IGNORED

Spring Blue Ridge Rendezvous - 2011 Pikeville, Kentucky April 29th-May 1st

Lone_RT_rider

Was a lot of rain and some tornados last night in the Kingsport area just a little south of Pikeville. Several local deaths. However, today is clear cold front blue and now low 50s heading to 70 with roads almost fully dried off- nearly perfect riding weather,

Heading out soon to do the last little bit to Pikeville and hoping not to run into too much debris on roads. Be careful if you're coming over the Snake today- the heavy rain and wind may have put some junk on those corners though they were in very good shape yesterday before the front came through.

See y'all in a few hours.

Linda Mooney

Not going to make it to this ride unfortunately!

Tell Paul to drink a cold one for me and bring me back a shirt! (Just joking, Paul )

Just came over the Snake. It wasn't too bad. There was enough debris down to make choosing a line exciting, but was certainly passible and still fun.

David

99.9% sure that my transmission splines just stripped. Downshifted followed by a terrible zipping sound. Bike runs fine, but won't go anywhere. Gotta make some calls.

Located about 1 mile south of the intersection of 79 and 4 in WV

GPS

N 38 36.460

W 080 52.007

99.9% sure that my transmission splines just stripped. Downshifted followed by a terrible zipping sound. Bike runs fine, but won't go anywhere. Gotta make some calls.

Located about 1 mile south of the intersection of 79 and 4 in WV

GPS

N 38 36.460

W 080 52.007

Best of luck getting it sorted out. Good gravy, Keith....I remember you had to leave a BRR with bike issues 2 or 3 events ago...bad luck man. Time for a DL650 :wave:

Got a tow on the way to get me back to civilization. Still don't know how I'm getting home, but I'll worry about that later

Joe Frickin' Friday

Sorry to hear the news, Keith. That's weird that you got 100K miles out of your first input shaft + clutch, and you only got 26K out of this set.

Hope the Corbin was comfortable. :grin:

The Corbin was sublime. The rest of this bike can rot in hell. I'm stuck watching bad reality shows on VH1 with half a buzz from Applebee's. This is NOT the vacation I planned for

Guys,

It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Work is just killing me right now...but I did sell the GS today. Bike shopping, anyone?

Have a great time, and be safe. That flood water's always deeper than it looks!

Lone_RT_rider
Guys,

It doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Work is just killing me right now...but I did sell the GS today. Bike shopping, anyone?

Have a great time, and be safe. That flood water's always deeper than it looks!

Man! That sucks. Well, I hope you have a good weekend and maybe we will see you at the UN? :)

Lone_RT_rider
The Corbin was sublime. The rest of this bike can rot in hell. I'm stuck watching bad reality shows on VH1 with half a buzz from Applebee's. This is NOT the vacation I planned for

Keith,

Any plan? Been in touch with Matt? It looks like you are about 70 miles from Pikeville?

Edit: I just mapped it, 164 miles.... ouch.

Shawn

(still at work until about 3:30 today)

Keith, that truly sucks. :cry:

We all miss you.

Thanks guys.....I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. Haven't seen most of you in a year+

Hopefully I'll be back on two wheels before the UN. I have full permission from the wife to do or buy whatever I want, so I gotta go hit some shops and get some seat time. Have a hot date at the local BMW/Triumph dealer next weekend for their open house/demo day. Hoping to check out the new Sprint GT, Tiger 800, 1200GS, and a fully farkled Tiger 1050 they have sitting there used.

motorman587

Kieth, Reminds me when I got that leak on my LT and you had the whole rear taken apart...........which I could attempted to have made it. Next year....;)

Hi to all BMW ST riders who just finished BRR Pikeville.

I had a 6 hr drench ride home, but am now safe and dry in western MD. Thanks to Brad and all who made this another special weekend.

Brad, I left my headphones for my phone in Room 218. I called the hotel, and they said they gave them to you to find the owner...that is me!

Please contact me at frank.shap@gmail.com, and I will give you my mail address to send them home.

Thanks again, look forward to UN Rallye in August.

Frank Shap

Hi to all BRR participants,

I left my phone headset/earphones at the HI Express on Sunday moninig.

The maids found them, and took to the front desk.

The desk clerk said that someone from BMWST picked them up, and would "send out an e mail" to the group (probably meant a forum post), to see whose they were.

If you are that someone, please let me know, I would like to have them back.

Thanks,

Frank

Nice n Easy Rider
Hi to all BRR participants,

I left my phone headset/earphones at the HI Express on Sunday moninig.

The maids found them, and took to the front desk.

The desk clerk said that someone from BMWST picked them up, and would "send out an e mail" to the group (probably meant a forum post), to see whose they were.

If you are that someone, please let me know, I would like to have them back.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,

If you'll just describe in vivid detail the ear fungus that you and your doctor have been trying to cure for the last year I'm sure they'll be returned in record time. :grin:

Not to mention the.......oh well I will skip that detail. :(

Hope some ST'er has them and lets me know.

BTW nice to see some old and new friends in KY, looking forward to the UN Rally.

I picked up a small black pouch with earphones in the lobby on Sunday morning and handed it in at the front desk. By late Sunday they were not claimed, so I brought them with. If it sounds like yours Frank, please let me have an address to FedEx them to.

Theunis

Matt and Shawn, thanks for making the Pikeville BRR VII a great event. It was a fun time with lot's of interesting (and challenging) roads, conditions, and weather. Almost 1900 miles in 5 days and NO interstate!

Also, a big :clap::clap: to Bernie for setting up two great rides up and back from Flatistan. He made it fun, even when we were well south of Athens and the fun should have been over. Also, his eternal quest for that "next cup of coffee" made for some fun little side trips with a usually good payoff.

Riding with Bernie, Bill (Highway 41), and "big green Matt" (bigger than the original Matt) was a hoot. It was a great time for sure.

Finally, even though this was just my 3rd BRR, I really feel we owe Matt and Shawn some gratitude (and beers) for organizing these events. Thanks again and good luck to Ken (yeah) for future events.

Archived