IGNORED

BRR III

Matts_12GS

Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to miss this one. This working for a living is not all it is cracked up to be. :cry:

Lone_RT_rider
We're just happy to see that you're alive........I don't think I've seen a post from ya since the last BRR

Rainy and I have been checking in on him, making sure he is doing ok. I tried like heck to get him to come to this, but given the amount of layoff's that his company went through his is just damned lucky to still have a job. You can't fault him for doing the right thing here. There will be other events. :)

Shawn

You can't fault him for doing the right thing here. There will be other events. :)

Shawn

Fault him no... We can still drink a lot of beer and pick on him while he's not there. I say we organize a call to him one of the evenings and let him enjoy our presence!

Sorry you can't make it David, but we all understand!

Rainy and I have been checking in on him, making sure he is doing ok. I tried like heck to get him to come to this, but given the amount of layoff's that his company went through his is just damned lucky to still have a job. You can't fault him for doing the right thing here. There will be other events. :)

Shawn

Oh yeah.......totally understandable. The last thing ya wanna do right now is show the axeman that the world still spins when your not in the office. Head down......work work work. My whole lab shuts down when I take off......I strategically planned that I have the only key except the maintenance crew ;)

Hell, the only reason I can make it is that our company had company wide percentage pay reductions and as compensation they gave us all an extra 5 paid days off. I was saving my vacation days for my wedding/honeymoon in October, but now I figured I can also squeeze in the spring BRR and the UNrally.

I was saving my vacation days for my wedding/honeymoon in October, but now I figured I can also squeeze in the spring BRR and the UNrally.

Getting married, ehh?

Does Danielle know about this? :grin:

"beats me.....I hope she gets the memo"

Memo is so oldfashioned. Just send her a email... :rofl:

Bring her along and do a surprise thing with a notary in NC. That way, you get it over with more simply and then her big fairy tale thing becomes just a party and nothing stressful.

It worked for John...

Glenda wanted a simple wedding and so when they came to help us move into our first house a notary married them on the hearth the night we moved in.

That way, she got to have access to all the military benefits and stuff. A year later on their first anniversary John got all dolled up and they had the Cinderella wedding for all the family.

It was easy!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Getting married, ehh?

Does Danielle know about this? :grin:

beats me.....I hope she gets the memo

"There was a memo. Didja get the memo? I'll send you a copy..." :rofl:

In honor of the extended forecast for Maggie Valley, I'm going to go down and wash my bike today.

Sorry......I feel the need to screw with Murphy and his stupid little law

Lone_RT_rider
In honor of the extended forecast for Maggie Valley, I'm going to go down and wash my bike today.

Sorry......I feel the need to screw with Murphy and his stupid little law

No Beer for you! Two weeks! (insert Seinfeld soup nazi reference here)

Because of your superb planning, the weather has always been exceptional at the BRR events. The Gods obviously favor you.

Because of your superb planning, the weather has always been exceptional at the BRR events. The Gods obviously favor you.

And you sir, are a man of great wisdom...

I'll get you that $20 on Wed. :rofl:

Do I get twenty bucks if I show up?

Lone_RT_rider

We'll need the 20 in order to fill heart attack medication needed. :/

We'll need the 20 in order to fill heart attack medication needed. :/

See your doctor ASAP.

You never know.

Lone_RT_rider

Don't I FREAKIN WISH! I think my boss has forgotten that I took Thursday and Friday off. I think I will remind him by forwarding his approval email back to him from my Crackberry while guzzling a cold one at the Tiki hut on Wednesday night. :dopeslap::rofl:

Shawn

Nice n Easy Rider
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :grin:

I, (and 2 others) will be arriving Wednesday eve... :clap:

well, the weather forecast changes daily but so far it doesn't look too bad. Just a slight chance of showers on each end. :grin:

Wed Apr 22 Few Showers 58°/30° 30 %

Thu Apr 23 Sunny 66°/36° 0 %

Fri Apr 24 Mostly Sunny 73°/42° 10 %

Sat Apr 25 Partly Cloudy 72°/45° 10 %

Sun Apr 26 Few Showers 71°/42° 30 %

The weather will be what the weather will be.

I get my sunshine when I see that yellow thing shawn wears anyway :eek:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Are you forgetting all the Olympia AST's people were wearing last year, myself included??? :grin:

Are you forgetting all the Olympia AST's people were wearing last year, myself included??? :grin:

Yea, somehow Shawn still stands out in the crowd.

You Olympia ST guys need to form a biker gang to show those cruiser guys how it's done :rofl:

Paul Mihalka

"Yea, somehow Shawn still stands out in the crowd."

Could that be related to the square inches of visible surface? :grin:

"Yea, somehow Shawn still stands out in the crowd."

Could that be related to the square inches of visible surface? :grin:

ZING :rofl:

..........is it time to go yet?

Paul Mihalka
Anyone have the number for weight watchers? :P

I could get you the number, but watching it doesn't do a darn thing. Some times I watch it and see it grow! :dopeslap:

I was really hoping to make this one, but a surgery appt got moved up a few months ago and I won't make it. You all have fun!

Paul Mihalka

The bike is prepped (new rear tire), the bag liner has the stuff I need for 5 days, but I still have 2 work days ahead of me. grrrrrr...

Lone_RT_rider
The bike is prepped (new rear tire), the bag liner has the stuff I need for 5 days, but I still have 2 work days ahead of me. grrrrrr...

Anyone think Paul's a bit excited? :)

T-minus 47 hours to liftoff...... beeeeep beeeep

I think maybe so...

I know I am. I'm rolling from Jax about 1400 on Wed, hopefully I'll be in the bar hiding under Roger's tab by 9:30, accompanied by our mystery guest...

Brats are cooked and frozen for quick preparation on Friday, the buns and fixings are being handled by one of our favorite locals.

I'm sooooo ready for this!

Nice n Easy Rider

I'm sooooo ready for this!

+1 on that. Quinn and I will be rolling out of Durham Thursday AM. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to put a few faces with the names. :)

Paul Mihalka

"Brats are cooked and frozen for quick preparation on Friday, the buns and fixings are being handled by one of our favorite locals."

Thanks a lot guys and gals for doing this. BMWST shindigs are supposed to be UNorganized, but there is always a lot of work behind it. :clap:

I've been in and out, and now, (probably) back in for BRR III. My 87-year old father-in-law was hospitalized on April 5 with a bad case of pneumonia. Last week he was still on a ventilator, refusing to wake up, and I canceled my reservation at Maggie Valley Inn. However, on Thursday, he woke up, and they pulled the tube, and he's now out of ICU and breathing on his own.

After a negotiation with my wife, I'm planning to ride up Friday (barring an unexpected setback in the next 72 hours). If anybody has a room they want to share Friday and Saturday, PM me; otherwise, I'll improvise when I get there.

This will be my first BMW rally, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of the people in the flesh whom I have met, to date, only virtually.

Paul Mihalka
I've been in and out, and now, (probably) back in for BRR III. My 87-year old father-in-law was hospitalized on April 5 with a bad case of pneumonia. Last week he was still on a ventilator, refusing to wake up, and I canceled my reservation at Maggie Valley Inn. However, on Thursday, he woke up, and they pulled the tube, and he's now out of ICU and breathing on his own.

After a negotiation with my wife, I'm planning to ride up Friday (barring an unexpected setback in the next 72 hours). If anybody has a room they want to share Friday and Saturday, PM me; otherwise, I'll improvise when I get there.

This will be my first BMW rally, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of the people in the flesh whom I have met, to date, only virtually.

Looking forward to meet you, even if we don't share signatures anymore :grin:

I think maybe so...

I know I am. I'm rolling from Jax about 1400 on Wed, hopefully I'll be in the bar hiding under Roger's tab by 9:30, accompanied by our mystery guest...

I'll wait until 8:00pm to head to the bar. Want to have the tab warmed up when you and the GUEST get in. :thumbsup:

You are truly a beautiful human being.

Guest will be arriving mid afternoon, about the time I leave.

They're not being cryptic. Even they don't know what they're talkin' about. They're just as excited as children and make about as much sense.

But after a few at the bar we'll all be talking in "secure voice!"

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Lone_RT_rider
Tic Tic Tic I'm going to shoot that dam clock!!!

Alan, if you don't like the clock, just throw a blanket over the solar panel.... :/

Archived