IGNORED

Today’s Exercise was…

TEWKS

Great image of Iva Barr.  She smiling and showing her finisher medal and some guy half her age lying on the ground just whipped & in agony behind her.  Priceless.

Iva Barr

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Even though it doesn’t look it, I’ve got abs under there. How do I know this you ask? We were doing an ab station yesterday morning and I got a killer cramp, I mean rolling on the floor killer pain. The great thing about having a knowledgeable and keen eyed instructor, she saw what was happening and gave me instructions on how to stretch and release the cramp. :clap:

Back for class number four of the week in a little bit. :P

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Do you poop first?

You gotta dump before you hump(that's hike for you civilian types), and of course run. 

Nothing worse than being xxx miles into a hump or run and you feel a squid in the breech that you need to birth a sailor.

You really don't want this feeling during those events

image.jpeg.9044e6c48c66d8199286d25b88efd019.jpeg

• Haha 3

Did something different today for a change of pace. I hadn’t touched my road bike in 2 or 3 years. I washed off the dust and cobwebs, cleaned and oiled the chain and took it out for a short spin. Took it easy since I haven’t been riding. 

IMG_3419.thumb.jpeg.e8439f0a8934e43598460d20b02ed146.jpeg

• Like 3

Got in my last day of an hour on the Airdyne today, prior to surgery on the left shoulder in the morning.  Not sure how long until I am back at it, but the surgeon wants me at PT on Thursday. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, scout6 said:

Got in my last day of an hour on the Airdyne today, prior to surgery on the left shoulder in the morning.  Not sure how long until I am back at it, but the surgeon wants me at PT on Thursday. 

Don't forget, if the PT hurts you're doing it right.  :grin:

• Like 1

Had a 6:30 gym class.

4 strength stations with a cardio of your choice in between each station. 4 loops around the circuit. I was red faced and sweaty! :4315:

edit…One of my cardio choices was jumping rope. I thought I’d show off for the class so I brought in my horse. :dontknow:

image.gif.6fc516b0f5571c097cd16fe6b55af836.gif

• Smile 3
  • Haha 1

6:30 PM tonight. Kelly gives new, potential customers three free classes to see if they like it. Anyone in the neighborhood? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

39 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Plenty of veggies in there! :18: And, I think you’ll burn up that fuel :14: on the way home! :5185:

Especially when he has to walk home after they steal his unsecured bike!

• Haha 1

No “Humping a Pack” while? :spittake:

edit…

speaking of that I still owe John a weight on a firefighter’s gear. I kinda want to know myself for sure so Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Kelly’s this morning and again, tonight. 

Warm up routine.

Calf raises off a step

Lopsided pushups, pushing off a medicine-ball and alternating the ball side to side.

Forward & reverse lunges holding a weight.

Stationary bike.

Overhead dumbbell presses with a rotation as you go up & down.

One minute rounds, five times through and then some ab work at the end. :4315:

35 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Overhead dumbbell presses with a rotation as you go up & down.

supinate that,....supinate!!!

9 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

supinate that,....supinate!!!

Paul, now you got me running to that damn dictionary! :D

Palms in to start, rotate outwards as you push the weights up. Reverse it on the way down. 

• Haha 1

Ok, the numbers please. @John Ranalletta asked (or it came up in conversation somewhere) about the weight of a firefighter’s gear. I’ve heard estimates over the years but never actually checked. (the estimates were pretty accurate)

And as everyone already knows I’m sure, this isn’t everyday, all day wear gear, it’s “firefighting gear”.

Turnout gear. 
IMG_4332.thumb.jpeg.08167921bc6416591c23c3a57012549d.jpeg

Air Pack

IMG_4334.thumb.jpeg.626a40202f6ee257e0ea80b469a96aaf.jpeg

Tools

IMG_4337.thumb.jpeg.65afac901c2ef5f0646cef7fb20a58b7.jpeg

Radio

IMG_4338.thumb.jpeg.48b208f028758d56a67861e99f2c480d.jpeg

For a grand total of 70.7 pounds.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Now hump that shit for 25 miles in eight hours.:18:

If one were training a bunch of grunts to do just that, would one concentrate on strength or endurance or a balance.  A firefighter's exposure is episodic and likely short-term.  A soldier's exposure to carrying a heavy load would seem to be much longer, say, hours or days.

2 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

If one were training a bunch of grunts to do just that, would one concentrate on strength or endurance or a balance.  A firefighter's exposure is episodic and likely short-term.  A soldier's exposure to carrying a heavy load over a long period would seem to be much longer, say, hours or days.

yep

Just now, Hosstage said:

I don't even like carrying the groceries into the house.

that's why we have a shopping cart to go from the driveway to in the house.  Re-load all the groceries into the cart and wheel it all in.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Hope you grabbed a Krispy Kreme while you were there  :4317:

Psst.. Dave this is the “exercise “ thread, I’ll tell you on the other page!  :spittake:

This morning Kelly’s, this afternoon used the backpack leaf blower for about an hour. Ran it out of gas, I’ll finish up tomorrow.