IGNORED

It's Offical Now - Fall BRR is ON!

Matts_12GS

PS. I have my reservations made for Wed through Sunday. :)

Wednesday through Sunday? I hate you. What did you do Shawn, retire? :grin: See you there (Friday). :thumbsup:

Harry_Wilshusen

I'm going to try to make this. I'm not sure if the timing will be right though.

One thing you all might consider is a nighttime ride to Cumberland Falls. It's a full moon. Maybe get to see a lunar rainbow. It's well worth the short ride.

Harry

I'm going to try to make this. I'm not sure if the timing will be right though.

One thing you all might consider is a nighttime ride to Cumberland Falls. It's a full moon. Maybe get to see a lunar rainbow. It's well worth the short ride.

Harry

Funny you should mention that...

Looks like Friday the second could work our.

Anyone?

Nice n Easy Rider
At least you won't have to worry about moose........unlike last weeks "night time ride" :grin:

Well, if we worry about the nighttime deer in North Carolina, and the nighttime moose in New Hampshire, what should be on our radar in Kentucky? Uh-oh, they're big on horses there, aren't they? :(

3am ride through moose infestations to ride up scary little road to 6200 ft? not me :(

A nice evening ride through deer infestations to see a moon rainbow? I think I might do that! :)

I made my reservation at the hotel, so I have good intentions.

Tonight, more than once, Ron B (back from the great north and swinging through NY on his way to IL) gave me his version of Leslie's request (of the UN) that I not miss BRR. I'm feeling the need to follow through and BE There in that first week of Oct.

So any of you potential weenies who are letting this BRR teeter totter on your calendar, Don't. We need to reUN. See y'all there.

Yes, I had a glass of wine. So what. Love you long time. PB :wave:

One thing you all might consider is a nighttime ride to Cumberland Falls. It's a full moon. Maybe get to see a lunar rainbow. It's well worth the short ride. - Harry

I am in for this. At least it will not be a 3:00 AM wake up like it was for the Mt. Washington sunrise!

I made reservations last week and could only get Thurs and Fri nights. Will hope to extend it through Sat night otherwise will bring a sleeping bag and hope to find room on someone's floor.

Come on Kathy, you'll love the BRR!!!

I'll confirm with the park today about that moonbow ride.

Don't forget to check the thread for the bourbon tour as well if anyone wishes to go and do that as well.

New-bee from Indy (riding in on a 04 Montauk Cruiser) and side-kick from Chicago are "IN".

Please advise how/where we sign up for the Saturday meal.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks in advance

Because of family obligations that have popped up since the kids are back in school, I am out for this one. I was really looking forward to it because my wife was going to accompany me on this one. Oh well..Have a great time everyone. A room is now available for Thurs thru Sunday.

Looks like I'm "IN" for the BRR.

Reservations made, hooking up with 3putt (Thanks Tom) on the ride in; we're planning to arrive Thursday in time for dinner.

It'll be great to see old friends & make some new ones.

Paul Mihalka
Looks like I'm "IN" for the BRR.

Reservations made, hooking up with 3putt (Thanks Tom) on the ride in; we're planning to arrive Thursday in time for dinner.

It'll be great to see old friends & make some new ones.

:thumbsup:

OK, I'm in!!!

My plan is to ride down on Thursday and home on Sunday. Planned route is From Allentown PA area I-78 to I-81 down to Hagerstown MD across I-68 to Morgantown WV I-79 down to Charleston WV, I-64 over to the Lexington KY area then down I-75 to Williamsburg and the BRR. It is about 720 miles anyone on the way care to join me for the ride? If so PM me and we can make plans.

I'm hoping to get the routes up for the BRR in the next couple days. I want to clean a couple things up and then I'll be ready to attach them.

Hi John,

Just a couple of suggestions for your trip. US 40 parallels I-68 across the MD panhandle and is a nice alternative if you get tired of the slab (although I-68 isn't bad as they go). Another alternative to break up the interstate is to take US 50 from Clarksburg, WV over to I-77, then head south. You can connect up to your original route in Charleston. US 50 is a nice (divided highway) with plenty of scenery. Just a couple of options, see you there.

Great call on Route 50, Albert! I grew up just off Route 50, in a little town called Greenwood (pop. 346 when I was there). 50 miles to Clarksburg, 50 miles to Parkersburg. I'd ride past the old farm if I had a GS- I don't think riding Gum Run on the RT would be a wise choice.

Allen

I'm IN! Reservations made! Arriving late Friday afternoon ... ready for the moonbow ride later that evening.

Jim ... hang on to your sandwich if you can!

Not gonna make this one. Going to the annual Metro-Dade ( now called Miami-Dade for some inane reason ) Firefighters reunion this same weekend in Dahlonega Ga. :wave:

I'm IN! Reservations made! Arriving late Friday afternoon ... ready for the moonbow ride later that evening.

Jim ... hang on to your sandwich if you can!

Yiiiippppeeeee!!!! See you there!! :clap:

I am leaving from the Atlanta area on thursday 10/1. I am pretty sure I am going to make a day of it and take a senic route through the mountains. I was wondering if anyone is interested in tagging along? I would have room for someone to spend the night on Wed. if you are comming from farther away, (out of state or something)Let me know if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

If you find that you really like the area of the BRR, going north a couple hours may fit you just perfectly.

Seems the locals have a sense of humor too!

This one's better

I think I can get that Friday off but called and there is no room at the inn... :(

Try again, I had to cancel my reservation this morning. Hope to see everyone in the spring.

I think I can get that Friday off but called and there is no room at the inn... :(

Try again, I had to cancel my reservation this morning. Hope to see everyone in the spring.

Thanks everyone. I got a generous offer to split a room.

I'm keeping an eye on the weather, with my only concern being temperatures. No heat on my wee. I am getting silk long underwear today. Got my hand and feet heat packs. I want to avoid the fast routes to avoid the cold that presents.

No weenie talk here. When you guys are fine I seem to be cold. Besides at this time of year 50 feels cold on the bike :/ In the spring it will be a heat wave.

Planning to take all back roads and two full days to get there going down through PA, WV into KY. Hoteling it.

I plan to be there no later than Thur evening. I have a blackberry on Verizon. kmrayburn@sbcglobal.net

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :grin:

Hey everyone...

Just found this and it sounds promising!

Eastern Kentucky

Although the rain last week at Carter Caves State Resort Park near Olive Hill has caused many of the brown leaves to fall, the cool nights have caused the oaks leaves to change quickly. Many trees are without leaves but the remaining ones are showing great orange, yellow and red color; making this the best overall color of the season. It’s a great time to take a hike on a trail or a drive through the park.

Mark your calendars for November 14 and 15 to enjoy the Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, "Bullets for Broadway", a new musical comedy mystery spoof! "It's the Sopranos meets the Producers!" Book and lyrics by David Landau and the production is presented by Fantastical Theatricals. The cost for the buffet dinner and show is $34.95 plus tax, per person. Overnight packages including lodging, dinner and show are available

At Jenny Wiley State Resort Park near Prestonsburg the color has increased due to some much-needed rain received last week. Some trees have lost a significant amount of leaves, but there is still some good color. Trees with good color include: sourwood, red maple and sugar maple. White oaks and hickories are also showing some color. Peak color should be good for the next 10 to 14 days. Don’t forget to make your reservations for the elk viewing tours offered during November and the early months of the year.

At Natural Bridge State Resort Park, near Slade, the forest’s fall color display is close to peak at about 70-90 percent color change. On the ridge tops shades of red can still be seen on sourwood, red maple and black gum. Lower in the valleys, the white oaks, southern black-haws, and sumacs are displaying the best red hues. Hickories and sugar maples are currently producing the most vibrant yellows and oranges. The peak of fall color at Natural Bridge will be within the next week or so. Bring the whole family and join special guest performers, John Tierney and Anne MacFie on Thursday, October 30, at 8 p.m. for “Spooky Songs and Scary Tales” in the activities center.

Although autumn colors were muted this past week with only yellow, brown and gold as the primary colors on display at Pine Mountain State Resort Park near Pineville, significant brightening is occurring at this time. Flashes of red, yellow and orange are now observed where there are an abundance of maples on steep, rocky slopes with thin soils. Rainfall at the end of last week helped to diminish drought effects and the remaining green leaves are now beginning to turn. Evening temperatures are continuing to creep downward, making a hard frost likely in the next couple of evenings. The peak of fall color for the park and much of the southeastern mountain region is likely to occur this coming weekend (November 1 and 2). There are likely to be small pockets of color scattered across the mountains through November 9.

Autumn has arrived at Cumberland Falls State Resort Park near Corbin with approximately 85 percent color change. Especially vibrant this year are the bright orange-red to solid red of the red maples and the golden color of the hickories. Many trees have held their leaves this year and there is still great color.

The park will be hosting the annual Moonbow Trail Trek on Saturday, November 1. Hikers have a choice of a 4.5 mile or 10.8 mile self-guided hike. Pre-registration required. Registration fee is $15 per person. Registered hikers receive a ride to the trail head, a t-shirt, snack, and will pass checkpoints along the way.

No weenie talk here. When you guys are fine I seem to be cold. Besides at this time of year 50 feels cold on the bike :/ In the spring it will be a heat wave. :grin:

Betcha miss your heated Corbin from the RT.

(insert shivering guy smiley here)

No weenie talk here. When you guys are fine I seem to be cold. Besides at this time of year 50 feels cold on the bike :/ In the spring it will be a heat wave. :grin:

Betcha miss your heated Corbin from the RT.

(insert shivering guy smiley here)

You know what is really funny? I can sit on it any time I want. I just need an RT to hook it up to :dopeslap::rofl:

I may be forced to get a GS someday. I was good-to-go as low as 35 degrees on the RT. The only thing that stopped me from going lower temps was the worry about the road conditions.

Well, y'all don't call this BRR for nothing.

and now I'm contemplating Falling Leaf. If this riding doesn't stop I'll be leaving my bike somewhere in Nov and flying home :grin:

Going to pick up heat packs for my butt

Okay, just got the time off and would like to join the fun. One problem. There is no room at the Inn on Fri or Sat. And, today is the deadline for signing up for dinner.

Boys, this part is not for you. Is there anyone who would want to share a room?

Archived