IGNORED

BRR III

Matts_12GS

It's official, just 99 Days till the spring BRR! Join us the weekend of April 23-26 at the Maggie Valley Inn for springtime in the Smokey Mountains and bratwurst around the tiki bar!

Please make sure that you tell them you are with BMW Group when you reserve your room. You can register here:

Maggie Valley Inn & Conference Center

70 Soco Road (Hwy 19), Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Toll Free 866-926-0201 • Local 828-926-0201

Rates went up a little for 2009, but are still good for the area

Double (2 double beds): $79.30

King (1 King bed): $89.30

King Suite (1 King bed, 1 sofa sleeper) $99.30

King Deluxe (remodeled rooms) $109.30

Hot Tub Suite ($149.30) (2 rooms)

A 7 day cancellation will be required to receive a refund of the deposit, less a $10 processing fee.

Once you made a reservation please sign up here.

The plans are still for Beers and Brats on Friday evening and the group dinner on Saturday. Details on dinner and payments to come shortly.

Here are some photos and video from last Spring Hey ya'll watch this!

Let's Moto!

Matt might have a count from the last one to tell you specifically.

And of course every year is different, but wives, as of passengers and as riders have graced this event on many occassions. I believe the fall BRR was perhaps the largest turnout, I am thinking maybe 20% of the attendees were female riders.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but is this an event where many wifes attend? I.e would my wife be the only one?

My wife went, so I know at least one wife was there. :rofl: She had a blast and I got a new bike out of deal, she saw up there, thanks Shaun. :thumbsup: Which she claims is hers.................shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did not make the last one; will make this one. Reservations made at the Inn.

The Sat Dinner link was for the Oct dinner. Count me in.

Bill

My wife was at the last two, and may make this one too.

Tell your wife, they're working on having their ladies spa open at the hotel by the time we get there!

Perhaps this is a silly question, but is this an event where many wifes attend? I.e would my wife be the only one?

There were a bunch of us gals there last time and it was great fun!!! It's really a fantastic group of folks.

Cheryl

There were 10 El Paseo's and 2 previous BRR's.

My wife has been to 7, I believe.

Also 4 Cedar Key's, 1 Biketurkeyfest, 1 Beer, Brats, and Beemers, 1 Belt Sander Racing Day, 2 Tech Days, 2 Huckleberry's, and enjoyed every one of them.

Hope you can dance. :rofl:

Lets_Play_Two
Is this the place you guys all trailer to and bring folding lawn chairs and tables????????????????

I hear a collection is being taken to buy the group a BIG HONKIN' Motorhome!!

Is this the place you guys all trailer to and bring folding lawn chairs and tables????????????????

:rofl:

kettle-calling-pot_~TS1029.jpg

Beth and I have always ridden the beemer.

Joe Frickin' Friday

My RT only went on a trailer last fall because the nearest oilhead I could cannibalize parts from was 80 miles away (thanks again, Rainy! :wave:)

I brought a couple of folding chairs in '06, but it made the bike handle funny when running Deals Gap...

My RT only went on a trailer last fall because the nearest oilhead I could cannibalize parts from was 80 miles away (thanks again, Rainy! :wave:)

I brought a couple of folding chairs in '06, but it made the bike handle funny when running Deals Gap...

Mitch, if you had folded the chairs instead of riding with passengers in them on your saddlebags it would've handled better.

As it was, you did a great job.

I'll make ya great deal on a slightly used one.

:thumbsup:

I think I know where you could get a good one.

Sounds good to me. Prolly Inn. I have to check with SWMBO first. So, everyone gets there Thurs night and leaves Sunday? Trying to figure out which days I need off for travel time.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Sounds good to me. Prolly Inn. I have to check with SWMBO first. So, everyone gets there Thurs night and leaves Sunday? Trying to figure out which days I need off for travel time.

A few of us will show up on Wednesday night. Thursday night is a pretty good crowd, maybe half of total. Friday night is the first real official function (grilled brats), and that's when pretty much everyone will be there.

Your arrival day will depend on how many day rides you want to do.

We are in! Can't wait! Even if it weren't a great time I'm simply ready for warmer weather!

Just in case bring your warm undies. At a April El Paseo we had a snow storm :dopeslap:

You're right, of course, Paul. While the weather was great for BRR I & II ... I missed the year before with the snow (El Paseo IX it was I believe). Either way, I now have some heated gear anyway.

BTW Matt: I'm IN at the INN!

I'm thinking about coming down again, but I'm very concerned that TyTass will steal my lunch again! :rofl:

Let me check my bicycling schedule and if everything looks good, I'll be there.

Jim

OK, I'm moving from the probably inn to definetly IN! Anyone need a roomate to bring down the room cost? I'm headed up Wednesday and arriving Thursday evening sometime. Returning home Sunday.

I'm thinking about coming down again, but I'm very concerned that TyTass will steal my lunch again! :rofl:

Jim

Come on Jim, ya big sissy! There's Reubens enough for all! :wave:

Jim

Come on Jim, ya big sissy! There's Reubens enough for all! :wave:

And besides Jim,

If you don't come ... I'll be left with stealing someone else's Rueben ... and yours was so much more enjoyable to steal!

With friends like you and Matt.......

I'm going to try my best to be there. Even though I was hungry, I did enjoy the riding. :clap:

Jim

Talked with the wife today about it and she pulls up this"Thunder on the Mountain" at Maggie Valley inn April 24-26. After our last cruiser event I was politely told %%$#@$# *&^%$#. Hell, I just fell in with the boys and had a good time.

This may make finding reservations a little hard if I wait till the last minute.

Hope to convince her and get to meet everybody.

David

Marked it down on the calendar and on the BMW RofTB's Calendar, too.

I would like to go, just depends on how my finances are. Hmmmm, seems like a good time to go up to Murphy anyways :thumbsup:

Was a non-issue.

They hung out.

Went on one short, publicized ride.

You didn't know they were around unless you went "downtown" and saw the chaps and chrome.

What Tim said...

We shared the Tiki Bar area with them for a while, but mostly they sat around one of their trailers under it's awning while we imbibed.

We have the dining room mostly to ourselves, and the fact that those guys are there drinking in the lounge with us a) puts more money in the hotel and gives us a better reason to sit outside and enjoy the weather and b) makes us look better to the hotel staff when the bottles of "private stock" start flowing.

Additionally, many of the loud pipe crowd tend to act like teens when on the road which prompted the comment from the hotel staff last spring that "geez, nobody puked anywhere" from our group.

MRN indeed! :rofl:

I'm wearing my Harley shirt jic.

Bill

If you need one, I'll loan you one of my collection, I have about 2 dozen of them from everywhere from Sturgis to Dubai to Malaysia.

I've not been to any of those places, they were gifts. Just the same though...

Archived