IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) Sparta, NC 2021

Indy Dave

It’s all fun and ride until somebody craps a Final Drive. I want to thank everyone for their condolences. Thanks to Brad for the new bushings , and Shawn for all the help he offered

1B4F218E-C113-4129-B393-998D3411C299.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

It’s all fun and ride until somebody craps a Final Drive. I want to thank everyone for their condolences. Thanks to Brad for the new bushings , and Shawn for all the help he offered

So sorry to hear about that. Hope you're able to make it home okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I knew you would figure out my dry humor.   Hope you get 'er fixed properly.  Go have a GREAT cup of coffee on me!!

I would not have done that if you did not have a great sense of humor.   Cheers!

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

You broke your bike?

Wow, @taylor1, you must have really had to drown your sorrows on Saturday night? :beer:

Did you only wake up today, or did the motel kick you out? :3:

I am sorry that your bike broke, but at least you know your shocks are working.

I hope to see you with a repaired bike at START 2022.

• Like 3

Ya Rode from home and all was well. 2 days later was riding and the bike felt a little squirrelly. Kind of like a rear tire with low pressure Next morning I unscrewed my final drive minder and there were chunks of metal stuck to the magnet parked it. Went home got my truck and trailer and headed back tomorrow.  Hope all is good with you Dennis

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
22 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Ya Rode from home and all was well. 2 days later was riding and the bike felt a little squirrelly. Kind of like a rear tire with low pressure Next morning I unscrewed my final drive minder and there were chunks of metal stuck to the magnet parked it. Went home got my truck and trailer and headed back tomorrow.  Hope all is good with you Dennis

Beemerboneyard has like three of those...

R1150R/RS/RT Final Drive, 31/11, ABS, 28K Miles

• Like 1

Oops, hit send too soon.  Just wanted to pass along my thanks to Nikki for getting this great photo of the FART group and ignoring all the guff with the photo management!  Thank you!  Will be blowing this up and framing it for my office.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
Hi Everyone

Lovely to see you all. Grateful thanks for a fun few days  Below links to two Dropbox Folders. Please help yourself to whatever takes your fancy.  Just a heads up that there are 2 folders as there are a couple of duplicate image numbers and to ensure continuity through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday a.m. 

Let me know if you have any problems downloading. 
Thanks
Nikki 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Ditto.  Me too.  Tried on my Mac, and also on my iPhone.  Got this message on my Mac:

"Error (404).  Can't Find The Page You're Looking For".

Hi All,

Sorry for the problems. I received an email that my links have been temporaily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Apparently too many people are looking and downloading. In all the years of using Dropbox I've never come across this nonsense. Unfortunately I can't deal with it now as I'm on my way to an install. If you want send me a message with your email addresses and later today I can send you the link seperately. Once again my apologies, Nikki  

56 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

I get error messages when I click on these links.

Hi Randy,

Sorry for the problems. I received an email that my links have been temporaily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Apparently too many people are looking and downloading. In all the years of using Dropbox I've never come across this nonsense. Unfortunately I can't deal with it now as I'm on my way to an install but will get to it later. Once again my apologies, Nikki  

13 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

A room already?   How?  Inquiring minds

Probably reserved a room at all the Blairsville hotels making sure he's got the right one booked:18:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Kenikki said:

Hi Randy,

Sorry for the problems. I received an email that my links have been temporaily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Apparently too many people are looking and downloading. In all the years of using Dropbox I've never come across this nonsense. Unfortunately I can't deal with it now as I'm on my way to an install but will get to it later. Once again my apologies, Nikki  

No worries.  They should be available later when the frenzy dies down.

• 2 weeks later...

A few Final Details for FARTers.

1. The BackRoad Bumbler Award goes to Twistyguy (Peter) and Motorkas (Bukasa)! You can check with them for details - the nuts and bolts of it is that they were on The Blue Ridge Parkway (MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS :ohboy::grin:), and they found themselves caught up by a slow moving 4 car convoy for miles. Once a passing lane opened up, they hustled and passed all four cars at once. As hard as they tried, they could not pass all four cars without slightly exceeding the posted speed limit. And . . . Wait For It . . . the lead car turned out to be . . . . an unmarked Lawman! Like any seasoned BackRoad Bumbler, smooth talking was the rule of the day! :old:  :dance:

IMG_6240.thumb.jpg.eb20325e37b5b0e7780a746cc8a30ba1.jpg

2) START details will be posted within the next few days.  Thanks one and all and we hope to see you all at START!

Your Obedient Servants,

The Bumbling BackRoad Riders

3) Here's the FART/Sparta Video. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
On 10/14/2021 at 2:17 PM, wbw6cos said:

Very appropriate song to end with.   Great video!  Thank you for putting it together.  

Agreed on all three points!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

***ADDENDUM***

I forgot to post an update on the generous donations FARTer's contributed to help offset some running deficits. 

We were down $408.77 from the last  3 ART's, which included $161 from Thursday's Pizza Night in Sparta. Once made aware of this, you donated $528 (including a $20 donation made an hour ago!) - and that leaves us with a surplus of $119.23. :4316::5170:

Thank you all very much - we'll use the leftover funds to cover the stickers, etc for the next event.

PS: When Endobob came up with the idea for Pizza Night, he offered to cover any shortage in the event there was one. Kinsley and I liked to keep things simple and less formal - so we decided to begin with a minimum initial order of pizzas - and then we would make a second order based on how many showed up. That worked perfectly and we had $20-$30 extra after passing the hat. We used the remaining funds to help offset minor expenses - like prizes, the business cards we provided to help spread the word about the ART's and BMWST.com, etc. Since it worked the first time - we just continued doing it that way and it always worked out fine. This year was the exception.

We will probably make some changes going forward - but the take away is: Thanks very much for your generous support!!

Also - thanks for the feedback on the video - it was fun to make. But it's YOUR photos that make it meaningful - so please remember to take and share your photos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I left out one important detail about Pizza night in Sparta! :ohboy: In Sparta, due to PJ's being short handed, they needed us to order the pizza first thing in the morning on Thursday - so we didn't have the luxury making an initial minimum order, and then a supplemental order once we had a head count.

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 3
  • Indy Dave unpinned this topic