IGNORED

Spring Blue Ridge Rendezvous - 2011 Pikeville, Kentucky April 29th-May 1st

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider
Yep, we'll be getting those together in the next couple of weeks to distribute.

We will? I just wanted to let people try to figure it out as we went. :) It would have been an entertaining scene in the parking long on Saturday morning. :rofl:

We will? I just wanted to let people try to figure it out as we went. :) It would have been an entertaining scene in the parking long on Saturday morning. :rofl:

Shhhhhhhhhhh that's secret

FYI, you should say weeks ahead of the event, not months.

FYI, you should say weeks ahead of the event, not months.

Sooooo, then we should start talking UNrally then right?

I figure June is soon enough ;-)

Yes, mid June for the UN.

Do you have Pikeville area routes?

I have the last routes from KY, going to rework them from the new hotel.

Yes, mid June for the UN.

Do you have Pikeville area routes?

I have the last routes from KY, going to rework them from the new hotel.

That will be fine for the South and West, but I'll look at my files for the more northern roads. Does anyone from the board live up there?

:mad: GGGAAAAHHHHH!!!

Just looked at my calendar and discovered that for the first time in a really long time, I'm going to miss the BRR :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry guys ... will get to work on rescheduling things so I can make the Un if possible :(

What?

No snuggie?

I will raise a snuggie-less toast in your honor. Drat.

I'll bring my own snuggie and place it at the table for you

So, in looking at what we had for the last get together, we used a bunch of loops trying to connect the recommended road segments. There were some challenges to this approach, but I think I have resolved those so far.

Anyone have a preference? I'll probably do it both ways, one file with loops, one with just the individual segments. I hope to have them up within the week. Please make sure that they are recalculated with your particular version of mapsource.

just me, but I prefer just having the "good" roads noted and I make my own routes. but I know not everyone has the software or time to build thier own routes. just my vote, but if you do both ways, the work is appreciated. thanks

Ok, I'll be sending the routes off for QA in the next couple days and we should have them back out and ready for download within a few days of that.

Also, we're breaking tradition a little bit here on this special BRR and ordering some shirts... I'm looking at an embroidered polo shirt and t-shirts so both the working stiffs and the retired bums have something nice to wear! :rofl:

Parking under the awning should be reserved for senior and handicapped parking. I can bring my handicapped placard from the car :grin:

Hi all! :wave: Can we leave yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a sneek peek at the routes folks (to help edit) ... and it looks like a whole grunch of great roads in the area - though I've only ridden a handful of them before.

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

That's great!!!!

I am finishing up the routes tonight and tomorrow. I'll bounce them back out for one more QA check and we'll post them probably first of the week.

Lots of good riding there!

I'm in.

Just made a reservation with the nice lady at the Pikeville Holiday Inn Express.

Those that will be arriving from points south on Thursday or Friday, be advised that you will likely encounter coal trucks especially on US 23.

I keep watching from a distance each year and think I'll be able to do it.

This year I will be there but not there. Down from Michigan to TN on Wednesday. Then I'll be at Deal's Gap and then up to Bristol, TN on Thursday. Then the group I'm riding with is going to the Barber Motorsports on the Friday/Sat, back up and eventually on the BRP to Peaks of Otter on Sunday. Disappointing I will be all around but still not there.

But riding with old friends is always fun, someday I'll get to ride with new friends!

Lone_RT_rider
Bumpity, bump, bump!

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Is the clock broken on your neighbors Harley again? :grin:

77 degrees here in the Upstate SC area today. Man what a gorgeous day. :)

Shawn

And my bike is shock-less! I sent my ESA shocks to Hermanusa to get the WIlber conversion done on them. This sucks, great riding weather and no bike!

On the bright site I will be making reservations for the BRR today!

Alan

Lone_RT_rider

Awesome Chris! It's always good to see you at these (or any) events. By the way, my normal riding partner is "optimizing" his vacation time and won't be attending this one. So, I will need a wing man. I should be in late Friday night. :)

Shawn

Heads up: Just booked my room, and they're going fast. They are out of non-smoking doubles, so she had to put me in a king suite for the same rate :cry:. But she asked me to let everyone know she's got about ten rooms left.

lawnchairboy

unless I hear otherwise, yes. he experienced the joy of 100+ miles on the x-torture seat a couple of weeks ago.... then I realized he was in pain and let him take the RT in to home. Me thinks he may have a case of RT fever now.

unless I hear otherwise, yes. he experienced the joy of 100+ miles on the x-torture seat a couple of weeks ago....

Couldn't hold up for 280 like you did, huh?

No doubt you proved you were a real man that day....of coarse, you can't have children now :rofl:

unless I hear otherwise, yes. he experienced the joy of 100+ miles on the x-torture seat a couple of weeks ago.... then I realized he was in pain and let him take the RT in to home. Me thinks he may have a case of RT fever now.

Yeah, he does.... I've done my part to toss him leads too.

He'll come to hate the 3 of us eventually.

Lone_RT_rider
Procrastination for the win! I'm in and they still have a few rooms left.

Woooooohoooo! I get to ride another 300 miles to get to see you when you live an entire 5 miles from me! I swear I used deodorant.... :dopeslap:

Shawn

I know. It is pathetic. :grin: But it has been busy over here at the hermitage and I did have the bike apart for a little while doing a 24k service and ABS service. (I was quite proud I didn't have to come crying for help. :) )

David

Procrastination for the win! I'm in and they still have a few rooms left.

Have you planned your route up to go through Shady Valley? If so, I'd be interested in how you're going from there.

---

Have you planned your route up to go through Shady Valley? If so, I'd be interested in how you're going from there.

---

Well to be honest, I haven't quite figured out where Pikeville, KY is yet. :grin: I'm thinking Shady Valley is a bit east of a strait line between me and Pikeville. Given that, I would think something like 181 out of Morganton to 221 into Boone and then 421 through Shady Valley to Bristol and from there anything interesting to Pikeville.

I plan on spending some quality time with the routes and a map and see if I can come up with something a little more refined.

David

Archived