IGNORED

Torrey XIX

Bob Palin

Got nothing till Denver but then the party begins! :thumbsup: PM me your email if you'd like to look at the Garmin file I have. I'd post it here but don't know how. :dopeslap:

Torrey! :dopeslap: Never mind..

Pat

Matts_12GS
I thought you were trailering?????

Riding back, I gotta be back to work on the 24th, although I may stretch it to the 25th.

Sorry to say that I'm not able to get the insurance stuff settled in time to still attend this one. I hope to make it there another time to meet everyone.

TN_R_Girl
work is WWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated.

So sayeth the government employee...

employeezzzz (plural)! :grin:

Matts_12GS
employeezzzz (plural)! :grin:

Sigh....

I've got my work cut out for me on this trip

:rofl:

Are the bikes on the trailer yet? Huh?

Huh?

Matts_12GS

I'll be coasting down next week, a couple altered shifts to nights and then I'm ready to roll. Final maintenance gets done this weekend.

ArizonaAl

When I get ready to go, I climb on the K12RS and 512 miles later I'm at the Chuckwagon-- Is it time to go yet?

See you all at Torrey!

Dennis Andress

Laney and I are in at the Chuckwagon. The new bikes are almost ready. At 2800 miles, mine needs new shoes.

We're searching for a trailer....

TN_R_Girl

Wouldn't you know it?? No rest for the wicked ... instead of a nice easy week leading into blast off with the rest of my hillbilly friends, I've got a full-on jury trial, plus my regular dockets, etc. :eek:

Sigh ... what was somebody saying about "government employees?" :dopeslap:

Jacqueline

Bob, has anyone request the hammock yet? Last summer that hammock was real comfortable that one night, I slept in it. I may ride in Sat. afternoon with an early Sunday departure. Thinking I'll just bring my sleeping bag, leave the tent home and slept under the stars in your hammock.... or your front porch will also do.

Bob Palin
Bob, has anyone request the hammock yet? Last summer that hammock was real comfortable that one night, I slept in it. I may ride in Sat. afternoon with an early Sunday departure. Thinking I'll just bring my sleeping bag, leave the tent home and slept under the stars in your hammock.... or your front porch will also do.
Nobody has requested it yet so it's yours, might be chilly but we'll work it out, I have extra tents too.
Nobody has requested it yet so it's yours, might be chilly but we'll work it out, I have extra tents too.

Do you have an extra scanner? :lurk:

hANNAbONE
What's this Torrey thing? Who's going to be there?

nICE aVATAR, vlad...need some help on that, bro? =B^)

Bob Palin

Do you have an extra scanner? :lurk:

One per tent.

A poem...

Packin my Cigars and my cheap Scotch,

It's 2 weeks early and a twitch in my Crotch, :eek:

Soon on the Vstrom and heading to Torrey,

With new roads for my path it will make a great story.

See you there :thumbsup:

A poem...

Here's hoping for a great story after a less than stellar poem. :wave:

A poem...

You might try this link or this one for some help with the jock itch/crabs . . . but I'm afraid there's no hope of curing your acute case of doggerelitis! :rofl:

A poem...

From Emmett he cometh

Aboard that V-Strom,

He'll ogle your wife,

Your livestock and Mom.

He'll drink up your liquor

Smoke stogies on cheap,

So house all your women,

And barn-up the sheep.

For rumors they say

Carry some fact,

Although he's not yet

Been caught in the act.

For Wurty you see

Is really no fool,

He knows you can't fingerprint

Soft fluffy wool.

Matts_12GS

A poem...

Well now, this just even more interesting...

If you are passing through Salt Lake City please let us know about when... since it takes a little advance notice to round up the livestock....

**   Chris   **
If you are passing through Salt Lake City please let us know about when... since it takes a little advance notice to round up the livestock....

Wow. That would be nice. I wonder if I could someone to round up all the livestock across, Texas, New Mexico and southern Colorado. Actually, if they could round up all 4 legged critters I would be much more comfortable riding between here and Torrey.

Although, I have decided the faster you go, the less chance you have of hitting some kind of critter in the road. Since you are on the road for less time, the occurrences of animals on the road has to be less...

Dibs on a tent!

Coming on a new-to-me Tuono. Picking it up tomorrow! Almost as nicely equipped as my old one.

**   Chris   **
Dibs on a tent!

Coming on a new-to-me Tuono. Picking it up tomorrow! Almost as nicely equipped as my old one.

I have loved the Tuonos. If they are any where near as comfortable as my Futura was, it would be a great long distance bike.

I'm not going to read this thread.

P.S. But, if I did, I would recommend Mountain View Inn.

Where's that? (Boulder View Inn?)

FYI - I'm not in Torrey at the moment but I hear it's snowing pretty heavily this morning...

Bring your warm clothes!

**   Chris   **
FYI - I'm not in Torrey at the moment but I hear it's snowing pretty heavily this morning...

Bring your warm clothes!

That is crazy. It is way too late in the year for long pants!

Should I bring chains for my GS too?

Bring your warm clothes!

It never snows during our Torrey.

99856121_XDpxs-L.jpg

Mrs. Caddis

The Colorado Mountains are predicted to get between 1' and 2' tonight, southern Wyoming possibly more!

Firefight911

I can't remember anything but great riding weather in Torrey ;)

Nor can I!!!!

99005143_TPefw-M.jpg

lawnchairboy

3 days to launch and a brutal cold... Damn the tissues and ibuprofen full speed ahead.

Oh no!! :cry:

Well for what it's worth, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Hoping it's just drainage due to the weird weather and extra mold spores floating around Nashville :P

Took extra Vitamin C and have been sucking down Zicam all afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed. :Cool:

Now what is this "snow" of which everyone speaks??? :eek:

barryNmarin

Well, with Torrey only a week away, it occurred to me that I'll have an extra bed in my room at the Chuckwagon from Thursday through Saturday nights. If anyone wants to share a room (#19) at the Chuckwagon and split the cost send me a PM.

Yes, and I don't remember the 4" of snow/ice that Fugu and I rode in as we crossed Bolder mountain year before last either.

Or the snow bank roadblock Whip took us to on the Fish Lake Loop.

We never have dicey weather at spring Torrey...never.

lawnchairboy

or the foot of snow in the road on a blind corner Richard and I encountered at Fish Lake...

VladtheImpaler

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

I am picking up my passport tomorrow so I should be ready for entry into USofA next week. In 60+ years of travel down south, this will be the first time I've needed a passport. It saddens me a little but not enough to stop me from departing for Torrey at 0 dark 30 next Thursday as part of an abbreviated Canadian contingent.

See Y'all soon.

Archived