IGNORED

2016 Official College Football Thread

mrduck

GO BUCKEYES!

Gonna do it again, all the polls agree!

Whupped all the other conferences best with a backup QB, AND have the "Best Damn Band in all the Land"!

So here's to a great season of College Football, even if the end results are allready known!

Don J :clap:

If only Ohio State played Alabama in the regular season, that would be the game of the season right there. Payback time or what?

And then there's Michigan. There's only ONE game Harbough's job rests on and that's with Ohio State. Michigan can lose all season, but this is the ONE game Michigan wants to win more than any other. Not even the Spartans are as hated.

So yeah, may the Buckeyes roll and go undefeated until Thanksgiving weekend. That's when I turn on ESPN and tune in :Cool:

A few decent games scheduled for week 1:

- ASU @ Texas A&M

- TEXAS @ ND

- Wisconsin @ Alabama (sweet!)

- OSU @ Virginia Tech (sweet!)

On any Saturday, baby! Buckeyes owe the Hoakies a bit of payback.

I'd sit down and watch these if they're televised out here.

Tonight, baby! Michigan at Utah.

Is there a more grueling game in all of college football this season? Is there a more challenging team possible--aside from Appalachian State? :Cool:

No, there isn't!

Here comes MMmmmmmmmmichigan, baby! :thumbsup:

Tonight, baby! Michigan at Utah.

Is there a more grueling game in all of college football this season? Is there a more challenging team possible--aside from Appalachian State? :Cool:

No, there isn't!

Here comes MMmmmmmmmmichigan, baby! :thumbsup:

And they're back. :lurk:

Truly don't know what the Harbaugh hype is all about. He's not an Urban Meyer with big time CFB success going to stocked team, recruiting takes a while, tough conference, etc. NFL vs CFB is a tad different.

I like Michigan, but it could take some time.

Sorry James - I've been watching Jake Rudock play since his first HS game (he's a local kid). I've never seen him overthrow his targets quite like that. Here's to hoping he will loosen up.

Yeah, might take a while.

Game wasn't televised here in MA so I had to follow the action online. Today I'll watch game footage.

To Utah?

I think you may be facing the perpetual rebuilding UF is. There are no patsies this season...

Well, I gotta admit that even after just one game, the Gators looked strong. A few miscues, a couple mental mistakes, but only 1 penalty is a huge change in discipline for these guys. 606 yards of offense against the SunBelt conference is one thing, but, it is an indicator that the fun and gun might be coming back to G'ville.

Gooooo GATORS!!!

I am happy for you, Matt. Florida seems to be back on track.

Michigan will be as well, soon. One of these seasons! They need time, like they have since 2007, to get their act together. This is the coach to make it happen. If Harbaough can't do it, I don't know that anyone can. Probably need a shake up in the administration, like a new AD or something.

Sorry James - I've been watching Jake Rudock play since his first HS game (he's a local kid). I've never seen him overthrow his targets quite like that. Here's to hoping he will loosen up.

Must've been the high altitude out there in SLC. Oh, hey, how about those Utes?

So, how much does Kirk Herbstreit have to pay the NCAA to give OSU such a fluffball schedule to make them look good? MSU is your big game? Sweet jeebus, how pathetic is that team...

Jax State, the other Alabama team, had Auburn on the ropes all day. Even though they lost in OT, they have to be proud.

Auburn ain't a #6 team.

Matt, Herby doesn't pay the NCAA, they pay him. Just sayin.

That should light up the OSU faithful. :grin:

So, how much does Kirk Herbstreit have to pay the NCAA to give OSU such a fluffball schedule to make them look good? MSU is your big game? Sweet jeebus, how pathetic is that team...

You're starting to sound like this cry baby. How bout them unranked Toledo Rockets!

Cry%20Baby.png

You're starting to sound like this cry baby. How bout them unranked Toledo Rockets!

He is from the Big 10 after all

bielema.jpg

Otherwise, that sounds about right... Comparing OSU to Arkansas... Two teams that should not even be in a discussion of National Championship aspirations.

College Game Day should be at Toledo and Jacksonville St. This is a year of parity somewhat. I predict more playoff controversy than usual, if possible.

Teams ranked from 5-15 have a shot.

I guess we could say that every year going into week 3, but this year has a different feel.

If we had a college football post playoff, Matt_12GS would be consensus #1, and maybe the only BCS poster on the board!

Donald Trump could take lessons from Matt :rofl:

College Game Day should be at Toledo and Jacksonville St. This is a year of parity somewhat. I predict more playoff controversy than usual, if possible.

I guess we could say that every year going into week 3, but this year has a different feel.

If we had a college football post playoff, Matt_12GS would be consensus #1, and maybe the only BCS poster on the board!

I'm Matt's_12GS and I approve this message.

I just saw the bowl predictions for this year, Florida v Texas in the Liberty Bowl...

I mean, not even the outback bowl? I don't know if I'd actually watch that!

I'm Matt's_12GS and I approve this message.

I just saw the bowl predictions for this year, Florida v Texas in the Liberty Bowl...

I mean, not even the outback bowl? I don't know if I'd actually watch that!

big assumption that they both get 6 wins.

Pardon me, but this is the weakest, most lackluster, dispassionate college football thread since I've been here. :P

Anywho, lot's of good games this weekend.

Florida @ Kentucky. KU beat South Carolina.

South Carolina @ #7 Georgia. Spurrier is low on viziers.

#18 Auburn (still overrated) @ #13 LSU. Malzan is on his way out.

And finally, #15 Ole Miss @ #2 Alabama. Enjoy your hotty toddy.You lose. :Cool:

Michigan must have a chance against someone. :lurk:

Oh, I'm sorry. Is anyone else playing tomorrow?

OK, I'm a closet 'Bama fan, big time.

But this game with Ole Miss is getting rather interesting. 17-3, Ole Miss, midway though the second quarter.

Let's see Bama do it's thing and bust this game wide open.

Pardon me, but this is the weakest, most lackluster, dispassionate college football thread since I've been here. :P

...And finally, #15 Ole Miss @ #2 Alabama. Enjoy your hotty toddy.You lose. :Cool:...

:lurk:

Should recover in a day or two, maybe sooner. If he just didn't huff and puff and thump his chest before the game I think it would be a little easier on him : ) Heck of a game tho, they didn't go down easy.

How about LSU and Georgia against notable opponents, don't think I'd want to be in the SEC right now. Makes me think of Matt's poster, have to admit that was a laffer : )

Huff & puff, it's what I do. :grin: It's a hard pill to swallow when my team beats themselves so badly. Worst display of Bama football that I can recall. Maybe they have time to lick their wounds in time to be ready for Louisiana-Monroe Sat. We'll see.

But at least the hit was softened by the throttling LSU hung on Auburn. Georgia looked stout, OSU should have lost to N. Ill, Stanford gave UCLA all they could handle, & BYU almost pulled out another win.

An interesting weekend for sure.

That's OK. There's a cupcake team up north in this division that has a date with Mr Meyer. Slowly but surely, Michigan is rising up. Soon, even the Buckeyes will have to pause and take notice. That's when Meyer will be looking to go to the PAC 12.

I keep hearing stories of a team that used to play in Michigan, but keep thinking all the know how to do is Sparty on...

I'm hoping my beloved Gators will crash the top 25 this week, 4-0, 2-0 in the conference with a young team and a new coach.

They are coming together pretty well and making fewer costly mistakes.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

big game in Gainesville, FL this weekend. Whaddaya thing Matt?

I think we have a good chance, if the O line can protect Grier, I think he's as good as anyone else. We've got one of our starters back, and if we can avoid stupid penalties I think we can do it.

That should put us up close to the top 10....

I think we have a good chance, if the O line can protect Grier, I think he's as good as anyone else. We've got one of our starters back, and if we can avoid stupid penalties I think we can do it.

That should put us up close to the top 10....

snork.gif

Archived