IGNORED

UnRally VI: September 4-6, 2007 - West Virginia

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Sounds like great fun, but I'll be the Best Man at a buddy's wedding in the San Juan Islands...y'all have fun! wave.gif
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

( . . . well at least you've got a GOOD excuse! tongue.gif )

Sounds like great fun, but I'll be the Best Man at a buddy's wedding in the San Juan Islands...y'all have fun! wave.gif

Well heck.. It only takes one phone call to solve that!

Priorities man!!! grin.gif

Since this takes place during the middle of the week, there is no way for me to make it. bncry.gif My daughters will be in school by that time, and unfortunately they aren't old enough to stay alone yet.

Have fun!

Wow!! This is AWESOME!!!!!! clap.gif

Just look at the states/provinces we've got represented already--with the announcement just a few days old and the event itself still 11 months away!! thumbsup.gif

NY: 3

CA: 4

OH: 1

FL: 2

UT: 1

TX: 2

PA: 3

GA: 3

IL: 1

AZ: 1

OK: 1

NE: 1

SC: 2

IN: 1

NV: 2

AL: 2

D.C.: 1

MA: 1

ON: 1

TN: 2

I think another "Pied Piper Run" is needed (from CA to WV) for this gathering!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Well add, "KS: 2" to the list then.

Just look at the states/provinces we've got represented already--with the announcement just a few days old and the event itself still 11 months away!! thumbsup.gif

I think another "Pied Piper Run" is needed (from CA to WV) for this gathering!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Ken

Unless of course there is a chill in the air or the weather acts up in the mountains of Missouri and you can't make it... grin.gif

Sorry, I've been waitin for an opening since Torrey. lmao.gif

Whip

Ken

Unless of course there is a chill in the air or the weather acts up in the mountains of Missouri and you can't make it... grin.gif

Whip

Well Whip... I hope you're happy. You just condemned San Antonio to it's worst snow storm EVER early next September. You two are never getting out - even on your new GSA. lmao.gif
Ken

Whip

Well Whip... I hope you're happy. You just condemned San Antonio to it's worst snow storm EVER early next September. You two are never getting out - even on your new GSA. lmao.gif

Hah! I got ten bucks says he could get outta there faster than Richard could!!! dopeslap.gifeek.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

Ken

Whip

What'd I do?????

and what's a GSA??? grin.gif

Whip

Unless of course there is a chill in the air or the weather acts up in the mountains of Missouri and you can't make it...
Yeah we woosted out on riding to Torrey in the snow. It's true. The comments have been all the way from, "You were crazy for not going." To, "You would have been crazy to go." Personally, I'm going to blame that draftermike guy. If for no other reason than to relieve my conscious. wink.gif

We'll try to make it WV, rain, sleet, or snow. But there IS one crossing in Missouri that is as high as 1772 ft. above sea level, as I understand it. eek.gif So we'll see. grin.gif

Cheers!

Well, looks like the UnRally will be every second year for me. I'll be moving my youngest out to university that Labour Day weekend, and I don't thnk it will be close to WV. Hope everyone has a good time.

Maybe fall Torrey next year?

Mike Cassidy

Personally, I'm going to blame that draftermike guy. If for no other reason than to relieve my conscious.

I guess it's time to step up and defend myself. IT WAS CHUCK'S FAULT. I generally try to remain as uninformed as possible, but he had that there Weather Channel on 24/7 and after a period of time it just takes your free thought away and forces you to not do things against your will. Zat make cents? (feel free to correct spelling and grammar if ya quote me).

Hah! I got ten bucks says he could get outta there faster than Richard could!!! dopeslap.gifeek.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

Cute, but although that may be true as to suiting up, I can afford to take my time with the likes of you and Whip. I just pass you on the road as though you were standing still and have to stop and wait for you over and over...

Now, as to this Un: I dont' think I'll make this one.

This will be the first one I've missed since discovering this wonderful place in late 2003. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Now, as to this Un: I dont' think I'll make this one.

This will be the first one I've missed since discovering this wonderful place in late 2003. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

You suck. You introduced me to Woodford Reserve in '05, and I was hoping to introduce you to Ridgemont Reserve in '07. Punk

Wow - right out here in my new backyard! Unless the job prevents - Sunjoo and I will be there. Now, I want to be sure that none of you are cousins or otherwise close relatives of mine. You know what goes on in West Virginia . . . wink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

West Virgina is for LOOOOOVVVEERRSSS. And I love ridin. lmao.gifclap.giflmao.gif (no, ridin is not a cousin of mine! blush.gif) It will be great to see some of the folks I haven't seen in awhile. WOW!!! West Virginie. (that said in my best Big Hoss accent)

Put me IN for the UN in WV (and I'll start working on the bossman tomorrow tongue.gif ....)

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

another David

My beloved and understanding wife didn't laugh out loud when I proposed absenting myself from the house for four days at the beginning of her and our sons' school years. So (crossing my fingers and holding my breath)... I'm in.

clap.gif

I believe that's now two for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

David

Since it's turned into a state contest add the Burgh crew. (8) More for Pennsylvania. I'll start working it as a guy trip, and get it on everyone’s 2007 calendars.

OK I got it on my calendar. I'm on the verge of employment so I will lobby for that time off in my last interview. Priorities! Hope to travel over with some of you other New Yorkers.

I'll most likely be going so yer welcome to caravan with me, Phil. Fair warning, I make a lot of sudden turns and stops grin.gif

West Virginia has some great roads. Has the actual location been formally announced?

We'll be posting that very soon, along with reservation information, etc.

All I can say is - YAY! This is going to be an excellent time!! And I love the Pied Piper Run!

I'm making a note on my calendar ... but won't be able to say "in" for certain quite yet.

Will a "definite maybe" suffice for now? crazy.gif

IN!!

I've moved 400 miles south so add Arkansas to the list. Can't wait to ride scenic twisties all the way to WV, and back.

Maybe some of you Texan's (Greg, Whip) can pick me up on your way there. You are welcome to stay overnight at my house, would be a good first day ride for you guys.

Rod

So, you expect me to drive to W.Virginia after going to the MotoGp race in California? In the immortal words of Dr. Ming, "A man has to do, what a man has to do". Oh yea, count me thumbsup.gifcool.gif

I've missed the last few UNs and I'm a definte, I hope so for this one. It has been a long time since I rode in West BY God Virginia, and it was a blast. So I'll be scheming my heart out to be there. clap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Put MO on the list. I'm in. wave.gif

I sould have the scratches on the RT buffed out by then dopeslap.gif

SL Don;

Sorry, my mistake. You need to change your list due to the fact I had not changed my profile since my move. Take off Arizona (for now, I'm sure we'll get some) and add Virginia.

Paul, don't worry. The quote of the list was from before you posted your "In!".

1st Shirt, Arizona is represented by Tom "azkaisr", so it's all good. BTW, here's the latest listing!!

NY: 7

CA: 7 (ooh, it's a tie for second! smile.gif )

OH: 2

UT: 2

TX: 3

PA: 12 ( eek.gif Holy Moley!! It's a Posse!! The winning state so far!! clap.gif )

GA: 5

IL: 5

SC: 1

IN: 3

ONT: 2

TN: 4 . . . and a half! (c'mon, you know you want to come and meet those crazy folks! grin.gif )

MD: 1

SKT: 1

WV: 2

VA: 4

CO: 1

MO: 2

KS: 2

LA: 1

AR: 2

C'mon folks, we're not even half way yet--that's only 29 states and/or provinces! There are 48 viable states (and the District of Columbia--thanks, Bob! wave.gif ) that could be represented (though I'd be happy if the folks from AK and HI proved me wrong! thumbsup.gif ), ten Canadian provinces and three Territories, and we've got members in another dozen or more countries that could at least rent something if they can't make the ride! dopeslap.gif

Let's go people!! clap.gif

Has it been told yet where everyone is going to be IN, at. Have tried to follow along thru the pages, but seen no location.

Is this why they call it an "un" and not an "in" Rally?

Has it been told yet where everyone is going to be IN, at. Have tried to follow along thru the pages, but seen no location.

The title of the thread says "West Virginia". West Virginia is #41 when it comes to sizes of states, so you probably won't have any trouble finding it. My plan is to just drive into West Virginia and start looking around. That's what I bring Sunjoo for. I watch the road and she looks for fellow BMW riders.

clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif At least it's not in Alaska!

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Ok! Ok! The natives are getting restless, and I've been buried with work.

We have not announced the "exact" location of the next Un yet. We are finalizing arrangements with local purveyors of rooms, tent sites, cabins, food, etc. When all of that is complete we will announce the location, reservation info, etc.

Our plan is to do this in two stages. We will post a pre-announcement, the only purpose of which will be to say when we're going to announce the location. This way everyone will know when to keep an eye open for the details, and have an equal shot at hotel reservations, etc.

Until then... think of twistie roads, beautiful mountains, great people, and did I mention great roads.

Take care,

Mark

AdventurePoser
i want to be the first official complainer, I CAN NOT make it. I work retail, and that is closing week for month end August.

So just for me, (because I am important) can you move it a week later dopeslap.gif

I'll be number two, I guess...We are talking the first real week of school. For me, Unrally's held in June or September will probably always be a non-event! bncry.gif

Hope you all have Fun! thumbsup.gif

Steve in So Cal

Ok! Ok! The natives are getting restless, and I've been buried with work.

We have not announced the "exact" location of the next Un yet. We are finalizing arrangements with local purveyors of rooms, tent sites, cabins, food, etc. When all of that is complete we will announce the location, reservation info, etc.

Our plan is to do this in two stages. We will post a pre-announcement, the only purpose of which will be to say when we're going to announce the location. This way everyone will know when to keep an eye open for the details, and have an equal shot at hotel reservations, etc.

Until then... think of twistie roads, beautiful mountains, great people, and did I mention great roads.

Take care,

Mark

So this is a pre-announcement that there will be a pre-announcement of when there will be a announcement of the location and more details grin.gif Man, you sure know how to stretch us over the coals grin.gif I'm sure it's more than worth the wait thumbsup.gif By the way, Mark and Sylva, many thanks for doing this. Unorganizing a Unrally is a lot of work!

Archived