IGNORED

Big Bend Bash replacing Hill Country Spring Fling: a poll

johnlt

Location preference  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As result of the high probability of police harassment from some of the brothers grin.gif my wife has asked me to put the front license plate on her Miata that she will be driving.. bncry.gif I sure hope none of you guys mention anything to her about how butt ugly it looks... lmao.giflmao.gif

As result of the high probability of police harassment from some of the brothers grin.gif my wife has asked me to put the front license plate on her Miata that she will be driving.. bncry.gif I sure hope none of you guys mention anything to her about how butt ugly it looks... lmao.giflmao.gif

Yeah, they don't look that great with the front plate.

I've had a couple, and they are really fun cars. It is the car that comes closest to a motorcycle.

Yeah, they don't look that great with the front plate.

I've had a couple, and they are really fun cars. It is the car that comes closest to a motorcycle.

She calls the RT my motorcycle and the Miata her motorcycle.. smirk.gif

When will this event happen?

I'll be on SB from the 10 to the 15th of March.

I was planning to go to Big Bend. Anybody heading down there?

Anywhere else?

Cheers,

2LT Alberto L. Bonfiglio 3.5VM

US Army Veterinary Corps

Texas A&M University

College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences

College Station, TX 77843-4461

(979) 204-3824

"I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade." - The Soldier's Ethos

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W. Bush — Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

It looks like the Lawman, AV8R, and I will be leavin out the West side of San Antonio around 7am Friday mornin. We ain't in any hurry. A few Hill Country roads and Judge Roy Beans are on the list. Should get there before dinner.

Anyone wish to jump in along the way is welcome.

Whip

I'll be heading that way on monday.

Could you please suggest an itinerary from San Antonio to BB?

Thanx,

Cheers,

2LT Alberto L. Bonfiglio 3.5VM

US Army Veterinary Corps

Texas A&M University

College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences

College Station, TX 77843-4461

(979) 204-3824

"I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade." - The Soldier's Ethos

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W. Bush — Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

We are gonna do most of our travelin on 90.......maybe take a short detour over to Brackettville and see the ruined Alamo.

Spend some time at the Judges......go by the Gage Hotel in Marathon. We will prolly look for reasons to stop and smell the sage brush......and God help us if a "Hottie" asks the Lawman for a ride on his bike.

grin.gif

I'll be heading that way on monday.

Could you please suggest an itinerary from San Antonio to BB?

If you have the time, a great route would include a visit to the Twisted Sisters, a series of very twisty roads west of SA.

Here is a route that would be a blast to ride:

Hwy 16 from SA to Bandera to Medina. Take FM 337 to Leakey. FM 336 north from Leakey to Hwy 41. West on 41 to FM 335 south to Hwy 55. Hwy 55 south to FM 334 west to Brackettville where you can pick up US 90.

......and God help us if a "Hottie" asks the Lawman for a ride on his bike.

grin.gif

Not only could it happen, but it probably will..... lurker.gif

grin.gif

I think she is already waiting for you by the side of the road.

grin.gif

My hunch is that pretty lady could teach this old dog a few new tricks.. eek.gifthumbsup.gif

grin.gif

My hunch is that pretty lady could teach this old dog a few new tricks.. eek.gifthumbsup.gif

HEY GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SKY MR!

We have a manifesto to write!

Der Kaisrzar

russell_bynum

It's gettin' close. smile.gif

The Tuono's got new tires ("tars", for the Native Texans) oil (all), filter, and I even done gone and scrubbed the crud off the chain so it sparkles like a Rangerette's smile at halftime. grin.gif

I also installed the new Blingtastic Evolozione (I think that's Italian for "get out your credit card" eek.gif) clutch slave cylinder in the hopes that I'll actually be able to complete a weekend's worth of riding with the clutch still working properly and the clutch hydraulic fluid still looking honey-colored instead of Dr Pepper-colored. dopeslap.gif

ROAD TRIP!

I'm getting ready to get on the road myself. Spring Break starts at 3:30 thisafternoon! thumbsup.gif

I was wondering when everyone is planning to head out, arrive, and when you'll be departing Alpine.

Some of our participants have some real traveling to do before you get there, but only 600 miles for me. Here is my schedule:

Head out: Thursday 5:00 AM

Arrive: Thursday 5:00 PM (mas o menos)

Depart: Sunday sometime after breakfast

Looking forward to seeing everybody. wave.gif

[quote

HEY GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SKY MR!

We have a manifesto to write!

Der Kaisrzar

Not to worry Tom...This may be a pleasure weekend for most but it's a working trip for us. thumbsup.gif

We're fixin up the guest rooms....(for Thursday night arrivals)

Changin tires on the T.

Thinkin up some good excuses for not showin up for work.

It must be about time.

What time is it????????????????????????????

BIG BEND TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Whip

PhillyFlash

If your boss doesn't like it, tell him you quit. Oh, wait, that's right....nevermind. dopeslap.gif

ericfoerster

Right down the road and it looks as if I can't make the trip bncry.gif

Right in the middle of a move and budget review. WHY WHY WHY

I'm still waiting to cancel my room just in case the weekend opens up enough to jet down for the day.

Where did I put that karma?

russell_bynum
We're fixin up the guest rooms....(for Thursday night arrivals)

Changin tires on the T.

It must be about time.

What time is it????????????????????????????

BIG BEND TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Whip

The Tuono's all ready to go. I did a quick 140 mile loop today though the wine country and up Palomar Mountain for a shakedown ride. the clutch feels considerably better. And even more important...it felt the same at the end of the ride that it did at the start. clap.gif

"Changin tires on the T."

(Great, make that puppy even faster! Well, I guess I see you at the end of the ride!)

"Thinkin up some good excuses for not showin up for work."

(Already on Spring Break, so no excuses needed this time.)

It must be about time.

(I'm ready!!)

What a bummer, Eric. Hope you find time to sneak away.

Glad your clutch is up for the ride, Russell. Now I get to find out what it is like to eat the dust of two Tuonos! eek.gif

Now I get to find out what it is like to eat the dust of two Tuonos! eek.gif

Or you can ride with me and know that their dust will have long since settled.. smirk.gif

John, Take me and Rose Ann off the list. Will attending an uncles funeral in Amarillo friday. Gonna miss it The weather looks like it's going be just about perfect. Just gave up my room at the Alpine Inn if anybody is looking. frown.gif

Roland

Bad news...................

Gonna bring the FJR instead. Mrs Whip's ride to BB is comin back on Sunday and she wants to stay till Monday. I don't think I can get her to ride 400 miles on the Tuono.

See ya'll soon.

Whip

Gonna bring the FJR instead. Mrs Whip's ride to BB is comin back on Sunday and she wants to stay till Monday. I don't think I can get her to ride 400 miles on the Tuono.

See ya'll soon.

Whip

So this means I am riding the FJR Saturday I guess

Well, we've dropped off a few. The list is now:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

Silvereagle

EricTheAwful

ADIFW

Gee, wish I had the problem of which bike to bring. smirk.gif

On my way at 12:00pm today. See you all Thursday. thumbsup.gif

Ride safe, have fun. See you soon! wave.gif

Gee, wish I had the problem of which bike to bring. smirk.gif

On my way at 12:00pm today. See you all Thursday. thumbsup.gif

Or sooner??????????????????

Rocket_Cowboy

I've got to drop to a tentative myself. I'm wanting/needing to make it out there, but have about three things conspiring against me at this moment. I might make it, even if only for Saturday night ... will update as I know more.

I've got to drop to a tentative myself. I'm wanting/needing to make it out there, but have about three things conspiring against me at this moment. I might make it, even if only for Saturday night ... will update as I know more.

Unless you bring Cass......don't bother!!!!!!!!!

grin.gif

32.gif

Big wind advisory for the area Friday folks so be careful. Looks like it will be a tail wind for us coming from the WNW but Friday night they are calling for 60mph gusts. I haven't seen that symbol before on Accuweather.

russell_bynum
32.gif

Big wind advisory for the area Friday folks so be careful. Looks like it will be a tail wind for us coming from the WNW but Friday night they are calling for 60mph gusts. I haven't seen that symbol before on Accuweather.

620 miles on an unfaired bike that weighs about the same as the camera gear that you'll be carrying, and we'll have 60mph winds.

They say Napoleon wore a red vest in battle so his troops would not know if he was wounded.

The same logic explains why I'll be wearing brown pants on Friday.

eek.gif

...620 miles on an unfaired bike that weighs about the same as the camera gear that you'll be carrying, and we'll have 60mph winds...

A 620 mile trip on a Tuono?? Come on Russell, how uncomfortable can you really get on a 5½ ride? grin.gif

PhillyFlash
32.gif

Gas mileage should be outstanding.

russell_bynum
...620 miles on an unfaired bike that weighs about the same as the camera gear that you'll be carrying, and we'll have 60mph winds...

A 620 mile trip on a Tuono?? Come on Russell, how uncomfortable can you really get on a 5½ ride? grin.gif

thumbsup.gif

I'll be pulling out of Tucson a O-dark-30 and expect to arrive in Alpine in late afternoon. Will probably do the Davis mountains enroute. If I see any of ya'll, I'll be on channel 2 GMRS. See you tomorrow,

john

I'll be pulling out of Tucson a O-dark-30 and expect to arrive in Alpine in late afternoon. Will probably do the Davis mountains enroute. If I see any of ya'll, I'll be on channel 2 GMRS. See you tomorrow,

john

I'll be taking off when I get up (probably about 03:00) coming from the opposite direction. See you tomorrow, and thanks again for spearheading this gathering. thumbsup.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

grin.gif

Doh ... guess I'm out then. Cass already has other plans to be in Arkansas this weekend. Since ya'll just use me to get to her .... tongue.gif

grin.gif

Doh ... guess I'm out then. Cass already has other plans to be in Arkansas this weekend. Since ya'll just use me to get to her .... tongue.gif

You should be use to it by now..................

See ya'll soon.

Whip

So this means I am riding the FJR Saturday I guess

You don't wanna do that......after spendin all that money on kool-aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whip

On the way out the door. Ready to dodge deer, feral hogs, and other night creatures, at least for the next several hours.

See you in Alpine. wave.gif

weather checked, bike packed, coffee is gone

DFW group leaving in a few,

picking up a pair along the way.

ETA alpine: possibly tonight but, likely tomorrow AM.

have a great ride everyone...

Archived