IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

roadscholar

Good job at the end TSConver (no more dog paddling, much easier standing on the pegs). You HAVE to break thru that barrier to ride successfully offroad, the more practice the better the results. :thumbsup:  

• Like 5

Well, I decided not to work every moment of the weekend, so we'll drive up Sat afternoon and visit (i.e., drink and tell lies) until the wee hours with the night owls. We have a room at the BW so we can see some folks in the am, too. 

• Like 5

Here's a little fun run from yesterday - remember to adjust your YouTube resolution as high as your bandwith will allow.

• Like 9
  • Plus 1 1
48 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Hey, nobody’s perfect. :)

How about “nearly perfect” at finding these awesome conversation destinations… ;) :grin:

Oh yeah, found this at a little general store not too far from Blairsville. :classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

How about “nearly perfect” at finding these awesome conversation destinations… ;) :grin:

Oh yeah, found this at a little general store not too far from Blairsville. :classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg

58 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Hey Pat, not sure if you were targeting me or not, but if so, that is just plain cruel!  :4617:

YET . . . .

:90:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m sitting in our hotel in NJ on the Hudson and enjoying all the posts.  Keep them coming so I can live vicariously through you lucky guys!!

• Like 2
roadscholar

Just a big ole dirt bike. :thumbsup:

Pat maybe you should consider heading up an offroad mini-clinic at a future ART, I bet there are some that would appreciate learning a few techniques to practice on. 

• Like 5
  • Smile 1
On 4/29/2022 at 3:39 PM, TyTass said:

Well, I decided not to work every moment of the weekend, so we'll drive up Sat afternoon and visit (i.e., drink and tell lies) until the wee hours with the night owls. We have a room at the BW so we can see some folks in the am, too. 

Aw Man!  I cut out a day early to beat the weather tomorrow.  Sorry I missed you. I just got home.

• Like 1
lawnchairboy
11 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Hey, nobody’s perfect. :)

That’s what eddd told me as he picked up the x-challenge off me on the side of 64….

• Like 2
4 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Just a big ole dirt bike. :thumbsup:

Pat maybe you should consider heading up an offroad mini-clinic at a future ART, I bet there are some that would appreciate learning a few techniques to practice on. 

Bill, the promotional video will play at 9pm. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.bd207c6c6552308ce7e3ff1d9fc0be6a.jpeg

Great time and great riding, thanks for all the hard work put into these events! :clap:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
Indy Dave
5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Great time and great riding, thanks for all the hard work put into these events! :clap:

Well. . . at least they're both Rush Fans! :18:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta

Thanks to Dave and the crew including Brad (Boxflyer) for a terrific START event.  Great routes, food, fellowship and weather.

• Like 5

Thank you Lowndes for the invite.  Had a great time.  For some reason William and Lowndes wanted the big K in front.    I hope I wasn't slowing you down.  Lots of great roads and supar nice folks.   Junealeska and Wayah roads, the trip to Bell Mtn.  Wolfpen Gap Route 60.  Iron Bridge Cafe.  Some Fettling was done.  "Fuel Leak!"  "But how is oil coming out the center hole?"  Adult beverages.  Cuban Food.and a really nice Gun Store both behind the Best Western.  The pass that made Lowndes Laugh.  Bug removal on the White Trike.  Nikke and her camera.  I've got some pictures but most of the time I was just hanging two hands on the handlebars.  Such is a great time.

• Like 6
  • Smile 1

Made it home yesterday.  Great ride home, beautiful weather for it.  Thanks everyone for another great event.  Thanks @Indy Dave for organizing it all.  Thanks BBR for all your work in planning.  @Bernie missed you at the event.  Thanks @Boxflyer for the spanner wrench.  Thanks @TEWKS for taking me out for a great adventure ride, I think my boots might finally be dry.  Hope to see everyone at the un rally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dave!  Sure wish we spent more time together.  Great to see friends old and new.  I bugged out a bit early to beat the SoFla T-storms and glad I did, but sorry to have missed the dinner.  I still managed to get fed without too much trouble.  Sure was nice riding!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Jake said:

Adding a few shots, clumsily.

i-RLTKtdS-L.jpg

i-HWGLRQ5-L.jpg

i-G37gdVt-L.jpg

i-MkftszM-L.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jake said:

• Like 4
Lone_RT_rider

I made it back to the land of flat at 4 PM yesterday. The thunderstorms started about 4:30.  :)  Thanks to Dave and the crew for everything they do!  Another amazing event in the books. :) 

large.IMG_20220428_175229_01.jpg.6edeaf2c93355964f13c0a343fce3f4b.thumb.jpg.fc625de4487d8e7308cc1c97e8aff7d4.jpglarge.IMG_20220427_112930956.jpg.e7b95b3b295c4b88185b30537cb094b3.thumb.jpg.4302ad38f77eba39c26ca12e012b7d29.jpglarge.IMG_20220429_184356550.jpg.c3b4063c106c3abb5c20a575e0f63069.thumb.jpg.573a1a975628613e5e683e7ed253cfe8.jpglarge.IMG_20220429_183658338_HDR.jpg.d0b061c5e40199a5bd9bfadf8568103e.thumb.jpg.06a0e960456ce7c4b383c9969293dad3.jpglarge.IMG_20220429_102546.jpg.bdc473311e3ebf36ba6f80c9292d0158.thumb.jpg.32fde4543c6d15fe4aee62fcf6ffc8a7.jpglarge.IMG_20220428_203102320.jpg.0e67567bf0806d898e44f4f4a4346c62.thumb.jpg.8db2fe9e7d2c519b41a40e9db5d4523c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, it was nice to see about a third of the folks there last night.  I wish I'd had more time to actually come as planned and ride my motorcycle instead of caging it up for a one night and partial morning visit. 

Hope to see all of you folks at either the UN, FART, or both.  Cheers!

• Like 7
Indy Dave
16 hours ago, TEWKS said:

@TEWKS@wbw6cos.

My bike (Cami) has three words for you:

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS

• Like 4

Thank you all the BBR for hosting a great event!   Keep up the great work.    Let's do this again sometime.

A special shout out to Bernie for the routes he posted.   Lowndes and I are gonna have to go back to finish #8; that route was unbelievably fun until the route support vehicle had to go fetch 1.2 gallons of gasoline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
RandyShields

Wonderful, fun weekend!  Great roads and camaraderie.  Got to meet a number of new attendees, and some regulars that I haven't really had a chance to connect with previously.  Thanks Dave and the BBR crew for such a wonderful effort, again.  

Randy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Susan and I made it home a few hours ago.  Thanks to all for organizing and setting this up.  Loads of fun seeing old/new friends and riding around Blairsville.  We pulled into our hotel North of Indy 10 minutes before the storms began.  Rolled into Lowell (home) following the first front, and ahead of the next, with flooding along the roadsides.

• Like 8
Lone_RT_rider
19 minutes ago, scout6 said:

Susan and I made it home a few hours ago.  Thanks to all for organizing and setting this up.  Loads of fun seeing old/new friends and riding around Blairsville.  We pulled into our hotel North of Indy 10 minutes before the storms began.  Rolled into Lowell (home) following the first front, and ahead of the next, with flooding along the roadsides.

I missed it by about a half hour coming back on Saturday. All dry, thankfully. 

• Like 5

We got back to the truck in MV, loaded up and got into the cab just as a downpour let loose. The rain gods were kind to most of us it seems! :thumbsup:

Rolling along just south of Harrisburg right now.

• Like 9
lawnchairboy

Thanks organizers.  

nice group as always.

great to see the faces.

• Like 3

Ron, Steve and I all got home safe and sound Sunday evening after a GREAT gathering with you wonderful folks!

Looking FWD to the UnRally...rubbing my lucky rabbit's foot I can make it.

Take care and let me know what you may want done at the UN...

Brad 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
On 4/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, brianh70 said:

Aw Man!  I cut out a day early to beat the weather tomorrow.  Sorry I missed you. I just got home.

Wussy! :4316:

Next time maybe I'll show as planned. :4317:

Bill Murray

Thank you @Indy Dave for all your work behind the scenes. Thanks to @Bernie for your routes. Great seeing everyone again. I look forward to seeing many of you at the UnRally in June!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Indy Dave

Just a quick note - home safe n sound about 2 hours ago. Just 15 mins of rain on the way home. I'll catch up in the morning!!

• Like 5

START 2022 

Lovely to see everyone again and hoping that you all reached your home destinations safely. Heartfelt thanks to the organizers for the effort and hard work and thank you to the participants for the welcome, fun and friendship. I did not take very many photos this time around (will share in a day or two) but here in the meantime the group shot. Hugs, Niks 

IMG_0468_1.jpg

• Like 15
  • Plus 1 1
12 hours ago, TyTass said:

Wussy! :4316:

Next time maybe I'll show as planned. :4317:

Yeah yeah...  I wasn't the only one.  :4322:

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
32 minutes ago, brianh70 said:

Yeah yeah...  I wasn't the only one.  :4322:

Nope, and I'd do it it again rather than risk being a human lightening rod.