IGNORED

2016 Official College Football Thread

mrduck

Then, we'll beat up the Crimson slide in ATL

Hell if the Buckeyes from the weak ass Big Ten conference can do it with a 3rd string QB the Gators have no excuse not to come away with a win. :rofl:

GO BUCKS!

Then, we'll beat up the Crimson slide in ATL

Hell if the Buckeyes from the weak ass Big Ten conference can do it with a 3rd string QB the Gators have no excuse not to come away with a win. :rofl:

GO BUCKS!

JADY = Just another delusional yankee

Meanwhile, I'm not even here, so don't mind me. My boys quietly shut out their last 2 opponents. No big deal, they won't amount to much. Ho-hum.

See you all in January, baby :Cool:

Meanwhile, I'm not even here, so don't mind me. My boys quietly shut out their last 2 opponents. No big deal, they won't amount to much. Ho-hum.

See you all in January, baby :Cool:

Must be in the division nobody cares about...

No, not the big 10 plus a couple, the PAC12.

How about them Gators!

I'm looking forward to beating up on Mizzou today. The gators are looking mighty good coming into this game.

And how about those longhorns?

I finally watched a few games this season. My Frogs are winning games, but many of the wins are ugly, like today's win over Kansas State. I really enjoy the last minute nail-biter games.

I always wanted to go to UT, but got such a good offer from TCU that I went there instead. Was good to see the Longhorns get their act together and take out Oklahoma.

Finally, was proud of the Utes for taking down Cal this evening. Was a pretty exciting game. Utah's defense looked very good with at least 2 interceptions and a couple of sacks. Fun game to watch.

I'm pulling for the Frogs to finally win another National Championship. It's been a long time coming.

Edit: Meanwhile the Oregon Ducks continue their long slide into obscurity. Quack?

Let me tell you guys what: if Michigan beats Michigan State next Saturday, I'm taking over this thread! It's MINE. Michigan will dispense with Wisconsin, Penn State, all the others, and then it's the Date with Destiny: Ohio State Buckeyes.

Just hope Michigan doesn't roll, or you won't be able to shut me up. All you guys will be reporting me to the moderators in hopes they kick me out :smile:

Started the season unranked, now at #12 in the AP Poll. Florida is enjoying a mighty fine rise as well. Nice. Should make this game with LSU a real doozie!

Meanwhile, in Michigan....

:Cool:

Kinda makes you wonder what the Utah-Michigan score would have been had the game been played in Ann Arbor....

Brian - What's up with UCF - 0-6 Because of O'Leary's double roll as Coach and AD???

They suck and he just quit the AD gig. Injuries, tons of underclassman and a bunch of kids the last 2 years now in the NFL.

so the old ball coach is gonna play golf, USC is party school for coaches as well and Duke cracked the top 25.

Great games tonight. Auburn barely gets by Kentucky, and Stanford is blowing out UCLA! All pre-game stuff for me. The real game begins this Saturday at 3:30pm EST on ESPN, baby :Cool: I'll be switching channels between this game and the Alabama @ Aggies game.

Penn State @ Ohio State, USC @ Notre Dame--man, this is my time of year :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw that. Amazing catch!

And to think of all those instances where the receiver is all alone and simply has to grab the ball having right in front of them, bouncing off their chest, and they drop the go ahead touchdown.

The problem with some of those easy catches is that you have too much time to think about it, and stress over it. I've often thought about how I would handle myself in a big event that was televised nationally.

Johnny J

It was a surprise to see the Old Ball Coach leave USC mid season. I think his rationale about not creating end of year controversy is pretty sound. He will be back someplace on the sideline, it's in him.

My gators have a longer row this week than planned thanks to a knuckleheaded move by a young athlete pushing himself the wrong way to get better.

Treon can get the job done as QB, it's a huge coming out party for him. I think that since Grier can still workout and practice with the team during his suspension, he might be a great peer coach for our remaining QBs. Time and defense will tell.

I hate you guys. All of you. Don't ever talk to me again.

I quit football. I quit motorcycles. I quit, dammit!!!!

:cry::cry::cry:

I stepped away from the TV for all of maybe 2 minutes smug in my estimation that Michigan would win. I come back to the tube and see Sparty players and fans celebrating. I cannot write here what went through my mind. Mind you, I have no allegiance to either school but after watching my favorite team, the Air Force Academy, play MSU, I felt they were overrated.

I still do.

Michigan fans and Jim Harbaugh deserve better.

Beemerman2K,

You aren't the only person who got upset over the game's outcome.

"From throwing beer bottles to drunken fistfights, Michigan fans in Ann Arbor let their anger and frustration show following Michigan's last-second loss to Michigan State at the Big House."

You can read more here.

Bama collected three pick 6's today. Derrick Henry had 153 yards rushing in the 1st quarter. This against the #9 team at their house. Does anything else really matter?

What?? Why?

Work with me here. I'm just trying to talk B2K down off the ledge. :grin:

What?? Why?

Lol!

Well, I'm back on solid ground.

I remembered September of 1994, when Michigan hosted and dominated the Colorado Buffalo's all game long, when on the last play of the game, Kordell Steward, "Slash", threw a hail mary to Jerome Westbrook for the winning touchdown.

And I remember September of 2007, when Appalachian State came into the Big House to pull off a highly improbable, miracle upset over the Michigan Woverines, and embarrassment I still have to live with.

So in the grand scheme of things, I can live with this one. Michigan roundly, solidly, clearly beat the Spartans. This one kicker fell apart and gave the Spartans the victory. But let's face it, it was a gift from the football gods, so the Spartans have nothing to brag about. They got their butts handed to them, that was a one in a million victory.

Michigan likes to win their games the old fashion way, by earning it.

What?? Why?

Lol!

Well, I'm back on solid ground.

I remembered September of 1994, when Michigan hosted and dominated the Colorado Buffalo's all game long, when on the last play of the game, Kordell Steward, "Slash", threw a hail mary to Jerome Westbrook for the winning touchdown.

I earned my MBA at CU and I recall that game. I was so convinced that CU had no chance that I opted to do some yardwork while listening to the broadcast on the radio. Larry Zimmer of KOA was handling the play by play and no sooner did he announce Slash's Hail Mary pass then I let out a yell that made my neighbors wonder what I was drinking.

Thanks for the memory!

What?? Why?

Hahaha, sorry. I see he's back on solid ground, so I'm pretty relieved I didn't screw it up.

Looks like I have this weekend off. Good, I could use the time to heal after last weekends debacle.

I am of the view that Harbaugh does not one thing in light of what happened. Stick to plan, but for that fluke he had Michigan State checkmated. Help these kids learn to consider in advance how they'll handle the unexpected (and that low snap should not have been considered "unexpected"), and they'll do better going forward.

Now I hope Ohio State beats Michigan State. For that matter, I'd love to see Indiana pull of an upset this Saturday in Lansing.

I am of the view that Harbaugh does not one thing in light of what happened. Stick to plan, but for that fluke he had Michigan State checkmated. Help these kids learn to consider in advance how they'll handle the unexpected (and that low snap should not have been considered "unexpected"), and they'll do better going forward.

The only thing better that could have happened is if Mark Dantonio during the handshake after the game would have said; "What'd you think about that Jimmy" ;)

The only thing better that could have happened is if Mark Dantonio during the handshake after the game would have said; "What'd you think about that Jimmy" ;)

Have the buckos played a ranked team yet?

Have the buckos played a ranked team yet?

Yes the top two teams in the country.

20150101_235131.jpg

20150112_232011.jpg

Undisputed.jpg

20 game win streak, still number 1 but rankings don't mean anything right now, winning does. Stay tuned though because to answer your question the ranked teams are coming up, we like to save them for end of the season. Going to be tough to repeat but don't count Urban out, 45-3 so far with the Buckeyes. You know Urban Meyer, the coach you use to like and I use to dislike. :grin:

GO BUCKS!

:lurk:

Lessee, LSwho beats WKU,OSU still doesn't play anyone of merit, Free Shellfish U loses and AlaBamastan survives UT.

Gators have an extra week to practice their new kicker and backup QB before UGA and the world's largest outdoor cocktail party...

Gators advance as the UTEs and criminoles lose even though they have a bye....

It's getting good now!!

Wow, The U (Miami, that is) didn't waste any time firing Al Golden after their 58 point loss.

Courier got stuck in game day traffic, otherwise it would have been sooner.

Wow, The U (Miami, that is) didn't waste any time firing Al Golden after their 58 point loss.

Courier got stuck in game day traffic, otherwise it would have been sooner.

Priceless! I read that Miami can't afford a top $ coach. What a load. Any number of people down there could do it. Ah, the '80's.

Marty,

You know I grew up down there and started going to the Orange Bowl in the early 60's to watch UM.

Things are different, IMO, now.

No reasonable on campus facilities, no on campus stadium, no proximity for students to fill fan base.

Miami has always been fickle wrt supporting sport teams when there are so many options for outdoor/weather/recreation.

I can remember getting a free ticket to watch Oklahoma vs UM (around 1975) when Oklahoma was great and had just won a Nationala Championship, a free ticket for buying a Whopper at Burger King.

The U needs (needed) to build local stadium (55,000) close to campus. Something the students and friends could easily get to.

Until then they can't consistently fill the stadium they play in, win enough to generate legal booster monies, etc.

They still have some attraction for recruits, but the competition has upped their game wrt facilities etc. that many recruits don't get the vibe.

There's more, but that is the big issue as I look at it.

Bet I probaly saw a 100 games in the old Orange Bowl, even played there numerous times.

Things just aren't the same.

I think college footbal and the ACC needs Miami to be excellent again.

Hope it changes.

Marty,

Bet I probaly saw a 100 games in the old Orange Bowl, even played there numerous times.

Hope it changes.

I don't share your warn fuzzy feelings about the U. To me, it always appeared that they recruited from the Florida penal institutions and their only true rival was the Switzer coached Oklahoma teams - also chocked with the local cons.

Seriously, when you see college football players wearing heavy gold chains and sporting full length fur coats, you have to know something's wrong.

I'm enjoying the U's fall from grace and spend my time rooting for teams who (largely) play by the rules.

Marty,

Hope it changes.

I don't share your warn fuzzy feelings about the U. To me, it always appeared that they recruited from the Florida penal institutions and their only true rival was the Switzer coached Oklahoma teams - also chocked with the local cons.

Seriously, when you see college football players wearing heavy gold chains and sporting full length fur coats, you have to know something's wrong.

I'm enjoying the U's fall from grace and spend my time rooting for teams who (largely) play by the rules.

Those were the days. That's the U and that's Miami. We never cared what others thought. It was winning baby!

Archived