IGNORED

2016 Official College Football Thread

mrduck

Arrgh, our high school just lost State Championship final, 37-34.

QB/kicker missed a 50 yd field goal to go to OT on the last play.

:(

He is heading to UF where he'll probably start next year.

Wide reciever who made a bunch of big plays and several TD's is visiting 'Bama/UF/FSU.

Both should become stars in college.

Florida Football is so competitive. The team that beat you barely beat Hallandale (a team our HS beat 38-15 in Oct) in the semis by a score of 51-46.

My eldest daughter's HS (Aquinas) started their 7A state final just a few minutes ago. A little pregame press never hurt anyone. Heck, even Nike made some shoes for 'em.

Gotta keep some of these players home!

So I suppose I'm the only one proud of Bama for winning only it's second ever Heisman trophy. All it took was beating Herchel Walkers single season rushing record. Not bad for a kid from Yulee. (look it up)

RTR!!!

Jake,

Indeed.

And now that Will PED Grier is leaving Florida, guess that opens the way for our QB to start at UF next year.

Hoping we can win the Peach Bowl.

This senior class has won 49 games (can't find any other that has done that in FBS) and are aiming for #50.

Anyone with an FBS class that won 49 or 50 games?

This senior class has won 49 games (can't find any other that has done that in FBS) and are aiming for #50.

The Buckeyes senior class has 49 wins.

Good luck in the Peach Bowl, my money is on the Cougars. :grin:

Yes, Houston is a good team.

Probably better than most of Power 5 schools this year, maybe even better than that.

They did shutout Vandy 34-0 the week before Vandy lost to the Gators 9-7 so they have talent. Don't go 12-1 with smoke and mirrors.

We play before OSU so hope we get our 50th first.

:grin:

The Buckeyes senior class has 49 wins.

Good luck in the Peach Bowl, my money is on the Cougars. :grin:

He meant teams that actually played ranked opponents... not wussies from Cols...

He meant teams that actually played ranked opponents... not wussies from Cols...

Wow, Merry Christmas!

Here take a good look at this, doubt your gators will see it in your lifetime.

Undisputed.jpg

Were the 3-9 Owls ranked? :rofl:

Yeah, you got me on FAU...

But then again, Ole Miss was ranked, as was UGA, as was much of our schedule. Hell, we lost 3 games total in a season we were not supposed to see 6 wins. It was a good year, but Cinderella went home early.

I mean hell, MSU was your toughest team all season.

We'll see the playoffs soon enough, maybe when meyer gets over his next chest pains and temper tantrum and leaves again, maybe you guys will get back there. My gators love to beat up on you guys.

Yeah, you got me on FAU...

But then again, Ole Miss was ranked, as was UGA, as was much of our schedule. Hell, we lost 3 games total in a season we were not supposed to see 6 wins. It was a good year, but Cinderella went home early.

I mean hell, MSU was your toughest team all season.

We'll see the playoffs soon enough, maybe when meyer gets over his next chest pains and temper tantrum and leaves again, maybe you guys will get back there. My gators love to beat up on you guys.

Better check your meds, you're delusional.

Sagarin ratings with strength of schedule thru Saturday the 26th.

Florida 29

OSU 62

Look at the 4 semi-final teams S of S ratings

Alabama 4

Oklahoma 19

Clamson 43

Michigan State 42

But Power Rating has

Alabama 1

Oklahoma 2

Clemson 3

OSU 4

Stanford 5

FSU 6

TCU 7

Michigan State 8

Florida 21

Sagarin does, IMO, about the best job at rating teams relative to where they are now, not preseason rankings, taking into consideration all the things we seem to think should be.

Some times a very good team plays a poor schedule.

Would love the top 16 in these rankings to be in playoff. We'd play Mississippi (6 & 10) which ironically is who will open the next season with (on the road in Orlando).

Go Noles!

So far all my picks are losing. Florida State, USC, Texas A&M--and at this moment, Oklahoma.

C'mon 'Bama. I need you to embarrass Michigan State! Make them sorry they even dared to show up.

OK, Matt. You and I are up next as far as I'm concerned.

Michigan v Florida. A lot of food is riding on this game. May the best team win :Cool:

So why do these bowl games suck so bad? No reason for one of the top 4 to get blown out 38-zip. Something wrong in the way they still rank them or is it just the match that might bring in the most bucks? Follow the money?

I Still think teams sitting three or so weeks without contact and momentem can go flat. And at the moment looks like ND could get easily blown out.

As for me, being a west coaster, and not an east coast sports writer, I would like to see Stanford play Bama after the Nat Champ game😄 If Stanford would have played Humpty Dumpty U in their first game instead of NW they would be in the final four and not rated below Iowa who I believe had a pretty easy first part of their season. BuT then again, they could go flat and Iowa kick their butts.

terryofperry

The two best teams are playing for the championship. Simple as that. The game may still stink one way or the other but these two deserve the game.

Terry

The two best teams are playing for the championship. Simple as that. The game may still stink one way or the other but these two deserve the game.

Terry

Glad you feel that way. But if Iowa had beaten MS, they would be in the four. And they are having their asses handed to them by Stanford. And it looked like Stanford called off the dogs in the second half so it wasn't 60 zip.

So I still say, let them play and I am not convinced the best two teams are in the final. Unfortunately we will never know. Dumb system still.

terryofperry

I understand and agree Doug. Iowa was not as good as their record, neither was Michigan State, and Oklahoma lost to an inferior Texas. These teams are padding their won/loss record, are untested and when they face a good team they cannot compete.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Crap man! I was reaching for the Tabasco Sauce the whole game getting ready for a big helping of Crow! Sheesh!

I think everyone got their moneys-worth.

The three biggest plays that I saw were the onside kick, the kickoff return, and then the big play in the fourth quarter that started out as a screen pass. I thought Clemson had the receiver behind the line, and then he was around the corner and gone.

Any one of those doesn't go 'Bama's way and we're having a different discussion this morning. But they did, and the Tide are champions!

What a game! I gotta give Clemson a big hand for coming ready to play, & showing the country they were for real. Great job on their part. But...

11606149.jpeg

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

The three biggest plays that I saw were the onside kick, the kickoff return, and then the big play in the fourth quarter that started out as a screen pass. I thought Clemson had the receiver behind the line, and then he was around the corner and gone.

Any one of those doesn't go 'Bama's way and we're having a different discussion this morning. But they did, and the Tide are champions!

Ot the TD pass in the corner he had then didn't.

But that is the case in many games, right?

Congrats to the 'Bamans.

:clap:

Even if y'all had an FSU retread at QB.

:grin:

We coulda used some of that this year...

:P

Excellent game by both teams.

Only 230 days 'til we play Mississippi.

Go Noles!

that was a barn burnerfor sure. with the sec at 8-2 for the bowl season, i think we can dispel any of this crap about the big 10 being so tough...

Exciting game to watch, congrats to Bama.

My Buckeyes were just one bad game away from being in the playoffs with a chance to repeat as national champs. The 2016 season will be interesting with nine underclassmen declaring for the NFL draft. Luckily we play in a mediocre conference and have a cupcake schedule. ;)

The Gators must really suck.

OSU42-M13.jpg

M41-FL7.jpg

OSU44-ND28.jpg

Archived