IGNORED

UnRally Chatter

chrisolson

Dennis Andress
8 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Can you drive a van size RV there, I don’t tent.

I’ve never been there, but Eddd spoke highly of it. My neighbors routinely took their Toyota Sequoia down there. Call and ask.  There’s only 10 camping spaces and I think you have to call to reserve one anyway. 

20 hours ago, Matts_12GS said:

IIRC AZ Al has passed.  Is anyone picking up his business for ear speakers?  

I use this company.  No idea if their pricing is normal, but their customer service was great and I am very happy with the final product.
I bought these
iPlugz Sports Monitors - Pro 3D - Wired - Single Driver - Short Cord - No Mic - Straight 3.5 mm Stereo Jack

E.A.R./Insta-Mold
5763 Arapahoe Ave, Unit L Boulder, CO 80303
1-800-525-2690
E.A.R. Customized Hearing - EAR Customized Hearing Protection (earinc.com)

20 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Not familiar with those but should be doable, there’s no big rocks, there is some sand and a few climbs that aren’t bad and ground clearance shouldn’t be a problem. At the risk of hijacking the thread I’ll post some pics in awhile.

Here it is, it is made for Rally style riding.

New-2022-Can-Am®-Ryker Rally Rotax 900 ACE

2 hours ago, TSConver said:

Here it is, it is made for Rally style riding.

New-2022-Can-Am®-Ryker Rally Rotax 900 ACE

If you ride it offroad where you live it'll probably work there, with a couple precautions. There's a section of somewhat sandy two track next to the Green River which means the front wheels will be in the ruts and the rear won't but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. Also, the day we did it conditions were perfect, it's not always the case riding offroad, it can vary a lot with weather. Some buddies did it a few years later and had standing water down next to the river but it wasn't deep. I'd steer clear if it's raining or had recently, Utah semi red clay isn't much different than Alabama or N. Ga. red clay, basically unrideable when wet.

The best advice will come from locals that work at the Jeep/4 wheeler rental places, stop in and ask one, they'll know what's doable for your bikes on each trail on any given day (because they are constantly rescuing people that don't know when to turn around : )

• Plus 1 1
34 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

If you ride it offroad where you live it'll probably work there, with a couple precautions. There's a section of somewhat sandy two track next to the Green River which means the front wheels will be in the ruts and the rear won't but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. Also, the day we did it conditions were perfect, it's not always the case riding offroad, it can vary a lot with weather. Some buddies did it a few years later and had standing water down next to the river but it wasn't deep. I'd steer clear if it's raining or had recently, Utah semi red clay isn't much different than Alabama or N. Ga. red clay, basically unrideable when wet.

The best advice will come from locals that work at the Jeep/4 wheeler rental places, stop in and ask one, they'll know what's doable for your bikes on each trail on any given day (because they are constantly rescuing people that don't know when to turn around : )

No doubt will ask for advice.  Been wheeling jeeps for almost 20 years.  MOAB is on the bucket list.  Will likely rent a SXS or Jeep one day as we plan on stopping in MOAB for a few days after the unrally.  The Ryker Rally is made for Rally cross type stuff so dirt roads and the like.  It has wider and more aggressive tires than the standard Rykers and it is the only one that you can fully turn off the traction control to allow you to drift or spin the rear wheel.  Makes for great burnouts too, lol.

• Like 1

I have uploaded Garmin GPX file for Street routes V_3.0.  I will continue to read the threads on attractions and add them to my file and probably do a final 4.0 version come May.  But for now I have included a number of loop routes and other roads recommended by our Colorado, riders.  I hope the file helps you.

• 3 weeks later...
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, BrianT said:

I think word got out we're coming.

We could all ride scooters...

• Like 1

Dennis, you can borrow Linda's. Somewhere there is a pic of you on here riding it.
Knees in the breeze May 1, 2021, don't know how to transfer it.

5 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Dennis, you can borrow Linda's. Somewhere there is a pic of you on here riding it.
Knees in the breeze May 1, 2021, don't know how to transfer it.

162C9F28-46DA-4336-A7A5-2B42233D591C.thumb.jpeg.8a17780845014b0eb96d6466c5556996.jpeg.abc31c0e7720b877c39e734191c9601c.jpeg

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I'm thinking of bringing mine on the trailer as a resort bike to run around on 

48D942D6-BCF5-4C29-83AF-12B93E97B7E9.jpeg

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Without the rain in this video, that looks like fun.  Skip to 1:20 to get to the racing.

• Like 2
On 1/12/2023 at 9:30 AM, chrisolson said:

If any Member wishes to upload and share a GPS route for the 2023 UnRally BMWST has a place to do it.

From the main menu select "Downloads" then click on 2023 Rally and follow instructions.    OR ...  click HERE

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 9.10.39 PM.png

NOTE: the menu selection Downloads is a bit if a misnomer ... ie a file is first "Uploaded" and stored in the appropriate folder and then can be "Downloaded". 

Actually, most any type of file can be uploaded and stored for later retrieval by Members.  A unique folder can also be created as needed.   Member generated content is allowed as long as it follows general BMWST posting guidelines .

That feature, along with the Gallery Feature can support any event and even individual Member albums (no current limitation on storage space). 

See some examples HERE.  A specific 2023 Gallery folder will be available as the event draws closer.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 10.13.53 AM.png

Would any of you happen to have a non-gpx version of your plans for Colorado?  If I get to go in September, I'm thinking of Durango > Pagosa Springs>South Fork>Creed>Lake City>Hotchkiss>Grand Junction>Ouray>Durango.  Surely, some of these spots are on your guys' route, too...

12 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

…I'm thinking of Durango > Pagosa Springs>South Fork>Creed>Lake City>Hotchkiss>Grand Junction>Ouray>Durango.  …

That’s a nice loop ride.  No need to go all the way to Grand Junction… rather, turn south in Delta and head for Ouray.  Watch for strict enforcement between Delta and Montrose.

If you like a little easy dirt, you can shorten the route from Lake City to Hotchkiss by taking the Blue Mesa cutoff.  I did it once on a sport bike, and although the outcome was successful, I won’t try that again.  Besides, the longer paved portion from Lake City to the junction with US-50 is pleasant.

An alternative is to insert a longer segment from Delta… go towards Grand Junction and take the 141 to Gateway and then follow the road to Ouray.

Cap

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

Durango > Pagosa Springs>South Fork>Creed>Lake City>Hotchkiss>Grand Junction>Ouray>Durango. 

Personally, as an overnight trip: https://goo.gl/maps/jfuoZx6MY743uwGF6

The section between Durango and Pagosa is congested and frustrating and has little of scenic or riding interest.  

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Twisties said:

congested and frustrating

Jan, I think I'll be riding out of Durango in the morning.  Do you think it would be better with an early-ish start?

I'll probably have a total of five nights to spend in Colorado, probably rolling in from Flagstaff.

13 hours ago, Cap said:

141 to Gateway

Yes, Cap, I had jotted down an alternative from G.J., thru Gateway, toward Telluride, and to Delores.  I'll probably have a total of five nights to spend in Colorado, probably rolling in from Flagstaff.

23 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

Yes, Cap, I had jotted down an alternative from G.J., thru Gateway, toward Telluride, and to Delores.  I'll probably have a total of five nights to spend in Colorado, probably rolling in from Flagstaff.

Since you are talking about your own trip rather than the UN, you can choose where you stay.  I make a point of staying in Dolores each time I visit the area.  There is a nice motel, the Dolores Mountain Inn, and a wonderful craft brewery, the Dolores River Brewery.  The DRB has awesome pizza and a very nice outdoor seating area.  But they are closed Monday, and only offer pizza Friday-Sunday.   There is also a train museum of sorts, and sometimes they have a weird half-bus-half-train thing called the Galloping Goose. IIRC.     

Lizard Head pass from Telluride to Dolores is pleasant, but not a challenging ride.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cap said:

not a challenging ride

well, I might have a Harley rider accompanying me, so...  :4323:

14 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

well, I might have a Harley rider accompanying me, so...  :4323:

In that case, definitely take the Gateway option on the 141.  And unless your Harley rider is frisky, avoid the rim of the Black Canyon on hwy 92 from the Blue Mesa dam at Sapinero to Hotchkiss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 5:13 AM, Whip said:

There WILL be a group dinner the day has not been nailed down but most likely Wednesday evening.

Is there a date on the group dinner solidifying?

The wifey and me are looking at doing a trip that would keep us out till about 7pm on Wed or Thur and don't want to schedule it on the evening of the group dinner.

a new/updated GPX file has been posted.  I suspect this maybe the final version.  It includes a lot of "local's recommendations" for food stops and interesting towns.

if you are new to uploading a "public GPX file" then I would suggest you go to downloads, and look for Bernie's excellent PDF file on how to import a GPX file. It is worth a read.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, randy said:

look for Bernie's excellent PDF file on how to import a GPX file. It is worth a read.

LInky

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

BIG question ( I might have missed the answer)  what is the fuel options in or around Purgatory Resort?

should we always fill up in Silverton or Durango?

I have looking at google maps and found nothing near (less than 5 miles) Purgatory Resort.

chrisolson
1 hour ago, randy said:

what is the fuel options in or around Purgatory Resort?

try ...

Marathon Gas, 46825 US-550, Durango, CO 81301

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

try ...

Marathon Gas, 46825 US-550, Durango, CO 81301

Awesome thanks, it is loaded into Basecamp  :-)

In case anyone else is planning a national park visit
Most (maybe 100% by now) national parks have gone to a reservation system.
If you do not reserve your Park/time you will have difficulty getting in.
you can only reserve about 3 months in advance.  July is now available.
I just reserved Arches National Park for the UnRally week, and the reservation worked great.
Just an FYI, if you are planning a National Park visit check out the reservation system.  the earlier the better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, randy said:

In case anyone else is planning a national park visit
Most (maybe 100% by now) national parks have gone to a reservation system.
If you do not reserve your Park/time you will have difficulty getting in.
you can only reserve about 3 months in advance.  July is now available.
I just reserved Arches National Park for the UnRally week, and the reservation worked great.
Just an FYI, if you are planning a National Park visit check out the reservation system.  the earlier the better.

It's a bone head simple system. A valid pass is nothing more than an email sent directly to you that you can show them on your phone. They don't check on whether or not you actually use a pass, so get more days then you think you'll need.

can I get a heads up on expected temperature?  say I am leaving Gunnison, headed over Monarch Pass up to Aspen then over to Fruita, CO.

will I need gerbings running?  Can I get by with just a long sleve mid weight insulated shirt, and then as I get to lower elevations switch to a standard shirt?

we have 4 riders and limited luggage.  Just wondering if we can leave the gerbings behind.  Gerbings take up almost a whole bag by themselves.

roadscholar

Colorado Mtn weather is unpredictable and can run the gamut but it’s mostly dependent on altitude. Valleys are usually temperate but can be really hot especially on the west slope. It can be snowing or hail on the passes but it’s usually not for long so if you keep moving a normal jacket should suffice. That’s worst case scenario, most of the time it’s really nice in Summer.

Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Colorado Mtn weather is unpredictable and can run the gamut but it’s mostly dependent on altitude. Valleys are usually temperate but can be really hot especially on the west slope. It can be snowing or hail on the passes but it’s usually not for long so if you keep moving a normal jacket should suffice. That’s worst case scenario, most of the time it’s really nice in Summer.

What he said. August marks the end of monsoon season up there, so I'd expect warmer and calmer weather. And an occasional thunderstorm. 

Great, and Yes if we have to be cold for 30-40 minutes as we pass over a high altitude location, that is fine.  Just did not want to be riding in sub 40 degree weather for a few hours.

and again rain is ok, we might carry our rain gear (again bulky) or just pull over, or if late in the day and we are close to the motel for the night, just ride on, and clean up at the motel

thanks

Keep in mind that one typically overnights in valleys and then rides up in the morning.  Sometimes you may find that while you had a perfectly fine evening, the pass was sanded overnight or worse, got icy and wasn't sanded. 

In our case at the UnRally, we are staying fairly high.  Mornings and evenings are cool.  I know you have plans to get around some.  You may be starting in 40 F weather, or returning in it evenings.  At elevation anything is possible at any time.  Afternoon thunderstorms now occur anytime of the 24 hour clock, and it will in fact be the peak of monsoon season.  That said, there is high probability of an El Nino condition developing.  Sometimes that can disrupt the monsoons. 

Whether or not you need heated gear is very much dependent on you, your gear, your bike, and when you will be riding.  You:  I rarely use mine, my wife uses hers often.  Your gear:  Mesh vs something stouter?  Are you carrying a separate rain layer that could be used in cool conditions?  Your bike:  RT's ride 10 F warmer than GS's.  When you are riding:  Early starts or late evenings on the bike make it more likely you would want it.  

Thunderstorms, when you encounter one, can be counted on to cool things off considerably.  Usually that's nice.  But if it persists and if you get wet then you may get a chill.  There will be high winds, there may be intense lightning, there may hail, there may be torrential blinding rain.  Usually, as mentioned above, we just ride through in a short time without a gear change and dry out quickly afterwards.  But, they can be widespread and they can persist or even follow you, depending which way everybody is going.  There is always a tension between thinking you will ride through quickly without gearing up and the desire to gear up before you are soaked through if you are to gear up.  There is no real solution to this.  

For me personally, I haven't seen a need for heated gear in the summer in this area.  I just switched to Goretex outer gear and have lost my rain layer (that I used sometimes in cool weather).  I may keep my heated jacket just in case.  But mine isn't all that bulky.   

Let me add, all this against the back drop of heat being the more usual and bothersome condition.

Also, as Bill said, elevation is everything around here.  I advise against riding up a pass if it looks stormy ahead.  A weather app with satellite weather maps may help you determine if your route is heading into it.  If you have a good signal.  Most storms are moving from southwest to northeast in the four corners area.   On front range (east the continental divide near Denver) they may be going due east. 

If you are on a pass or at high elevation and you see a storm blowing up, it is generally wise to pack up and go to lower elevation ASAP.  It may still be raining lower, or not, but you have less exposure to lightning and hail and winds might not be as extreme.  Also, you are more likely to find shelter, if needed.

roadscholar

One thing I learned riding Colorado from a basecamp each day was to try to be flexible on what direction you want to ride in. Some may have a prepared plan of where they want to go or itinerary for every day because of time constraints but weather can often foul that up so it's something to think about. I was riding adv or dualsport bikes most of the time so had more options than a street rider but it's the same idea, look at the weather on your phone in the morning and ride where it isn't. Not always foolproof though because big mountains can create their own weather any time of day, but found you have a much better chance of beating it than not.

You can only go north or south from Purgatory (sounds a bit ominous : ) to find an east-west route, either US160 on the south end of Durango which means dealing with city traffic or Ridgeway to the north where you can take 62 to the 145 or 141 loops back around to 160 or 50, both spectacular, not to mention the ride up 550 thru Silverton and Ouray. Or continue on to Montrose and take 50 to points east either to 92 or 149. There are two passes going north on 550, Molas and Red Mountain, the latter being more likely to have weather but again if so, probably not for long. 

If you make it as far as Gunnison there's another way to loop back west besides 149 south thru Lake City to 160. Take 135 to Crested Butte then Kebler Pass Rd out the west end of CB, it connects with 133 then Paonia to Delta or 92 south thru Crawford which is a great road. Kebler Pass does have some dirt sections but it's hard packed and maintained in Summer (it's also scenic), it's a thoroughfare for locals, people drive their Mercedes and BMW's on it so it's definitely RT or GT-able (if it's not wet) and even then still doable. Just some ideas.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/kebler-pass-road

ps. I've told this story before, it's an extreme but somewhat pertinent example. In June 2000 I rode my brother's Yamaha V-Max from Albuquerque to Eagle (Vail) and back down 550 to Abq over two days and accidently discovered Salida along the way. Completely unplanned so gear was a borrowed helmet, sneakers, and light windbreaker I brought from Fla. On day two the thermometer on the bank in Montrose said 105*, less than an hour later it was hailing on Red Mtn Pass and felt like it was in the 20's, freezing cold. If you want to know what a bad seat is ride one of those, fortunately it runs out of gas every 100 miles so you get to stretch a lot, but on the other hand if you need to pass 8 or 10 motorhomes at a time it’ll do it.

The risk of cool weather and thunderstorms has been discussed.  The more common challenge of riding in the arid west during summer is heat.  Lower elevations may exceed 100, or even 110 degrees F, and the highest elevations may exceed 80 F.  The relative humidity is likely going to be between 8 and 25%.  Commonly in the teens.  It is hot and it is arid.  It is difficult to drink enough when riding.  

Dehydration sneaks up on you and it is dangerous.  Often the first sign is not thirst, but perhaps a slight headache.  Water is good, but not enough for a full day.  You need to replace electrolytes as well.  This can be from a pill, an electrolyte drink (Gatorade, Powerade, others), or sometimes some fruit (bananas or melon are good sources of potassium) or other food.

My personal advice is to carry water at all times.  Even if you have stops planned, you never know when adversity may strike, and much of this country is remote.  Drink more water than you think you need.  Drink at every opportunity.  Include at least one electrolyte drink in your daily routine.  Wear mesh gear or open all of your vents on non-mesh gear.  If you are too hot, consider pouring some water over your head, into your helmet, and soaking your shirt.  

There is a persistent and extremely dangerous myth amongst riders that closing yourself up in your heavy gear will somehow keep you cooler in hot riding conditions.  This myth defies everything we know about physics, chemistry and physiology.  To regulate your body's temperature you need to sweat, and you need for that sweat to evaporate.  The more, the better (at least while you are warm).  Closing up breaks the evaporation side of the cycle.  The key is to replace liquids and electrolytes so that you can continue to sweat effectively.  Breaking the cycle of sweat and evaporation can lead to heat exhaustion or heat stroke, and is potentially fatal.  

The good news is that in our arid conditions it is possible to stay comfortable even in hot conditions if you hydrate and ventilate effectively.  Evaporation here is so effective you may not even realize you are sweating.  

• Thanks 2

lots of usefull information, I guess we will just have to wing it.  now way we can carry that much gear to match all the variables discussed above.

and we are not base camping at purgatory.  
so Saturday is Durango to Gunnison via south fork and lake city
Sunday is Gunnison to Fruita via  Monarch pass, Aspen Hotchkiss, Mesa
Monday is Fruita to Arches NP
Tuesday is Moab to Purgatory Resort 

Then Wed - Friday we are base camping at Purgatory
We head home Saturday

1 hour ago, randy said:

now way we can carry that much gear to match all the variables discussed above.

To recap, I wear a an outer layer.  If it is mesh, I carry a liner jacket or a heated jacket and an outer rain layer (Frogg Toogs).  Currently, with Goretex outer, I carry a liner or heated jacket.  I have water.  It's currently in a hydration pack on my back.  

That's it.  

yes we all wear mesh, MotoPort air flow jacket/pants

We will all probably bring a very light weight (frogg togs) rain gear. and just use that as an outer layer if needed.

I am considering a cooling vest, but for now I am old school, I take my "dri fit" shirt soaked in cold water then wring it dry, and then wear it under my MotoPort jacket.  usually carry two dri fit shirts wearing one in morning and another for afternoon use, and many times soaking both at lunch and wearing one for 1:30 minutes then stopping and swapping out for the other one for rest of the day.

• Plus 1 1
roadscholar
On 5/15/2023 at 9:40 AM, randy said:

I guess we will just have to wing it.  now way we can carry that much gear to match all the variables discussed above.

On 5/15/2023 at 11:43 AM, randy said:

yes we all wear mesh, MotoPort air flow jacket/pants

It's not complicated, and riding in the Rockies is different than back east. You don't need every kind of gear you just need good gear that works in a variety of conditions. The example of temperature extremes above was not only that but how often and quickly it can change. You've heard the saying 'if you don't like the weather wait a minute' in this case it's usually true. Because it's dry the heat isn't as big a problem and it's only between mountain ranges so dress for cooler temps and plan on getting wet at some point. The right gear means you don't have to stop and change all the time too. I always wore a breathable BMW jacket with good armor that was semi waterproof, Aerostich Darien overpants,and either elkskin ropers or breathable mechanix gloves, that and a bottle of water was it and worked great for long days. Kenny and my buddy Dave always went the Klim route, pricey but the reason is, it works.

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

low altitude

IMG_1324.JPG

high altitude

IMG_1365.JPG

Joel lives in Colorado and uses this setup.

IMG_1833.JPG

Some of us .have to learn the hard way.

IMG_1713.JPG

Another thing about good gear is it lasts a long time, I think @TEWKS had this Stich since he was a kid or at least a lot younger : )

IMG_3025.JPG

• Like 1

While we are discussing such things, there is one more regional risk people should be aware of.  That is altitude sickness.  The Purgatory Resort Base is at 8800' amsl  (the 2500m in the monograph linked below works out to 8200', so Purgatory is well above this level).  The paved passes are in the 11,000' - 12,000' range, and some of the dirt passes approach 13,000'.  Dirt riding at these altitudes is strenuous, and strenuous activity before acclimatization increases the risk of altitude sickness.  I have few concerns about folk street riding over the paved passes, but coming from flat land and sleeping at 8800' may be challenging.  

My personal advice, based on my experiences living and traveling in the region, sometimes with flatlander guests, is not medical advice.  I have no medical training.  But, I would suggest to familiarize yourself with the symptoms and proper responses for altitude sickness.  If you can, spending a night or two at a more moderate elevation, say 7000', before going up to Purgatory may help.  If you will be doing both dirt and paved riding, you might want to schedule the paved riding first, and do the dirt riding after you've had a chance to acclimate. That said, I am speaking of the high passes.... the GS rides @lawnchairboy has discussed aren't so high and aren't so strenuous.  They should be ok, just my opinion.  

This monograph is from the British healthcare system, but it matches my personal experience better than some others I saw.  That said, I checked and it appears that acetazolamide is widely available OTC in the US.  Paracetamol is known as Tylenol (acetominphen) in the US.  Promethazine is a prescription drug in the US and is used to treat motion sickness/nausea.  Otherwise, I like this because it has specific recommendations on how to acclimate and how to respond to altitude sickness:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/altitude-sickness/#:~:text=You can get altitude sickness,a medical emergency if ignored. 

roadscholar

Good point Jan. One year we took nearly the entire CADS group to Colorado, 

Untitled photo

Of the 24 that went, one got altitude sickness the first day, Kim, Rich's wife crashed her XT250 and was taken to the hospital (she's on the left not too long before)

Untitled photo

I almost always drove out and usually spent the last night in Amarillo (3700') gradually climbing over 3 days. Rich and Kim drove straight thru w/o stopping and likely the reason, we were all staying at 8500' or above. Discovered the Salida Walmart had oxygen in a can so she carried a couple bottles from then on.

lawnchairboy

https://iantaylortrekking.com/blog/are-there-alternatives-to-taking-diamox-at-high-altitude/

noone will summit everest from durango but the notes on hydration and gradual adjustments are pretty much the same.  I am unaware of Diamox or nifedipine being available as OTC meds in the US.  

as I recall, I have primarily come to colorado in the past on a bike or in a car over several days.  Imogene (13k) is as high as I have gone on a DR 650.   You will definitely feel it.  I will not be riding anything that high this summer.  

pretty soon I’ll be living at 7k + permanently…

• Like 2

Wow, back in the day, we'd go from Camp LeJeune (sea level) to Pickle Meadows (6800'), and begin training the day after arrival.  The training area was at 7200' and was just under a three mile "walk".    I think it was day four, five or six that we'd hump up to 9494.  We'd be dropped by CH-46's during the final exercise at the third week, we'd be over 11000 feet, up and down during that four day exercise ending up back at the 6800 base camp practicing all the rope work that was learned.   A very few would pass out, but the overall majority handled this adjustment of elevation just fine.  The very last day of the jaunt to the training area, the CO's always wanted to get the "record", so, you've got 120+/- Marines/Corpsman running up to the training area in about 22 minutes,.....all uphill with your kit on, joy-joy,.....and I miss those days.

But, pounding water is and was always pushed during all of our training.  

Just know if you get fuzzy, you might wanna take a break and let someone know you're a bit weird, you're body is trying to tell you something that your brain doesn't want to listen to.

• Like 2

Since when did the Un become a matter of life or death?  I will have to make sure my life insurance is paid up before I leave😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Calvin  (no socks)

I'm at sea level on the east coast... gonna start holding my breath on the way over... just past the Big Muddy....:grin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5