IGNORED

UnRally VI: September 4-6, 2007 - West Virginia

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

If you go thru Kansas then you would also go thru Illinois and I'm only 5 miles south of I 64 which goes directly to W Va

Also Rt. 50 runs across the country from CA (I believe) NV, UT, CO, KS, MS, IL, IN, OH, WV. I rode 50 from WV through Colorado last summer. It was mostly 2 lane and for the most part not congested. Quite a pleasant ride. Except maybe western Kansas and eastern Colorado.

And in that part of the country it doesn't matter which road you are on. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Whip just invited me...now I have to go!

clap.gif

-Eff

Hey!!! Didn't I already invite you??!! confused.gif

Hey, I thought it was US that invited you, Effy!! confused.gif

Ps - thanks for the dvd! It showed up yesterday. Too bad Mark's been in your neck of the woods for the last day and a half! Not dancing though, for sure.

Got the DVD too amigo! And I hope they lock the kids and pets in because the "Wacky world of Hoonieness" is coming to the State of West Virginia now!

This is gonna be great!!!!!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's the first draft of the Pied Piper Run attendees that have checked in so far:

Phil "1bmwfan" in Diamond Springs, CA

Michael "SageRider" in Minden, NV (right across the mountains! smile.gif )

Todd "texasaggie97" in Malibu, CA (on the fence, but giving it serious thought! wink.gif )

Ken and Donna "Ken H." in KC, MO

"Bud" in . . . "somewhere in Southern Illinois" tongue.gif

"Tasker" in Indy, IN

winding up in:

"Somewhere" in West Virginia! clap.gif

Hmmmmm, it's looking like kind of a straight shot. I was hoping to do a bit more zig-zagging, but no one else has checked in yet. No "Mile High Crew" . . . no "Pie Town Crew" . . . no "Chi Town Crew" . . . I guess it's a little too far out of the way to swing by and pick up the "Conch Republic Crew"! grin.gif

I talked with Phil last night and here's our very tentative plan that is slowly taking shape:

I would like to arrive at the UnRally a day early (Monday afternoon/night, Labor Day September 3rd) to relax and do some touristy stuff with Leslie. I don't know if HotJamie is riding with or flying out to join us. So, working backwards from there:

Sunday night, September 2nd in Indianapolis, IN? (it's only 300-400 miles to "somewhere" in West Virginia! wink.gif )

Saturday night, in "somewhere in south Illinois" is no more than 230 miles, which isn't much of a day. Alternatively, we could stop at Ken and Donna's in KC, MO and from there to Tasker's place via "somewhere in south IL" is around 500 miles. Don't worry Tasker, of course I'm not volunteering the mongol hoards to decend on your place, so another option would be from "somewhere in south IL" to "somewhere in WV" around 500-600 miles.

Friday night is up in the air depending on who we're picking up--it could be in Colorado (though I don't remember any of them checking in for the UnRally, let alone the Pied Piper Tour frown.gif ) or it could be in Texas, we also had a few Okie's checkin' in! clap.gif

It gets kind of fuzzy going back too far in time this early out. Phil and I have taken a load of time off so we can leave whenever, but we're going to be roughing it as much as we can to stretch the funds and days. We're planning on hopefully spending a few days in D.C and also NYC for September 11th before taking the long way home! thumbsup.gif

I'll post a separate thread in Ride Planning for the Pied Piper Logistics so as not to clog this thread up. If you're interested, please chime in over there and let's construct a fun trip with fun folks across this beautiful land! clap.gif

In! West Virginia has some fabulous roads! I'll probably lead a group of 5 or 6 from the Tampa area; it'll be our own Pied Piper jaunt from South to North. I'll need to visit the north before it turns to black ice and snow drifts. blush.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Good morning... It is Wednesday January 31. Where is the Unrally??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

You made sure you were online this morning before ChrisK didn't you!!! grin.gif

Bravo sir! thumbsup.gif

Shawn

Good morning... It is Wednesday January 31. Where is the Unrally??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Okay boys and girls... whats the good word? ya can't keep the pirate waiting... or things are gonna get dangerous.

maybe its time for a keelhawlin'

now on a different note; given the dates when will the pied piper run leave the left coast and pass though MN?

Archived