IGNORED

UnRally VI: September 4-6, 2007 - West Virginia

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

The subject line pretty much says it all. Our next UnRally will be held September 4 through 6, 2007 in West Virginia.

We have found a great location for our next Un. Big-T and I have already done three scouting trips, and the riding is excellent. From tight technical twisties to meandering national forest roads; and I'm sure we can find some dirt, gravel, trails, and maybe a few water crossings for those who wander on the dirty side.

The campground and hotel are across the street from each other. The campsite has a breakfast pavilion, a lodge for evenings, free games, and lots of hang out space. There are plenty of accomodations for all types, from luxery cabins and motel rooms, to primitive tent sites (for the tough ones out there).

Please stay tuned for the official announcement of the site, reservation info, and other bits of information.

So, get those vacation requests in. You want to be there! It's going to be great.

Well, I can't say "IN" for sure, but the vacation request is going in now...

Un and Torrey in the same month. Gonna be a good month. smile.gif

Firefight911
We may stay on the Road for the entire month.....Didn't I just do that...hmmmmmmmmm.

Whip

Oooooohhh! You may be on to something there!!!!!!!! ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif

IN for UN VI! thumbsup.gif

West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads.

Cann't you just hear John Denver singing those words in your head as your ride the mountains of W. VA? grin.gif

i want to be the first official complainer, I CAN NOT make it. I work retail, and that is closing week for month end August.

So just for me, (because I am important) can you move it a week later dopeslap.gif

i want to be the first official complainer, I CAN NOT make it. I work retail, and that is closing week for month end August.

So just for me, (because I am important) can you move it a week later dopeslap.gif

You have 11 months to find a new job.

Stop making excuses! grin.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

I'm soooooo in!!! grin.gif Time off is going on calendar at work tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Sept. is off to a great start: Finger Lakes Rally 9/1 and 9/2, leave there and go directly to UN in West Virginia 9/4-6th. Now wouldn't it be grand if CODE just happened to be in PA doing a track school session to attend on the way back home lmao.gif

Lets see, between me and West Virginia there are Arkansas twisties and the Ozarks, Tennessee & North Carolina with the Smokies and Deals Gap, Virginia and boo coo great roads!! dopeslap.gif Destination West Virginia and the Appalachain Mtns with minimal population and virtually empty roads!!! grin.gif

Gee, it is looking like a tough decision, should I leave the week before or two weeks before? lmao.gif

Guess you can count me IN!!!!

Ride Captain, Ride, comes to mind. clap.gifclap.gif

Lone_RT_rider

You would have probably just trailered your bike there anyway Randy. What fun is that? *nudge* *nudge* grin.giflmao.gif

Oh..probably IN!

One week earlier and we could have brought the kids. smile.gif

Shawn

Leslie and I intend to extend our unbroken string of UnRally attendance (going for the "Gold Star" grin.gif ) and we are . . .

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Looks like we've got quite a few states represented already!! Still missing quite a few attendees and there's still about 40 other states/provinces and countries that could still chime in, so get those dates on your calendars folks!!

West Virginia here we come!! WooooHooooo!!!!!!

Hmmmm . . . Let's see . . . UnRally in WV the first week in September . . . and then Torrey in Utah in the LAST week of September . . . Hmmmmm . . . how many days of vacation do I get again?? confused.gif

We'll just make it happen and we've got 11 months to figure out how we'll fill the intervening three weeks!

This year was my first Torrey....next year my first UN....I'm IN thumbsup.gif

And the Mrs. doesn't have to fly to meet ya!

This is gonna be so uber worthy!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Sounds terrific! I'll be there.

Senator Bird has continued to funnel Federal dollars into his home state to keep WV lightly traveled, twisty roads well maintained with fresh, clean asphalt. I try to get over and ride them as often as I can! smile.gif

Wow!! This is AWESOME!!!!!! clap.gif

Just look at the states/provinces we've got represented already--with the announcement just a few days old and the event itself still 11 months away!! thumbsup.gif

NY: 3

CA: 4

OH: 1

FL: 2

UT: 1

TX: 2

PA: 3

GA: 3

IL: 1

AZ: 1

OK: 1

NE: 1

SC: 2

IN: 1

NV: 2

AL: 2

D.C.: 1

MA: 1

ON: 1

TN: 2

I think another "Pied Piper Run" is needed (from CA to WV) for this gathering!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

IN!!!!!!!

It's a bit to close to home. I'll see what I can do about that grin.gif

I think another "Pied Piper Run" is needed (from CA to WV) for this gathering!!!

Well Paul, you can always come out west to join up with the Pied Piper Run! clap.gif

Maybe we can convince "Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs" to start it up in the PNW and you all can come down the west coast to SoCal before we swing through NV to pick up "SageRider" and then TX for the "Pie Town Crew" and the rest of the southern/mid-western states en route to WV! cool.gif

Or--you could use the UnRally as a send off for a month long trip ending with Fall Torrey! thumbsup.gif

Sounds like fun and we'd better start the planning! wave.gif

It only seems appropiate to have someone from WV be there, so put me down as being in. And since it will be my first event of any kind connected to this site, I'll get to put some faces to the names, nicknames, and pictures here. curry

Well heck, I didn't know you were going to tally them from this thread. Count me in, but then just go ahead and count me in for all the upcoming UnRallys while you're at it.

Hey, Mike05. Yea, Al, Chuck and I will be there. Can't find your phone number and you've got a PM from me. You coming up my way this week?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Sounds like great fun, but I'll be the Best Man at a buddy's wedding in the San Juan Islands...y'all have fun! wave.gif

Archived