IGNORED

UnRally V -- The Return to Gunnison: Excited chatter thread!

Tasker

AdventurePoser

I sure wish I could go...it's only a few miles from Glendora CA. But, midweek, while closing down a school??

Dream on... bncry.gif

Steve

And Peter wins the prize - he gets to pay my towing bill and 4 hours of labour at a BMW dealership, plus a new filter. Water probably came from more then one source - the collar at the top of the gas tank never seems to drain properly.

Anyway, nice ride through SW New Hampshire, NW Mass, the Catskills of NY, and the Pocono region of Penn yesterday. On to Skyline Drive and the BRP today to Roanoke this evening.

Gotta say the last two days have been some of the best riding EVER. Cool (on the Blue Ridge), with a nice cool breeze. No traffic on Skyline Drive and the BRP, but lots of fauna (a dozen deer, one black bear cub and one snake). Man, I gotta get someone to lead the way next time to get the deer to clear. One fawn wouldn''t move until I was right on top of the thing blaring away with the horns.

I'm at the right latitude now, but there looks like a whole lotta nothin' west of here until the Rockies.

Mike Cassidy

I'm at the right latitude now, but there looks like a whole lotta nothin' west of here until the Rockies.

Mike Cassidy

We got some of that out here in the Rockies too, ya know. South Pass between Lander and Farson:

70283752-M.jpg

Difference is that the roads lead to places like this after a few miles:

67357028-M.jpg

Glad you're back on the road and it wasn't something more serious, Mike! Ride safe!

Doug

Alright Mike, that is wonderful news, my boss figuers I'm worthless now and has told me to leave town by 3 AM friday or i'm fired grin.gif Not really fired, but I do agree that my mind IS NOT at work... Bike is packed, I need a shower as I've done a 14 hour day to catch up and in a few hours I'm outta here clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

And Peter wins the prize - he gets to pay my towing bill and 4 hours of labour at a BMW dealership, plus a new filter. Water probably came from more then one source - the collar at the top of the gas tank never seems to drain properly.

.......Mike Cassidy

One word: canisterectomy.

Put it on my "account", Mike. My "consulting fee" should just about cover it. wink.gif

Glad it wasn't worse; too bad it wasn't something you could find and fix on the road. We look forward to meeting you next week.

AdventurePoser
Aw c'mon Steve - its just around the corner for you. Are you getting too old for this?

Hey, if it was over a weekend, you'd see me for dinner one night. It's only 875 miles from G-Town. It's the midweek scheduling that does me in! blush.gif

Steve in So Cal

Dennis Andress

I was supposed to replace the back tire yesterday but UPS missed the delivery. Plan B was Irv Seaver’s which had an Azzaro in stock so I scheduled myself for 8:00 this morning. Then I got a flat last night. I found a big gash in the back tire. Two plugs went in way too easily; I should have used all three. Five or six miles later I’m calling a tow truck. I guess UPS did me a favor…

I’m packing tonight and heading out tomorrow morning for Wichita Falls, Texas. After visiting an old friend I will try to hook up with limecreek and Whip Sunday morning. I think I’ll ride up Pikes Peak on Monday.

Ya’ll ride good. I’ll see you in Gunnison.

We're outta here...now, 8:15 am Friday.

Off to meet G Floyd, then Des Moines to Lincoln....

Hot...storms?

See you out there boys and girls.

A week off the computer...I can DO this. grin.gif

Jeff and Barb

Missouri Bob

I'm pretty excited about this. My first BMW rally since I sold my /2 ten years ago, and my first UnRally ever. I'll be the nerdly guy carrying a notebook, and asking lots of questions.

Bob

I'll be the nerdly guy carrying a notebook, and asking lots of questions.
How will we recognize you from everybody else? grin.gif
aTennesseebmw22

Just under 24 hours til departure I am really feeling it now!!!! Everything mostly packed or heading in that direction. I cant keep from dreaming about those roads in CO especially after looking at some of the posted routes.

NOW to pull myself away from the World Cup Matches, thank you TIVO. I will stop and watch tommorrows USA match somewhere.

Everyone stay safe. See you in Gunny

David.

Slumgullion

Chris K, Randy Up in Smoke and yours truely just crossed the Tn River headed to Gunnison. Randy's plan...oh heck with Randy's plan. The Lord willin' we will be there tomorrow aft. If we don't kill each other! grin.gif

I'm just getting to packing now after dealing with a last minute server issue blush.gif

Now just have to get to sleep at a reasonable hour... I can never sleep well the night before any trip.

thumbsup.gif

Still excited, but ...

One co-captain of Team Schnauzer will be delayed in getting underway, as his bike decided to crap out its starter this afternoon. Kudos to the service department at Northern Colorado BMW Ducati, who put a tech right on it when I had to trailer in to the shop at ~4:20pm. A new starter was ordered and should arrive Tuesday a.m., with hopes that I can still be underway by noon. Good thing it isn't far.

Heidi and the rest of the Team will still depart Monday morning in the Tour Bus to stake out our site at the KOA.

The weather here seems nearly perfect. Sunny, hot during the day, 40's at night.

Looks like it will stay that way for awhile.

FWIW, the run down CO65 from I70, eventually ending up in Gunnison is wonderful. See ya when you get here... wave.gif

Almost packed now. I am off to the North Rim and then will be at the KOA late Tuesday Afternoon.

Stoked!!!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif76238566-S.jpg

Archived