IGNORED

START 2016 - To HeleN Back again

Kinsley

I'm in. Arriving with the TX crew. Maybe. They haven't said I could ride with them, but I'm hoping. The big problem will be timing the arrival right outside of town, so I can get the bike off the trailer, and get my suit dirty so it looked like I rode all that way.

It worked on us.. :grin:

099-XL.jpg

I remember that day. Y'all all went tearing off on a Big Off Road Adventure and I tootled off on my RT That photo was taken at the top of some pass, you all came up the paved side, I came up the slick muddy gravel side. Funny, that black suit I have doesn't look as slimming any more

Christine and I are in! Reservations made. Arriving Wed, leaving Sunday.

Great turnout, glad to see the Texas crew is coming. Wooop!

I'm in. Arriving with the TX crew. Maybe. They haven't said I could ride with them, but I'm hoping. The big problem will be timing the arrival right outside of town, so I can get the bike off the trailer, and get my suit dirty so it looked like I rode all that way.

It'll be great to see you there! It's been a while, for sure.

Christine and I are in! Reservations made. Arriving Wed, leaving Sunday.

Great turnout, glad to see the Texas crew is coming. Wooop!

Are you sure you guys can stand the long trip?

Are you sure you guys can stand the long trip?

We should be able to swing it :grin:

Oops arriving Thursday, not Wednesday. My bad.

Oh sure! Make me do it all over again! :/

:rofl:

Joe Frickin' Friday
I called the hotel and the Standard Rooms in our block are taken.

There are some Riverfront Rooms still available.

I will try to increase the number of Standard Rooms in the block, but there is another group there the same weekend. My contact is out today and I travel tomorrow to Cedar Key, so it may be next week before we know.

Any news on the availability of more rooms?

I called the hotel and the Standard Rooms in our block are taken.

There are some Riverfront Rooms still available.

I will try to increase the number of Standard Rooms in the block, but there is another group there the same weekend. My contact is out today and I travel tomorrow to Cedar Key, so it may be next week before we know.

Any news on the availability of more rooms?

They have another block that will release rooms if they're not booked by the 27th of this month. I will keep you posted.

Lone_RT_rider
Well, we all know how reserved Mitch is....

Until he get's on a twisty NC mountain road, then.....you had better step it up and hold on. ;)

Joe Frickin' Friday
Well, we all know how reserved Mitch is....

Until he get's on a twisty NC mountain road, then.....you had better step it up and hold on. ;)

I don't know what the hell you're talking about...:confused:

2006-08-08-M.jpg

Yeah. :S There's at least a 1/4" left of lean angle right there. :grin:

2006-08-08-M.jpg

Yeah. :S There's at least a 1/4" left of lean angle right there. :grin:

2006-08-08-M.jpg

I'll bet he wasn't following a dually pickup hauling two dozer blades either. :dopeslap:

Actually , if you ever saw the bottom of the body panels on that bike you'd realize the only reason he hasn't yet touched down is because that part of that particular RT was already grinded off.....

Lone_RT_rider
Actually , if you ever saw the bottom of the body panels on that bike you'd realize the only reason he hasn't yet touched down is because that part of that particular RT was already grinded off.....

Those were all "installed" pre-ride smart thankfully. :) Oh, there was that matter of a mildly mis-adjusted rear shock too. lol

Shawn

Joe Frickin' Friday

I don't know what the hell you're talking about... :confused:

2003-10-57-M.jpg

^^^ Wouldn't be a problem on a GS : )

Bill are you going to be there to take the pictures again?

It's a possibility too early to know for sure tho. There's an Airstream RV park just north of Helen and I was thinking of bringing a buddy and staying up there. There's a lot of good dirt on both sides of 75 most of which I haven't been on, then head into town for the evenings.

well if you do come up and want to ride dirt let me know. I have some killer area's to ride. From G450x single track to nice wide GS fire roads. I am riding there this Saturday, and most every other Saturday. If my schedule does allow, I will bring the G450x up for the weekend. No interest in riding the pavement in that area, but the fire roads heck Yes :-)

^^^ Wouldn't be a problem on a GS : )

Bill are you going to be there to take the pictures again?

It's a possibility too early to know for sure tho. There's an Airstream RV park just north of Helen and I was thinking of bringing a buddy and staying up there. There's a lot of good dirt on both sides of 75 most of which I haven't been on, then head into town for the evenings.

:thumbsup:

trey mountain on the GA75 side is a great road. however trey mountain connects with Corbin creek rd. Then trey mountain heads back down to GA356 and that side is very different :-)

I am sure some riders would use a GS, but not me. I have trouble riding that on my G450x.

A nice trip is Helen 75 to trey mountain to corbin creek rd. Corbin creek rd back to 75 then north a short distance to Mill Creek Rd to wildcat rd to GA197 then north to Kennesaw lane, and then dicks creek rd to 76 then left back towards 75 to Indian Creek Rd back to Trey Mountain rd back to Helen.

very nice route.

trey mountain on the GA75 side is a great road. however trey mountain connects with Corbin creek rd. Then trey mountain heads back down to GA356 and that side is very different :-)

You're right Randy I did Tray Mtn then Corbin Creek back out to 75, was 2-up on an 800. Saw the turnoff and reminded myself to come back another time, looked interesting..

that route I noted above is a good 6 hour day ride. lots of nice dirt roads. If you want some extra stuff thrown in, when you come back indian graves rd, and it connects with Trey Mountain turn left onto trey mountain (instead of right) and follow Trey mountain back to GA356. That will give you some extra fun times. :-)

I will post a nice GS trip up RBR to dirt, then over to 129 and North on 129 to some great dirt. Loop all around 180 on mostly dirt then head back to Helen on pavement. I will post that next week

I'd be down for some GS non single track perhaps...

Ditto.

In Wed. Night

I'd be up to that too, if the caravan hasn't already gotten too long. Cheers!

Lone_RT_rider
Craig, I'll be in Pa. with family for my 80th birthday that weekend. Hope to see all of you next time.

Woooohooooo!!!! See Marty, borrowed time is a good thing. :) So glad your celebrating that 80th. :)

Shawn

Craig, I'll be in Pa. with family for my 80th birthday that weekend. Hope to see all of you next time.

Woooohooooo!!!! See Marty, borrowed time is a good thing. :) So glad your celebrating that 80th. :)

Shawn

Well, that's certainly understandable, but you'll be missed. We'll raise a glass (or more) in honor of your rather significant achievement ... 80!

It is a possibility for me, but slim. That is my last weekend home when on break before heading back to work on Tuesday. I will not say no though. I may need the relaxation after driving to and from TX with my wife, daughter and 4 month old grand daughter so we can give our other daughter, Krista away to a wondeful young Texan! My little baby is getting married!

It is a possibility for me, but slim. That is my last weekend home when on break before heading back to work on Tuesday. I will not say no though. I may need the relaxation after driving to and from TX with my wife, daughter and 4 month old grand daughter so we can give our other daughter, Krista away to a wondeful young Texan! My little baby is getting married!

Awesome! Congrats.

Still hope you can squeeze in a visit with us though!

Have a great time with your family Marty.

BTW how is the new GS working out for you?

Archived