IGNORED

Dec 5-6-7 Desert Ride Campout in ARIZONA

azkaisr

Nice place! And it looks like just another $h!tty winter day in Arizona! :(

I'm still riding out Saturday afternoon . . . I'll just be stopping in PHX. :(

For another 93 miles, you can join us for the bonfire, catch a little sleep and leave at 0-dark-30 to make your Sunday meeting!!

You should come Jamie, John can wake you up for your early start!

He might even have some coffee left for you, though it's probably going to be bit cold by then already...

--

Mikko

Whip

Mrs. Whip

Killer

Janet

AZKaisr

Diane

AZKomet

Mrs. AZKomet

Philly

Chris O

Texas Chris

Tim (10over)

Johnlt

Mikko

Camile

Twisties

Maybe some guy from San Diego to make sure no one gets burned at the bonfire.

I'll bring my new RT! I just bought it from this guy on eBay in China:

picbar_02.jpg

I'm leaning on a guy at work who took one of my shifts for the training when the other guy hurt his back . . . to take the 5th as well. If that pans out I can come out Thursday as previously planned. But I'm not promising anything at this point--with the luck we're having and the hours we're working I'll be lucky not to get injured myself! :/

Whip

Mrs. Whip

Killer

Janet

AZKaisr

Diane

AZKomet

Mrs. AZKomet

Philly

Chris O

Texas Chris

Tim (10over)

Johnlt

Mikko

Camile

Twisties

Maybe some guy from San Diego to make sure no one gets burned at the bonfire.

I'll bring my new RT! I just bought it from this guy on eBay in China:

picbar_02.jpg

I'm leaning on a guy at work who took one of my shifts for the training when the other guy hurt his back . . . to take the 5th as well. If that pans out I can come out Thursday as previously planned. But I'm not promising anything at this point--with the luck we're having and the hours we're working I'll be lucky not to get injured myself! :/

Yeah, you need to be careful...

That parade duty can be brutal! :wave:

287177202_zeNED-L.jpg

Whip

Mrs. Whip

Killer

Janet

AZKaisr

Diane

AZKomet

Mrs. AZKomet

Philly

Chris O

Texas Chris

Tim (10over)

Johnlt

Mikko

Camile

Twisties

I guess I can assume I am "Texas Chris"?

I am actually signed up as MrR1150GS. But that seems out of date, since I no longer own that wonderful Mandarin Machine.

In a moment of stupidity, I changed my ADVrider name to Dirtrideroader. But that seems cumbersome. So Chris it is.

Well, actually ** Chris ** as Chris was already taken.

You know what they say, you can call me Ray or you can call me Jay, just don't call me late for dinner.

Mrs Whip has been workin on the menu.......

It looks like Vegetarians are in trouble.....

No tofu........

No cucumber sammy's either......

Watercress will be in short supply as well.......

It won't be long now.

:clap::clap::clap:

So you are saying if you are bringing wine, it should be red?

Speaking of fermented food stuff, is there anything the bar needs?

I will probably bring some beer. Not the light kind, unless specifically requested.

So you are saying if you are bringing wine, it should be red?

Speaking of fermented food stuff, is there anything the bar needs?

I will probably bring some beer. Not the light kind, unless specifically requested.

Mrs Whip prefers white wine...

The bar won't need anything........

I don't do beer soooooooooooo .....maybe the bar will need somethin....BYOBeer.

:thumbsup:

Mrs Whip has been workin on the menu.......

It looks like Vegetarians are in trouble.....

awwwwww, too bad

No tofu........

that's ok

No cucumber sammy's either......

Watercress will be in short supply as well.......

mmmmmmm, meat/potatoes

It won't be long now.

I'm thinking it'd be OK too if there will be a good supply of land critters vs. maybe not so much sea critters. :Cool:

"I'm thinking it'd be OK too if there will be a good supply of land critters vs. maybe not so much sea critters."

Goes without sayin......

If it swims or flies it ain't goin on the grill.

"I'm thinking it'd be OK too if there will be a good supply of land critters vs. maybe not so much sea critters."

Goes without sayin......

If it swims or flies it ain't goin on the grill.

14522672.SwimmingCow.jpg

dolphin-cow.jpg

I guess beef is out then, lamb sounds good.

It looks like the Texans will be there Thursday in time for dinner.

Anyone else???????

Is the group campground going to be available or would we have to move? I really don't feel like moving my tent once it's setup. You haven't told us what's for dinner yet. I think that would be important to know. :thumbsup:.

I tried looking it up, but didn't find the fee or the reservation/availability. I'm in if we can get it reserved for sure and the price is reasonable. Tommy??? Tommy where are you?

Jan

When I was there a week ago last Friday, the reservation agent at the visitor center had us "penciled in" but said she hadn't received any money yet so it wasn't firm. It was under Tom's name so I assume he has sent them a check/CC by now.

I just got the paperwork yesterday from them. I will work it out tomorrow. We should be good for Thursday on. Will advise more tomorrow

Thank you sir. I'll be there Thursday night.

I just got the paperwork yesterday from them. I will work it out tomorrow. We should be good for Thursday on. Will advise more tomorrow

Thanks Tom

If ya need anything call.

Jan, we will arrive sometime noonish on Friday, could you please wait until then with unloading the RT.

I'd like to be there to help.... :eek:

--

Mikko

Jan, we will arrive sometime noonish on Friday, could you please wait until then with unloading the RT.

I'd like to be there to help.... :eek:

--

Mikko

How does Camille put up with you? :grin:

I don't think the RT is coming... so far I haven't found a real solution to that problem. Maybe Killer will trailer it down for me and then I would need to figure out how to get it back. I'm just killing myself over all those twisty roads I'll be driving over IN MY TRUCK :mad:

I could deal with it if I knew I could head out the RT a few days later.

Anyone else???????

I guess we are leaving early!

You bet....about an hour after you get here Wednesday....

Anyone else???????

Well, the guy who had my shift on the 9th covered just told me that his back injury will keep him out at least until the end of the year . . . but I've still got the 5th and 7th covered, so . . . if I'm already out of town, they'll have to figure it out! :grin:

I'll be heading out on Thursday late morning and can easily make it by dinner time--after all it's only four and a half hours away! :)

Just let me know whether we're converging on Tommy's place or heading straight out to the campground. :Cool:

Anyone else???????

Well, the guy who had my shift on the 9th covered just told me that his back injury will keep him out at least until the end of the year . . . but I've still got the 5th and 7th covered, so . . . if I'm already out of town, they'll have to figure it out! :grin:

I'll be heading out on Thursday late morning and can easily make it by dinner time--after all it's only four and a half hours away! :)

Just let me know whether we're converging on Tommy's place or heading straight out to the campground. :Cool:

YeeeHaaaw!!!! :thumbsup:

You bet....about an hour after you get here Wednesday....

Ok, that makes more sense. That sounds a lot better than 4:00 a.m. to me.

Whip,

Ask Louise if she would like me to bring along a Colman stove for some extra burners. Not sure of the final body count yet but it may be 15 to 20 folks. I've got plenty of space so it wouldn't be any issue. Cheers,

john

(meant this to be a PM but hit the wrong button)

Whip,

Ask Louise if she would like me to bring along a Colman stove for some extra burners. Not sure of the final body count yet but it may be 15 to 20 folks. I've got plenty of space so it wouldn't be any issue. Cheers,

john

I will have a two burner Coleman and some camping cook gear. Also a single burner backpack stove. I don't want to be dependent on Whip's early awakening for my coffee in the morning... :grin:

Well, actually I'm planning on spending an extra week or two camping in AZ on my own, so I'll have all my stuff.

Louise has two portable ovens she's bringin. She's preparing food as we speak for Thanksgiving and the camping trip.

It's amazing to me.........

She can pack for a month on a bike no problem.

We go to Colorado for a weekend in the Suburban....I can't see out the back window.

Now she is gonna fill the 40 foot motorhome and the trailer to it limits for a weekend in AZ.

:dopeslap:

If she wasn't so pretty, smart, and lovable.............

Anyone else???????

No can do Thursday PM...Teaching a class on serial killers and mass murderers. Fri/Sat is booked as well. Sunday AM I can run up. Unless the RV will be pulling out early?

Anyone else???????

No can do Thursday PM...Teaching a class on serial killers and mass murderers. Fri/Sat is booked as well. Sunday AM I can run up. Unless the RV will be pulling out early?

The RV ain't leavin till Monday mornin.......please come by.

Anyone else???????

The RV ain't leavin till Monday mornin.......please come by.

Hello Happy Campers!!!!

-You may want to bring a lawn chair, to sit around the camp fire.

-If your planning on showering in the RV, please bring a towel.

-We could use a couple of large coolers for bottled water, beer, etc...

Thanks!!!

Louise

Whip,

john

Hi John,

Bring what ever you think we might need. It would not hurt to have extra burners. I will setup coffee makers outside the RV on tables. We have outside plugs.

Louise

Louise

In a meeting when you called. Best bet on lunch would be sandwich meat I am thinking. There are places to eat in the area but we may not be near them at lunch time

Tom

Hello Happy Campers!!!!

-You may want to bring a lawn chair, to sit around the camp fire.

-If your planning on showering in the RV, please bring a towel.

-We could use a couple of large coolers for bottled water, beer, etc...

Thanks!!!

Louise

Welcome to board, newbie! :clap::thumbsup:

Jan

Louise,

I will be riding with you to Arizona. Will we have room to haul a large cooler? I have a 100+ quart igloo I could bring. I can bring it loaded with water, or I can load my stuff in it and we can buy water and ice in AZ.

Look forward to meeting you,

Chris

Archived