IGNORED

Dec 5-6-7 Desert Ride Campout in ARIZONA

azkaisr

Now you are talking! If you are serious, I just might have to take you up on this offer. When are you leaving?

I don't have a maroon truck, but my 1996 F250 crew cab is white with A&M plates. 240k miles and running strong. Hopefully it will last at least until my 15 year old daughter learns to drive...

I'm ready to leave now........

When can you be ready???????

We can have a room ready for ya the night before and the head out in the mornin. :thumbsup:

It would be great if we could get started early Thursday mornin.

When can you be ready???????

I am ready to leave, I have all my stuff loaded in the truck and should be in San Antonio in about 2 and a half hours.

Ok, maybe that was a slight exaggeration.

We can have a room ready for ya the night before and the head out in the mornin.

Let me check with the powers that be. Only thing that could be an issue is if my family already has something planned that weekend to celebrate my reaching the half century mark.

Timmy

I am going out there Saturday morning with Glue. We are meeting at the normal spot by you at 0830 if you interested. I might even buy ya breakfast...if you don't ask you know what to the waitress

I'll try my best to be there. It is quite a distance, and you never know what the weather might be in December. But count me in for now, and save me a bit of floor space in Whip's RV for me and my air mattress, just in case. Wow, Roosevelt Lake. I hope I can get there before dark.

And by the way, Tommy, how much is a refill?

Timmy

I am going out there Saturday morning with Glue. We are meeting at the normal spot by you at 0830 if you interested. I might even buy ya breakfast...if you don't ask you know what to the waitress

So your riding Sat,,Were to ????Check out the camp ground ???

I asked, I was told that if I wanted to go and be gone for my birthday, we just wouldn't have a birthday party. I replied "WooHoo!"

Sign me up.

Yeah Tim

THIS SATURDAY and we are going to check out the campground. I figure we can eat in Globe, out by the lake or even Kearny if we go back that way, I am open amigo. Don't need to be back in town till afternoon.

Philly you were going to be welcome but you know what? Now you are only if you buy!

I asked, I was told that if I wanted to go and be gone for my birthday, we just wouldn't have a birthday party. I replied "WooHoo!"

Sign me up.

Sounds Great!!!!

I love contributing to the delinquency of a fellow Aggie.

:grin:

Dang it. I'm out. My Friday shift cover just fell through due to a knee injury/surgery. I might not even get to go to the training at all if another guy doesn't get cleared to return to work by the 1st (back injury). :(

Hey Phil, I'm really sorry for all the crap I gave you previously. You're right, this sucks MAJOR a$$. My MLK/DVD is looking sketchy right now as well. :/

I have finally surfaced.

I've looked at this from every angle, and as much as I want to be there with my new toy, I just can't pull this one off.

You'll just have to have fun watching someone else fall down in the dirt.

Yeah Tim

THIS SATURDAY and we are going to check out the campground. I figure we can eat in Globe, out by the lake or even Kearny if we go back that way, I am open amigo. Don't need to be back in town till afternoon.

Philly you were going to be welcome but you know what? Now you are only if you buy!

OK,,See ya at the Shell station at 8.30 sat,,,We could have B/fast at the Butcher hook,,,,???
I have finally surfaced.

I've looked at this from every angle, and as much as I want to be there with my new toy, I just can't pull this one off.

Who do I need to call amigo? If you can't I will see ya New Years I hope

I have finally surfaced.

Who do I need to call amigo? If you can't I will see ya New Years I hope

New Years for sure. :thumbsup:

Here is a few from my trip on Friday. Tom will chime in with today's results as well. I was unable to look at Frazier in detail because there were a hundred or so folks there having a pot-luck. The first one is of the entrance to Frazier.

417665132_MxuE3-L.jpg

The second one is of the restrooms and I think possibly a water source:

417665988_8dBqG-L.jpg

The third one is of the parking/tent area and the ramada at the far side:

417665916_mjGBw-L.jpg

This one is of the entrance to Grapevine. It is on a hill above the lake rather than on the lake like Frazier:

417663422_gUfcz-L.jpg

This next one is of one of the campsites, they have many campsites located on several loops:

417664164_bepbx-L.jpg

This last one is of the fire pit and ramadas at the group site at Grapevine:

417664198_rDEd8-L.jpg

I'll leave it to Tom to add some up-close pics of Frazier that I couldn't get.

Nice place! And it looks like just another $h!tty winter day in Arizona! :(

I'm still riding out Saturday afternoon . . . I'll just be stopping in PHX. :(

I will be trailering up my KLX and plan to arrive mid morning on Friday. I'll bring enough firewood for two nights of fire-pit fires I will also be bringing my large stand-up tent and will have space for a couple more folks if anyone needs a place to put their sleeping bag.

WRT food, are there any resturants close by? I didn't notice any but did not ride north of the visitor center. If no resturants close by, does this mean BBQ on the grills? Not a problem, just need to plan for it.

I will be trailering up my KLX and plan to arrive mid morning on Friday. I'll bring enough firewood for two nights of fire-pit fires I will also be bringing my large stand-up tent and will have space for a couple more folks if anyone needs a place to put their sleeping bag.

WRT food, are there any resturants close by? I didn't notice any but did not ride north of the visitor center. If no resturants close by, does this mean BBQ on the grills? Not a problem, just need to plan for it.

Mrs Whip is planning some great meals and I have room for a bunch of firewood and other junk so we should prolly talk soon.

I'm still waiting for Tom's pix????????????????????????

We are gonna need a head count for food and drinks pretty soon too.

.................sooooooo John...............RELAX!!!!!!

Everything is gonna be fine. Maybe you should see Limecreek's shrink...........

Learn to slow down......

Take your helmet off .............breathe the air.....

Sleep in...............

Smell the roses..........

Pull over and watch the sun rise............

Stay up....watch the news............

Say "Hi" to the full moon..............

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Your Therapist

Whip

Some Pictures

Unedited since Whip is driving me nuts! :dopeslap:

418222063_zySxe-M.jpg

The Ramada IT has 2 full BBQ's and a hook for a portable lantern

418225750_BCGAi-L.jpg

Water is available and I saw 3 spigots like this one

418222516_Z5j5f-M.jpg

Power is also available here

418221330_Qi7q7-M.jpg

There is even a light for those afraid of the dark

418231451_hXm6F-M.jpg

The view towards the lake

418224304_qhSfa-XL.jpg

The survey crew

418220883_KaZog-XL.jpg

Tim all happy about all the "JOKES" he will be telling around the fire

418241549_Yzwrc-XL.jpg

Bathrooms on site

418242364_cTFUZ-XL.jpg

Plenty of room for some more of you!

All in all this should turn into one grand weekend out there.

Kaisr

Gotta do the soccer mom thing that weekend...playoffs for my kid. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat. You guys have tons of fun and can't wait to see the pictures and hear the tales.......

That is one awesome fire pit!

Little small by Texas(Aggie) standards. Ours is about 10' diameter brick circle with a notch out of the bricks to wheel your wheel barrow in.

I liked the one pictured here, with the built in seats. Only problem would be the concrete would get hard and cold and the drunks would fall off when they took a late night siesta.

417664198_rDEd8-L.jpg

Also, sometimes you have to move your chairs back, like when the centerpole falls.

Little small by Texas(Aggie) standards. Ours is about 10' diameter brick circle with a notch out of the bricks to wheel your wheel barrow in.

We won't get into the aggie bonfire building credentials!!

Hook-em-horns

Sometimes, bigger isn't always better.

Sometimes, bigger isn't always better.

Son.....you ain't from around here.

....and I wouldn't talk about fires right now either if I were you.

:wave:

Sure wish you were gonna be there.

Whip

That place looks amazing! Running water and electricity.... not sure I'll call this a "campout" though :dopeslap:

I can hardly wait to hit the road!

--

Mikko

Everything is gonna be fine. Maybe you should see Limecreek's shrink...........

Learn to slow down......

Your Therapist

Whip

Wait a minute, you mean Limecreek has learned to slow down? Did this break through happen after he got back from Silver City?

Wait a minute, you mean Limecreek has learned to slow down? Did this break through happen after he got back from Silver City?

...There is no hope for Brother Lime.....he picked up his 2008 GT last week.

:dopeslap:

...There is no hope for Brother Lime.....he picked up his 2008 GT last week.

I think Mr. McKinley picked his up the week before. I guess he figured that was the best way to improve the suspension on the Adventure.

This isn't a dry county is it???

Did I leave out the part about the bar in the RV?????

:grin:

...bring that little silver challis.....I'll fill it.

Well, this is definitely not a dry state. There is plenty of booze to go around in this part of the woods. I will come up for a day ride and see if that GSA is worth a darn in the dirt. And the Mrs. may come too as the shower would be a big plus. Hairdryer, make up and salon available in that RV? The wine may be a draw to her as well..... :grin: So count me in as it will be my last ride in the U.S. for over a month!!!! :clap:

Well, as Whip says, we need to start to get ready to comence to begin to get a count. Here is an incomplete beginning:

Whip

Mrs. Whip

Killer

AZKaisr

AZKomet

Mrs. AZKomet

Philly

Chris O

Texas Chris

Tim (10over)

Johnlt

Mikko

I know I didn't get everyone so do a cut-and-paste of the latest list in a new post and add yourself and/or others you are aware of so we'll have a running complete total.

Nice place! And it looks like just another $h!tty winter day in Arizona! :(

I'm still riding out Saturday afternoon . . . I'll just be stopping in PHX. :(

For another 93 miles, you can join us for the bonfire, catch a little sleep and leave at 0-dark-30 to make your Sunday meeting!! You can do it Jamie. come on and don't wimp out on us!!!

Archived