IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) Sparta, NC 2021

Indy Dave

8 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

If no one else needs it , I could use it. Be happy to pay for it

I'll have it with me and you can buy me a beer of a coffee.  

22 hours ago, Bernie said:

New link for revised #8 route to Paint Bank, VA

Really cool that you could show the new vs. original in the New 8!  I was wondering how it was different.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

I am holed up near Pilot Mountain until the dry weather hits tomorrow   I have my dog Ruger and a beautiful girl to keep me entertained.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, OldBMWMaster said:

I am holed up near Pilot Mountain until the dry weather hits tomorrow   I have my dog Ruger and a beautiful girl to keep me entertained.

Does your wife know?   😉

• Haha 2
Dennis Andress
15 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Jeeesh it's bringing to look like "Trailer Week" in Daytona :19:

None of us planned on growing old together...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, OldBMWMaster said:

Looking forward to seeing you both, Jerry!

Reminder – Boxflyer will be demonstrating a full service on a 1250 ShiftCam today (and the 1200wc tomorrow) in the parking lot. This is your chance to be up close and personal with the most detailed clinic on R bikes.

• Like 1

Hello fellow FART attendees, just wanted to let everyone know we have a couple of items for sell and have them at the rally for immediate delivery.

RDL heated driver seat (2014- RT LC) $450

28L BMW RT top case $250

BMW Nav VI GPS $400

Open to reasonable offers.

If interested in anything, please send me a private message and we can meet up to discuss.

Sammy

Hello Farters. Just a note if you plan to ride route 3 or 3A. There is a bridge out, and a closed road -- NC 194-- near the end of 3 and the beginning of 3A. No marked detour. You will have to route yourself over to US 19e, and it's a 20-25 mile diversion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

With the shortest ride, I am home safely, unpacked, and planning on an afternoon of beer and football.  Just had to dodge a few herd of deer, but none as close as the 3 foot miss and pucker moment as one lunged across the front of Chris Kinney's bike on Saturday.  Many thanks to the Dave, Bernie, Craig and the rest of the gang who did an outstanding job planning and running this year's FART!  Outstanding routes, evening camaraderie and weather.  Already looking forward to START.

• Like 4

I made it home at 11:15am.  It was a great event.  Thanks to IndyDave, Bernie and everyone else for the hard work.  Thanks to Boxflyer for using his excellent skills to provide maintenance services/help to folks as needed.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, BMW_Ken said:

I made it home at 11:15am.  It was a great event.  Thanks to IndyDave, Bernie and everyone else for the hard work.  Thanks to Boxflyer for using his excellent skills to provide maintenance services/help to folks as needed.

That maintenancot we demo convinced me that I don't want a water cooled boxer.  I can buy an old bike for what the tools cost.

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sadly departed Sparta a little before 8 and followed a nicely inefficient route back to Raleigh.  Had a great FART and greatly enjoyed the fantastically adequate ride led by TyTass on Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I still consider myself a relative junior member here with only a few ART’s under my belt but these events just keep getting better and better.  Thanks to all a great event and especially to IndyDave for making this happen.  I realize how much work goes into the planning and seamless execution.

And a huge thank you to Boxflyer (Brad) for his amazing support to this group.  In addition to saving my day and event on Friday helping me plug my tire.

Another great ride today 200+ Miles to Roanoke.  Home tomorrow by about 1:00.

Looking forward to START next April!!

Thanks again!! 

858F8955-1D41-42EE-B046-68F8EC09B4D6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 2

Made it home by 5:30.  It was a real treat for me to put faces to the names. Lots of good people that made me feel like I found a new family. 
Thanks to everyone that made the event happen

• Like 6

Back to Cookeville safely around 4:30 CST after yet another wonderful event.  It’s been a long time since I was able to make any of the ARTs…. And again I am reminded why I love this group and the amazing human beings of which it consists.

You all are SO stuck with me… see you in Blairsville! 💖💖💖💖

• Like 9

Back home at 5:15 CST. Great riding with Shannon and Mike on the way home. Brad you saved my bacon a million thanks!! Another great FART except for Wednesday the weather was spectacular! See everyone in the spring!

• Like 5

so I had to leave early on Saturday morning 

first order of business was picking up a new to me 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

a separate post and pictures will come 

the second and most important item was

The Lord called my Dad home, Friday. Sept 24th.
Leslie Harold Etheridge
will be laid to rest on Wednesday September 29
My father was 92+ years old and had a wonderful life
I am proud to be his son

so I had to trailer Lourdes loaner bike and my newly purchased Tracer to Champaign IL

i will be here until Friday and then be back in Atlanta on Saturday

It was a great event and I look forward to a far  less stressful START in April 2022 👍

• Like 11

What she said 👆🏼 😁 But seriously, these events are a fixture for me, not (just) because of the riding and carousing, but because of you people, this group of good friends, old and new.  Really great spending time with y’all!  

Major kudos to Dave and the gang on another great event!  Thank you for all the work you invest in making these things happen.

Safely back home in Birmingham. It was such a nice day it’s hard to even complain about several hours on the super-slab.

Here’s to many more ARTs!  Cheers!!

• Like 8
  • Smile 1

It was great to see you Randy.  My condolences about your father.

Thanks for a great FART everybody!!  Great mechanical work done to Miss Grace for the Shift Cam demo.  A special thanks to Boxfler's technical prowess for making that Shift Cam power more efficient.   My average tank range at fill-up went from 270-something to 308, or so.   Not that I bought that bike for fuel economy.  :whistle:

I had some great rides during those days the bike was not on the lift.  Well, except for that gravely-slick section.  Am I right Mike???  I also managed to find a stretch of road where the pavement turned to gravel road for a less than a mile, which was on the route #7 NE loop to Rocky Mount.  I did what any RT rider would have done:  I stood up on the pegs for control.  Hopefully, I can find it on my video as proof.  :bike:

Arrived back at the house around  16:45 hours.   Thanks for ChrisK for showing me some more Nav VI tips for the inverted route procedures.  The ride down with Chris and Lowndes was enjoyable.

Gratitude to all the ART members and especially Bernie for allowing me to go on a ride with him on Friday.  What an honor!   Also MikeB60 and I loved the ride, but our rear tires did NOT!  :dontknow:

HEY!  Let's do this again sometime.

Cheers!

EDIT:  I would like to add that the Kettle Corn was delicious! Very, very addicting.  Thank you very much Nikki!

• Like 5

Back home in Jasper, GA at 5:15 pm. Had to stop and plug my buddy Don's rear tire on the BRP. We went through a 300 yard stretch of gravel and a rock punctured the tire. To our surprise, his tire also had a ten inch stretch of cord showing. He limped home to Sugar Hill, GA and arrived safely. 

This was our first FART, and we would like to thank all the folks that make these events possible. Sorry, we did not understand the EndoBob pizza night, or would have partaken, and contributed funds. Really enjoyed all the great routes and riding. Thanks for all the efforts by Bernie, IndyDave, and everyone else that spent the time to discover, and map them out. They were all very enjoyable rides. Enjoyed meeting a bunch of the guys and gals. Really enjoyed walking around with a bourbon and talking to you guys. Everyone was very friendly and talkative. Makes you not feel like an outsider, even though we were both Noobs. Got a great deal on a Rotopax for my DR-Z 400S from Kit! Really looking forward to START 2022 in Blairsville!

• Like 7

Great time at the Fall ART with you all. My first, but hopefully not my last BMW ST rally. Many thanks to the BBR team for putting on a great event and Boxflyer for his awesome mechanical skills! See ya in Blairsville for START.

Sammy Groover

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1

Home.  11 hour ride, but just gorgeous scenery.  I let the Garmin take me on a bunch of roads I had never been on.  Thanks all for putting on a great FART!

• Like 4

What a great event. My first one in two years ... one of the best I recall. Well done to Dave and ART Team. Thanks for the routes and especially the additional Coffee waypoints, Bernie. A group of us took advantage of one in Abingdon Fri and then Terri and i met up at one of them in West Jefferson on the way home today.

Was restorative in the extreme to meet up with long time friends. It was also great to see so many newer attendees. Would like to have had more time getting to know more of them at the dinner Friday. Will have to wait til next spring at Blairsville. 

Liked the tables, chairs, and tents very much. Although we didnt need the tents, had the rain persisted, those would have been REALLY convenient. 

Randy, sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. 

Cheers to All!

• Like 6

Great time, thanks to all who made it happen!  My buddy Bob had our lovely T-Shirts made, if anyone is interested in one please reach out to Bob @ bobandjodi@roadrunner.com.

See you in Blairsville! 

• Like 3

Sorry for the late check-in. I made it "home" to the land of flat yesterday about 4 PM. I needed this time, this event and to see my people more than I knew. Time on the bike always resets me, this was far from an exception. A great and highly personal thanks to all that rode with me this weekend. I know I was a bit off and probably wasn't the best company. As always, I look forward to the next one.

A special thanks to David, all the planners (yes, you too Bernie ;) ) and the backroad bumblers. This event had something I haven't felt in a while, the soul of some of the events past. What a great weekend. :)

Shawn

IMG_20210923_072402808.jpg

IMG_20210923_072409131.jpg

IMG_20210923_112238316_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210924_114004942.jpg

IMG_20210924_191202897_HDR.jpg

• Like 12
13 hours ago, Toter said:

Back home in Jasper, GA at 5:15 pm. Had to stop and plug my buddy Don's rear tire on the BRP. We went through a 300 yard stretch of gravel and a rock punctured the tire. To our surprise, his tire also had a ten inch stretch of cord showing. He limped home to Sugar Hill, GA and arrived safely. 

This was our first FART, and we would like to thank all the folks that make these events possible. Sorry, we did not understand the EndoBob pizza night, or would have partaken, and contributed funds. Really enjoyed all the great routes and riding. Thanks for all the efforts by Bernie, IndyDave, and everyone else that spent the time to discover, and map them out. They were all very enjoyable rides. Enjoyed meeting a bunch of the guys and gals. Really enjoyed walking around with a bourbon and talking to you guys. Everyone was very friendly and talkative. Makes you not feel like an outsider, even though we were both Noobs. Got a great deal on a Rotopax for my DR-Z 400S from Kit! Really looking forward to START 2022 in Blairsville!

The Saturday night I saw you buddies tire on the 1600 and said Crap! I hope he makes it home. It was great running into both of you at the Gas station.

Alan

• Like 6
John Ranalletta

Home after family visit in W/Salem.  Terrific event in every respect.  Thanks for the informal leadership, work, time and $ from the organizers.  Looking forward to Blairsville in the spring and Driftin' in June.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Looking forward to Blairsville in the spring.

I’m gonna feel like a jerk if I say “out” sometime over the next few months but right now, I gots some planning to do! :yes:

image.thumb.jpeg.7c48f3270ebcf91a84e30e679b4f00cf.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Smile 1