IGNORED

It's Offical Now - Fall BRR is ON!

Matts_12GS

Okay, just got the time off and would like to join the fun. One problem. There is no room at the Inn on Fri or Sat.

Are you specifically asking for the BMW group? I talked to Inn on Thursday afternoon and we still have a good sized block of rooms available and they are being held until Monday morning. Please call back and try again. If they have a hard time finding the BMW reservation, tell them to talk to Teresa in sales BEFORE monday morning.

Shawn

Call the Super 8. That is where I am staying, just around the corner and $25 cheaper with AAA or AARP. discount.

It may be 25 dollars cheaper Bernie, but its the difference between staying in a Motel 6 and the Waldorf Astoria.

Shawn

They told me they only have smoking rooms available two weeks ago.

That is why I started looking some where else.

I will try to call Teresa on Monday morning, maybe she knows something.

Thanks for the reminder of the magic words. I just got off the phone with the Inn and have a non-smoking room booked under the group rate.

I also just sent in my money via pay pal for dinner. So, I'm IN!

I'm still interested in sharing a room if there's another woman interested.

The latest weather and we know how reliable our forecasters are is that Thursday will be a good riding day. Friday now looks like rain in Williamsburg and occasional showers on Saturday so bring your rain slickers and warmies!

Bruce

The latest weather and we know how reliable our forecasters are is that Thursday will be a good riding day. Friday now looks like rain in Williamsburg and occasional showers on Saturday so bring your rain slickers and warmies!

Bruce

As always, with every event in the Fall or Spring in the Smokies, you need to be prepared for every form of weather. I wouldn't count on any forcast that is 6 days away. As evidenced, this mornings Weather.com Williamsburg, KY 10 day forecast shows that now Friday is pretty clear and Saturday has only a 30% chance of rain. Be prepared for anything, even having a good time. :thumbsup:

Shawn

I don't want to be the one to put a damper on what I've been looking forward to all year, so in a newly revised weather report straight from the NOAA who I think does a fairly good job of weather reporting and as we all know predicting 6 days out is a crap shoot anyhow, but here it is.

Williamsburg, Kentucy

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 74.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71.

That's what I'm talking about! Pretty perfect weather shaping up.

Bruce

Nice n Easy Rider
As of Sunday afternoon, Sept 27, AccuWeather is predicting beautiful weather for the next two weeks. We get what we get.

In any case, it's all about the company we get to keep, isn't it? :)

I don't want to be the one to put a damper on what I've been looking forward to all year ... as we all know predicting 6 days out is a crap shoot anyhow, but here it is.

So why bother posting it? :S ... I have been to so many event's where the weather was "suppose" to be bad, but have had it change. It's so silly to wonder what the weather is going to be like 6 days before. Who care's really? If you are going to enjoy the people, food, and roads... the weather shouldn't matter. Isn't that why we have gear? :dopeslap:

And as Susan said,

I've never known rain to put much of a damper on a gathering of riders. I suspect this won't be much different.
:thumbsup:

So enough about the weather... :rofl:

I look forward to seeing everyone there! :clap:

I don't want to be the one to put a damper on what I've been looking forward to all year, so in a newly revised weather report straight from the NOAA who I think does a fairly good job of weather reporting and as we all know predicting 6 days out is a crap shoot anyhow, but here it is.

Williamsburg, Kentucy

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 74.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71.

That's what I'm talking about! Pretty perfect weather shaping up.

Bruce

My gear is waterproof and so is the bike :D AND I'm not camping, soooooo as long as there is no ice or snow I'm good to go.

I didn't know we had another website administrator. Don't get your undies in a twist. It was just innocent information about what the weather might look like. I didn't expect it would affect whether people would or would not come. But some of us haven't been on a lot of these types of gatherings and would probably appreciate being made aware of things (like weather) that help them prepare properingly.

Geez, some people just try to find ways to complain.

Bruce

Nice n Easy Rider
I've never known rain to put much of a damper on a gathering of riders. I suspect this won't be much different.

Whether the weather is wet or not just remember....it's a dry county. :grin:

Back from Italy this past weekend. Took so many pictures it'll be some weeks before we have them ready to go up on my Smugmug account.

Now have my nose to the grindstone to make certain I can be arrive at the Cumberland Inn somewhere late Friday afternoon. Bike's running smoothly now - after lots of issues this past summer. Looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it to see you folks again!

I have a NS room for Fri & Sat nights but if anyone's looking for a roommate to defray costs, let me know.

Back from Italy this past weekend. Took so many pictures it'll be some weeks before we have them ready to go up on my Smugmug account.

Man, at least you get to go someplace cool for work. I am headed to the Asian version of Three mile Island (China) on the Wed after BRR. After that, I'll see you all in November...lol.

Shawn

Man, at least you get to go someplace cool for work. I am headed to the Asian version of Three mile Island (China) on the Wed after BRR. After that, I'll see you all in November...lol.

Shawn

Work? Man, I too wish I would travel to places like that for work. We went to Italy for fun - and all on our dime ... but fun was had.
Is it time to leave yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet??

I'm so excited!! :clap:

T-minus 27 hours and 20 minutes.....

tick.....tick.....tick......

It will be in the 40's and raining when I leave tomorrow, so I am looking forward to some 50's or 60's down there folks. Make it so, please. And no, a shot of whiskey is not a substitute for decent temps, but it's a start. :grin:

Nice n Easy Rider
It will be in the 40's and raining when I leave tomorrow, so I am looking forward to some 50's or 60's down there folks. Make it so, please. And no, a shot of whiskey is not a substitute for decent temps, but it's a start. :grin:

Will this do Kathy? :)

Thu

Oct 01 Sunny 71°/55° 0 %

Fri

Oct 02 Showers 65°/50° 40 %

Sat

Oct 03 Partly Cloudy 69°/47° 20 %

Sun

Oct 04 Mostly Sunny 68°/48° 10 %

Mon

Oct 05 Partly Cloudy 69°/54° 10 %

Nice n Easy Rider
Dang that's cold.

Is it winter already?

Better break out the Gerbings.

:P

Tim,

We all know that living in Florida 'thins the blood' so we understand the need for the electrics. :grin:

Hey ... anybody shooting through Nashville Thursday on their way to Williamsburg?

I can make the run myself, but it's so much more fun when I've got company :Cool:

What time you leaving Shannon? Deb and I are going to snake up thru Crossville, Jamestown, Elgin to Pine Knot Ky and into Williamsburg Ky. But I don't think we are leaving Dunlap till 1-1:30pm.

PS Deb is much faster than the last time you road with us :)

Dang that's cold.

Is it winter already?

Better break out the Gerbings.

:P

Tim,

We all know that living in Florida 'thins the blood' so we understand the need for the electrics. :grin:

George,

Just spoofing.

Not planning on mine, but Beth will.

Who knows, may go w/the flow so I can be part of the club and wear mine around the resort.

;)

It's 2:15pm -

T - 39.25 hours!!!! I'm soooo ready!

Man, I'm soooo jealous of ya'll all!!! Dadgum work getting in the way of my life!! You guys have a stellar time!!!! Tear it up for me!

Yeah!! What SHE said!!!! :clap:

Hey Shannon - I've been practicing my arm wrestling moves! Watch out girl! :wave:

At least it will be in the 40's.... here they are saying we may have FROST Thursday morning! What the heck happened to Global Warming?!!

.... almost packed and ready.... can I leave now?!

Jim

At least it will be in the 40's.... here they are saying we may have FROST Thursday morning! What the heck happened to Global Warming?!!

I think it only affects the polar caps.....

212095881_L5oTa-XL.jpg

I will be leaving Atlanta in the morning (thur.) taking the long senic route for a full day of riding through the mountains to get there. The weather looks great and I am so looking forward to it. It will be a long day at work today. See you guys there.

Leaving tomorrow morning chasing Bernie all over FL, GA, SC, and NC to get to Dillard. Friday's chase will probably involve GA, SC, NC, TN, VA and then KY. See ya Friday afternoon.

Bill

Yeah!! What SHE said!!!! :clap:

Hey Shannon - I've been practicing my arm wrestling moves! Watch out girl! :wave:

Good thing! ;) Seriously, can't wait to meet you!

( ... and Jim, I appreciate the vote of confidence! :grin:)

What time you leaving Shannon? Deb and I are going to snake up thru Crossville, Jamestown, Elgin to Pine Knot Ky and into Williamsburg Ky. But I don't think we are leaving Dunlap till 1-1:30pm.

PS Deb is much faster than the last time you road with us :)

Hi Alan!

Would love to join you, but I'm not going to be able to get out of Nashville until 12:30 or 1:00 p.m. myself

Look forward to seeing you and Deb there!

Archived