IGNORED

Cedar Key IV

tallman

In keeping with the 100 day notification requirement for the AARP members, please be advised that Cedar Key IV will be on Saturday, January 26, 2008.

Last year over 100 riders visited Cedar Key and we’re looking for a bigger turnout this year.

http://www.cedarkey.org/index.html

Same time and place to meet and eat. On the waterfront at Frog’s Landing on Dock Street.

frogs_landing_front.jpg

Lunch, @ 11:30

Some (last year about 25) folks remain overnight, meet for dinner, and an evening of music, dancing, stargazing.

Lodging information

http://www.cedarkey.org/members.php

If you’ve never been there, Cedar Key is a small, waterfront, artist community, where you can park the bike, stroll the cobblestone streets, visit galleries, and enjoy the vistas.

Sunset.jpg

This is a chance to meet other board members, catch up with friends, and have a good time in a relaxed, casual environment.

Hope to see you there.

Great. thumbsup.gif

How about overnight w/the boss?

As people decide to participate, feel free to post a when and where for meeting up with other riders.

Expect folks to head over from Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and other locales.

Frequently Alabama, Georgia, and N/S Carolinians, migrate south too.

I'll start.

Tallahassee area.

We'll depart about 7 a.m. from the Inland station at S. Monroe St. and Gaille Ave.

Beth and I are staying overnight at the HarbourMaster.

They require 2 night booking for waterfront rooms.

There are many choices, most within walking distance of Dock Street.

Tim,

Only 100 days notice, I may turn in my card. Hardly enough time to get ready.

In...at the usual dump for friday and saturday nights. wave.gif

IN IN IN....Been hitting this ball out of the park since they have been pitching it........

Bernie....just tell me the leaving time !!!!!

P.S. BMWNEF Winter Rally.....January 18-20

Lets_Play_Two
Great. thumbsup.gif

How about overnight w/the boss?

As people decide to participate, feel free to post a when and where for meeting up with other riders.

Expect folks to head over from Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and other locales.

Frequently Alabama, Georgia, and N/S Carolinians, migrate south too.

I'll start.

Tallahassee area.

We'll depart about 7 a.m. from the Inland station at S. Monroe St. and Gaille Ave.

Beth and I are staying overnight at the HarbourMaster.

They require 2 night booking for waterfront rooms.

There are many choices, most within walking distance of Dock Street.

No departure details yet but Bill and Penelope are booked at the Harbourmaster for Friday and Saturday night. clap.gif

Probably in, with The Wife.

In case you haven't caught on by now, Probably Inn is my favorite place to stay when planning BMWST attendance. grin.gif

Probably in, with The Wife.

In case you haven't caught on by now, Probably Inn is my favorite place to stay when planning BMWST attendance. grin.gif

I hear their frequent cancellation policy is great! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

• 1 month later...

man, any time the Police start asking for money, I'm looking for hidden cameras or a 60 minutes editor.... lmao.gif

We're still in. Where are the overnighters assembling? I stayed at the Gulf Side last time because I like that nice dock on the water there, but if folks are staying closer to "downtown" I'd rather be where the group is.

man, any time the Police start asking for money, I'm looking for hidden cameras or a 60 minutes editor.... lmao.gif

Hey now, like firemen, we have side jobs too! Besides, how am I gonna get that new RT?

Hmmm, shaking down snowbirds in RVs? Come on man, I've been in FL most of my life, I know how you guys work. And with your commute, I'd think taking the work motor home and doing your "Civic Duty" for contributions to the PBA should get you that RT by Bike Week! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gif

Hmmm, shaking down snowbirds in RVs? Come on man, I've been in FL most of my life, I know how you guys work. And with your commute, I'd think taking the work motor home and doing your "Civic Duty" for contributions to the PBA should get you that RT by Bike Week! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gif

That's great, lets address the points one at a time....1st those snowbirds are used to handing over a sawbuck with a PBA card along with the license, thus no shakedown, they're just thanking us for our good service, like a waiter at a food joint ..secondly, I'm back to uniform patrol now, so no work motor....and finally, as for Fl LEO's, we're smarter then that, just look at the incident in Orlando, FHP found 60 lbs of dope and is asking the owner to come get it back!

We're still in. Where are the overnighters assembling? I stayed at the Gulf Side last time because I like that nice dock on the water there, but if folks are staying closer to "downtown" I'd rather be where the group is.

Matt,

People are staying in various places. The cost factor varies greatly. We're at the HarbourMaster. But, everything is a 1-5 minute walk from Dock Street, if not on it.

After lunch, some hang time, good time to walk off the calories, then we'll pick a time, usualyy a bit before sundown, to meet for dinner.

Afterwards, stargazing, dancing, acting childish, singing optional.

Breakfast, proably at Annies.

I'm at the gulfside motel/about 1 block from the restaurant. No idea why it isn't listed. Guess they don't want any more like me showing up. lmao.gif

Yeah, he's a good guy too.

We met him about 10 years ago, when B. was building their brand around the SE a bit more.

I was trying to work with them on a training project to get them to do the 1 day class he teaches in Gainesville as CBT for new owners. Something to refer to, etc.

I always wanted to go up to Road ATL and do the PDE w/him, I just haven't made the time for it yet... One of these days...

... Now I gotta deal w/Danny's kinfolk in Alabamastan wave.gif

DirtDOG.gif

Sorry, I meant Kin Folk since it's a proper noun when speaking Alabamese

This year I'm in ! I see Tallman is at the Harbour Master, but where should I stay if it's just me and I want to be "in town". I've never been to Cedar Key. Where are you staying Pete?

I went last year alas, I was on Ugg my V Strom. Felt somewhat like an outcast but some B riders did ask me a few questions about him.

Aside from eating and standing in the street talking BMW, are there any other functions at this thing? Apparently there is a car show or something unrelated but that's all I was privey to.

Wyn,

This started as a meet, greet, and eat, 4 years ago.

The emphasis is on the social side of our community, as there were many people who "knew" each other, but had never met.

So, this is an opportunity to meet, other board members, SO's, and their friends. Introduce yourself.

While we share a common interest in motorcycles, and usually the BMW marque, there are many other topics of discussion when we get together.

People have discovered shared interests, backgrounds, previous residency, and other fun stuff that isn't always part of our participation on the Board.

The Internet is one way to communicate and share ideas.

But there is something to be said for good old face to face interpersonal relationships.

People also meet and ride with old/new friends on the way to Cedar Key and some have maintained these new relationships over time.

So, introduce yourself, put a face (non avatar) with a name (non screen), and make a new friend.

Dinner with those staying overnight, or those riding home late, is optional, but expands the opportunity to interact.

Music and dancing, well, what happens in Cedar Key stays in Cedar Key.

Unless there are pictures. smirk.gif

See you there. wave.gif

Just looked in the fridge...I've got mine. wave.gif

Marty,

if your brand of Tequilla says refrigerate after opening , you may need to upgrade. tongue.gif

cool.gifgrin.gif

Archived