IGNORED

2016 Official College Football Thread

mrduck

Man that was close. Minnesota was 6" away from upsetting Michigan. The only thing that really saved Michigan was the fact that time ran out after the 2nd down.

But you must be flying pretty high, Matt. Florida! Sent Georgia packing in a huge and decisive win. Wow, I'm impressed!

as a Duke fan there's not much to do right now. the officiating and all the delays in every game to review calls should prevent something like this from happening

I agree with Duke's coach. The NCAA should come up with a way to reverse the outcome.

It just isn't realistic. Officials miss calls, whether through being screened, misinterpreting what happened, misapplying the rules, or whatever. The problem is, it can happen at any point in the game. If it is discovered to have happened after the game, how do you decide who would have won, if it wasn't on the very last play of the game, as it was in this case? (Full disclosure, I am an official in the other kind of football, you know, the one with the round ball. In our case, if a team protests, and the officials are deemed to have misapplied the rules, the game can be replayed. Either from the time in the game when the mistake happened, or completely, depending on the Rules of the Competition.)

as a Duke fan there's not much to do right now. the officiating and all the delays in every game to review calls should prevent something like this from happening

I agree, they had the technology, took a bunch of time, and still didn't get it right. Since I root for the officials, I am very disappointed.

I'm looking forward to see which of the SEC West teams UF will face in the SEC championship.

You Big 12 fans should pay attention... These are the teams you'll be watching on New Years day in the big games.

Florida will win the SEC East.

I hope they win the SEC.

I have stock in Kleenex and the Westwhiners will need a lot.

Just like they did after bowl season last year.

We're rebuilding, playing 28 freshmen after sending a record 29 players thru the NFL draft the past 3 years.

Also dealing w/24 starter injuries.

All in all a good year can become a lot better if we find a way to beat Clemson today.

Considering the ACC Atlantic division had more players drafted than any other division in football last year it would be great to win it again.

Congrats to the Gators. Sorry about the 'Noles.

But will somebody out there shut down Michigan State already?! Hell, I'll even root for the Buckeyes in 2 weeks when they play the Spartans.

NEBRASKA, BABY!!!!

Prayers heard by the football gods and answered. Yes!

(I know, the receiver stepped out of bounds and was not pushed, bad call, but hey, I'll take it :Cool:).

Eat it, Sparty!

Where HuskerRed be at? Yeah, baby! :smile:

My thoughts 'zactly, even though have a relative playing for MSU.

Proud of the effort our guys made at Clemson.

See a lot of potential...

Clemson is on track for the Playoff.

Gators will beat "Bama in the SEC but lose to them in the National Final...

who will have the wild finish next week?

Gators don't have a passing game, & if Bama can stuff Leonard whatshis name, Taylor doesn't have a chance.

Gotta whup another bulldog this Sat first, though.

You can say what ya want about UM, the Camo, Quarterback U, etc. and they would have another trophy had JJ not been talked into a pass at the goal line but there is one thing that is undeniable.

They would go anywhere, anytime, to play anybody, the higher the opponent rank the better.

Not like the state I am in now, the Bulldogs are scared to go North, scared to go West, only go South when they have to.

The Gators do not need to worry about Clemson in the Championship game, they will not get past Alabama.

We are all guessing by the way.

Terry

The Gators do not need to worry about Clemson in the Championship game, they will not get past Alabama.

Terry

Bovine scat.

UF beats Alabamastan in the SEC and makes it to the playoffs.

From there, I really don't know.

So last night our high school's QB dropped LSU after early commit in 2014.

Anyone need a 6'6" QB who can throw it 80 yards?

:Cool:

The off season carousel will be interesting wrt college football coaches.

Terry

UF beats Alabamastan in the SEC and makes it to the playoffs.

Thanks for the laugh, Matt. :rofl:

Man, what in the world happened to LSU?!

'Bama put a hurting on 'em.

Terry

Wait. What? When did this happen?

In actuality it's been an ugly November, not just on the scoreboard. People calling for Miles head and AD Alleva seems destined to make it happen. I'm a lifelong Tiger. And a Miles supporter. I'm somewhat torn, I admit. Miles offensive philosophy is stuck in the 1970s in Michigan. The game has evolved and Miles has not evolved with it. But he's the winningest coach in LSU history. He's the 6th winningest coach in NCAA over the past twelve years. He has a national championship, two SEC championships, and 110+ wins since he arrived in 2006. Sometimes you gotta be careful what you ask for. Just ask Texas, Tennessee and Nebraska how quickly you can become irrelevant...

As for as the de-commit of the FL QB that was in the works already. He has visited UF three weeks in a row. This was his excuse to go back on his word. You could make the argument that it was the proverbial straw but that would prolly be a stretch. These are 17 and 18 yo kids. I don't read too much into it...

But mostly I like Miles because he is a class guy. He loves his players and they love him. He represents our university with class and dignity. If he goes out, he will be taking the high road.

Man, what in the world happened to LSU?!

'Bama put a hurting on 'em.

Terry

Wait. What? When did this happen?

I think it was Nov. 7th.

Terry

So, Rivalry Weekend.

For the past 25 years, the number one game has featured both teams ranked 20 times.

In 14 of the games, both were in the top 10.

In nine of the games at least one was ranked in the top 2.

Only twice in the last 30 years was neither squad ranked when the game was played.

6 National Championships the past 25 years.

Five Heisman Trophy winners.

23 conference titles.

Top ten matchups since 1990

Alabama vs Auburn 3 times

Ohio State vs Michigan 3 times

USC vs Notre Dame 3 times

FSU vs Florida 14 times!

Conference titles

FSU 15

Florida 8

No other matchup comes close.

FSU 34 first round picks

Florida 28 first round picks

FSU most players ever selected in 3 year span

so see 'em in college, watch them play on Sundays.

So y'all enjoy your rivalry games, this is a great time for college football.

Go Noles!

6cb665504ceccaee48819807232d453a.jpg

No doubt.

State Champs!

The better team won, again, three straight times we've drained the swamp.

Dalvin Cook shows why he deserves to be invited to NY sfter shredding the gator$ defense and having multiple runs over 20 yards (he leads the nation), scoring multiple times.

Seminole defense only team this year to not allow more than 25 points in a game.

A rebuilding year for sure, but 10 wins so far...

All offensive players return.

:)

Many D players also.

Go Noles!

Even get an extra day this year to enjoy the victory.

:Cool:

Michigan got spanked coming and going. Offense, defense, special teams--didn't matter, it was all Buckeyes all day long.

So what can I say? There's always next year :grin:

And I'll be here next year, too. Of that you can be sure!

LSU did the right thing.

Terry

Once that kind of talk gets out there, the trust is broken. Other teams will use that against LSU in recruiting. Miles will be looking over his shoulder at the boosters who tried to get him fired, as well as the administration who didn't back him until everyone said it was unfair.

What you are saying is true of course. $17,000,000.00 would buy a lot of cancer research. Booster values leave a lot to be desired.

Terry

It's been a good, although tough year to watch.

We beat most everyone we had to, even playing a subpar backup QB.

I have a hard time complaining about playing a tough schedule and getting 10 wins.

Gator fans know there's always next year.

Looks like it's you and me in the Citrus bowl again. Of course, the outcome matters for nothing, but from my point of view, I am pleased that Michigan is on the road to relevance once again.

The Big 10 is back to being a conference that matters, too. The SEC is the premier conference in the NCAA, but the Big 10 isn't all that bad. Let's see how Michigan State does against Alabama. I am for the 'Tide in this coming bowl game, but I do take pride in seeing the Big 10 represented in the playoffs.

Archived