IGNORED

BRR III

Matts_12GS

Talked with the wife today about it and she pulls up this"Thunder on the Mountain" at Maggie Valley inn April 24-26. After our last cruiser event I was politely told %%$#@$# *&^%$#. Hell, I just fell in with the boys and had a good time.

This may make finding reservations a little hard if I wait till the last minute.

Hope to convince her and get to meet everybody.

David

Not a problem. We overheard the staff one year say "a motorcycle party, and we don't have puke to clean up!" They love us!

Just stay away from Cherokee unless you have lots of patience.

Lone_RT_rider
Perhaps this is a silly question, but is this an event where many wifes attend? I.e would my wife be the only one?

My wife went, so I know at least one wife was there. :rofl: She had a blast and I got a new bike out of deal, she saw up there, thanks Shaun. :thumbsup: Which she claims is hers.................shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your welcome.... :)

IN!!!! :thumbsup::clap:

Matt,

Thanks for covering for me while I am over here getting my recommended yearly allowance of Chewy air..... :P:rofl:

Lone_RT_rider
I may day trip it. Just come up for Saturday dinner/conversations/libations.

You do, and I promise I will bring some of my Heffeweissen. :)

Lone_RT_rider
Is this the place you guys all trailer to and bring folding lawn chairs and tables????????????????

How many BRR's / El Paeso's have you been to? :eek:

Due to my job, it looks like I won't be arriving until mid-afternoon Thurs.

Isn't that when were supposed to be there? If not, I have to move up my travel time.

Due to my job, it looks like I won't be arriving until mid-afternoon Thurs.

Isn't that when were supposed to be there? If not, I have to move up my travel time.

It goes by so fast it never seems like enough! Actually, I was just responding because previously on the check-in/sign-up page I had posted I was coming in on Wed night.

Fightingpiper

Hopefully I will be in. I have a friend/future boss who is lives in Winston-Salem. I am planning on hitting the BRR the first weekend and head to his place the following week for planning of the pain management practice we are going to open.

Well, for the first time I can remember since joining up with this motley crew I'm going to miss a BRR/EP :(

I've committed to running a 1/2 Marathon on Saturday and I have a jury trial scheduled to begin on Monday.

Sorry folks. Will hope to see most of you at either the WV gathering or at Torrey in the Fall.

:wave:

Just a quick bump on this folks.

We're going to finalize the menu for dinner in the next couple weeks and then we'll start asking folks to prepay for dinner.

Anyone excited yet?

Yup! Hey, anyone have a room they need to share costs on? I havn't called for reservations yet but I know I'm going.....in fact, I'm already there.

Hey Shannon someone else in Nashville used that excuse last year. You folks from Nashville have to get more creative in the excuse department!

Well, for the first time I can remember since joining up with this motley crew I'm going to miss a BRR/EP :(

I've committed to running a 1/2 Marathon on Saturday and I have a jury trial scheduled to begin on Monday.

Sorry folks. Will hope to see most of you at either the WV gathering or at Torrey in the Fall.

:wave:

:(

I hope you get acquitted :grin:

Nice one!! Hee hee ... guess you'll have to wait to see what color I'm wearing when I see you again, eh?? ;)

Hey Shannon someone else in Nashville used that excuse last year. You folks from Nashville have to get more creative in the excuse department!

You're right Alan ... I'll get back to you when I figure something out :grin:

Is this your appeal?

Shannon, as a friend and non-attendee, I suggest you exercise your right to counsel and not answer that! :grin:

Is this your appeal?

Shannon, as a friend and non-attendee, I suggest you exercise your right to counsel and not answer that! :grin:

Shannon who???

Lone_RT_rider

Is this your appeal?

Shannon who???

Oh man.... thats going to leave a mark... :eek:

Guilty! But we're IN this year.

If we actually knew whether we'd be in Nashville or Birmingham by then, we might have done the marathon again, but honestly, I'd rather be riding...I miss you guys!

So pencil in Patterson x2

Due to budget and timing I will be missing my 1st spring BRR, I will however make up for it by taking a couple of days to wander over to the MOA in the summer. I hope everyone has a safe and happy time in Maggie Valley and I'll see some of you in Johnson City.

Hotel reserved and IN! Should be there on Friday Bratwurst time. I have to go and check out the Barber museum and track in Birmingham AL. I've seen the museum while it was still in a warehouse in town. My idea is to leave Wednesday afternoon from work and ride down I81 to Salem or Wytheville. Thursday ride to Barber's, should be there for lunch. Have all afternoon to look around. Spend the night north of Birmingham. Friday nice roads to Maggie Valley. All this God willing and the creeks don't rise...

Hi Paul. If you can, stay at the Cheaha State Lodge which is just east of Talladega. Very reasonable, has a resturant and for Alabama great views and roads. You can also camp there.

See you at Brats.

Bill

Hey Paul,

FYI - Might want to think about going to Barber the next weekend, May 1-3. The Honda Superbike Classic - AMA Superbike Championship, is occurring then. Went last year and had a great time. See the museum and races as well. The museum has a glass wall that looks out over the race track so you can watch the races as you tour the four levels of motocycles that they have on display. I don't think I'll be able to make the BRR, but I will probably go to Barber that weekend.

Just a bump to keep this on people's radar.

We're just about 70 days away!

It's time to start getting your spring "return to riding maintenance" done, order those parts and get ready to ride!

Lone_RT_rider
Just a bump to keep this on people's radar.

We're just about 70 days away!

It's time to start getting your spring "return to riding maintenance" done, order those parts and get ready to ride!

Just to add to this, since I am not traveling to China anytime soon (crosses fingers), I will be handling the dinner planning and registration for the wonderful Saturday night dinner that we normally have at the event. I usually wait until about 1 month before the monies have to be in before I put a post out there for this, so expect to see that somewhere in mid to late March. Until then, see you on the road!

Shawn

Hey, just another request to see if anyone needs a roomate for BRR? I'm shorter on funds than previous trips and need to find ways to cut the cost of the trip. I was going to leave S. Fla Wednesday morning for a two day ride up, arriving Thurs night. I was going to stay Thur,Fri and Sat nights. Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

Sorry for the sob story fellas, I normally spare no expense on trips but I have to watch this one.

What's your route?

We're about 400 miles from Ft. Myers and 450 to Maggie Valley, but not the most direct route.

We could probably get you a space for the first night of your trip up to BRR.

Maybe even garage for the RT, but right now my garage is imploded. :P

If I go, looking unlikely due to work, it wouldn't be until Friday night of early Sat. morning.

Is this your appeal?

Shannon who???

NO KIDDING!!! OUCH!! :eek:

Where's the LoVe Baby???? :grin:

Oh, and sorry Alan ... despite the Patterson's attendance, I really am committed to the 1/2 Marathon at this point ... my friend Martha (the other girl who summitted Mt. Whitney with our little group last July) is flying in to run it and staying with me, so there is just no way for me to make it this go around.

Next time! :wave:

Is this your appeal?

Shannon who???

NO KIDDING!!! OUCH!! :eek:

Oh, and sorry Alan ... despite the Patterson's attendance, I really am committed to the 1/2 Marathon at this point ... my friend Martha (the other girl who summitted Mt. Whitney with our little group last July) is flying in to run it and staying with me, so there is just no way for me to make it this go around.

Next time! :wave:

There's always Torrey in mid May. Y'all come on out here, you hear?

Lone_RT_rider

Don't worry Shannon, all of us are really gonna miss you. And, you will get the super thermonuclear power nuggie when we see you next. :grin:

.... my friend Martha (the other girl who summitted Mt. Whitney with our little group last July) is flying in to run it and staying with me, so there is just no way for me to make it this go around.

Bring her over on the back of your bike after the run, we can start all kinds of rumors. :eek::rofl:

Miss you! :dopeslap:

Shawn

Nice n Easy Rider

Hey everyone,

It's only two months away :clap::clap::clap: . I'm counting down the days and looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends from this board. :)

Georgi and I are in. Just made our reservations at the Maggie Valley Inn & Conf. Center. This will be our first BRR. We are planning to also ride over to the 'Busa Bash happening on the same weekend but closer to Deal's Gap to meet up with my daughter and son-in-law. Very much looking forward to the trip.

Just a reminder....

If you're coming, please make your reservations and let us know so we can help plan for dinner.

We're only 49 days away from beautiful riding in the Smokey Mountains!

Archived