IGNORED

Big Bend Bash replacing Hill Country Spring Fling: a poll

johnlt

Location preference  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Updated list of attendees:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Rogera

Mike05

Fossil

Eddd

EricFoerster

Gary Johnson (not sure of board name)

Lawman’s Goldwing friend

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Fossil’s Goldwing friend

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

Looks like we've got a party clap.gif

John

Doesn't matter to me but you've got me down twice. I do have letters now that certify I have resolved my multiple personality disorder so my other self will not coming. Also (big favor) if you would please put Rose Ann in for Fossil's Goldwing friend. I don't want her to be thinking about me while she's cleaning her Kimber Ultra .45. Thanks, RD eek.gif

Corrected as requested;

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Rogera

Mike05

Eddd

EricFoerster

Gary Johnson (not sure of board name)

Lawman’s Goldwing friend

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

And one more update:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

Eddd

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

I wish I could join you John, but my niece is getting married in OKC that weekend. Thank you for getting something going to replace the Hill Country Ride! thumbsup.gif

Best take that head count down by one. Not sure when I'll be riding again due to shoulder surgery. Can't remember which I voted for, probably either.

Sorry to hear that, Dawn. Hope your recovery is a speedy one.

Hmmm. azkaisr. ericfoerster. chrisolson. whip. WHIP!?! Well shoot, if Whip's going how could I possibly pass up this one. I guess y'all gonna have to mark me IN!

So the updated list is:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Cloud of Dust

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

And the latest update:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Put me down as a maybe.

Believe it or not, I grew up in Texas and I've been all over the state, but never been to Big Bend.

Russell,

I don't know a good cigar from a bad cigar (is there really such a thing as a good cigar? confused.gif) but

if you make it I've a cigar waiting..I bought two at Whip's for New Year's Eve but those guys wussed out on me..

grin.gif

russell_bynum
Put me down as a maybe.

Believe it or not, I grew up in Texas and I've been all over the state, but never been to Big Bend.

Russell,

I don't know a good cigar from a bad cigar (is there really such a thing as a good cigar? confused.gif) but

if you make it I've a cigar waiting..I bought two at Whip's for New Year's Eve but those guys wussed out on me..

grin.gif

I don't smoke, but you're welcome to stand downwind from me and enjoy one in my honor. smile.gif

Russell,

grin.gif

I don't smoke, but you're welcome to stand downwind from me and enjoy one in my honor. smile.gif

Smoke???? confused.gif

People don't really smoke those things do they?

I was just talking about chewing on it.. grin.gif

russell_bynum
Russell,

grin.gif

Smoke???? confused.gif

People don't really smoke those things do they?

I was just talking about chewing on it.. grin.gif

They look like giant dog turds to me...I ain't puttin' that anywhere near my mouth. eek.gif

OK boys and girls, I'm officially IN. I'll be coming out with Philly.

WAH! I have to work that weekend. I always have to work. Have to work over May Torrey again too.

frown.gif

Yeah you have to work, but won't you be getting a vacation of sorts? grin.giflurker.gif

And the latest update:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Kindly revise the above list to include me. cool.gif

Cigar Celebration optional; TEQUILA Ceremony = mandatory! thumbsup.gif

And the latest update:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

The "man" himself.....in Texas......

It don't get no better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

[Cigar Celebration optional; TEQUILA Ceremony = mandatory! thumbsup.gif

I'll have cigars for everyone..!

We may have to cut them into very tiny lengths though..

If I need to bring tequila for everyone I'll have the wife come in the truck. thumbsup.gif

Yeah you have to work, but won't you be getting a vacation of sorts?

Well, I've been to Palm Springs so much now, it's not really like a "destination" any more. Plus, I'm running around all weekend making sure clients are happy, which is actually a lot like WORK! tongue.gif

The May one is Pebble Beach, and since I'm not a golfer, it doesn't jazz me at all. Unless I am going to ride at Laguna Seca, or watch others ride at Laguna Seca, the Monterey area is not all that interesting! smile.gif (And again, there's the whole clients, work thing I have to do...)

Well, y'all have fun. It'll be hard without me, but you know, try. grin.gif

Yeah you have to work, but won't you be getting a vacation of sorts?

Well, I've been to Palm Springs so much now, it's not really like a "destination" any more. Plus, I'm running around all weekend making sure clients are happy, which is actually a lot like WORK! tongue.gif

The May one is Pebble Beach, and since I'm not a golfer, it doesn't jazz me at all. Unless I am going to ride at Laguna Seca, or watch others ride at Laguna Seca, the Monterey area is not all that interesting! smile.gif (And again, there's the whole clients, work thing I have to do...)

Well, y'all have fun. It'll be hard without me, but you know, try. grin.gif

Sounds like you'll be very busy, but the vacation I was referring to was a vacation from a certain person who WILL be attending. grin.gif

And the list grows:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Sounds like you'll be very busy, but the vacation I was referring to was a vacation from a certain person who WILL be attending

lmao.gif

Ok, that's hilarious. I'm so used to snapping at people that think all conference planners do is go on free vacations, I thought that's what you meant!

I see your other point too, now! thumbsup.gif

And the list grows:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

It shrinks too. Between page 6 and 7, I disappeared. bncry.gif

Simple mistake or are you trying to tell me something? blush.gif

russell_bynum
And the list grows:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

It shrinks too. Between page 6 and 7, I disappeared. bncry.gif

Simple mistake or are you trying to tell me something? blush.gif

That happened to me at a job once. Big wigs presented a complete re-org with totally new reporting structure, etc. They went throught he whole org chart (only about 100 people in the company) telling everyone where they would be. I wasn't on the list.

eek.gif

As it turns out, it was a simple oversight, but I had an interesting couple of minutes until they explained it. grin.gif

ooops,

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

That happened to me at a job once. Big wigs presented a complete re-org with totally new reporting structure, etc. They went throught he whole org chart (only about 100 people in the company) telling everyone where they would be. I wasn't on the list.

eek.gif

As it turns out, it was a simple oversight, but I had an interesting couple of minutes until they explained it. grin.gif

I'm betting your stress level rose a few notches during those "interesting" few minutes. How did they come to realize what they had done?

I was hoping it would be March 28 and 29. I'll be on my first visit to BB that weekend. First two wheel visit to TX as well. Maybe some of you will still be wandering aimlessly about.

I wish I could be there too, but my niece would never forgive me. Perhaps we could run a second one in April for the poor shmoes that can't make this one. smile.gif

I wish I could be there too, but my niece would never forgive me. Perhaps we could run a second one in April for the poor shmoes that can't make this one. smile.gif

I'm really bummed that you won't be there. Now I'll have to smoke the cigar I bought for you myself. I'll try to muddle through. grin.gif

No, really, Greg, I'm bummed you won't be there. I'll save the cigar. Torrey is only 3 months away. thumbsup.gif

An update for Greg,

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Ok, a new update. Looks like we've got enough for 5 tables of bridge!!!

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

russell_bynum

I'm betting your stress level rose a few notches during those "interesting" few minutes.

Not really. That was at a point where a qualified person could find a tech job in a hurry without breaking a sweat.

Actually...later in that same presentation, they showed us the financial numbers. For the next 5 years, we weren't going to make money, so I asked a question:

Q: How are we going to stay in business if we don't make money?

A: People are going to invest in us.

Q: Why would someone invest in a company that isn't planning to make money?

A: Because our stock is going to be huge.

A phone call later and I had an interview. Two days after that, I had a job offer in hand.

So, really...there wasn't any stress, but it was highly entertaining.

How did they come to realize what they had done?

I raised my hand and asked if there was anything they wanted to tell me. After a blank stare followed by the VP of Tech flipping through the slide deck looking for me on the org charts, I got a "Bloody hell" followed by an apology and he told me where I should have been. lmao.gif

Maybe we can have a Texas Chili eating contest like this one .

Notes From An Inexperienced Chili Taster Named FRANK, who was visiting Texas from the East Coast:

"Recently I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came. The other two judges (Native Texans) assured me that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy; besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor, very mild.

FRANK: Holy smoke, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.

FRANK: Call the EPA; I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now; get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting drunk from all the beer.

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, but not much of a chili.

FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the bar maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that ugly girl is starting to look HOT, just like this nuclear-waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5: Linda's Legal Lip Remover

JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef; could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK: My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off? It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks!

Chili # 6: Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice and peppers.

JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.

FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I messed myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that slut Sally; she must be kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone!

Chili # 7: Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili

JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum. Tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge Number 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

FRANK: You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost the slight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like $hit to match my damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing. It's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8: Helen's Mount Saint Chili

JUDGE ONE: A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili, safe for all, not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO: This final entry is a good, balanced chili, neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor Yank, wonder how he'd have reacted to a really hot chili?

FRANK: --------------(editor's note: Judge #3 was unable to report)

Add one more to the Alpine Inn list arriving Thursday. I'll be on the (gasp) FJR as the RT is not

wired for the Zumo and RD. Been to the BB Park years ago but not on two wheels.

Getting to be a regular gathering!

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

Russell_Bynum

Tool

Eddd

Limecreek (in spirit)

Hiflyf2

Silvereagle

Okie_Roadrunner

And the latest update:

Johnlt

Whip

Lawman

Eric H

Rogera

Mike05

EricFoerster

Edgarr

Tobyzusa

Fossil

Rose Ann

Chrisolson

RocketCowboy

Azkaisr

Flying Finn (maybe)

PhillyFlash

The "man" himself.....in Texas......

dAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNG......maybe if I shift this to that -- and that to this...maybe......

eek.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

dAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNG......maybe if I shift this to that -- and that to this...maybe......

You ride a Ktooom so I'd assume you'd trailer!! lmao.gif

I was wrong....it can get better!!!!!!!

tRAILERbONE....thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Whip

Archived