IGNORED

Torrey XIX

Bob Palin

I am on the waiting list at the CW for next spring and fall. They told me they were booked up for the next 15 years, but they would be happy to put me on the waiting list.

Chris

Relax about the waiting list, almost everyone gets in that wants in.

We will always have an extra room or someone will need a roommate.

Keep me posted and it will work out.

Whip

Coming from WA, it's two days out and two days back, plus 3 there. That's a chunk of vacation time, so I don't think I'll be able to make two Torreys a year. Between the Spring and Fall events, Spring has more people, Fall has better colors. I'll have to choose one, so having just been there in the Fall, count me in for the Spring. The CW has AzAl and me in the middle cabin again, and I know we left at least one bottle of single malt tucked away up in the kitchen cabinet. . .

Then again, if I buy a truck and my wife helps with the 18-hour drive, and if we can unload somewhere near SLC, hmmmmm.

You know .... It was nice to see the West Coast Mod's all together up there for a change. Kinda like old times.

Instead of them staying at home or doing a trackday.

Now we need to somehow get Tool back up there with us. I miss him.

Coming from WA, it's two days out and two days back, plus 3 there. That's a chunk of vacation time, so I don't think I'll be able to make two Torreys a year. ...

Couldn't you bring some jackets and gloves to market and consider it a business trip?

Coming from WA, it's two days out and two days back, plus 3 there. That's a chunk of vacation time, so I don't think I'll be able to make two Torreys a year. ...

Couldn't you bring some jackets and gloves to market and consider it a business trip?

Don't I wish. Nice thought, though.

Right now we are planning on bringing the entire clan (Maybe the Dogs too) and leaving Jesus and Liam to watch the house this spring. Will work out accomadations after the first of the year. Will be a total hoot either way and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for the link so I can line up the dates now. Tentatively IN pending approval from work. I always miss that place and the people the day after I leave.

I am on the waiting list at the CW for next spring and fall. They told me they were booked up for the next 15 years, but they would be happy to put me on the waiting list.
You can always get on the "Phil's Room" waiting list! :thumbsup:

[ducking and running]

You can always get on the "Phil's Room" waiting list!

Does he share a room with Chris?

In

Found out yesterday that my friend, Wendy has already booked the Kiva at The Capital Reef Inn for both dates next year.

My wife and I have reservations at the CW for Spring Torrey. Since she doesn't ride that means we'll drive the truck towing the RT and dirt bike. I got knocked out of Fall Torrey this year as my 85 year old mother needed surgery and we needed to be there to help.

Then again, if I buy a truck and my wife helps with the 18-hour drive, and if we can unload somewhere near SLC, hmmmmm.
Ask some of the local HD crowd, they're well practiced at such things. ...just sayin'

OH, almost forgot. Since this appears to be the beginnings of the next "Who's In" thread...IN!!

Hi everyone!!

markgoodrich

Should be there, depending on waitlist. Will bring a biggo box o' name tags this time; too many secret identities vs real names.

You can always get on the "Phil's Room" waiting list! :thumbsup:

[ducking and running]

:rofl::rofl: if is wasn't so true...... :grin:

Firefight911
:mad:

Does this mean you won't be there??? :eek:

No, it means that it is a loooooooonnnnnngggggggg way away.

You?

:mad:

Does this mean you won't be there??? :eek:

No, it means that it is a loooooooonnnnnngggggggg way away.

You?

Ahhh .... I see ... :)

Don't know for sure. Ron was after me to make the trip out in the Spring. It's on my bucket list for sure; just don't know whether it will be a Spring or Fall ride. :Cool:

just don't know whether it will be a Spring or Fall ride

Shannon,

You really need to make both that way you can decide which one... :grin::dopeslap:

Be nice if this was our "first night out" stop on the way to Hyder.

Hmmmmmmm.

I didn't get to ask you in Torrey if you guys were going to ride the 48+ on your way to Hyder.
Be nice if this was our "first night out" stop on the way to Hyder.

Hmmmmmmm.

I didn't get to ask you in Torrey if you guys were going to ride the 48+ on your way to Hyder.

No - wish we could but not this time.

• 2 months later...

Decided Torrey XIX needed a "bump" - last post was 10/9/09!

Not sure I can wait to ride out west again until UN-IX at Topaz Lake in July. I have started to think about the possibilities of riding out in May for Torrey XIX and leaving the bike someplace in CA or NV. Then fly back to DC and work a couple of months before flying back to pick up the bike and head to the UN and then ride home.

Planning is almost as much fun as riding! :thumbsup:

Not sure I can wait to ride out west again until UN-IX at Topaz Lake in July. I have started to think about the possibilities of riding out in May for Torrey XIX and leaving the bike someplace in CA or NV. Then fly back to DC and work a couple of months before flying back to pick up the bike and head to the UN and then ride home.
If you can find a ride to/from the airport in SLC you are welcome to leave the bike in Torrey at my place between the events if that suits your needs.

If I make it out for Torrey XIX, can I just stay at your house until UN-IX? Damn, I need a trailer to pull behind my GS so I can have both bikes out there.

If you can find a ride to/from the airport in SLC you are welcome to leave the bike in Torrey at my place between the events if that suits your needs.

Thanks for the offer! I am looking at airport/city and date options. I have family in Seattle and found a round trip from DC with dates that would work in May and July for $198 round trip.

It is never too early to talk about Torrey! The wife and I have our room at the CW and we are looking forward to Spring. Driving my truck with a dirt bike in the back instead of riding the RT. Wife lays around the pool, Gregg goes riding with Bob.....sounds perfect for both of us!

Torrey for sure. But where are all you guys on the DVD registration list?

Death Valley in January ain't exactly Torrey in the Spring time.

...no offense.

:Cool:

IN

Hey Bob, can I reserve the same tent space as last Fall?

Looking forward to the spring scene.

Hopefully will hook up with a few Dry Town Crew for the ride out.

Countdown is on.

You still have New Years! :clap: Then you have Valentine's! :clap:

I took my first trip this year on my new bike on Valentine's. Hope to start at the same time this coming year. You can come up and join us hope to go back to Ark.

Archived