Mrs. AZKomet

Philly

Chris O

Texas Chris

Tim (10over)

Johnlt

Mikko

Butters (Rich)

Darn Holiday committments messing with my options, but I will be up either Friday evening ( best case 2030 or so) or Saturday for sure.

I don't have much in the way of camping gear, but I can muster up a sleeping bag and a pillow (all I should need barring rain), some booze and would be glad to contribute in any other way. I'll check the board before I depart, so if there are any last minute needs or requests, I would be glad to accommodate. Please let me know if anything is needed. Also, I realize I prolly missed the roll call for food etc., so let me know if I need to bring along some additional brats, lunchmeat etc.

Coming up through Globe, any trick to finding the campground?

See you there!

A couple weeks ago when I did a pre-lim run, I found that 77 was closed during daylight hours between Winkelman and Globe so check for signs and alternate routes. Campground is easy to find. It's about a mile south of the visitor center at Roosevelt. If you come to the visitor center on the right (east), you've gone too far. The sign says "Horse Campground" but don't believe it.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

A couple weeks ago when I did a pre-lim run, I found that 77 was closed during daylight hours between Winkelman and Globe so check for signs and alternate routes. Campground is easy to find. It's about a mile south of the visitor center at Roosevelt. If you come to the visitor center on the right (east), you've gone too far. The sign says "Horse Campground" but don't believe it.

Thanks John!

"I prolly missed the roll call for food etc., so let me know if I need to bring along some additional brats, lunchmeat etc."

I bet Mrs Whip has ya covered.......

I love you too. You are the ultimate gracious hostess. :thumbsup:

And, after years of putting up with Larry, your place in heaven is secure.

BTW, ya'll are in for a treat at breakfast. (So says the guinea pig.)

OK we are cleared for the campground. Anyone can pick up the paperwork at the campground. Ask for Doris.

My money is on John LT being the first one there.

Tom

I'm packed with both bikes on the trailer and ready to go. I'll stop at the supermarket for some groceries and booooooooze along with ice on the way out in the morning. I should be there by around noon timeframe. I can't believe how much sh** I'm taking!! Gonna be a steller weekend! :grin:

Edd.....sorry but you need to stay behind and make sure Jan(Twisty) and Seth(smiller) don't surrender the entire country while I'm away.

My middle east politics and terrorism class will resume on Wednesday next week.

AZ here we come

:clap:

Edd.....sorry but you need to stay behind and make sure Jan(Twisty) and Seth(smiller) don't surrender the entire country while I'm away.

My middle east politics and terrorism class will resume on Wednesday next week.

AZ here we come

:clap:

It's okay, Whip--there's such balance in nature . . . . Assuming everyone shows up for work tomorrow morning like they're supposed to, I'm heading home and saddlin' up the buckboard and headin' my wagon EAST!!!!

I'll try to be there by dark, but I've still got to pack up the camping stuff in the morning when I get home.

I hope my customers let us sleep tonight or I'll be in trouble staying awake on the bike. I had a 22:15 call, a 23:25 call, a 00:30 call and a 02:30 call last night/this morning . . . and then couldn't get back to sleep! :dopeslap:

I hope I don't stay up all night tonight too excited to go to bed . . . like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa!!! :grin:

WoooooooooHoooooooooo!!!! :clap:

Took longer to pick-up Sharon's new GS than I expected (5 and a half hours is all). So now I'm leaving in the morning instead of today. Still hope to make dinner tomorrow. What time ya eating? My guess is that I'll pull in between 5 and 8 pm. Go ahead and eat without me, but save me one please.

Thanks,

Jan

Edit: Bullett's New Bike

This is the first time I've slept in a Walmart parking lot.

I like it.......a little noisey but having a security guard driving around ya all night has a certain appeal to it.

This is the first time I've slept in a Walmart parking lot.

I like it.......a little noisey but having a security guard driving around ya all night has a certain appeal to it.

And you can't beat the price at Camp Walton. :smirk: Of course, it is easy to spend more than a reasonable camping fee the next morning: Fresh donuts, coffee, motor oil, antifreeze, tie-down straps, axle grease, Hearos (help with the noise) ... I think we dropped a coupla C notes in Kingman, AZ on our trip to DV in '06. :grin:

I'm about to load Whip's dirt bike and Janet's 650GS into my truck, we'll be in Torrey tonight to pick up the trailer with the KLR and the CRF and at the campground late Friday afternoon. Have to leave Sunday after riding in order to be back in Logan by Monday evening, this work business sucks!

Just about ready to dump the clutch here.... (well, put it on "D" I guess)

And I do concur first with John, the amount of junk packed into the 4Runner IS beyond comprehension. And with Bob, yes work sucks.

See you all in 12 - 18 hours depending on if I want to take a nap tonight or not :-)

--

Mikko

I got sucked into work today as well and am still at the house. I am supposed to be in meetings till mid morning tomorrow but that may change and allow me to get out of town.

I am assuming the gang is out there

Well, this just sucks. I was hoping and trying to pull all the strings to be able to join in the festivities this weekend, but just couldn't make it happen.

Have fun and I hope to see you all in Beatty in January.

Archived