IGNORED

Torrey XIX

Bob Palin

From their website:

The work will occur on the entire Zion-Mt Carmel Highway from the junction of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive to the East Entrance. No work will be done on the tunnel. The project will be administered by the Federal Highways Administration (FHWA). Although there will be delays and road closures affecting travel between Zion Canyon and U.S. Highway 89, all park visitor facilities and the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive will remain open for visitor enjoyment.

At this point in time, work is expected to be Monday through Thursday. Construction closures will occur on those days. Weekends and Holidays should be open with few delays. The work schedule is being finalized and will be available the week of May 17th. When it is available, the schedule and any updates will be posted on this website or by calling 435-772-3256 (press 1, then 4).

So as usual I assume we will be having our Friday evening gathering around the pool at the Chuckwagon. Just talked to Randy who said there were no formal arrangements for food for Friday night but that he would have extra bbq chicken etc and extra staff in the Chuckwagon store.

Dennis Andress

It's been so long since our last Torrey that I almost feel like a newbie. Is there a list of you is going? Not that I want to print name tags or anything like that. But, are we expecting a big turnout, or average? Does anyone really care?

It looks like Laney scored a cool Kendon trailer. We're picking it up Tuesday evening and leaving Wednesday. This could get interesting...

It's been so long since our last Torrey that I almost feel like a newbie. Is there a list of you is going?
Without your (as in Laney's) wonderful name tags there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to make a list of attendees. I'll do registration in the fall if you do name tags.
JerryMather

Looks more like the old days without a list and we ordered pizza Friday night at the Chuckwagon, which is fine with me.

May bring up an old name tag from the past but most will already know me on site.

See you guys Thursday afternoon along with a few of the Crest Krew in tow.

We'll be at the Shell Station at 9am in Mesquite if anyone wants to join us for the ride up. FYI: We usually don't do a " smell the roses " type of ride, although we do have an LT with us this time so we won't be going at warp speed as in the past.

So as usual I assume we will be having our Friday evening gathering around the pool at the Chuckwagon. Just talked to Randy who said there were no formal arrangements for food for Friday night but that he would have extra bbq chicken etc and extra staff in the Chuckwagon store.

Wednesday night I'll probably go to The Patio for dinner. Pizza and antipasto. Thursday is open. Maybe Chillz. Friday around the pool at the Chuckwagon HAS to happen. It's tradition. Five bucks or ten bucks a head and we'll see if Randy and the troops can whip up some specialties out of that deli of theirs.

Saturday is the usual "make your own plans." I may go either to the Diablo (which was exceptional last time) or to the Rim Rock.

Of course, all of this may change (except for Friday) depending on the prevailing dining winds.

Five bucks or ten bucks a head and we'll see if Randy and the troops can whip up some specialties out of that deli of theirs.
Then you gotta tell him soon so he can prepare, I just told him we wouldn't be doing that since nobody had mentioned it.

I write this while looking at the Cafe Diablo sign out the window of the camper. See ya'll soon.

As of 9:00pm Monday evening...

SLC weather forecast for Friday according to Weather Underground seems to be deteriorating, including the dreaded snowflake symbol for Saturday overnight.

The Intellicast service not showing snow - but calling showers Sat/Sun.

Just an FYI for passers-by to/from the North. Probably nothing to it...

edit to add... Torrey vicinity looks fine.

Here is quotes from the weather scientists at the SLC NOAA office...

"Models all very similar in pushing a shallow cold front into

northern Utah on Thursday as main cold air aloft remains north of

our forecast area. Front will stall across north central Utah then

from Friday Onward a series of increasingly deep upper troughs

rotate through the area. Frontal zone becomes active with precipitation

with each passing upper trough...but the front does not push east

of the area until late Sunday or Monday...so we will see a

prolonged period of unsettled weather through the weekend with

areas north of the front cooler than average with a threat of rain

each day. South of the front...it will be dry with temperatures

near or just above seasonal normals with moderate to strong southwest winds.

Some slight timing differences between GFS/ec on the above scenario...but the basic idea is the same in both models."

I've also had a last minute vacancy in one of the rooms of the Gleno suite (apartment above the general store). If anybody still needs a room it's $50 a night plus tax. Click here for pics and info Chuckwagon Apartment Info

Cya'll there. :thumbsup:

You guys are all arriving a few days late, today it is gusty with black clouds, looks like we'll get rain in the valley and it's snowing on the high country.

Perfect Torrey dual-sporting weather...

Just heard a strange noise, it's the rain hitting the window. Eddd is out on the Sherpa somewhere, top man that Eddd.

You guys are all arriving a few days late, today it is gusty with black clouds, looks like we'll get rain in the valley and it's snowing on the high country.

Perfect Torrey dual-sporting weather...

Just heard a strange noise, it's the rain hitting the window. Eddd is out on the Sherpa somewhere, top man that Eddd.

I got back from riding the Sherpa a little while ago. I didn't venture too far. Very windy and the dark clouds made it clear what lay ahead should I try for any elevation. Some rain...make that some COLD rain, but the sun is out right now. Quite amazing how fast things can change.

Dennis Andress

I had new tires put on the bike during lunch. We are picking up a trailer tonight. Leaving town tomorrow afternoon for Mesquite. We hope to be in Torrey before lunch Thursday.

I've also had a last minute vacancy in one of the rooms of the Gleno suite (apartment above the general store). If anybody still needs a room it's $50 a night plus tax. Click here for pics and info Chuckwagon Apartment Info

Cya'll there. :thumbsup:

Ok the room at the Gleno suite has been filled. Is it time to leave yet? :wave:

Sherpa ride number two was a bit of a bust. It started hailing (small hail) and sent me scurrying for cover. The sun is back out now, but who knows for how long.

standard.jpg

lawnchairboy

The clampetts did co-92/gunnison today and came back south to 62 to run out to Telluride and it started snowing on us, turned back at last dollar road turnoff, it's wine-thirty at the cabin.

I sure hope it is legal in Utah to hang a bike rack off the end of a trailer.

4 motos loaded

2 bikes loaded

1 Kids Scooter loaded (might add a 2nd so we can race)

2 coolers

1 massive tent

6 sleeping bags

5 camp chairs

Riding Gear for 5

Clothes/computer/camera gear snacks for a small army

5 gallon gas can

And a special something extra

Now I just need to get a few things done here tomorrow and away we go early Thursday.

871694312_whrHJ-XL.jpg

871693386_gtsUf-L.jpg

This newbie will be heading west in the morning.

Not noobies.... Moobies!! LOL! :dopeslap:

But have a safe trip Chris and we'll see you on Thursday!

4 motos loaded

2 bikes loaded

2 coolers

1 massive tent

6 sleeping bags

5 camp chairs

Riding Gear for 5

5 gallon gas can

Now I just need to get a few things done here tomorrow and away we go early Thursday.

Just don't forget the human units.

Tom...Was there a sale at Sanford and Son's??

:rofl: :rofl:

Holy crap Tom......that load would make Clark Grizwald blush

Anyone still on the fence...the Chuckwagon has two rooms available for this weekend.

If you already have rooms in town please do not cancel.

We are getting a bad rep for doing that.

BeniciaRT_GT

How long you gonna be gone again? I didn't see the three Play stations? :S

Dennis Andress

Holy Cr--! We just bought a trailer. I hope it doesn't lead to this!!!

871694312_whrHJ-XL.jpg

Anybody still looking for someone to share the cost of a room? I found out this afternoon that my reservations at the trading post got screwed up. If worst comes to worst, I'll be packing a sleeping bag and a thermarest.

Let me know if you are interested in sharing with a non-snoring, well behaved older gent.

First I was in, then out, now IN!! I WILL BE IN TORREY THIS AFTERNOON!! YAHOO!!

Granted I have to return home Friday night, but at least I get to go for a ride and see some friends that I have not seen since last September.

Yahoo!!

Introduction:

I want to introduce a friend to the group. Her name is Sue Parry and she will be in Torrey and tooling around in a red convertible Mini Cooper with the license plate SUZWEE for this spring Torrey. She is an accomplished motorcycle rider, excellent cook, water skis, rides horses, throws great dinner parties and has a great sense of humor...but her greatest attribute, to me, is her friendship.

So, keep a look out for her and show her a good time.

Todd

P.S. For you single guys, if you can catch her you can have her! Good luck with that one! Hee, hee!

Marty Hill

I'm not there either-just saying hi. Back in kali in 6-8 weeks/will be in touch.

Bill_Walker

4 motos loaded

2 bikes loaded

2 coolers

1 massive tent

6 sleeping bags

5 camp chairs

Riding Gear for 5

5 gallon gas can

Looks like it's time to change your last name to Joad or Clampett!

My goodness Tom, from the looks of that truck and trailer someone might think you are moving. Not that a move to Torrey would be a bad thing.... All ya'll have a great time, I'll be missing you all.

Archived