IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) April 22-26 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

On 1/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, Matts_12GS said:

Ok, gang... Put me on the Hall Pass list. Things look like it could work out. 

Ok, take me off the Hall Pass list. 

And put me and TangoWright on the Arriving Wednesday list!!:bike::bike:

• Like 5

Definitely want to keep an eye on this! I bought a place in Franklin, NC last fall and it’s pretty close to this gathering. Currently have the RT stashed there and am anxiously awaiting the warmer weather. This would be a great opportunity to meet some of the nice folks that frequent this site. Do any of the members here ever camp at these gatherings?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, MariettaMark said:

Do any of the members here ever camp at these gatherings?

Hey Mark,

Some of the members used to camp, but over time most people have decided to stay at the hotel of choice because the social interaction is a huge part of our weekend. People will be out in the parking lot before Sunrise and some stay up late in the evenings with adult beverages. Either way, we hope you'll join us for all or part of START 2020.

• Like 1

Wondering what to get your spouse for Valentines Day? Well Brother, your problems are solved! Give her the gift of peace, quiet and restful nights without your snoring! Give her the gift of your sacrifice by attending START and giving you both some needed 'me' time!

Spring is getting closer, Welcome back Todd, Rick, Charles and John! :thumbsup:

Edit: MariettaMark - We hope you can join us!

As of Feb. 11

1404127199_2020startattendingJan29pg1.jpg.4209a94f88b29bc6c89f81e2d7ea5786.jpg

1823796745_2020startattendingFeb11rpg2.jpg.632bb80792a8c12fd8e0f882dfe6f3a8.jpg

20977589_2020startattendingFeb11pg3.jpg.c6c5a6d8b50a6bdae2619d30a1e36d12.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
added Mark
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, RandyShields said:

Not as long as it takes Chris K!

On 1/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Chris K said:

Well in that case put me down for arriving on Wednesday!

Well . . . I was just checking to see if anyone would notice Mr. K was absent from the list. Ya, that's it! :90:  Mr. K joined in after being assured wine was available in the vicinity. :beer:

1134716621_2020startattendingFeb20pg2r.jpg.0be5a8076faa6e3f4a0038e9eb40745e.jpg

37687998_2020startattendingFeb11pg3.jpg.d1808e91f4e3e8713995c7ef6171c977.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Well, we have to let Mr. Kinney off the hook and with that one and question Indy Dave's steno skills.  No issues since it gets us one more rider!

1 hour ago, Foot said:

Hey that's Foot Alan not Foote, Steve :4607:

Indy Dave has been asking me to double his salary from $0.0 to $00.00...I was going to do that, but he doesn't know his left Foot from his right Foote :3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Well, if the shoe fits . . .  I'm heading out on the Camhead  Sunday for  NC , and normally I'd say the ride will make me right again :revit: (understand. .  that's a relative term), but now I'm wondering if I'll end up in North Charleston or National City . . . :ohboy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ok, looks like I'm in for this one! Hope you all can tolerate a Triumph in the mix! Maybe my wife will come (still undecided), so that we at least have one BMW in the crowd..

• Like 4

We look forward to seeing you and hope your wife can make it as well. We accept all brands as long as they come with nice people...you just have to know someone, or have a cousin who once had a BMW :)

• Like 2

Here's a look back at 2019's Big Fart - Introducing The Official 2019 Fllijay Fall Appalachian Riding Tour Review:

(Remember to crank up the video resolution)

• Like 8

** ADMINISTRIVIA ** 

3 weeks until our room block is released. Currently we have 1 Dbl Queen and 10 full size dbls left in our block. Remember, you can cancel with 24hr notice. I'll re-post the hotel info slide at the bottom of this post, but remember - the first post of the event thread will always contain the information you need and is updated with the most recent information.

Here's a quick tour of the hotel parking lot - note plenty of trailer parking in the back. 95% of front parking area in front of the rooms is flat - Indy Jerry and I parked there on our test visit - no problem at all. Notice the pool and hot tub deck area. Also, there is a bar and grill that opens daily at 4pm adjacent to the lobby.

A hop, skip and jump away are a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesdays. On the main drag, to the South you have Walmart, and across the street and to the North you have all kinds of fast food, a liquor store and multiple gas convenience stores with beer, etc.

Looking South, hotel on right with blue roof:

20200225_160111.thumb.jpg.3efabd72c1d3091ac717938bc05e8d63.jpg

Looking North

20200225_160056.thumb.jpg.9be23ffb28acfd6f79e1c4025331ae0c.jpg

Ride around the hotel Parking Lot:

As of March 1:

2006552330_2020startattendingFeb29pg2.jpg.471c564076bcb17b965c3d8900f35ba0.jpg

1366510944_2020startattendingFeb29pg3.jpg.9c6830d5c6af38b391dce24d160bd7e4.jpg

Hotel event info:

300014060_2020STARTinfofinalrevA.jpg.4e6bb35a20be38d78351306a11110694.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for scouting Dave...I think you deserve a raise, so tack on another 0 onto your salary :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
RandyShields

Thanks Dave.  I am very worried about the Corona virus and the impact on this gathering.  So, I strongly advise everyone to leave their Corona beer at home and buy something else when you get to the event!  Corona sales are already down 38%, which is not nearly enough to defeat this nasty bug.  

corona-beer virus.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Dave and Team, please put Michelle and I arriving Thursday night- looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a week and a few days since the new hip was installed.  Walking a bit with a cane, and feeling better each day.  Looking forward to the START.  If I can not ride by then, I will be able to give folks rides in the truck!  At the very least, Susan (Scout7) will get some riding in.  Looking forward to the better weather ahead!

• Like 3
RandyShields
1 hour ago, scout6 said:

Been a week and a few days since the new hip was installed.  Walking a bit with a cane, and feeling better each day.  Looking forward to the START.  If I can not ride by then, I will be able to give folks rides in the truck!  At the very least, Susan (Scout7) will get some riding in.  Looking forward to the better weather ahead!

Will be great to see you again on our SE turf!  

• Thanks 1
On 3/1/2020 at 3:29 PM, RandyShields said:

Thanks Dave.  I am very worried about the Corona virus and the impact on this gathering.  So, I strongly advise everyone to leave their Corona beer at home and buy something else when you get to the event!  Corona sales are already down 38%, which is not nearly enough to defeat this nasty bug.  

Corona virus doesn't live in 60% abv....   just say'in.  I'm going with barrel proof selections.:18:

• Like 4
9 hours ago, scout6 said:

You'll be able to ride, not sure about how comfortable you'll be for how long though. Glad you're healing up and feeling stronger, my new hips brought the joy back to riding again! See you both soon!

The Warm Weather is arriving and the Hoosier boys have been out twice in the last week -  a record for us as a group. Air up those tires - or take advantage of the great rebates out there this month and get your baby a new pair of shoes! :bike::revit: Time to start getting the cobwebs out of your machine and body!

2111709783_2020startattendingMar10pg1.jpg.efc4b1b140e06b3d3f7cdc208f6c4a00.jpg

1365624337_2020startattendingMar10pg2.jpg.1d7d658f014603085fe7f7c12ac3e0e4.jpg

21731454_2020startattendingMar10pg3.jpg.fa16e202468ca8393cf27f16ee9a3cff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Corona for me...if it's not 12 yrs old, I wouldn't like it!  I'm really looking forward to START, since I might know at least 4 people this time.....:19:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, if you can remember real names as opposed to screen names.  :5146:

Kinsley has been working on a solution for just this very challenge! A prototype has been acquired and we will be showcasing it at START!

John Ranalletta
11 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Kinsley has been working on a solution for just this very challenge! A prototype has been acquired and we will be showcasing it at START!

At START in Sparta, we handed out name tags.  Some of those may still be hiding in tank bags.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

Ah, just being cheeky.  I still have my FART '19 name tag.  So i got that going for me, which is nice.  It may seem a little awkward wearing it at the START.  :5146:

• Like 1
RecentConvert

Terry and Candi Noteboom are arriving Wednesday and leaving Saturday or Sunday.  Looking forward to meeting this group.  

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

You'll be able to ride, not sure about how comfortable you'll be for how long though. Glad you're healing up and feeling stronger, my new hips brought the joy back to riding again! See you both soon!

The Warm Weather is arriving and the Hoosier boys have been out twice in the last week -  a record for us as a group. Air up those tires - or take advantage of the great rebates out there this month and get your baby a new pair of shoes! :bike::revit: Time to start getting the cobwebs out of your machine and body!

Thanks for the well wishes and sharing knowledge.  Doctor visit today says that I can start walking without the walker, and should be up to travel next month, and possibly riding!  See you in Tennessee.

• Like 4
terryofperry
16 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

No Corona for me...if it's not 12 yrs old, I wouldn't like it!  I'm really looking forward to START, since I might know at least 4 people this time.....:19:

14 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, if you can remember real names as opposed to screen names.  :5146:

13 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Ah, just being cheeky.  I still have my FART '19 name tag.  So i got that going for me, which is nice.  It may seem a little awkward wearing it at the START.  :5146:

Welcome to your first START/FART BamaJohn, we look forward to meeting the new you. :18:

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, RecentConvert said:

Terry and Candi Noteboom are arriving Wednesday and leaving Saturday or Sunday.  Looking forward to meeting this group.  

Terry and Candi - Great News, welcome and we look forward to meeting you both! If we're lucky, @John Ranalletta will make you both a name tag!

Tic-toc . . .

I only drink Corona if it's the only beer offered with my Mexican food.  As one of my favorite breweries says, If God wanted us to filter our beer, He wouldn't have given us livers. :)

But all kidding aside, almost 45 years with diabetes does put me in one of those high-risk categories so I'm watching it closely.  Italy went from <600 cases to total lock-down in 11 days and I expect we'll know how things are progressing (or not) here within the next week or two.  PSA: there's a lot of misinformation out there so make sure you're checking/following multiple sources!

• Like 1
RandyShields

Today, NC Governor Roy Cooper ordered the indefinite closure of NC bars and restaurants.  Take out still allowed.  There are questions about the legality of the order, but it is likely that most establishments will comply.

While not an official gathering, per se, I hope the local gubment officials will not mess with the START.  I suppose it is still  possible to have Endobobdds Pizza Night, Friday Night Dinner, and evening parking lot gatherings with everyone keeping a safe distance away from each other.  Am I right?

• Like 1