IGNORED

It's Offical Now - Fall BRR is ON!

Matts_12GS

I missed an unusually cool month of riding this summer in July due to non-bike travel, lots of OT, and my bike was really running poorly after RCR. Now that it's fixed it has really gotten hot and muggy. C'est la vie.

I still ride in the heat. I just prefer the fall.

Lone_RT_rider
This is what I get for posting Shawn's email....

I'm stoked, this one is gonna be a lot of fun, and I think the roads will surprise many folks.

Sorry for my absence, I swear I have been in China...

610398243_2FJsn-M.jpg

Shawn

This is what I get for posting Shawn's email....

I'm stoked, this one is gonna be a lot of fun, and I think the roads will surprise many folks.

Sorry for my absence, I swear I have been in China...

Shawn

You will need a note from the emperor for an excused absence. :dopeslap: Welcome home.

Lone_RT_rider
Matt and I are proud to present...

Who's your imaginary friend? :grin:

Some pics from the imaginary friend..... ;)

522716887_4Bq5p-L.jpg

522714270_DLN4n-L.jpg

522715698_njqss-L.jpg

522716248_oXFYs-L.jpg

522713646_LkQQ6-L.jpg

522713968_67iYw-L.jpg

522714587_9Gnqq-L.jpg

522721334_xY4Pe-L.jpg

Oh, and Mr. Deline, it should be about the same cost as the Maggie Valley Inn for a two double bed room...

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
Kathy,

Weather should not be our issue from what I'm reading.

Moderate temps and good color, I just hope we can keep the leaf peepers away and have some fun on the roads!

Yeah, like 11 that is west of Williamsbug but runs north and south.... man... that road just rocks. It's going to be gorgeous in the fall. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Paul Mihalka

Shawn, the place in your pictures: Is that in the Peoples Republic of China? Wow, some communism they have!

Lone_RT_rider

Actually, this is one of the hotel rooms I stayed in China. Anyone that thinks China is still an old communist country hasn't been there recently.

606480397_KgMGc-L.jpg

Shawn

Thanks and welcome home my imaginary friend!

Seriously though, Shawn and I are both happy to work with this area since it is so different from the Maggie Valley area.

With the scouting help of Mitch and Shannon we've seen some great stuff in the area and we're looking forward to a lot of great, and very scenic riding.

Those coming to the UNRally look me up, I'll show you some of the routes we're working on just to whet your appetites!

Since we have no such thing as a dry county in Canada, can someone explain how it works, i.e., where and how can you consume adult beverages? Hiding in your room in the dark of night? Can you openly transport alcohol from say your bike to your hotel room?

Since we have no such thing as a dry county in Canada, can someone explain how it works, i.e., where and how can you consume adult beverages? Hiding in your room in the dark of night? Can you openly transport alcohol from say your bike to your hotel room?

Mark, it's no big deal. You can consume it's just a no sales kind of thing (and you won't be able to order drinks with dinner either). I've stayed in a number of dry counties and the first thing I ask is where I have to go to buy some. They always know the shortest route. :grin:

Althoughhh, when we were in another dry county, in jawja, the local constabulary did cruise the parking lot.

I believe that Calvin acted as an excellent liason between the LEO's and STers.

Beth and I are Probably INN.

:P

Althoughhh, when we were in another dry county, in jawja, the local constabulary did cruise the parking lot.

I believe that Calvin acted as an excellent liason between the LEO's and STers.

It says something about this group that our liason was Calvin :dopeslap: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'..................

Makes me wish I still had my Pacific Coast. Some years ago, I volunteered to do a beer run for a rally at Two Wheels Only. The "trunk" of the PC held 72 bottles of beer and 16 pounds of ice. Ice chest on wheels.

Lone_RT_rider
In, reservation made!

:thumbsup: That's great! We haven't seen you in ages!

Eh, he's only coming because we upgraded the hotel.... ;) And yes Tasker, there are mints on the pillows....

522719380_rkSia-L.jpg

Shawn

October 3 is my father-in-law's birthday, so my wife won't be coming. However, I'm very interested. Anybody need a room share? I can arrive Thursday or Friday, return on Sunday. For anybody coming up from the southeast, I can offer a bed Wednesday or Thursday night about 8 miles east of Dahlonega, GA. Garage and some tools available.

According to Google Maps, it's about 225 miles from there to Cumberland, via Suches, McCaysville, Tellico Plains, etc. The Cherohala Skyway and Deal's Gap would add about 50 miles to the route. I'm not a big fan of Deal's Gap, but on a weekday it's not nearly as much a zoo as on a weekend.

PM me if interested in either a room share or a place to stay on the way.

I just got an offer for room share starting Thursday.

My offer of a place to stay near Dahlonega is still open. Although it's too far out to predict for sure, I'll probably be in Dahlonega for a couple of days in advance of BRR, so both Tuesday and Wednesday are open. One upstairs bedroom, and a futon downstairs. Enclosed garage with room for up to 6 motorcycles (including the two that are already in it), workbench, and some tools. Tire Technicians is about 7 miles away.

In, reservation made!

Yay!!! Look forward to seeing you again!! :clap:

I would love to be there, but alas I will be transporting my mother to Louisville KY for my niece's wedding... she FINALLY decided to make it official...

Course, since my mother is in her 80s... means I probably will not be taking the bike... plus I have yet to figure out how to take formal wear anywhere on the bike... but fortunately that so far that has not been a problem...

Regards -

-Bob

Looks like I'm in! :clap:

Yay!! :clap: So glad you'll make it ... hope you'll let me tag along on Friday or Saturday?! :Cool:

Count on it!! I hope to be on a new bike!

I am IN. I made my reservations this morning. I wanted to go to the UNRally this week, but due to work and other things I just could not fit it in. So I have rewarded myself with reservations for the BRR. I look forward to seeing all of you guys there.

That's great Jim. You probably don't remember but you helped me a great deal at the Ride Smart get together in Athens, TN several years ago. I was the guy who accompanied you and Mike T. on the emergency adult beverage mission after the class. :grin: Looking forward to seeing you again.

In, reservation made!

Eh, he's only coming because we upgraded the hotel.... ;) And yes Tasker, there are mints on the pillows....

522719380_rkSia-L.jpg

Shawn

Just as long as you're not the one tucking me in... :wave:

Just as long as you're not the one tucking in behind me in the technical sections...

Fixed.

:wave:

We've made rezerrvayshuns.

522719380_rkSia-L.jpg

Shawn

THOSE AREN'T TWO PILLOWS!!! :eek:

That's great Jim. You probably don't remember but you helped me a great deal at the Ride Smart get together in Athens, TN several years ago. I was the guy who accompanied you and Mike T. on the emergency adult beverage mission after the class. :grin: Looking forward to seeing you again.

Oh yeah, I remember that emergency supply run!! Will look forward to seeing you, too.

OK, I booked a room just in case I can make this trip. I'm an easterner now and daggumit I'm going to start acting like one.

I just hope BRR doesn't stand for Brrrrr. Looking forward to seeing you all. :wave:

Isn't that why God created heated grips and Gerbings!! :rofl:

Yep, but on the wee there isn't a concensus that I can run the heat that I had on the RT, let alone the weather off Lake Erie. All to be discovered and learned.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Nope, that's my job this year. :thumbsup:

Nope, that's my job this year. :thumbsup:

Whew! That's a relief! ;)

Oh, and Mr. Deline, it should be about the same cost as the Maggie Valley Inn for a two double bed room...

Shawn

We camped at that one to, just huge around the hotel bugging the paying customers most of the time. :grin:

I am planning on making this one. Simply had too much fun at the UN last week to miss out on another opportunity to share the roads and fellowship with you all! :thumbsup:

I will hope to be able to make a reservation at the hotel tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to be IN but the hotel is booked for Thurs night. Popular place eh? I reserved Fri and Sat (odd that Thurs is booked but not the weekend) and will see about cancelations for Thurs.

Lone_RT_rider
Reservations are made, I'll be in early on Thursday!!!!

In lieu of the possibility of people coming in on Wed or Thursday night, I have asked Teresa at the Cumberland Inn to set aside another block of 15 rooms (two queen beds) for our group to help with this. This hotel seems to be booking up quick, so they have agreed to hold the rooms only until Sept 16th. If you are going to come in before Friday, you need to book those rooms before that date.

Shawn

PS. I have my reservations made for Wed through Sunday. :)

Thanks Shawn. After seeing your note I called back and lo Thurs was available. I think the reservation clerk was a bit confused earlier.

So for now IN.

Archived