IGNORED

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

1053094305_ESnNr-L.jpg

Terlingua and “mind” Bash... TX

Time is moving on and so are the words on the pages of this future book of mine, maybe “books”. What a big time consuming affair and yet a project I am enjoying more and more reliving myself past moments one entry at the time as I am writing it backwards, however will be printed in a normal chronological order.

In the meantime a couple entries have gone on our Journal. Lance's Birthday has come and passed and their own moments weighing me down with such a force it at times makes me loose my breath. “Terlingua Bash” happened last weekend. Music Jams all over town as we witnessed (Spirit likes Music also... and the attention!) such incredible talents back to back with no rest, free for the listener within a Family type environment, as the expression says “egos are left at the door...”. A gathering of “Pirates” at “Passing Winds” and the grand finale, the Sunset overlooking the Chisos, an exceptional one, one I would have not missed for anything. Mother Nature was generous that evening, when will Photographers understand that the only Photoshop needed is patience, admiration and more patience? A couple entries later, here we are on a Monday, preparing to leave for Bisbee, Arizona, on Wednesday for the opening of our Show at Panterra Gallery Saturday evening. Maybe we can see some of you's there...

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery...

1045457155_xf2CL-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1065351566_Qsbsc-L.jpg

Busy in Bisbee, AZ

We are already on our way back to Big Bend and only now have had a bit of time to breathe and regain composure. The “real world” is have to say “busy”. There must be a better word for it but I cannot think of it. The ride over and this present ride back are just perfection, weather, tail wind both ways, all except for my rear shock which has lost all it's oil and for myself an eye infection too slowly getting better. A spare shock is awaiting for me to use while I send this one back to be repaired, the support on Motorcycle Forums is just so incredible. Invited for dinners, prepared one myself, the Show with a great turn out, all happening so fast, all however a great experience. They now have, the photos, a nice Home were they will permanently hang, maybe some will find another good Home, there were no buyers on this first night out, it does not surprise me, I don't think “Art” is selling very well these days. Maybe eventually it will turn around, Bisbee is a busy town, the attendance were mostly Locals always inundaded with such occasion. Many Friends however also showed up, it was the icing on the cake, from as far as Denver, Breckenridge, Colorado City, Tucson, Benson and more. Great times. The start of it all is on the Journal including a fantastic Flam Chen!

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1069468782_uokFR-M.jpg

Is it “Fantasy” or “Reality”. TX.

Bisbee and back. What a physical and mental ride it has been. This Desert here is so calm compared to anywhere else, including this little town we spend a few days in and around. “Riding” is such an incredible pathway to thoughts of the mind as the miles roll on and yet is it all “reality” or “fantasy”? Maybe a bit of both. Bluntly speaking, meeting a beautiful inside out Soul elaborating on a chemistry unlike felt from long ago, at another moment witnessing a tragic accident, it all creates a certain sense of not wanting to put away for later what today can be accomplished and taken steps forward to. The path receives this label called “unknown” and yet, we fool ourselves too often thinking the future is within our control, thinking “we know”. We don't. Either way we do not. What is then the difference from stepping into the ladder ahead when there is no control of it's own height ahead. “Follow your Heart” my Friends have told me, but of course. Emotions are in themselves so beautiful, such a privilege to be Human and feel the depth of it all. There is a story here, coincidentally happens to be my 600th entry. Also a few more Photos from Bisbee, the Show... the “Mystery Lady”...

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1077307811_zST37-L.jpg

The “Black and White” Boogie Man. Texas

These past chapters are as ending up being much thoughts while riding. The roads are not as demanding on the attention span and the mind allows itself to go on thinking... always with permission! The ride, the space we end up into was the “swimming hole”, always magical when experiencing the forms and shapes carved over these past few gazillion years, it is utmost silence as the road itself leading to it seems to belong to another planet. I say “black and white” within the title of this entry for the reason to have finally these past years opened up to gray areas when encountering others, when being on this stage which passes by now at an alarming speed. There is such an increasing comfort zone when thinking as such. The “Day of the Dead” has now come and gone, today we are packing to go on to Tucson for the “All Souls procession” which will be followed by a “Flam Chen”. Suddenly it is an experience I do not want to miss, be at least a witness of it all once. It will all happen for us on Sunday evening and we should be back here a couple days after, I need to jump back into the disciplined stage of writing this Book and also a Cookbook I decided on. Accordingly, the photos of this entry are also in “black and white”.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1085517416_nnhLp-L.jpg

I wonder who left the door open? Tucson. AZ

As always, since cooperating weather, a great ride back again to Tucson. This weekend has come and gone by too quickly, we will already be back at “The Oasis” tonight to start filling up the pages of the Books in progress. The City Life for a few days... I so much realize all is a constant compromise being on this path of our Journey. Spending a few hours on a Sunday morning walking tthrough an incredible Farmer's Market was as a kid in a toy store... so much we have been missing. Yet, I did not find what Mother Nature's landscapes and mood offers us day in and day out. We cannot have it all... can we? Another event we attended was the “All Souls Procession” followed by a “Flam Chen” throughout a well behaved crowd they say of over 20,000. It sure did not feel as so many were surrounding us. All with some home cooked meals in the company of my Friend Robin, a couple years after very briefly meeting in Ely, here we were spending time under the same roof discussing our thoughts and the School of Life seemingly the same one we have both and still do attend. Two more... “Audrey”, sweet Dog, “Lovey”, the coolest cat I have ever met, all five of us, and one more “Spirit” of course, it was a refreshing weekend filled with smiles and sentiments I had not felt, none of us actually had felt in a very long time. A few photos on the Journal ...

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1090994174_cVmYW-L.jpg

The Call of the Desert. TX

We all have calls. Some professionals, some hobbies, some of many. On the road for four years, the path does not allow for many to materialize and yet some have made their ways into our lives. My buddy Spirit, writing my own thoughts as just another Life story for my own personal reasons, photography, traveling into my favorite spaces and discovering new ones, new Friends, riding and more riding, camping and cooking as I see them hand in hand, growth of the mind and soul, I realize there are more than I ever imagined would materialize. The strongest one always so appealing to me, providing this comfort zone I think most seek for has been the Deserts. Much has been written about Deserts, their attributes fills up many books and so often adjectives, words, they just cannot convey the feeling they provide to the senses sharpened by such presence. It use to be, and still is only less, the preference where the Mountains. The balance has now swayed, has for a while as maybe besides it all, it is the vision unencumbered watching the horizon while riding as on a vast ocean moved incessantly by Mother Nature. The ride a couple days ago proved it again.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

1102729588_4tAfE-L.jpg

Of Days to come... TX

Suddenly it is all about Thanksgiving. Generally spend in our Desert, maybe a pot luck in years past for a couple hours or so, but not this year. We our on our way to Tucson, yes again, it is a happy occasion... what's another 1200 miles to spend a few days with a good Friend, great company and I know good food. The pull for such decision was strong, I would like to say I left it in Spirit's hands, but it was not so. :-)

The ride is of a familiar one, yet seeing what I had not seen before is an easy task, almost a game and tunes make the miles go by with a bit more pleasantness.

A bit earlier, a new space we found being invited at a Bed and Breakfast in Marathon I had never been or honestly never even heard of. “Eve's Garden”, 10 years of buildup, a magical and colorful papercrete dwelling, or should I say dwellings with 8 guest rooms and what was to me as a maze and a photographer's playground.

Short and sweet, I hope everyone is in good company with good Friends as it should be, good Food as is always is...

Happy Thanksgiving

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

1113462989_a7LWv-M.jpg

Where is your “Silver Spoon”? Tucson.AZ

This “Thanksgiving” has brought new meaning to our Journey, without a doubt. The feeling is of a powerful one, the mind and soul here are set to make it a daily “Thanksgiving”. And why not? We have so much to be thankful for, it is so easy, too easy to let that day go by and forget it all. The path is brought in and served by a “Silver Spoon” if we only take the time to grab it's handle. We are still in Tucson, had a bit of a medical situation yesterday in the form of a possible “hernia” which turned out to be true. Mild it is and with a bit of rest we should be good to go on Monday back to “The Oasis”, the always magical space awaiting for us. We will miss much, there is no doubt. One day at the time it is always our sentiment. Not much riding but much cooking here in a full and well pointed kitchen, enjoy the photos... they are all part of the Journey present. The never ending one.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1119740379_RyspJ-L.jpg

A walk in the wash... Tucson. AZ

I almost feel as we both deserve a medal for finishing the 400 miles back to “The Oasis” yesterday. Not normally a big accomplishment, except for Spirit who as a real trooper never complaining of the miles, but only thinking so because of this not going away hernia pain. I am too well aware it will not vanish on it's own, now comes the steps trying to figure it all out as far as surgery, a task in itself when no Health Insurance is available. I know as always a door will open to take away this one more obstacle. One has to stay on the positive track of it all. On the much plus side also the weather cooperated with us in such an incredible way. December and still no heated gear needed with the added attraction of a tail wind which made “Old Faithful” purr every ongoing mile. We had a chance in Tucson to hike a beautiful wash the other day, it was deserted, different Desert from here, different cactus's, an open door to experience Mother Nature so close to an Urban environment. We also cooked a lot these past couple weeks and the recipes going up on the Journal are only a matter of time. Enjoy... we sure did!

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1125528787_xic4G-M.jpg

The loss of time... TX

Lots of cooking happens always in a nice kitchen and I finally had a chance to go through the photos and post some of the recipes. “Melted Brie cups...”, “Spanakopita...” and more. And on now it is sitting here packing up to go back to Tucson for both the Holidays and hernia surgery. In that order! I will be driving and one more time as when I went to see my Mother in Germany “Old Faithful” will stay behind. Not Spirit though! That is a big break. What happened to the uneventful winter I thought we would have? In my more recent entry I posted a video which I try to watch everyday. It is about living “the moment”. An aspect I am finding more and more so important as the years go by and the unexpected is always around the corner. I hope you enjoy it and opens up a new door with a fresh outlook on the days to come. Short bursts of riding is about all we have been able to do lately, cabin fever does not suit us very well. Amazingly riding is not too bad on the hernia, not as bad as forgetting about it and trying to lift much, as everything around here weighs much it seems like! Winter only made it's mark one day with a morning temperature of... 12! No complains, I do know about the blizzards up north. We are here very thankful and fortunate as we should always be.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1129825479_RRYZy-M.jpg

Crossroads of Times... Texas

We have stood there at “The Oasis” for days, unable to ride more than 60 miles a day, and that is with paying a painful physical price. A flat tire this morning while on our way to check the mail, and that did it... “White Elephant”, 23” RV, has come to the rescue and we have started our trek back to Tucson where the Holidays will come first followed by my hernia surgery. Great plan! It is comfort, warmth, easy travel, maybe too easy, yet very odd as besides four wheels we are on foot and will make the best of it. We made it as far as Alpine today, a huge 60 miles, some food shopping which “how nice, it can go directly in the fridge”, some hardware stuff as always and a nap which took me almost beyond Sunset, awaken by ambulance and police car sirens, the train passing by and whistling to no end and now for some unknown reason a dog on-stop barking in the distance. Poor Dog, I know his throat is going to be so sore. Spirit here on the other hand is also nice and comfy. I know even with his coat and heated blanket it must be cold for him in the hack. I almost forgot to feed him tonight throughout this new path we are on. The one aspect I have enjoyed so far is the lack of attention we always attract. It is as traveling “incognito”. The main aspect of it all however as I have written in my Journal is the fact that for the first time in years the Holiday Spirit has descended on me, on us.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1132918405_8BYyT-M.jpg

Being “flinchy” today... Marfa, Texas

It was a couple days on the road, everything going through my mind suddenly piled high up, driving instead of riding, Lance again not being present for the Holidays, the thought of his seventh Anniversary coming up, surgery around the corner, more... All is well now, momentary “madness” maybe, “winter blues”... driving blues! When will I ever learn to live the “moment” as Spirit does? That's right... I am only “human”.

If you have ever driven through Marfa and stopped at the “Food Shark” for lunch, well, you are out of luck for the few coming days. Adam and Krista tied the knot on that same evening we had decided to spend the night in town. I was invited for the reception, a full on display of food, a couple wedding cakes and Music which I know went on for most of the night.

Not a time for Adventures I guess, or better “I know”. We will be in Tucson in a couple of days, I think that is where the true sketch of these Holidays will start. I could not be happier we are not spending them alone as these past years .

And just in case “Happy Holidays”... or is it too soon?

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1141537339_ysYGT-L.jpg

And on Christmas Day and beyond. AZ

I read the other day a good comment expressing our “domestication” onward from moving off the grid for the time being till surgery happens in a couple days. Enjoying the “moment” is always the path we are on and so these days are not any different than previous others. I sure can close my eyes and be transported back into our Desert, Mountain tops and Valleys we have so many times crossed, they are all memories which enhances the present, yet, the Holidays are lived gracefully and joyfully by both Spirit and I, my beautiful Friend Robin, “wet nose” Audrey and Ms. Cool Cat “Lovey”. Always much cooking, seemingly many errands which make me wonder how I manage with so few of those in our “normal” environment. The City must be conductive to jumping from store to store always “needing” something, maybe as jumping from boulder to boulder needing the feel of Mother Nature. I felt it when we took a drive up to Mt Lemon the other day before today's bad and beautiful weather. Just in case... have a Great and Happy New Year as every Day should be.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

1146748628_bfBHJ-M.jpg

2 4 1... Tucson, AZ

How could I ever turn down a two for one hernia repair? I have to think in a bizarre way about the good Karma of pain a couple days ago when the previously twice repaired right side started to create much discomfort. A quick word to the surgeon only minutes before the procedure about this new incident and now fixed up on both side as the old mesh had slipped away causing a wrongful blood flow. Close call, this could have been happening in the near future needing again another surgery. What good fortune! Slow going, very slow, barely off the neutral switch and happy we had gone out on New Year's Day to visit the Mission San Xavier a few miles south of us. Coincidentally it is where the stabbing pains started. Say no more, Life has it's mysterious ways. Enjoy the photos on the Journal mixed in with also some of my present favorite quotes.

Be Safe and well

Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ara has asked me to post this note. He is unable to log on to BMWST. Les has worked with him to give him some technical advice, but it hasn't worked to resolve his connectivity issue.

Ara is asking if anyone with a little technical savvy would contact him to try talk him through the issues.

You can contact him initially through his email address:

aragureghian@yahoo.com

Please post here if you are working with Ara, so we all know someone is on it.

Thanks,

Hi All,

Ara has asked me to post this note. He is unable to log on to BMWST. Les has worked with him to give him some technical advice, but it hasn't worked to resolve his connectivity issue.

Ara is asking if anyone with a little technical savvy would contact him to try talk him through the issues.

You can contact him initially through his email address:

aragureghian@yahoo.com

Please post here if you are working with Ara, so we all know someone is on it.

Thanks,

Technology is going to get us all, just good fortune the telephone man was here putting ina new modem... et voila... For some reason this forum is not logging me out anymore....

Will post our new adventures soon later on the day!

Be well... Ara & Spirit

Thank you Twisties.... very much

Edited by beemerchef

1174604765_HX2Bm-L.jpg

Chasing the clouds in and out of Big Bend Park. TX

Winter was kind to us a couple days ago. It showed it's sunny and warm face following a couple days cooped up with a severe case of cabin fever. Enough was enough. Not quite suppose to be riding, but... while taking it easy the temptation was greater than the threats from the surgeon. An early breakfast in Terlingua and on into the Park, that is Big Bend National Park. It had been a long time for us, short in others considerations I realize, over a month. The roads were bare from traffic as Spring Break is yet not here, the vast empty spaces for as far as one can see and a regained slow pace was the greatest prescription would could have used. For the both of us. It was as I had suddenly regained my composure, as if the balance of it all one more time was just perfect as stopping when we felt like it, eating when hungry, taking photos of nothing and everything, time had finally seemingly stopped it's clock. What a day it was, the photos will prove it. We will be looking for more of those days.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1179366236_Jp7qK-L.jpg

Hot Coffee, 0 Degrees and a good Dog Book... TX

These past days have been a bit rough for us, the temps dropping to as never before, yet, there is no complain when I witness the inches and inches of snow accumulating north of us. We actually had some great days being the most lazy ones we have had in a while. Not much outdoor activities while dressed in more layers than I can count, only to hook up some more propane and more propane, let Spirit run who himself after a few minutes would make the fastest run I have ever seen him do for indoor. A day or two have now past and besides strong winds all is back to normal, coats are put away, even trying to light up a fire to bake some bread and roast a chicken in the Dutch Oven. It is after all Sunday, it was an old custom in Europe a few Centuries ago everyone being able to roast a chicken for dinner. I think tomorrow will see us riding again, maybe River Road on to Presidio, I am sure I will see something I had never seen before, only looked at in the recent past. Enjoy the "winter photos" and my thoughts on this great Book I am now reading.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1185599057_RLUQk-L.jpg

There is a frenzy around here... TX

82 degrees today. Nights are still cool, of course... we are still in winter times, spring felt however when this warm sunshine hovers over us. It has been time for outdoors, cooking again over the fire, bread, whole roasted chicken and much more to come as my Friend Robin and her critters are coming down to visit us, it is after all Valentines Day soon.

For those wondering why I have chosen this Nomadic Life, specially as spring.summer.fall is around the corner and the roads far from us will call us, already have, a new Friend of mine, Becca Baker, has been published at StubbyDog with a very well written article about us, a tribute to Lance, the Journey and of course Spirit. This would be the first time someone does not for some editorial reasons twists the words concurred with me through an interview. I thought I would enter it in my Journal for everyone's benefit of understanding.

In the meantime it s a bit of cleaning around here, or maybe just shuffling the constant dust with live with from here to there...

Enjoy the article , I did.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1191280416_W2Lhy-L.jpg

On and around Valentines Day... TX

It has been an unusual week with the shadows of Valentines Day now behind us. Us meaning Robin, Audrey, (Spirit's four legged girl friend), Spirit and Miss Lovey, always the Cool Cat, a great traveler. Neither of us being for quantity, versus quality of time spend, it has been relaxing times with only a couple rides to show off the neighborhood. A ride to the “Swimming Hole”, which might be after the next rain probably be the last time as the road is already half way washed out, one long day through the Park down Maverick road to Santa Helena Canyon and back through Castolon with a jaunt to the Basin and it's Lodge, short stop overs at Sotol Look Out and Mules Ears. This ride is my favorite one expanding the geological diversity of the Park. There is a saying here which goes as such... “When Earth was created all the left overs were dumped in Big Bend”. Much cooking over the fire, sunsets always the back drops of our wonderful evenings, full Moon last night lighting up this vast empty spaces as almost daylight. The weather a bit on the warm side, it hit 104 yesterday in full sun, but will take it over the past teen's we have had here in recent past.

More in the http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1194970666_yyYWX-M.jpg

Thanking my Present Destiny... TX

We have sat here pretty much these past winters. I always thought this is a good space for us, as it is, and yet, lately I have been thinking, even telling some Friends about being over-saturated with the area. Kind of like “been there, done that... too many times”. I have even added, sometimes, we will not be back here next winter. A funny thing happen however the other day while playing guide in Big Bend Park with Robin while she was visiting us for a week or so, as she pointed out this and that, I realized that I had seen nothing yet. For someone such as me who travels the roads with such a slow pace, it was a big surprise. I actually was shocked when I realize I had never noticed this rock formation, or that one, or even some roads foreign to me. It reminded me of my Life when working in Florida and living on a sailboat and yet, never going to the beach.

We don't have long here, I started going the camping gear today, will probably do a dry run into... the Park itself for a few nights and toward Death Valley we will go. Follow the weather, follow the path as always as it is calling us more than ever.

So... some more photos of Big Bend Park in the Journal this time.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

I see each place anew with every visit. Some quality of light, or season, or nuance is always different and some new aspect is always featured.

Yes, I agree with that... This is one space we have been the most over and over and I think, I know, I almost lost that feeling!... Thanks.

1200109511_sH4S4-L.jpg

A bit North of here... TX

Right now the winds have unleashed with a fury. The clear blue skies have turned into a liquid mud, visibility is I would call it “rare”, sand bursts are passing by at great speed, it is a weighing hot, a humid air that will only allow me to breath mixed in with powder and sand. Everything has changed so rapidly. It is as we have moved onto another Planet flying in with a heavy turbulence yet not so foreign as familiar throughout the year as also throughout the country, yet always a bit unnerving as the wind finding it's path under my skin.

A couple days ago was a different stage. One has to seize in these times the opportunity to ride as we did when I decided to go on a bit north of here. Ft Davis, the Mc Donald Observatory, all was ahead of us. Packing, mapping up my bags, all took a back seat. “Old Faithful” oils have been changed all around, throttle bodies checked, a small repair here and there , the rest will wait, all is one day at the time.

As a few years ago I was allowed behind the glass wall to take some photos of the big lens. Always a treat. More on the Journal .

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1202719995_CFpBp-L.jpg

The “Two Wheeled Texans” in Terlingua. TX

I never know what the day is going to bring up when saddling up “Old Faithful” and heading to town, the closest one, Terlingua, about 30 miles south of here. I quickly notice an unusual motorcycle activity, question answered by the fact that this was the weekend of the “Two Wheeled Texans” riding the area, camping in many different sites, some all the way to Lajitas. It was warm, meet up with some Friends who had decided not to ride that last afternoon, a bit of shade, a gracious lunch and much chatting end up being the day's menu. One by one the riders were returning, dusty, tired for some, everyone ready for the Sunday night dinner were I was graciously invited. Texas fare, more conversations, Spirit was behaving within a crowd he is not used to be within, what a great day it was, a day to remember.

In the meantime packing is still going on, the fear of not fitting in bags what we always need for months to come is always present trying to avoid last year's mailing to a Friend 26lbs of unused items. One never knows. Trying to be out of here in about a week, should be just about right to ride the southern route to Tucson and on to Death Valley.

More in the Journal .

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1208169829_F2xeJ-L.jpg

Readiness for the road... TX

Quite often I wonder why I even bother unpacking and yet the answer is always so obvious: winter... cold... At times I feel stuck, stuck in this beautiful area. I project too much, get ahead of the miles and forget the present we rest on when here Mother Nature is and has been so generous to us. It only takes a ride into Big Bend Park to awaken me of such wrongdoings, such thoughts knowing too well unfounded too often. Some chatting with Friends in Terlingua, visiting my neighbors, watching Spirit letting it all out while running freely here off his leash, that leash... a must in other areas. Human Nature can be so complex, maybe it is only me and my thirst to move along continuously. The Sunsets, the Sunrises, all glorious to no end. Cooking outside amongst the three fire pits, riding the dirt with no traffic as I have yet to see a car go by here since September! Besides Friends and UPS that is, the brown four wheel drive truck. But this season is coming to an end, we are indeed leaving early hoping the weathers ahead will not be too striking with us. Thursday morning we are again starting to wander. In the meantime I posted a Video of our last ride into the Park and more photos on the Journal.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1214827338_gS6A3-L.jpg

Trying to blend in with the road. Columbus. NM

The Photo? riding the Border.

The Sun rising is slowly brightening the inner tent this morning through it's yellow material announcing the start of a beautiful new day. Mixed in with early clouds the temperature is still mild, perfect I would say as we sit right on the border, Columbus, New Mexico. It was an easy ride from "The Oasis" with a bit of a hang up in Marfa, we are avoiding freeways at all cost and this is turning out to be a bit of a game while on our way to Death Valley. We arrived here almost in the midst of much turmoil which we missed, a good thing, and yesterday was a great reward being part of the "Columbus Furlong Days". Decided to spend another day here as now all is quiet, cool shade at the “Pancho Villa” State Campground with showers and all, even power as primitive camping along the border is never a very good idea. We are getting into the groove of this aspect which now will last for months as Spirit also is quick to think anywhere we stop is his Home and has a duty to protect it with a growl for anyone coming a bit too close. Best “buddy” ever had...

More on the Journal ....

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1220262185_LVThu-L.jpg

“Columbus Furlong Day”, N.M.

Our Karma is good, always while wandering the country without much of a schedule or route. No, we do not know where we will be August 14th 2015... Trust me that some do, some on the road as us thinking they have achieved the freedom desired only to be governed by their perpetual calendar. If it was so, we probably would have not stumbled on this great event in Columbus, New Mexico. Such a wonderful day it was we are thinking about returning next year. Oh! So there goes the planning... contradicting myself here. Smile. Many photos in the Journal about it all, free abundant and delicious food, “Friendship” was the banner throughout the day placed up high for everyone adorning a smile and kind words. Perfect weather, on to the Chiricahuas for a couple days, Portal and on over the Mountain on that very familiar dirt road to the Chiricahua National Monument and back. Moving on forward as now sitting in Tucson for a few days before taking on the road to Death Valley and back for Overland Expo 11 the following weekend where I will be teaching a “one pan” cooking class combined with “traveling without refrigeration”... I think we will take on a vacation after that...

Enjoy the photos ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1226610172_F37LZ-L.jpg

A cloudy day at the Catalina State Park. AZ.

Not the most cheerful entry written these past days as my long time and close Friend Bill has been checked into the Hospice. An avid motorcycle rider, a Dog Lover, a great Husband and a prankster as I have never experienced. He is the one that has seen me through thick and thin in years past, the one that has never let me get down on my own luck. How can we ever come to terms when such circle breaks off at such an early age? I read about “beauty” being within this World of ours, that door we only have to open as I have these past years and yet, his own page is flying away as it's chapter has yet to be finished. I know we will again live with the memories of a Dear one, sometimes none of this makes any sense. I canceled our outing to Death Valley and from Tucson, after a short hike into Catalina State Park on a cloudy day we are now in Patagonia, AZ. It is a beautiful area, different than what we have seen and experienced before, but the mood is just not there. The mind is 1300 miles away with my Friend who is no more seeing the clear blue skies, the trees, the multicolor rocks, all has now been dimmed in his own World. Not much else to say really.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1233521690_YcKbQ-L.jpg

Toward “Overland Expo 11”. Amado. AZ

This time we have not just been invited to this great event but also been asked to give a class. It is actually two subjects combined, the first one being “one pan cooking” and the second one “traveling without refrigeration”, they do go hand in hand as long as you do not care to eat meat, maybe only on days you will see a butcher while riding down the road, not much of a chance while crossing the Sahara. All this has reminded me a bit of the old days when as a Personal Chef to the rich and not so famous, food shopping was a daily ritual besides boxes coming in overnight through mail orders. All is now prepped, 2 meals per 50 minute class, there will not be much time for dicing and chopping, I needed to get a head start. It will be again old Friends we have not seen for a year now, new ones with show up and those off road toys will be the temptation for everyone. “ Eye Candy ”...

Maybe we will see some of you there? Hoping to do so.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1240875581_sLk2C-L.jpg

The big picture, “Overland Expo 11”. AZ

Will try this again! My Journal was being migrated with GoDaddy never telling me it would be down for a few days...

A couple days back from Amado now, rested as I think we are including Spirit who took in quite a bit of heat even if so protected by a hydration coat soaked in water just about on the hour. As usual when within such a crowd, it will take time to sort it all out, sort out the faces and the names and the stories heard, the stories from “on the road”. The such “road fever” is bad this am, we have to stay here a few more days awaiting some mail and a couple other logistical aspects. Hoping to get back on the road this coming Sunday and trying out again toward Death Valley where the weather forecast promises pleasant times.

My three daily classes kept me busy throughout Overland Expo, kept me busy rehearsing it all ahead of time to keep them within a 50 minute presentation. The classes end up being standing room only, luckily their starting time was 11am which meant the lunch hour free for all was also mine for the tasting of the cooked goods and some chatting ensuing.

More photos on the Journal...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1252394946_AbYoU-L.jpg

The sound of a distant Drummer. NV

The road, those blue ribbons, at times liked in browns and rocky or sandy, they have deeply penetrated into my own well being. I am asked often if all is “getting old” or better “am I ready to quit?”... “am I getting tired of it all?” as we are closing in on 5 years of wandering. Amazingly everyday only increases this what I call now “addiction” toward the unknown, the next bend, the next silhouettes so often delicately drawn into the skies always ahead of us. “Death Valley” has in the past always been of a bad timing mainly with snow and much cold. All is now clear as the passage from here to there in itself is filled with the promises of good weather for those 3.3 million acres awaiting for us. The pace is a bit faster than desired only because we are meeting my Friend Brian for a couple of days, we can then fall back into our own timeless search. I often think how well Spirit has adapted to this road, how often his floor is not of wood or tiles or even carpets, but dirt under his own pad. How often he has in seconds felt “at home” on the few square feet we quickly take over to make it our overnight home. There are no schedules, no time frames, as of this moment again I myself have no clue where we will soon be besides in “Death Valley”. “The Road” photos on the Journal ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

1259719858_C9f8dJS-L.jpg

A Treasure found: “Gold Point”. NV

I can only hope that for if it was only this time, I have enough credibility to entice you to come to “Gold Point”, Nevada. We have been there already for a few days, returning today as I had to come to town for some errands and Internet usage. “Gold Point”? A live Ghost Town thanks to Herb Robbins for the past 32 years him present conserving it all. The weather has been perfect, it is that time of the year to be in this area as it's elevation is just above 5000 feet. I started thinking the other day with a big smile while making a make shift table as my campsite is widening “I would make a good Homeless...” and realized... we are! But “Gold Point” feels as Home, I feel as belonging to that space so quiet and yet as I am told in the company of 17 Ghosts. The rides into Death Valley, the empty spaces of BLM which are in the millions of acres are plentiful and most are good roads, even freshly graded. We have water, even hot water and sometimes Herb cooks some of those great meals one can only dream of in this vast Desert!

More photos on the Journal ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-h448Ktg-L.jpg

“Gold Point”, NV. We have not moved on yet...

It can happen when one finds this space throughout more Deserted acres one can imagine and suddenly it feels as “we belong here”. The days have been lingering on and on with not much desire to leave the area. I already know we will not ride “all the roads” this time around, maybe not even next time around as we will be back if and when we ever leave. There are too many of those roads. They are amazingly well maintained, graded regularly, it makes it for some more than pleasant outgoings. The views are of postcards embedded in the mind forever, mine shafts at every turn, abandoned cabins, some maintained by travelers free for the night with furniture, needed shelter from the weather and a guest book. They have been however windy and cold days, I have to be ready for the windows of opportunity, it is that time of the year between the past harsh winter and the monsoon season which soon will start. Always at the mercy of Mother Nature. The nearest store is far, over 60 miles away, if and when you ever adventure yourself within this gem of an area, do not forget anything and be prepared for everything. More on the Journal ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

beemerchef

i-Qh6zGbw-L.jpg

On our way South, for now. NV.

These times have been almost as “where are we now?”. My Journal entries are still stuck in Gold Point and Hard Luck Castle, even though we actually are spending another night in Kingman before heading back to Tucson for Robin's Birthday which will be followed by a Concert of the B52's. I miss Gold Point, the quiet and serene times, the roads barely traveled by anyone but us, the little Ghost Town itself of 7 with Herb and Sandy being at the forefront of it all, including a dinner we had Saturday night. A great dinner! Unfortunately we had to leave. A couple days in Las Vegas at my Friends Christine and Jason needing some front brake repair as “Motorcycle Tire Center” promptly and with a big smile took care of “Old Faithful”. Then on a couple days to re-visit “Valley of Fire” where camping is only allowed in a couple campgrounds and now as mentioned on our way south as we will then turn around and follow the weather for the summer. North that is as the South is starting to heat up.

More photos on the Journal ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

beemerchef

i-p3hx8rp-L.jpg

Then and Now. Life. Tucson, AZ.

Steve Azar, yes, as we are now entering the “Country Music” charts (a bit of humor here...) has made this great video of us depicting in less than 3 minutes what it has taken us these past years, a video with his song “Hard Road”. As we sit here in Tucson right now for a couple more days for my Friend's Birthday, watching such images and listening to such words brings on, I cannot help it, so many of recent past remembrances of us on this road we have embraced. All is only hard as much as we want to make it even if at times one cannot see it any other way. Hope and Faith in this Life of ours has become a must, a daily “headline”. I have realized not long ago all is about “acceptance” as the choices are not of many. Sitting amongst four walls was never an option, one then while on the road can only be subjected to it's surroundings, the physical ones such as 'Mother Nature's” moods and their own “mental ones” as dealing with cards overturned in recent past. It all turns out to be a package deal sometimes stumbling and at others sailing through as when all the Stars seem so perfectly aligned as they have been these past days. In a few we will again take off, probably within some cooler evening hours and head up toward the higher elevations of Utah... in a few.

Enjoy the video .

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

• 2 weeks later...
beemerchef

i-wXK6gbB-L.jpg

“Show Low” with a smile. AZ

Tucson is behind us, hundreds, thousands of miles lay ahead of us, summer and fall do too, what an incredible scenario. Yet, we have not made further than a couple hundred miles as when being in Globe I remembered in “Show Low” my Friends Dean and Pam had taken residence building this compound since 2006. I conjunction with not so good weather passing by, snow this morning (!!!), well, we are still here enjoying the “Barn”, some serious cooking, Friendships and much chatting. It does not get ant better than this. One night turned into two, as we will leave tomorrow morning it will be three. How time passes by! Spirit has a couple new Friends, “Einstein” and “Buddy” and “Einstein” and him have been playing like I had never seen Spirit before. It is going to be sad to pull them apart when we leave as much as I am sure we will be back. How can we not! Discovering new roads from Tucson such as 77 to Globe and 60 bringing us here, “Tonto National Forest” and all it's well maintained service roads, all has been a plus and will see us again.

Enjoy the photos and some recent thoughts...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

beemerchef

i-pbj4SKB-L.jpg

I am touched “Thank You”, Show Low. AZ

The ride? Well, it turned out to be a U-Turn about 100 miles into it from Show Low. The skies were falling on us ahead only a few miles, unlike felt gusts of wind and rain did catch up with us, it was a race back to Holbrook, Arizona, taking cover in a depressing Motel room. They truly always are. So we never made it to “Valley of the Gods”, “Boulder”, “Escalante” and on. We live on the road, there is no rush, no hurry, only some common sense to move on with the weather which lately has not cooperated too well. The upside are photos which I enjoy taking while the clouds, cotton balls turning into menacing vessels in the skies pass by, I will always stop regardless. We are back in Show Low sheltered by the incredible hospitality of Dean and Pam, we are getting to know each other well within this “Oasis” of theirs. It is always a matter of regrouping before taking on the awaiting miles again, hopefully this time a smoother ride.

Arizona Highways... then came the rain!

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

Edited by beemerchef
beemerchef

i-NFjqsDN-L.jpg

Motorcyclist Cafe Barn & Bunkhouse, Show Low, AZ

How about that! We are still under the hospitable wings of Dean and Pam at their “Motorcycle Cafe Barn & Bunkhouse” in Show Low, Arizona. Turning my back on a few blood tests lately has only left me with the decision to have a biopsy. This past Friday Dean drove the 440 mile round trip to Tucson and now it is for a couple weeks just a matter of keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting for the results. I have to keep the Faith of Life going as a few different scenarios are awaiting, obscure and unknown at the present. We are longing for the road and yet, being here has been relaxing, enriching as the company at times chatting, at other times cooking and sharing a meal has been a highlight of our Journey. How can one “thank” enough for such gesture? The World sure is filled with such good people as we have always crossed path with them these past years. They seem to be not advertised! Seemingly only the bad news escape and make up the headlines so often read. One does need to believe that the “goodness” of many roams freely amongst us. They are here and there, they are indeed everywhere. I took some photos of what here we call “the barn ”... it will give everyone an idea what one can do for other. Enjoy.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

beemerchef

i-6gs2Z7m-L.jpg

Mind Games “The Incertitude of Life”. Bluff, Utah

Rollercoaster it has been as yet we are comfortably camping in Bluff, Utah. Just mind games one goes through when outcomes of personal Health is yet to be announced. The scenarios? If the Nurse calls all is well... if the Dr calls, well, more scenarios on the forefront. I woke up this morning after the best night sleep ever as I always do in our tent, I woke up from a dream that sounded so real. I was on the phone with the Nurse and all was well. Message? I can only believe in it, there is no harm, there is much to gain. I am avoiding “primitive camping” for now only to have the ability to be reached when needed and this “Cadillac Park” is truly one of the most beautiful one we have been in. It feels as “home” to us, shaded site till late afternoon, quiet as only listening to the birds, the frogs and bullfrogs sounding like a heard of cows calling each other. The rides are of many, we have only been to the Gooseneck and Mexican Hat, we are taking it easy, Valley of the Gods will be next and an area filled with Hoodoos only locals know about. We have been here before, this is landscape and a space I never get tired of.

Till next time ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-Qk6MbLj-L.jpg

The Silhouettes... “Valley of the Gods”, Utah

Again, so fitting. “Valley of the Gods”. So near by when the sweet nurse's voice announced as I almost dropped the phone “no cancer”. Life came back rushing in with the strength of a hurricane force, my heart missed a couple beats, “are you sure....” I kept asking. With such high PSA numbers I can only see this as a miracle or as otherwise the Medical Field trying to continuously scare us “men” of a certain age. The ride, the always magical loop on this 17 mile dirt road was then of the best I have ever experienced. Priorities suddenly changed, “living” again and again came at the forefront of my soul, just living, nothing else truly now matters. We are still near by, we now have a mechanical problem with “Old Faithful” which I guess decided “well, if you are OK it is now my turn...”. I have no clue yet, could be throughout the transmission or the final drive, we might have to backtrack into the heat of Tucson for some repair. Seems this summer all has been delayed for our northern arrival... but then again, who cares! I am alive, Spirit will have to put up with me a bit longer, that is all that matters. Thank you for all that have send me your prayers and your incredible well wishes. Enjoy the Video and more photos on the Journal.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks... yet more problems at the present!!! Mechanical...

i-97NCCGF-L.jpg

Help needed in Tucson, down for some major repairs. AZ

A difficult entry, thoughts traversing right and left, the fear of not being able to cover the repairs. As it stands right now, we cannot. It is the big one. We only have a few days ahead while staying at a Friend's house, the heat is intense here in Tucson and no transportation. I swallowed my pride in this new entry and in the Journal asking for help comparing these 658 chapters written these past almost 5 years, thousands of photos, maps, a few recipes, as the physical entity of a few Coffee Table Books, a subscription for a magazine? We are cornered. A couple days ago, only 50 miles into our ride the rear wheel locked, foreign loud noises of metal coming to pieces, I knew it was going to be it for a while. Our Dear Friend “Dean” drove 780 miles these past two days to get us to Tucson at the “Iron Horse” BMW Motorcycle Dealer. Amazing how Life has it's valleys and peaks... It was not long ago awaiting for biopsy results on myself, today it is awaiting for a different kind of mechanical illness to be taken care off. I am hoping to have this ability to appeal to our readers, I know at this point the future path depends on you, it truly does. It was an interesting concept how “Old Faithful” was put on the trailer and taken off. Many have already been involved through this process of getting her here hoping for many more to get her out of here and get us going again.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

Nice n Easy Rider

Ara,

Hope they can get Old Faithful back together. Sent some help along - hope it helps. Best to you & Spirit. :)

i-nC4HtM4-L.jpg

Upcoming "Ron Howard Movie"... Please vote for us....

Could you vote for us in this photo contest which we are a semi-finalist to be chosen as a "theme" for an upcoming Ron Howard Movie? 2 days left...

There are 29 photos left in this Worldwide contest. We are one of them in the "relationship" category! (of course...). Here are the instructions (they could have made it easier!). Don't try any other way...

Open the link and click on "Enter Gallery" in the middle left. Scroll with the "right top arrow" next to the film strip and you will find our photo, one click will do. Our photo will come up as a thumbnail, click on the photo, the photo will come up and you can vote for us... please...

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/Imagination

THANK YOU....

i-GjQt8Hs-L.jpg

Overwhelmed. “Old Faithful” rides on... AZ

All this happened too fast almost. The breakdown, 2 days to get to Tucson on a trailer, an outpouring wave of help and suddenly as fast seemingly as it happened “Old Faithful” is back on the road. “Iron Horse” in Tucson overwhelmed me, their handle on the situation has been exceptional. What a sweet sight it has been of “Old Faithful” in my Friend's garage while she is being “harnessed” again ready to take off Thursday morning. Boulder/Escalante in Utah... we have been trying to get there for it seems weeks now! The biopsy, the breakdown, this time it is a green light toward the weeks ahead rekindling our relationship with Mother Nature. So many have come forward as I sit here thanking everyone individually. It might take some time but it will get done.

Tucson has been hot, hot for us, and the only “drive” was up one morning very early, Father's Day, up Arivaca Road which is also the road many locals ride. It was too early for any other vehicle, I needed some time alone to reminisce on my past times with Lance while the Sunrise, a beautiful one, was taking place on this Day always filled with the past memories. What a week it has been.

Finally up is part III video of our Valley of the Gods ride and the sunrise photos...

“Thank you” all that have come forward, those two words will never be enough.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-9wxKrGC-L.jpg

Two hundred miles of thinking! AZ

We finally escaped the Tucson furnace! Unbelievable heat slapping us daily, making us only finding refuge indoor within air conditioned so unnatural spaces, heat-cold, cold-heat and on and on taking a toll coupled with all the past emotions the major breakdown. Yet, we are now rolling again toward the Northern spaces, cooler temps and at the same time trying to catch up “thanking” everyone when so unselfishly the hands came forward to rescue us. At the same time one of my photos, again “thanks” to much public voting, and “thank you” again, made it's way to the finals. There were so many stages with 59,000 photos submitted that I am just calling this the “finals” awaiting the “final~final” as the last step is in the hands of Ron Howard and his daughter as a theme for an upcoming Movie, or in their mind that is. That result will be up in a few weeks.

“Congratulations! Your photo My Buddy Spirit and I has been selected as one of ten (10) Project Imagin8ion Contest finalists in the Relationship Theme. Ron Howard will select one (1) photo from the ten (10) finalists in each movie theme category that inspires him most and will be woven into his next film. As a reminder, the Grand Prize winners will receive a trip to New York City to attend the film premiere later this year.

Even if you are not selected as the Grand Prize winner, you will still be a first prize winner.”

Back, once again (!!!) in Show Low today we will be taking off for Utah this afternoon. The third time is a charm they say. We try. We will be going up Mokey Dugway again and most likely camp on Muley Point, the same as the video I just posted on the Journal !

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-ZJDqMhB-L.jpg

Imprisoned in my Freedom. Escalante. UT

The weather! HOT. Too hot for Spirit, a bit too much for me, sadly enough as we have just arrived in this area we will leave tomorrow morning, stop in Salt Lake City for a rear tire and make a B line for “Glacier”. It is unlike us to do so, but late moving on North Mother Nature is being a bit rough on us. Daytime is a furnace, it leaves a bit of early morning and evening maybe cooling off barely before Sunset. That is just how it goes these days. No complains though, we are mobile again and one more time “Thank You” for all that have rescued us, as there is no other word for it. I am still trying to “Thank” everyone individually, I will get there eventually as all is always only a matter of time. Riding again brings on many thoughts. The word “Freedom” has been bouncing around and around as today turning 63 (and Spirit “7”) I am realizing that there can never be a turning around, it is too late to go back ever to a Life which is not what it is today even if so at times like the present, Mother Nature forces us to move on from a space I so much love being. More on the Journal just posted...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

i-p4bnffD-L.jpg

Camping with “The Adventure Trio”, WY

It does not happen often for us to camp with others. No one has the time or takes it, more important generally is more the emphasis on the distance covered leaving on the wayside the quality of the “moments”, fast forward is the blur of the road with only the fact which can then indeed be pronounced “ we have been here and there...”. “Sandy”, “Terry” and their soon to be 10 year old “Jack” are on a different tangent smelling and feeling the road, and yes, they also put on the miles, they know how to balance it all with their outgoing message “you can also do it...”. It was a good time, a very good time cooking, chatting, exchanging the road stories as many they always are. A couple dinners, a ride nearing the Grand Tetons, shopping for provisions, a bit of fishing for Jack (never caught anything as my frying pan was ready!), a bit more of guitar playing, our own incredible display of lightning and thunder on the Fourth of July and plenty of Photos... all on the Journal for now, looking for a better connection to upload a video I took while riding behind them. So long my “Friends”, soon again I hope...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-4dk9hq7-L.jpg

“Logging Creek, MT and “Footprints from Wyoming”

So last week for some rare moments my true anger rose to the surface as invited to a campground, Spirit gets attacked by a dog, owner who had been warned, owners, a couple working on the premises, both “alcoholics”, a pathetic path of Life they are on. Turns out the owner of the campground also is. Amazing how these people congregates. Even more amazing is how I fell into that unpleasant situation. Spirit is fine, saved by my foot and his leash. It was a close call. That is where the title “Footprints from Wyoming” came from. It was a dark time. We then moved on quickly to the "Logging Creek" Campground, our last entry, found by my nose, an isolated primitive campground off #89 before “Great Falls”, MT, this after some incredible riding through “Lewis and Clark” Forest. I actually think we saw them, they are everywhere from East to West, from Washington and Oregon to even California I think. The gravel roads where exceptionally well taken care off showing a network of them on the map, firewood was plentiful, water from a creek, white tail deer visiting the site, not bear visits... It has been the other side of the coin, peaceful days with only a few storms here and there in the late afternoons.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

i-9CTJnNm-L.jpg

“Logan's Pass”, Glacier National Park, MT

I realize our Journal is chronologically off as connections on the road are not quite often readily available and for more reason, as I write this, we have already left the “Glacier” sitting for a couple of days in Lander, WY. I have been feeling defeated by the swarms of mosquitoes taking away any sense of being there, campsite that is, within the moments, instead fighting off the waves of those annoying creatures, spraying clothing with 100% Deet and watching Spirit himself while covered with Eucalytus-Lemon spray being attacked to no end. Many have come forward with other possible solutions, nothing, meaning “nothing” has worked. The bottom line? Move on for now. On the other side of the coin it was one of the best rides ever from East Glacier to Lander. Back roads to no end, a good tail wind, even the ride through Yellowstone and Tetons on a Sunday afternoon was of a fast pace without too many cars stopping in the middle of their lanes to watch and photograph a squirrel go by. Where from here? With the constant thought of staying cool, Colorado sounds like an attractive space for a while, higher elevations, and who knows, maybe the mosquitoes will be of the old breed... a bit tamer.

Enjoy the photos and a video through Logan's Pass . The lower part playing this time.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...