IGNORED

Northeast Tech Day

rocks

Sorry to say I now can not make the Tech day. I'll try to hook up with Armando to at least get my twinmax, mojo bar, and ministan there.

I'm bummed frown.gif

Henry

Bummer indeed. I'll be bringing my Wicko bar (aka Mitch's Mojo Bar) and my Twinmax. I don't have a ministan though.

Jim

We will have Henry's mini stan and mine is 99% there. I just need to get a gasket.

Sorry to say I now can not make the Tech day. I'll try to hook up with Armando to at least get my twinmax, mojo bar, and ministan there.

I'm bummed frown.gif

Henry

Bummer indeed. I'll be bringing my Wicko bar (aka Mitch's Mojo Bar) and my Twinmax. I don't have a ministan though.

Jim

I used "flat type" hose washers for my ministan. You will need two for the earlier bikes if you have the later cap. As to "experts" I know for a fact first hand Armando and Eric know brake bleeds & tuneups, Kennecticut tire changes and balance. I'm droping the "stuff" off today at Armandos.

HAVE FUN GUYS!!!!!! clap.gif

Henry

We are still looking for one or two propane heaters, the kind you attach to a 20lb. tank. If anyone can get a hold of one or two, that would be helpful.
I'll bring one. I have a single burner model that does about 15,000 btus if I recall. Sits right on top of a 20lb tank. It'll take the edge off of any chill.

Jim

I found one to borrow as well. Jim, do you need a tank for yours or do you have one. We can probably still use 1 or 2 more given the number of people showing up so if anyone has one please let me know. I do have 2 or 3 tanks we can use so you would't have to worry about hauling the tank.

I had a question about oil, well disposing of it. Feel free to do oil changes, we will take care of disposing the used oil.

a

Jim, do you need a tank for yours or do you have one.
2 of my tanks have the Weber quick-connect attached so those are no good. I have another I use to jump-start the pizza oven sometimes but I don't know how much is in it. If you've got a spare full one, that's probably the best bet.

Jim

I just filled 3 today. I will bring 2.

a

Jim, do you need a tank for yours or do you have one.
2 of my tanks have the Weber quick-connect attached so those are no good. I have another I use to jump-start the pizza oven sometimes but I don't know how much is in it. If you've got a spare full one, that's probably the best bet.

Jim

Time to check in. Here is the current list of who has responded. Please let me know whether you are planning on attending. If you are still questionable, please let me know that as well.

Number Status Handle

1 ? another David

2 Yes Armando

3 ? Art..

4 ? BeamerGirl

5 ? BMW_Keith

6 ? BMWPhreak

7 ? BOXDAWG

8 ? Bprimm

9 Yes DiggerJim

10 ? Eric1234

11 ? Francis

12 No HenryJ7

13 ? just954rr

14 ? Kenneticut

15 ? MASSRTRider

16 ? MikeR1100R

17 ? mos

18 ? MrBee

19 ? NewtomeR850R

20 ? Oldhway

21 ? RI_RT

22 Yes Rocks

23 Maybe SAMSAR

24 ? Spyder

25 ? Tom P

26 ? TonyLA

27 ? Vita Rara

28 ? Woodie

29 ? Not on Forum

30 ? Not on Forum

I am definitely going to be there unless it snows!

I will bring my Twinmax, a big torque wrench, a small torque wrench, ratchets &sockets, some assorted screwdrivers, feelergauges, a quart of 70/140 BMW synthetic if anyone needs it, as well as all the materials, parts etc. that I will need.

I understand that there is someone planning to attend who is wise in the ways of electricity. If I could reserve a small block of time with this person I would like to find out why my flash-to-pass position on my headlight switch doesn't work.

See you Saturday.

Mike.

Great. Looking forward to meeting you. As for the Electronics guru, that would be BMW_Keith. He said he has an Electronics backgroud so in my book that qualifies him for the Guru title. I believe Keith is planning on installing a GPS so I am sure he can help you out. Hopefully he still has plans to attend.

a

I am definitely going to be there unless it snows!

I will bring my Twinmax, a big torque wrench, a small torque wrench, ratchets &sockets, some assorted screwdrivers, feelergauges, a quart of 70/140 BMW synthetic if anyone needs it, as well as all the materials, parts etc. that I will need.

I understand that there is someone planning to attend who is wise in the ways of electricity. If I could reserve a small block of time with this person I would like to find out why my flash-to-pass position on my headlight switch doesn't work.

See you Saturday.

Mike.

New front tire is on the way to "Samsars Home of TechDaze", so I will definatley be at least one guinea-pig for this process! (Never taken a front wheel off, never mounted a tire either)

Hi Woodie,

Your tire arrived today. thumbsup.gif

I almost forgot to ask: Should I wash my wheel *before* I arrive, or will there be a wheel-washing station provided?

eek.gif

8 Confirmed as of Tuesday AM.

7 out of the original 30 who were interested have confirmed. Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.

a

Confirmed

Count me in. I'll need driving instructions (and contact phone number) from NYC.

I want to install lights and AutoCom. All electricians welcomed to help.

Francis

Francis,

From I91 North:

5. Take the CT-20 exit 40 to Bradley International Airport - go 0.7 mi

6. Merge into CT-20 W - go 2.8 mi

7. Take the CT-20 W exit to E. Granby/Granby - go 0.4 mi

8. Continue on CT-20 W - go 0.4 mi

9. Continue on Rainbow Rd - go 1.8 mi

10. Continue on Turkey Hills Rd - go 0.4 mi

11. Turn right at Metacomet Dr - go 0.4 mi

12. Turn right at Talcott Range Dr - go 201 ft

13. Arrive at 47 Talcott Range Dr., East Granby, CT 06026

Paul's home phone number is 860-844-8895

Armando

Count me in. I'll need driving instructions (and contact phone number) from NYC.

Francis

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail due to work. It's a vicious cycle, without work I can't afford to ride, with work I don't have time to ride. there's gotta be a better way to make money! Hope you all have a good time, I'll try for the next one.

I am with you on vicious cycle, there has to be a better way.

Thanks for letting us know.

Armando

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail due to work. It's a vicious cycle, without work I can't afford to ride, with work I don't have time to ride. there's gotta be a better way to make money! Hope you all have a good time, I'll try for the next one.

Francis

In addition to Armando's directions from I-91, I'll pipe in on how best to get that far. I usually go up the Hutchinson Parkway to 684. Take 684 to I-84. Go I-84 E to I-91 N in Hartford. Then follow the rest of Armando's directions. I find it easier to go that way than up I-95 to I-91 but YMMV.

I just did lights myself and will be doing a bit of additional electrical farkling too.

Jim

I found one to borrow as well. Jim, do you need a tank for yours or do you have one. We can probably still use 1 or 2 more given the number of people showing up so if anyone has one please let me know. I do have 2 or 3 tanks we can use so you would't have to worry about hauling the tank.

Armando,

This seemed like a good excuse to get one... can use it in my shop in the winter!!! So I will be bringing a heater as well... but will take you up on providing the tank!! Probably not to safe to ride with a 20lb LPG tank strapped to the bike eek.gif

Armando,

Thanks for the directions. At present, looks like a rain forecast for this weekend.

Francis

I am going to look into a very large pole tent that would cover the entire driveway. Not sure if I can pull it off in time but that would ensure we have "plenty" of dry space for everyone to work in.

Either way, we will still have lots of room in the garage bays and party tents but it may be a little tighter.

So, it doesn't look like the rain is going away. Without formally changing anything yet, I'm taking a survey...

Would anyone rather have the Tech Day on Sunday the 29th?

If the vote is split, I will host an entire tech day weekend. thumbsup.gif

No surprises here...

The votes seem to be trending towards Sunday so, I'm changing the Tech Day from the 28th to the 29th.

Everything else stays the same.

Please continue to complete the survey so we can get a count on how much food to make. My wife did the shopping today and is prepared to make Lasagna for 30 if everyone can still make it.

See you in a couple days.

I'll be there ready to do electronic farkles. I expect to arrive about 9:30 but I'll need to leave around 13:00 due to previous commitments on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting people. I hope you guys don't mind but I'll be on my K1200LT... blush.gif

At the risk of turning this into a flea market, I have a few electronic items available to NE tech day attendees. If anyone is interested please PM me.

2 - BMW Lead acid batteries in excellent condition (free)

1 - Garmin 2610 GPS as new but voice option no longer works ($250)

1 - Techlusion 1032 (uses O2 sensor) used for 1 month ($150)

another David
I hope you guys don't mind but I'll be on my K1200LT... blush.gif
Wait 'till you see all the silver R1150RTs. I think we're a gang. smile.gif

Quiet... you're gonna scare all the guys on their RSs!

Paul, good call on the rain delay to Sunday. Latest forecast is for a TOTAL washout on Saturday.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to do some heavy lobbying to have a shot for Sunday. I'm going to do my best as I really want to attend, but as of now it's 50-50 at best.

I should have a more definitive answer by tomorrow.

I third that on Saturday .....Sunday may be a problem for me ....Northern NY weather for Sunday is calling for 2-5" of snow and wind gust of 60 MPH..... I quess I will know come Sunday .

Mike

I hope you guys don't mind but I'll be on my K1200LT... blush.gif
Wait 'till you see all the silver R1150RTs. I think we're a gang. smile.gif

Quiet... you're gonna scare all the guys on their RSs!

Nahhh, us guys AND gals on RSs don't scare that easy grin.gif

This is a long shot for sure but... If anyone coming to the tech day tomorrow has an extra pair of Denso IK22 Iridium Sparkplugs and/or a stock air filter I could buy for my 2002 1150RT..... Canton BMW Cycles has shutdown and the new Gengras BMW shop hasn't opened yet.

Rocks and I have been keeping busy today changing brake fluids and fuel filters.

Ride safe tomorrow... There will be a lot of wet leaves on the road.

This is a long shot for sure but... If anyone coming to the tech day tomorrow has an extra pair of Denso IK22 Iridium Sparkplugs
Why not go with the Autolites? You should be able to get those locally.

Archived