IGNORED

Big Bend Bash replacing Hill Country Spring Fling: a poll

johnlt

Location preference  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anybody need a roomie? I have a semi kitchen pass, and might be able to slip away. Anyone know if there's room at the Inn?

ericfoerster

I just received a teletype here at the station that the forecast for West Texas tomorrow is showing sustained 60-80 mph winds. They are also calling for 100 mph straight line winds. It looks pretty serious from the tone of the teletype.

Red Flag warnings here in central TX and forecasted temps in the middle to upper 90's.

Sheesh rain last year and high winds this year. crazy.gif

I can handle 30-40 all day, but that sounds a little rough.

Eric, are you still thinking about making a run on Saturday? I could get an early start and meet you in Odessa or Monahans.

ericfoerster

Darrell, I'd sure love to go but I'm in the middle of a move. I was really thinking I'd have everything over to the other house by now, but no such luck.

Looks like I am out...again dopeslap.gif

I am making the final call late tonight if I am going to wave off the trip. I am still only about 90% back and with the winds being that goofy, and my having to be back Sunday, I may just pass this one up though I really want to go. The route from Deming to Alpine will be one wind storm tomorrow.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Hello from Alpine. The Dallas area group just pulled into town, but we haven't met up yet. Roger, John and I have been here for a while. No wind right now. We haven't heard anything about the weather outlook, but we haven't checked it out yet. Going to meet up with the North Texas group in a few minutes. Now I need to check the weather, thanks for the heads up.

Just checked weatherunderground, no mention of any wind problems. Yahoo weather mentioned 25-30 with gust possible to 58.

ericfoerster

Hot off the NWS:

Friday: Areas of blowing dust. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Windy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to between 40 and 45 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph.

Ok, you scared me off of coming down today. I think I'm still going to try and take off early Saturday morning. It's about 5 or so hours from here. I should get to Alpine about lunchtime. I called the Alpine Inn and they still have some rooms.

I think I'll come in the Pecos-Ft. Davis route.

We just got back from a great ride to Big Bend. The morning and early afternoon was fantastic as was lunch at the Chisos Basin. We did encounter strong side winds on the ride back to Alpine, but nothing terrible. The wind is supposed to die down and not be as strong tomorrow. Don't let the wind stop you. We are having a great time.

See you sometime early afternoon, unless I see you up around Ft. Davis before. I have a room at the Alpine Inn. RallyTime!

If anyone needs me to bring anything down, I think Whip has my cell number, text or call me.

Archived