IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) Sparta, NC 2021

Indy Dave

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I’m in, for START. :spittake:

Wow, only 7 months to go.  Do you know anything about the location?   Do tell.  Inquiring minds.

15 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Meal reminder - Reserve your spots by sending in your $16.99 per-person. If something comes up last minute and you can't attend, your money will be refunded if you cancel by Sept.17. If you cancel after that, we most likely can get you a refund, but no promises.

34486944_2021FARTSpartaeventdetailsR5.thumb.jpg.c3405ef2899fdd126ffdd28244c8b094.jpg

I guess @Indy Dave did not forget, that I suggested of leading a group ride. :wave:

So if anyone is interested or wants more details about this ride, please reply in the separate thread.

I will need a head count, so I can plan the ride. It will be one of the routes published for FART 2021.

This is not a newbies ride or training ride. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’m in, for START. :spittake:

I think you're breathing too much outta the SCBAs,.....cause this is the wrong thread,.....this is FART

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I think you're breathing too much outta the SCBAs,.....cause this is the wrong thread,.....this is FART

Pat is just trying to make sure he is first in line for START 2022.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Pat is just trying to make sure he is first in line for START 2022.

He's house hunting!!

• Like 2
Just now, Rougarou said:

He's house hunting!!

Maybe if gets a nice enough place, we have FART 2022 at his place. I am sure he knows how to build a big enough fire to BBQ some stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Maybe if gets a nice enough place, we have FART 2022 at his place. I am sure he knows how to build a big enough fire to BBQ some stuff.

Doubtful,....he's only good at putting them out

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Doubtful,....he's only good at putting them out

True dat, I can’t start a fire to save my life! Well I can, but I have to do this! :P (that’s biting my tongue and trying really hard) 

Not wanting to step in on a dance already in progress but, as soon as the location is announced, I’ll be googling all the best goat paths in the area! Goat paths are not usually paved BTW. :grin:

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Plus, he will need a nice plot of land to park his big ole something-ending-in-model-year #9 pick up truck.  :thumbsup:

A bit of a running joke at work has been I was scheduled to have another kid in 2019. My Kid’s birthdates are 1999 (new truck) 2009 (new truck) 2014 (new truck no new kid) :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
On 8/31/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lone_RT_rider said:

This past weekend I got in a bit of a tune up ride on Sunday morning. I'm really looking forward to this years FART. :)

IMG_20210829_102448944.jpg

@Lone_RT_rider And here I was thinking you were going to have to change your board name . . . Nice bike! :18:

• Like 1

A few years back I installed Ohlins F R  shocks on my 1150rt. They were set up from the factory with the specs. I gave them. I could tell a big difference from the old OEM's. I do believe though they are not optimum. My question : Is there anyone going to Fart that has experience setting them up and willing to help me .I could certainly read and attempt myself , but it would be great if some one with experience walks me through this. We would do this at your leisure . TIA  Dave

Hi Dave,

I'll try to give you a hand with this on either Thursday or Friday morning before I start with the Tech Day Demos on the ShiftHead and Classic WetHead.

There are only a couple of adjustments for you to do, one being the spring adjustment for pre-load ride height.  I'll look for my 2 piece set of lock ring spanners needed for screwing these large tang nuts around the body of the rear shock.

We will also need the instructions supplied with the shocks that show any adjustment screws that will allow fine tuning of the damping and rebound possibly.

Those instructions should give you some indication of what the sag should be set to.

With all those specs in hand, it should take only a few minutes to adjust. 

Brad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

A few years back I installed Ohlins F R  shocks on my 1150rt. They were set up from the factory with the specs. I gave them. I could tell a big difference from the old OEM's. I do believe though they are not optimum. My question : Is there anyone going to Fart that has experience setting them up and willing to help me .I could certainly read and attempt myself , but it would be great if some one with experience walks me through this. We would do this at your leisure . TIA  Dave

Dave, pull out a tool and stand by your RT, it will draw a crowd! Seriously, do you have a remote preload adjuster on the rear? If so, at least setting the pre load on the rear is too easy.  If not I think we can still get a hook wrench (Tennessee definition) on the rear shock.  Seems like I had to take off the front strut to adjust the preload on the front but it's been 15 years ago since I did this on my 1150RT. We will also need a tape measure. I'll be glad to help. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike and Brad ,  I will bring tape measure and the spanner, hook,  LOL , that came with the front. I do have the preload on the rear. I have stiffened it up with 

Linda on the back , which is once in a blue moon , and softened it when not. pretty much did it blindly and not counting the turns. I do have the literature that came with them.
Beverage of choice will be on me .  Hear That Pat !  LOL

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Beverage of choice will be on me .  Hear That Pat !  LOL

Thanks Dave, but you’ve got to ink the deal first. ;) 

• Like 1

Looking for a room for FART '21?      I have a double-bed room and one bed is available, just share room cost.    If interested, please PM me here.  jb

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Beamer Brian said:

I have my room Wed to Sunday. Where do I go to sign up? Can't seem to find a link. 

Beamer Brian

Hi Brian - we're all friends here and we have a very, very complicated and complex registration system. So far, no link has been found strong enough too work for our complex system! :4296::rofl:

So one just posts here in the thread that they are coming, and when. That's it!

Don't forget to Paypal for Friday Dinner and BackRoad Bumbler Contest!

Glad you're coming, see you on Wed!

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 2

17 days . . . and we still have time for you :4907:   so come on  - the roads are fine and the people are too (mostly :stir::rofl::whistle:)    ( @TEWKS) !

And so is the water - and as long as you don't follow me, you won't end up in it :5150:

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2f2fc57e-7522-434e-a638-edc440ad1c0f

945500945_dinnerSept5.thumb.jpg.346a807fa6bb84d2a37232c951f04a91.jpg

1679481704_whosgoingtofartinSparta2021pg1finalSept1.thumb.jpg.a41b333a5d31ee417da3e1260bfbaad3.jpg

929417134_Whosgoingpg2sparta2021Sept5.thumb.jpg.c1653068d0e3bf7b7a24cb85238bce60.jpg

whos going to fart in Sparta 2021 pg 3 Sept 5.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 1
On 8/31/2021 at 8:44 PM, Boxflyer said:

I'm bringing my NoMar Tire changer and lift to FART in Sparta.

I have about 6 sets of new tires, but if you need some installed and balanced while in Sparta, better buy them and let me know.

There will also be Cam Timing and Valve check Tech Sessions. 

One each for the "Classic" WetHead as well as the ShiftCam WetHead.

Let me know if anyone wants anything special done to their bikes.

Brad 

FYI, for those of you that are interested (even if you ain't  :dontknow:)  I have made a service appointment with Brad for a full 12k pm on my 2019 R 1250 RT for his Tech Day demo for the Shift Cam.  Come one, come all for those Shift Cam owners that have not experienced Tech Demo for this motor!   You will get to see Miss Grace in all her glory.  You won't be disappointed, or your money back.  Guaranteed.  :read:

Originally, my main concern was the FD splines inspection to see how they look.  Due to the mileage approaching the 24k mile mark and Tech Day Demo timing - no brainer.  Brad is more than happy to help.   :yes:

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

Glad you are going to meet all these folks that I have been telling you about...

Back on Pg. 4 of this thread was where the instructions for payment for the meal were published.

FART 2021 Meal Plans

...otherwise send $16.99 to Dave Douglass via PayPal Family and Friends:

startfarting@gmail.com

Brad

• Like 2
4 hours ago, scurry said:

Done

Welcome Steve - You've been added to the attending list and dinner list - I'll post updated lists tomorrow! I've heard a lot about you and I look forward to meeting you!

BTW - for the Appalachian Riding Tours [START and FART] or just ART's - the first post in the current event thread should contain all hotel, meal and current information, including route download links. While that information is posted in the body of the thread as it happens -  pertinent event information (announcements, etc) are also added to the first post of the event threads for easier reference.

@scurry

• Like 1

I hate that I am missing this ART.  Especially the tech day demo on William's 1250RT.  Have a great time everyone.  Hopefully I will see you at START.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to read about that Ron.   Stay tuned and we will keep you up to date via the world wide web.   

Hope to see you at the lunches.  Yeah, that's right -  those are coming up, starting in October!   Ooo wee, time is moving right along.   

Or as the saying goes:

1908871795_downloadtictac.png.67bec2b9e59ffdb11732ce931e34a945.png

15 days and a wake-up!

download (3).jfif

1 hour ago, scurry said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I can't imagine what you might have heard though:)

It s not as bad as it sounds.

SC

Post up a picture so we now who to pester at the event. :-)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Not quite time to start packing...

You still have time to join us @Dennis Andress  :wave:  :bike:

Updated attending and dinner list:

835392496_dinnerspet6R.thumb.jpg.5a3b777b1058e3119ca9e33ee34affe6.jpg

As of Sept. 6

1679481704_whosgoingtofartinSparta2021pg1finalSept1.thumb.jpg.a41b333a5d31ee417da3e1260bfbaad3.jpg

929417134_Whosgoingpg2sparta2021Sept5.thumb.jpg.c1653068d0e3bf7b7a24cb85238bce60.jpg

417934942_whosgoingtofartinSparta2021pg3Sept6sm.thumb.jpg.47b0b7d349f3c6240c244d4c7aaaf67f.jpg