IGNORED

Big Bend Bash replacing Hill Country Spring Fling: a poll

johnlt

Location preference  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like it Whip, got him added:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

Silvereagle

Okie_Roadrunner

tRAILERbONE

Ridin' the River Road in Big Bend area is certainly right up there in fun roads. The sights aren't bad either. The Rio Grande is in front and Mexico is on the left.

Highpoint_RiverRoad.jpg

Interesting pic. I would have liked to make the Hill or TX ride but

that is way early for me, plus March break would be a killer on the highways to get down there. Ah well some other time.

Caution on Big Bend. I rode it last year and was caught several times on,

over the hill, down hill, off camber bends in the road.

Add some sand and well you get the picture.

149459561_ZDqC2-M.jpg

BiG Bend, Great Ride, be safe and have FUN

Sorry we won't be there this year bncry.gif but Deb and I hope to see y'all next Spring at the THC ride or some other Texas Motysickle Yeehahh!!

Oh! And someone please don't forget to add the Davis Mountain Loop to your itinerary. clap.gifclap.gif

Better move me back to the maybe list. Looks as though life may get in the way of this event.

I'm going to keep my room until the last minute in case things work out.

Still like to know when this event takes place ???

Most will be arriving on Thursday the 13th of March or Friday the 14th of March and departing either Sunday the 16th or Monday the 17th of March.

russell_bynum
Better move me back to the maybe list. Looks as though life may get in the way of this event.

I'm going to keep my room until the last minute in case things work out.

WTF??? Don't make me come over there and tase you.

We plan to be in Ft Davis on the Afternoon of the 13th , hope to see all of you on the road , the COG (concours owners group) will be there that weekend as well

Randy

WTF??? Don't make me come over there and tase you.

Russell, right now that may be what I need grin.gif Compared with other things a good tasing may provide a boost to the day.

Room for one more Eric?

I sure hope so, because if not, my wife will have me using this time off for more work on the house.... SAVE ME!!

Always plenty of room. Bring it on.

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster (maybe)

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

Silvereagle

Okie_Roadrunner

tRAILERbONE

EricTheAwful

Is anyone from the East attending this Bash?

I can leave Tuesday or Wednesday and need to make a short stop in Longview on the way out.

tRAILERbONE will have to pass..unfortunately...Moose's birthday is Friday March 14th -- and I've got a thingie to do for "Faith In Action" (*working locally for the under-privledged - a "Habitat for Humanity" deal*) on Sunday the 16th.

So, would love to hit the scene - but I've gotta pass...dang it..!

Have fun - post loads o' pictures - and play well together.. grin.gif

Is anyone from the East attending this Bash?

I can leave Tuesday or Wednesday and need to make a short stop in Longview on the way out.

After Longview your welcome to meet up with us(Lawman) in San Antone Thursday night and then head out in the mornin.

Whip

russell_bynum

That's it. Now I'm pissed.

Bad Bone...no beer for you!

Get yer priorities straight. The under-privileged are used to being under-privileged. We're not. If you disappoint them, that's not big deal because they're used to it. If you disappoint us, that's a big let-down. It will really impact us.

Come on man, think about the consequences of your actions.

thumbsup.gif

Hey Whip,

Nice, thanks for the offer. I'm still in the planning and trying to get my brother to come along. He's in Jacksonville, Fl.

I have reserved a room at the Alpine Inn for Friday and Sat.

Thanks,

Bob Collins

Hey Whip,

Nice, thanks for the offer. I'm still in the planning and trying to get my brother to come along. He's in Jacksonville, Fl.

I have reserved a room at the Alpine Inn for Friday and Sat.

Thanks,

Bob Collins

Hey Bob, I'm heading out either late afternoon on Tuesday or 0 dark 30 Wednesday morning. As the time gets closer we might be able to do something. Keep in touch.

I'm looking for folks who will be on GSs that would like to do a Big Bend dirt route on Saturday. I have one plotted out (see attached)and it comes to 293 miles with about 60 or so of it on the dirt. I checked with the national park ranger station and they said those segments of dirt roads were in good shape so I don't think they will be too technical. I need one or two other to go with me otherwise, I'll do a different route. I don't recommend anyone doing this solo including myself. Take a look at the mapsoure route and let me know if you think you'd like to come along. It is 293 miles including a jaunt up to Chisos Mountain lodge (paved) toward the end so if we're running late, we can cut that off and save 25 miles.

1001554-BBGS293.gdb

Ok folks, 13 days and counting. Now I expect the flurry of posts on "what do I do about my tires, they are only half worn". I went through the same thing last year and I think the consensus is "don't chance it". It's not worth it to have a tire problem and it certainly is not worth the "worry" caused by continually thinking about it. If there is any question at all, put new ones on. MO

Ok folks, 13 days and counting. Now I expect the flurry of posts on "what do I do about my tires, they are only half worn". I went through the same thing last year and I think the consensus is "don't chance it". It's not worth it to have a tire problem and it certainly is not worth the "worry" caused by continually thinking about it. If there is any question at all, put new ones on. MO

Which is exactly what I just did...Sure hate throwing away good tires though... bncry.gif

If I need new ones I'm just going to stop at Sanderson BMW. grin.gif

russell_bynum

The Tuono has a new set of Pilot Powers waiting in the garage. The old set has 4 CBR600RR track days, and about 2500 Tuono miles on them and aren't really showing much wear, but I don't want to chance it. These will come off and be waiting for me when I wear this new set out.

We'll also do an oil change, clean and lube the chain, do a once-over. I may even bleed the rear brake if I'm feeling like participating in an exercise in futility. smile.gif

The Tuono has a new set of Pilot Powers waiting in the garage. The old set has 4 CBR600RR track days, and about 2500 Tuono miles on them and aren't really showing much wear, but I don't want to chance it. These will come off and be waiting for me when I wear this new set out.

Good idea. It's a long ways to Grand Junction. grin.gif

russell_bynum

Right you are.

Of course...this time if I have any problems, we can just put the Tuono in one of your sidecases and I'll ride "bitch" back to Scottsdale. grin.gif

Right you are.

Of course...this time if I have any problems, we can just put the Tuono in one of your sidecases and I'll ride "bitch" back to Scottsdale. grin.gif

lmao.gif

Of course...this time if I have any problems, we can just put the Tuono in one of your sidecases and I'll ride "bitch" back to Scottsdale.

Save room in the other side case.....there's gonna be two Tuonos is Alpine.

thumbsup.gif

BTW.....I'll just walk.

Of course...this time if I have any problems, we can just put the Tuono in one of your sidecases and I'll ride "bitch" back to Scottsdale.

thumbsup.gif

BTW.....I'll just walk.

There goes any small chance I had of keeping up with Whip. frown.gif

(I was going to pull a couple of plug wires on the FJR and hope that would be enough.)

russell_bynum

thumbsup.gif

BTW.....I'll just walk.

HAHAHA! Sweet!

Okie_Roadrunner

Please take me off the list I need to cancel. I forgot that my wife's birthday is on the 14th and man needs to do what he needs to do. I hate when that happens!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifEveryone have fun......... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Catch you next year Vance. New list:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster (maybe)

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

Silvereagle

EricTheAwful

Better add 1 more...

Its looking more and more like I'm IN...clap.gif

Can't wait... I NEED the extended/distance ride.

cheers

Better add 1 more...

Its looking more and more like I'm IN...clap.gif

Can't wait... I NEED the extended/distance ride.

cheers

thumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

I am planning on leaving EARLY Friday Morning and maybe from Tucson. Still need to be back home Sunday night

Kaisr

I am planning on leaving EARLY Friday Morning and maybe from Tucson. Still need to be back home Sunday night

Kaisr

Home Sunday night?????????????????????????????????????

I thought you were gonna sing Kumbaya while I played the bongos...........

Now I'm gonna have to get someone from the B team........

bncry.gif

Kaisr

Home Sunday night?????????????????????????????????????

I thought you were gonna sing Kumbaya while I played the bongos...........

Now I'm gonna have to get someone from the B team........

bncry.gif

Pick me ! Pick me! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

I've got new shoes being mounted this week, new battery, new FD oil, and everything being checked out to make sure Whip didn't try to sabotage my ride. (just kidding)

Whip ... for the record ... I've already thrown you under the bus with Cass. I found out yesterday that there will be a new Aprilia dealership up here in Plano very shortly. I informed her YOU were the reason there would soon be a Tuono in the garage ... but not in time for Big Bend.

ericfoerster

Even our troopers are being sent for a tour in the region.

Looks like the V1's will be getting a workout grin.gif

Good thing I ride slow.

Whoa there smoky...

Came across this heads up regarding the big bend area ....

just thought it would be worth sharing...

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25416

Well ADIFW, I just can't, for the life of me, imagine why you'd think this would be a concern for any of the fine, law-abiding participants. I certainly hope, sir, that you are not in anyway implying that ANY of the attendees would even CONSIDER disregarding the posted speed limits.

ericfoerster

The Fifth Amendment protects witnesses from being forced to incriminate themselves. To "plead the Fifth" is a refusal to answer a question because the response could form self incriminating evidence.

I am just saying lurker.gif

PhillyFlash

Don't forget, Eric, I rode behind you on the way back from Torrey "at the speed limit." If you go to Big Bend you could lead all of us. If we get stopped, just tell them you have taken all of us into custody, and you're leading all of us back to town as quickly as possible for processing. thumbsup.gif

Whoa there smoky...

Came across this heads up regarding the big bend area ....

just thought it would be worth sharing...

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25416

I got a little information about this situation this morning from a friend who is a state trooper.

The program is called Operation Border Star and it is funded by a grant from Homeland security. According to my source, they'll stop anyone, even for one mile over. The stop allows them the opportunity to check for those who might be in the country for nefarious reasons like terrorism, drugs, etc. The program is set to be in place for at least 6 months and possibly as long as two years. It targets the border counties and obviously includes the Del Rio and Eagle Pass areas. According to my source, while you may be stopped for a few miles over, you may well get off with a warning. This is due in part to the fact that the many of the troopers are from other areas of the state and would not want to have to return to program area for court appearances. That, and the fact that the reason for many stops will not be soli for the speed. While my source didn't say so, I would assume that there must be some sort of profiling involved in the stops. I wouldn't guess a pipe and slippers (cigar and slippers? eek.gif) guy on a BMW (or Tuono) is your typical terrorist or drug runner. So while they might stop someone for one mile over, I can't image that it would be practical to stop everyone going one over. They'd be stopping almost everyone along US 90, US 277, and US 83.

Archived