IGNORED

Today’s Exercise was…

TEWKS

12 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This morning Kelly’s, this afternoon used the backpack leaf blower for about an hour. Ran it out of gas, I’ll finish up tomorrow. 

I gotta bust that thing out and spray the yard with air.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Nope

alternating over head press

squats with bar or holding a plate. 
negative pushups 

stationary bike

alternating side lunges holding a kettlebell 

5 stations x4 revolutions

finish with abs.

:4315:

• Smile 1
John Ranalletta

On June 13th, I decided to take the summer off from the 3x/wk routine of squats, presses and deadlifts.  Starting over last week at much-reduced weights was not pleasant.  Thighs screamed for two days, but it doesn't take long to get back into the routine.  Feels good.

I only work the muscles that keep me upright and help me get out of the TV chair for more ice cream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

The first time I started this exercise program I couldn’t walk down stairs for three days! :classic_biggrin: Having a few pauses over the years it hasn’t been as bad once started again. 

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

At the gym watching 3 heavy weights having difficulty with real life.heavy weight. Maybe if they put it on the end of a squat bar. 

IMG_0432.jpeg

The at work gym

Flat bench 205, 4sets, 5reps each

Incline dumbells, 40#, 3sets, 10, 8, 8

Curl bar, 65#, 3 sets, 10 reps each

Overhead press, 40# dumbells, 3sets of 10

Cable push downs, 45#, 16,14,12

Descending dumbell curls, 3sets, 40, 35, 30 max each

And this at home

image.thumb.png.da7ca62bddb9e28d63d9003110d8d997.png

My brother, cousin, nephew and I get together once per week to smash tennis balls with a bat. We pitch overhand as fast as our old rag arms will permit. Good fun, ok exercise, and great beer afterwards. Nailing the pitcher with a batted ball earns you a free beer.

20231112_124846.thumb.jpg.12436bd4316cfb3b5ec9f738b723d956.jpg

• Like 3
  • Smile 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Question marks are I don't know/never tried.  Mile run is a maybe,.....I could prolly squeeze it now, maybe, it'd be close and a sprint for me now......back in the day, 7:30 was a 23 minute three mile, which woulda been frowned upon heavily in the grunts.  My fastest was 19:40, but averaged 20:30-21:30

Pegboard, I should be able to do that easily.....but haven't been on one since 1993

image.png.c842d74c45f26c1524ce76b72f8c150c.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, duckhawk64 said:

The latest Medieval torture device.

20231202_084848.jpg

That makes indoor biking a bit more interesting for sure.

Try it on a recumbent style bicycle for a 10x pucker factor! Keeping focus as to not fall over is as exhausting as the physical part.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

The gym has been closed since Christmas, it opens back up on the 2nd. Lots of bad eating in the last week with little movement, I’m very disappointed in myself. :facepalm:  ;) :classic_biggrin: I did get the dogs out today for our typical 2.5 miles and Tuesday, I’ll get back into the gym routine. There’s hope! :yes:

This is the time of year my gym time suffers.  Jan 1 thru Valentines Day.  Gym is packed with all the New Years resolution peeps or those trying to line up their Valentines Date.  After Valentines day the crowd thins back out to regular volume and becomes more usable.  When I move somewhere with more space, I can't wait to setup a home gym and avoid the crowd.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
On 12/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, syntorz said:

That makes indoor biking a bit more interesting for sure.

Try it on a recumbent style bicycle for a 10x pucker factor! Keeping focus as to not fall over is as exhausting as the physical part.

It'll turn into a fixture for hanging laundry to dry.  I've always thought if ever diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'd buy a stationary bike or treadmill as a half hour on either made the clock stand still.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta
7 minutes ago, BrianT said:

This is the time of year my gym time suffers.  Jan 1 thru Valentines Day.  Gym is packed with all the New Years resolution peeps or those trying to line up their Valentines Date.  After Valentines day the crowd thins back out to regular volume and becomes more usable.  When I move somewhere with more space, I can't wait to setup a home gym and avoid the crowd.

Years back, a fitness chain called in September to engage our services but said they couldn't pay until the following February as that's when the bulk of its cash flow came in from January sign ups.  BTW, we said, "okay" and they paid as promised.

• 4 weeks later...

The battle continues. I’ll be back at door # 7 (had to of been following along) tonight if the little one doesn’t have a basketball game. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f71485f5179d62163e56f69c41dedfcc.jpeg