IGNORED

Richard Needs some good Kharma in NoCal

azkaisr

Hey All;

299951469_kREb8-L.jpg

Richard, BeniciaRT_GT, is in the hospital in the bay area tonight fighting an infection in his throat and could use some good thoughts. I have been in contact with Jacqueline just now and she tells me he seems to be responding to the antibiotics. The Doctors want to keep him for a bit longer to make sure all is ok and to run a few more tests. She asked me to post this so I am.

He has no phone or way to contact him as of tonight but once he can, you can bet he will love to hear from us and I will let you all know. It will also make him smile to know that his bigger family here is thinking and pulling for him so I encourage you to post.

He may be a royal pain, but he is one of my two friends in the world and I love the dude like a brother. Get better soon amigo.

Tom

Francois_Dumas

Richard, I always told you NOT to argue with Jacqueline so much !!!!! Now look ! (I know for 35 years that you can't win from small women :dopeslap: ).

Seriously, all good vibes and wishes on their way to you across the Atlantic and the US, Richard ! Get well quickly my friend !!!! :clap::clap:

Nina and Francois

bakerzdosen

Get well man. I'd call, but I'm guessing you wouldn't answer... (throat and all...)

I really hope you feel better.

What a slacker - has a couple of weeks off then fakes some sick days! :wave:

A Richard that can't talk - that actually sounds pretty good...

lawnchairboy
What a slacker - has a couple of weeks off then fakes some sick days! :wave:

A Richard that can't talk - that actually sounds pretty good...

:grin:

hope you are feeling better soon richard.

Joe Frickin' Friday

157615776-L.jpg

Richard, your destiny is in your own hands. Take care of yourself, do what the docs say. Get better soon.

D***, so much for that photoshop idea I had. Something to do with Richard's face, and this body:

BobPalininCody_005.jpg

:)

Hope this clears up soon!

Jan

D***, so much for that photoshop idea I had. Something to do with Richard's face, and this body:
Richard can only dream of having a body like that....
Matts_12GS
Richard can only dream of having a body like that....

Body of a God.....

Buddha!

Richard, I hope you're feeling better soon my friend.

Richard, best wishes on a quick recovery. I can't believe you've gone from that vivacious person at Torrey, to being in a hospital. It must have hit hard and quick. But I know you'll beat it.

Prayers on the way.

Sending every thought and prayers for a speedy recovery your way Richard.

Man a Richard that can't talk is like a bird that can't fly...he's gotta be going nuts!

Richard,

I hope you get well quickly!

...and doing unspeakable things with a camel will soon get you as good of a reputation as Wurty's!

P.S.: The camel is hoping you get well soon. You are missed!

Jerry_75_Guy

Well this most assuredly sucks!

Get well soon Rich; all those 'pilot types' won't be able to get their 'long, shiney fuselages' 'up' and pointed skyward without you :thumbsup: ,

so heal up fast!

ericfoerster

HEAL......(a bump on the head like Benny Hinn does)

Prayers from Tejas...

Healing powers from the Foerster compound in West Texas (the compound that hasn't been raided)

Calvin  (no socks)

Get well soon Bud.....All my extra Kharma coming your way.... You must have gotten the "last one out of Torrey bug".....

Richard, git thee outta the hospital. Karma on its way, and if there's anything you or Jacqueline could use help with don't hesitate to say the word.

Firefight911

Get well soon!! So, ya went to Torrey and got yourself a CTD (Camel Transmitted Disease).

Roll over, the nice nurse has a nice shot for ya!!!!

107191382_F4ztj-M.jpg

Jacqueline

What’s up with Richard…

Richard stayed at Torrey a little longer than I, but arrived home Tue. evening about 7 pm., by 9 pm he said his throat was sore. The next morning as I was leaving for work Richard said he was going to see the Doctor as his throat felt worse. I called him about 9:30am to see if he got in to see the Doctor only for him to tell me he was worse and couldn't breathe; he was going to go to the emergency room. Once he was there they took him right in... his epiglottis was so inflamed it was shutting off his breathing passage. He had a bad infection going on and was running a fever. He was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit where they hooked him up to machines to monitor all his vitals and started pumping him full of antibiotics and steroids.

Thurs. morning they put a scope down his nose to take another look at his epiglottis... the FRIST thing the Doctor asked was "are you a smoker?” (An immediate kick in the gut.) The swelling has gone down some to reveal a growth on his epiglottis and sore vocal cords... NOT good news for someone who smoked for 25 years. (Richard just stopped smoking back in Oct.)

Late Thurs. evening they moved Richard out of ICU, and into a Unit where he still was being watched very closely. This morning the two Ear, Nose, & Throat Doctors scoped Richard again (tube down the nose to look at his throat). They were both in agreement to what they saw… an enlarged epiglottis and vocal cords on the left side not moving and they spoke those words that NO ONE wants to hear… the C word: radiation, chemo-therapy…. A direct kick to the groin!!!! (Even I felt that kick!) :cry::cry::cry:

Richard and I like both of the Doctors, their frankness, their bedside manners, but we are not crazy about what they have prepared us for. Richard will have a biopsy early Tues. morning to confirm what the Doctors seem so sure of…or HOPEFULLY it will prove not to be.

Richard was released from the hospital this afternoon and I’m hoping he will be able to get some much needed sleep… One can not sleep in ICU or a hospital period. The swelling has gone down from what it was Wednesday, but there is still swelling and pain. Anyone that knows Richard, knows he’s doesn’t let much slow him down… Richard and I are preparing for the challenge before us… T

FYI… it was Calvin that kissed the Camel… :)

Firefight911

Thank you for filling us in. Since Larry told me last night I have been spinning in circles.

Jamie and I are at the ready for ANYTHING you may need. Now is not the time to be proud! Just ask and we are there for ya.

God Bless and let us know what we can do to help out.

P.S. Hmmm, now may be the time for that little "clean up" you and Jamie had spoken about a while back!!!!!!

Ouch!!! :cry:

Hoping for the best.

Glad he's out of the hospital. Hopefully he'll be feeling much better tomorrow after he sleeps and you guys can get out a bit this weekend.

Jan

Still processing this. Just saw & spoke with him a week ago in Torrey.

Sending prayers and good thoughts north from so cal.

I wish we lived a little closer......

Please remember you guys are not alone.......your cyber-family is as strong as any in the world. We all want to help. Mr and Mrs Whip can be there within 24 hours anytime you need us.

Be strong for each other.

Larry and Louise

With the implementation of Richie's super strong constitution this medical malady will be overcome!

You can't keep a good man down...

(unless of course she uses the fuzzy handcuffs on him!)

We are all here for you my man. You know that.

BeniciaRT_GT

Thanks to all of you for the incredible warm wishes, Karma, and prayers! :wave:

What a week! Like Jacqueline said, I'm just exhausted from going to a place that is supposed to make you better? :eek: I literally never got more than 2 hours sleep at a time, and didn't sleep much more than 8 hours total in three days there.

The ER was interesting as they really started moving when I started to get worse in a hurry. It did get a little scary there for a little while. Once in the ICU we all agreed that intubation would only be done if all else failed.

Lucky for me I only lost my voice for a couple of hours or so.

I'm not naive enough to think I can just will this away, however, I'm no stranger to adversity, and I do love a good fight. I do believe attitude and keeping up the fight can make a big difference. I also know that I truly do have family here, and that helps immensely...

I do wish to make one thing perfectly clear: I DID NOT KISS THAT CAMEL!!! (add your own jowl shaking/Nixon impersonation here)

Now let's see how long I can milk this to keep Jacqueline from taking off to Alaska.

We'll keep y'all updated.

Firefight911

Lucky for me I only lost my voice for a couple of hours or so.

Lucky for you, not so much for us . . .

I do wish to make one thing perfectly clear: I DID NOT KISS THAT CAMEL!!! (add your own jowl shaking/Nixon impersonation here)

It's your story, you tell it!

Love ya man. It warms to see you posting with your sense . . ., err, wait a minute, what am I thinking!? You don't have any. Anyway, thanks for calming the nerves over here. Best thing is to see your humor and fighting spirit intact!

Hot one and I are sending our hugs and kisses your way!

Now let's see how long I can milk this to keep Jacqueline from taking off to Alaska.

We'll keep y'all updated.

I told her that we didn't have to leave for Hyder until Wednesday next week since you are a little under the weather. :wave:

Seriously bro, you need anything, let me know. I can be in NoCal in a matter of hours.

Tom

Richard,

It wasn't the kissing of the camel, it was the other thing you did.....

If I can provide any assistance or support, please call me.

Having recently been slapped with the "C" word, I can relate to where you're at!

Good luck licking this thing!

Les is more

You know we have done our dance with cancer. You also know that we're here for ANYTHING you may need.

Love, love and more love.

Love ya man. It warms to see you posting with your sense . . ., err, wait a minute, what am I thinking!? You don't have any. Anyway, thanks for calming the nerves over here. Best thing is to see your humor and fighting spirit intact!

Hot one and I are sending our hugs and kisses your way!

Hey Richard- before I'd catch one of Phil's kisses, I think I would take my chances with the camel...

Seriously- The Missus and I send prayers, karma, hey- everthing we can your way. We too are only a few hours away if you need anything- please give us a call.

Mark

Rich, I believe you are going to get through this.

Prayers, positive thoughts, Good Kaaaarma, and a big sloppy kiss, (virtual of course) all on the way.

(and don't mind Whip, eat all the scrambled eggs you like!)

Archived