IGNORED

BRR III

Matts_12GS

Lone_RT_rider

Tom, Sorry you can't make it. Hope to see you in the fall.

Gil, very very cool! Make sure to bring that GQ underwear model with you. He is the only one that still laughs at my jokes. ;)

Shawn

Make sure to bring that GQ underwear model with you. He is the only one that still laughs at my jokes. ;)

Shawn

Marty's always there, parked under the canopy, but I'm not sure he'll model for you this year :rofl:

Sorry Marty, I had to give shawn something to visualize, but I'm sure the tiki bartender will like it. :clap:

"Gil, very very cool! Make sure to bring that GQ underwear model with you. He is the only one that still laughs at my jokes."

Shawn, He left me for a faster rider.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about 4 weeks away, dinner plans are getting finalized and rooms still need to be reserved before they get released.

It's gonna be a great time!

Paul Mihalka

Paypal sent for dinner.

My travel plan: Wednesday leave mid-afternoon from work, ride to Wytheville VA (I81) for the night. Thursday slab it to Barber's Vintage Museum close to Birmingham AL, be there for lunch time, see the museum and installation, spend the night north of Birmingham (Attalla, I59). Friday nice roads to Maggie Valley, be there for Bratwurst. I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Paul,

PM me your route for thursday. I've never been to Barber's museum and would be fun to meet you there. If the route doesn't work, I'll meet you there for lunch.

Marty, I've got a great route from the AL border to Barber. Let me know if you want it. There is no good route from Atlanta, so I just slab it on 20 to AL.

There is no good route from Atlanta, so I just slab it on 20 to AL.

Don't be so sure :P

Yeah, but he needs to be at Barber by lunch time!

Zactly.

:/

Yea, it would take me about 3 weeks to cross the country :dopeslap:

So?

Leave the day before. :dopeslap:

So?

Leave the day before. :dopeslap:

That won't work, Dad has a really tight schedule:

Starbucks Marietta on the 21st, Sarbucks Buckhead on the 22nd, Etc :rofl:

Lone_RT_rider
That won't work, Dad has a really tight schedule:

Starbucks Marietta on the 21st, Sarbucks Buckhead on the 22nd, Etc :rofl:

Ouch! :eek:

That's going to leave a mark.... :dopeslap:

Folkdancer48

Where can I get details on how to sign up for the Saturday night dinner? The "Saturday Night Dinner" link on the BRR web page does not seem to be activated yet.

Nice n Easy Rider
Thanks, George! Hope to see you there.

You're welcome Dick. I'm planning on it. See you then. :thumbsup:

Hello everyone, just a quick reminder that the hotel is going to start charging for cancellations in a few days, and we're going to need a good head count for Friday and Saturday dinners.

Nice n Easy Rider
Hello everyone, just a quick reminder that the hotel is going to start charging for cancellations in a few days, and we're going to need a good head count for Friday and Saturday dinners.

I'm in for both. :)

Excellent George!

Please visit this thread if you haven't already done so to make sure dinner is taken care of.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, it's just under 3 weeks now! woo hoo!!!

Paul,

You should not only be "there" on the registration list but it seems to me we should all already be "there" (I mean physically in Maggie Valley), also. I think the clock is slow!

tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, ...

Georgi and I are going to have to bow out. :cry: We will be closing on our house right about that time and will need the vacation time to do something much less fun,like getting ready to move. Have a great time everyone!

Lone_RT_rider
tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, ...

Yep, it's getting close now!

REMINDER

We have less than a week until I need to have your Dinner payment in. The due date is again April 15th. Let's get that money in people, it's going to be a heck of a good time! :grin::clap:

Shawn

I love it!

It's just about 11 days till I head for the mountains. Who else is gonna be there on Wednesday?

I just checked the registration and I'm not either. I will be camping and coming in from the blueridge two wheel camping. I still want to experience everything because this is my first BRR. I'm quite excited about it. Kind of giddy.... like a little kid waiting for christmas morning. See ya there. I'll be the for the brat's and the Saturday noght dinner.

Ach! Work is piling up and it's starting to threaten my trip! Worked all day yesterday, will work some today, too. I must repeat this mantra ... There is no way I'm going to miss this trip! There is no way I'm going to miss this trip! There is ...

Have you checked the weather forecast lately. We haven't seen the words Brilliant Sunshine this April. Hope it holds. Everyone think positive thoughts. Good vibes.

I just checked the registration and I'm not either. I will be camping and coming in from the blueridge two wheel camping. I still want to experience everything because this is my first BRR. I'm quite excited about it. Kind of giddy.... like a little kid waiting for christmas morning. See ya there. I'll be the for the brat's and the Saturday noght dinner.

Come stay at the Inn... that's where the best part of the fun is! You'll be glad you did!

Lone_RT_rider
Have you checked the weather forecast lately. We haven't seen the words Brilliant Sunshine this April. Hope it holds. Everyone think positive thoughts. Good vibes.

Hey there Bob! :wave: I wouldn't worry too much about the weather until mid next week.

To the BRR group:

I guess it's time for another little tip on the weather in this area. As I have said before (Both Spring and Fall of 2008) the weather in the mountains is really, really unpredictable. If you check the weather the night before, you MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT be able to trust the weather for the next day. Last fall we were supposed to see some serious doom and gloom and we ended up with some pretty decent weather. If your checking the 10 day forcast and expecting that to be any representation of what the weather will be at that time, well..... you probably have just as good of a chance of hitting the lottery. If your playing, grab me a ticket while your at it. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Hey there Bob! :wave: I wouldn't worry too much about the weather until mid next week.

To the BRR group:

I guess it's time for another little tip on the weather in this area. As I have said before (Both Spring and Fall of 2008) the weather in the mountains is really, really unpredictable. If you check the weather the night before, you MIGHT, I repeat MIGHT be able to trust the weather for the next day. Last fall we were supposed to see some serious doom and gloom and we ended up with some pretty decent weather. If your checking the 10 day forcast and expecting that to be any representation of what the weather will be at that time, well..... you probably have just as good of a chance of hitting the lottery. If your playing, grab me a ticket while your at it. :thumbsup:

Shawn

It's also good to have rides in different directions. You might find the BRP is like riding in pea soup, but the lower elevations are fine. Also, most of the weather comes from the SW, so if a front is moving in, ride towards it and turn around when you hit the edge of it, you might just go all day.

Ach! Work is piling up and it's starting to threaten my trip! Worked all day yesterday, will work some today, too. I must repeat this mantra ... There is no way I'm going to miss this trip! There is no way I'm going to miss this trip! There is ...

Things like this only come around twice a year, you should be sick at least 3 days :cry:

Things like this only come around twice a year, you should be sick at least 3 days :cry:

Is that the Aerostitch flu?

You do look a little feverish Craig!

OK.....I'm done dragging my ass, and just got off the phone with the MVI.

OFFICIALLY IN!!

Rolling in sometime Thursday afternoon/evening.......hopefully a little drier than in the fall :grin:

Lone_RT_rider

Today is the last day to get the dinner payments in. I have 37 listed for dinner with 45 people shown registered on the BRR website. If you haven't registered yet, please take a second to do that as well. See you there!

Shawn

I love it!

It's just about 11 days till I head for the mountains. Who else is gonna be there on Wednesday?

I wish I was, however to quote James Taylor...I'm going to Carolina in my mind! Ya'll have fun.

I wish I was, however to quote James Taylor...I'm going to Carolina in my mind! Ya'll have fun.

Oh we will......and we'll make sure to take pics so we can rub it in a little ;)

Archived