IGNORED

Spring Blue Ridge Rendezvous - 2011 Pikeville, Kentucky April 29th-May 1st

Lone_RT_rider

There is a route in the gdb called HIE PIKE TO START SNAKE that runs "the snake" in reverse from the country store there in Shady Valley. It is 231 or so miles long and ends at the hotel.

Good deal. I may have found my route. It's a dull three hour ride to Mountain City for me from home, but looks to be all fun from there.

----

Lone_RT_rider
I know. It is pathetic. :grin: But it has been busy over here at the hermitage and I did have the bike apart for a little while doing a 24k service and ABS service. (I was quite proud I didn't have to come crying for help. :) )

David

What day and time are you headed up David? Shoot me a PM. :)

Is it time yet? :thumbsup::clap:

1230091304_fRJtw-XL.jpg

Just spoke with Debbie at the hotel and she said we've got 26 double-room reservations confirmed.

She asked me to post that we've got 5 smoking doubles and 2 king suites available.

Looking forward to the new venue!

If anyone is planning to cancel a $85.99 room please let me know as all they have is smoking $135 king suite, that's not going to happen. May be staying down the road.

marty mayer

Same as Ken, Now that my bike is back together again I am going to try to make it. So if anyone is going to cancel a room please let me know.

Thanks

Marty

Got things covered at the office - count me IN. Since it is not in Maggie Valley I guess I'll have to actually pay for a room this year :cry:. Just made my reservation and nabbed a single one, nonsmoking. Is it almost here yet?!

Jay

I booked 2 rooms for Th, Fr, Sat (double, NS) and will only need one. Let me know if you need a room as I plan to cancel the other by this weekend.

See you all soon!

Lone_RT_rider

People...

We are still at 27 on the list for Dinner. Based on the room bookings I would say that we are still missing at least 20 Din Din payments for Saturday night. Let's get those payments in people!

Shawn

Were the routes ever posted? Just sat down to figure out a plan of action and realized I am completely unprepared........you know, for a change :rofl:

Is Pikeville far enough out in the sticks that they have just recently received their own zip code?

My GPS is a few years old......(2610 with 2008 maps). That being said, it doesn't like 41502. Not a problem, just kind of funny

Lone_RT_rider
Deadline for dinner payments is this Friday April 22. We need to get a full head count in to the restaurant.

I know there are few of you that I have not confirmed your dinner payment. I will be sending those out tonight. As Matt has said, you have 3 more days to get those payments in.

This situation is different than others we have done in the past. There will be NO LAST MINUTE PAYMENTS accepted as in past events. I have always tried to help people out before. This time due to the meal provider, we are not in a situation to do this.

Shawn

terryofperry

I'm IN, just booked a room, maybe 2 up with my son, if he is willing to miss school.

Arrive late on Thursday 28th.

May all have a safe trip.

Terry

Lone_RT_rider

Hey there Terry and thanks for joining us. :) I'm not sure if you have seen our BRR Dinner thread, but please read up and send your paypal dinner money in as soon as possible.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Shawn

(Arriving late Friday night so keep the light on for me)

Lone_RT_rider
In with a guest (my brother Shawn, who lives in Greenville but is not THE Shawn).
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

I'm sure there are a vast number of people that would raise their glasses in agreement and yell "Here Here!". One of me is definitely enough, just ask the local law enforcement in my hometown of Sagiawn, Michigan. LOL. :) Ahhhhhh memories. ;)

In with a guest (my brother Shawn, who lives in Greenville but is not THE Shawn).
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

I'm sure there are a vast number of people that would raise their glasses in agreement and yell "Here Here!". One of me is definitely enough, just ask the local law enforcement in my hometown of Sagiawn, Michigan. LOL. :) Ahhhhhh memories. ;)

Yes, when I think of you Shawn, I certainly think of raising a glass....well, actually more than one :dopeslap:

terryofperry

I'm looking forward to meeting all of ya'll, including but not limited to, the chicken man, the Polish guy and the "V" dude as I lived in his state for over 40 years, geographically speaking of course. Sadly, we are not going to make the dinner thingy. Our loss I'm sure.

Terry

I am 300 miles closer to the catskills and the return trip to the BRR! This is going to be fun, if it doesn't snow at my moms house this weekend!

The GS finally sold, but unfortunately, the buyer wants to fly in and pick it up next week. So I'll just be a day later than expected, arriving Friday instead of Thursday, and riding the ST or the Aprilia (decisions, decisions...). Neither of those is really set up for travellin, so i have some work to do, but once either one of the other bikes sell, planning to get a GS with ABS, in case anyone sees any nice ones.

Finally, check out www.sheridesabeemer.com. This is the lady (Gail) that's buying the GS, and flying in from New Hampshire to pick it up and ride home. One of the best blogs I've seen. See y'all soon!

Lone_RT_rider

Just a quick reminder that TODAY is the LAST DAY to get your BRR Dinner Payment in. We are just shy of 50, so its going to be a good event. Less than a week for some folks! See you there!

Shawn

I’m heading up with Randy and Andy Raye on Friday night. I’m looking for a roommate for Friday and Saturday nights. I’d like to share a room if possible.

terryofperry

KenL

I may have a space for you as my son may opt out due to school activities. I won't know until Tuesday so if you find a something else go for it. I'm 95% he will not go but we will see.

I may have gotten one of the last rooms as the 2nd bed is a foldout but they said it was a suite for the same price. Who knows. I'll use the foldout as I don't need much.

I will know Tuesday, sorry that is the best I can do.

Terry

Matt

Thanks for pointing this out on the ride invite thread. I have to be home in the evenings that weekend, hence just a day ride.

NCS

Terry

Thanks for the roommate offer. The foldout is fine for me as well, at this late date the floor is an acceptable option!

Ken

Archived