IGNORED

Cedar Key IV

tallman

Guess you better buy her drinks at lunch then.....

I bet she'll tell the stories, I'll slip her a percocet or something like that!

Ohhhh, I'm soooooooooooooooooo going now!

My wife and I would love to ride up if y'all are okay with meeting us new people. She just got a pristine '03 F650GS and she's itchin' for a reason (excuse) to ride it on a trip.

I figure this'll be as good a reason as any. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hey so how many usually are there? I'll be there for my first get together with you folks, arriving Friday evening and staying until Sunday morning. Looking forward to meeting you all. wave.gif

Pete,

We've seen an increase from about 60/70 to over 100 last year.

But, as with all things, number of people will vary due to many different criteria.

As people meet us, they may be less likely to show up. grin.gif

Thank goodness there are so many other fine people to get to know. dopeslap.gif

Tallahassee area, we'll meet at the Chevron station on South Monroe and Gaille Avenue for 7 a.m. departure.

It will be cold, but warm up.

Zach, bring the right gear for Amy blush.gifthumbsup.gif.

There is a group being organised from the Destin/SeaSide area that Bob Foley is talking with.

They would have to leave pretty early to come over, but there are several contemplating that.

Other cities, chime in with your meeting places as there are probably riders from Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa, Melbourne, Daytona, etc. who may want to hook up.

If you ride over solo or in a small group, don't forget to ask a new friend if they want to head back with your group.

Overnighters, any feedback from those of you there on Friday night as to a dinner place for Saturday would be fine. As long as we can watch the sun set over the water, which limits choices. We've always gone to Frog's at lunch and elsewhere for dinner, but 2 meals at Frog's could work if that is the best option.

Checking to see if they can handle a group of 20 or so without any problems is fine. In the past we've been able to just tell the restaurant in the early afternoon about the number for dinner and they've accomodated us.

Google%20Earth%20View.jpg

Looking forward to it.

There will be a Tampa group meeting at Emily's Restaurant on Hwy. 19 in Homosassa. We'll be leaving for Cedar Key from there at 10 a.m. on Saturday but you can get there earlier for one of their great breakfasts.

Rich, Are you staying for dinner on Saturday?

No. A bunch of the Tampa riders are going to Venice, FL on Sunday morning for a lecture by photographer Clyde Butcher (Florida's Ansel Adams.) So we will be heading home after the lunch at Cedar Key.

tim..once again sorry i can't make it. kinda office bound for the next few months. all you folks have fun and ride safe (and watch who you park in front of!).

Calvin  (no socks)

Richard, are you sleeping in... grin.gif

I am heading out early"ish" 04:30, and should be in Cedar Key at breakfast time... 07:00- 08:00..... Anyone?.... Anyone?.....

Calvin,

I'll be there friday afternoon. Call me for breakfast meeting. Find my gloves yet or does Richard still have them?

Still planning on being truck-bound there with my crutches! wave.gifthumbsup.gif

No problem Matt, There will be a few of us there that will

help you up the stairs. wink.gif

Still planning on being truck-bound there with my crutches! wave.gifthumbsup.gif

No problem Matt, There will be a few of us there that will

help you up the stairs. wink.gif

That's good, because I'll help him down the stairs. grin.gifdopeslap.gif

That's good, because I'll help him down the stairs. grin.gifdopeslap.gif

Friends like you Tim... Wow.

Hell, I have trouble enough with stairs without the crutches, I'm fully capable of falling down on my own! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Calvin, Marty

I'm getting in Friday night. You can call me Sat AM for breakfast (561) 212-1000

Hey Eric,

You buying? grin.gif

Dinner friday night? 404/580-4300

Okey dokey then.

Just remember, they don't play "Dixie" there...

Hey, maybe you should put "General Lee" on the tank of the Katoom... it is that purty orange after all...

GeneralLeeScooter_resized.jpg

Crutches huh??? You can just stay in the truck, I'm sure the bride would have a better time with you sitting down there anyway! Or if you must attempt the stairs......I got 12-1 on you making it up and 3-1 on you dumping it on the way down! lmao.gif

Seriously, hope it all goes OK for you on Thursday.

Lone_RT_rider
Wow! You trying out to be an NBA ref or something???

Nah, Pete Rose was my idol as a kid!

Pete Rose still is my Idol.... smile.gif

Valve adjustment..... check!

TBS......... Check!

Oil change.........Check!

Brake fluid change.....that's next after dinner

Fix loose wires and rear aux lights that have been flashing for over 3 years......check! (no, hell didn't freeze over).

Panels go back on and GPS gets programed tonight. I think its an omen, but the TBS was dead on with no help from me all the way to 5K after the valve adjustment.

Now.... on to business....Was someone saying something about dinner in Jax on Friday night?

grin.gifthumbsup.gif

IN!!!

Shawn

Wow! You trying out to be an NBA ref or something???

Nah, Pete Rose was my idol as a kid!

Pete Rose still is my Idol.... smile.gif

Valve adjustment..... check!

TBS......... Check!

Oil change.........Check!

Brake fluid change.....that's next after dinner

Fix loose wires and rear aux lights that have been flashing for over 3 years......check! (no, hell didn't freeze over).

Panels go back on and GPS gets programed tonight. I think its an omen, but the TBS was dead on with no help from me all the way to 5K after the valve adjustment.

Now.... on to business....Was someone saying something about dinner in Jax on Friday night?

grin.gifthumbsup.gif

IN!!!

Shawn

clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

IN!!!

[/color]

Shawn

Sweet!

What time do you think you'll be here? I'll get a reservation for us Friday and do a ride plan. Figure on something between Golden Corral and Ruth's Chris.... lmao.gif

pedro cerveza
Calvin, Marty

I'm getting in Friday night. You can call me Sat AM for breakfast (561) 212-1000

Hey Eric,

You buying? grin.gif

Dinner friday night? 404/580-4300

I knew that would happen bncry.gif

as long as we get in time for the early bird.

See you Friday

I'll be there Friday night too. Can I crash the dinner plans? (239)253-4801. What time are you going up Friday Eric? I'll be leaving Naples around 0900 Friday morning.

Lone_RT_rider

I am shooting for about 4 PM. I took the entire day off. I stopping for lunch along the way... I am also going to try to get a decent start in the morning (no, not that early Calvin!). We'll see how damned cold it is at 8 to 9 AM. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Shawn

pedro cerveza
I'll be there Friday night too. Can I crash the dinner plans? (239)253-4801. What time are you going up Friday Eric? I'll be leaving Naples around 0900 Friday morning.

Absolutely. You can help pay for Marty's dinner lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif I should roll in around 5. I'm riding up from Sebring by way of Apopka.

I can tell already you're my kind of people! OK see you guys Friday evening and I'll keep your #'s handy so we can meet up for some dinner and conversation.

I can tell already you're my kind of people! OK see you guys Friday evening and I'll keep your #'s handy so we can meet up for some dinner and conversation.

Be careful Bill, they ain't the tame kind of blue hairs you're used to! lmao.gif

I'm getting free VIP passes to the 24hrs of Daytona this weekend, so now I'm probably out. I was looking forward to meeting you guys. Next time for sure!!

For riders attending the Cedar Key's ride from Northwest Florida. 3 of us will be leaving at 6 a.m. from the BP station on Hwy 20 and Hwy 77 Near Panama City. You are welcome to join us. Ride Safe. thumbsup.gif

Rick,

Lunch is 11 ish, that's when the kitchen opens.

But, people will be hanging all day, and overnite, (at least some of us).

See Bob Foley's post above for a group just an hour east of you leaving @6.

Arrive safely, we'll be there.

Are you staying overnight?

BTW

not certain if it is this Saturday or the next one, but Frog's has 179 Sorority girls booked for dinner one of those evenings.

Nobody tell Marty. tongue.gifeek.gif

Archived