IGNORED

Northeast Tech Day

rocks

Where & when are you thinking? I'll be getting ready for a valve & TB adjustment and could use some onlookers while installing a Techlusion. Got lots of tools to lend for the event too if the timing works out.

(hmm, I swear I posted a reply...)

Can we do it tonight? 've got service scheduled for tomorrow. smile.gif

Anyway, I used todo basic car service and small engine stuff, but I never did anything with my bikes.

I'm in if I can watch and learn - maybe I'll have to buy the pizza. I'm especially in if anyone has pointers on :

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.l...FFB72002B792E46

and

http://www.autocomamerica.com/comparisons.cfm

or maybe a custom computer/gps.

I was going to do a New London, PA to New London, CT trip one of these weekends, would love to stop by and meet some other members. If this happens please let me know.

Not sure of a location, unfortunatelty I do not have an adequate facility bncry.gif But I do need to get some things done to the bike... Brake & Clutch flush, Fuel filter, TB sync...

Time? middle of October??

I was trying to throw an idea on the wall and see if it stuck somewhere grin.gifwave.gifclap.gif

I'll do my best to join! (although kids soccer schedule limits availability!)

I don't have anything in particular scheduled.

Wait...I just thought of a few things:

bleed front brake

clean up dash wiring

replace front brake-light switch

check/adjust techlusion voltages

Sorry...not in a position to host right now.

I've done: TBS, valves, brake fluid change, clutch adjust, (6K + annual service).

I'd be happy to offer my house again for hosting the tech day if that helps.

However, I'll need an assist from someone coordinating everything this time. And it can not be the weekend's of October 14-15 or 21-22 as I will be out of the country. Any other days should be OK.

For me, I'll be looking to do a Valve adjustment and TB Sync this time now that my wheels have been properly cleaned and balanced. I've attached the threads and pictures from the springtime event.

New England Tech Daze Preparation Thread

New England Tech Daze Report Thread

Let me know what everyone thinks...

I'm not sure if my schedule will interfere but as long as I'm not working I can be there. Don't need any service but will no doubt learn something.

Paul,

That would be great thanks for the offer... seems to be a fair number of CT people. Does the weekend of the 28th and 29th work for you?

Thanks Rocks... OK. Let's set a date of Saturday October 28th for the 2006 New England Tech Daze - Fall Edition and see what kind of a response we get.

All those in favor raise your hand and say "Ayuh" grin.gif

For me, I'll be looking to do a Valve adjustment and TB Sync this time now that my wheels have been properly cleaned and balanced.
Ditto about the valve adjustment & TB sync. I've added a Twinmax to the tool collection so that should help make things easier. Don't worry about the clean wheels though. It just occurred to me today that the only things I clean on my bike are the windshield & the mirrors (okay maybe the seat from my butt friction).

Jim

Hi Armando, thanks for the assist. thumbsup.gif

I've got a lot to juggle over the next several weeks and don't want to drop the ball (See DiggerJim's Avatar for how to do it right! cool.gif)

Now that I've got one tech day under my belt, it shouldn't be too involved this time around. I also think we are be in good shape tool wise for just about any service/project someone could want to do. I'll call you at the office to coordinate.

I'm counting six confirmed so far for the 28th:

SAMSAR (Host)

Armando (Co-Host)

rocks

BMWPhreak

DiggerJim

kenneticut

There's plenty more room so sign-up here and let us know what projects you'd like to do or see done.

Paul

Keith,

No, the one one I bought is not like the one you are looking at, which seems to be a cleaner option. However, the site says it is designed for 2005 or newer and it is listed for a GS. I have an '02 RT.

a

Samsar (and all)...thanks for offering to host again! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I'm very disappointed, but I have prior commitments that will keep me away all day long. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

If it's not too late, I'd like to sign up. I can contribute a few tools (TwinMax, feeler gauges, and the like), and very little know-how. On my R1150RS, I'd like to:

- Install Run-n-Lites

- Install Hyperlites

- Do a TBS

- Maybe install a Techlusion (sitting on the fence on that one)

- Meet some new folks

David Foster

Well I'll still be "out of town" for this one but I'm definitely in for the next. If all goes well I'll be picking up my GS in early to mid November. clap.gif I'm hoping for a loooong autumn so I can fly down and ride it home. It'd be good to get a few miles under the tires before the winter settles in.

Thad

If it's not too late, I'd like to sign up. I can contribute a few tools (TwinMax, feeler gauges, and the like), and very little know-how. On my R1150RS, I'd like to:

- Install Run-n-Lites

- Install Hyperlites

- Do a TBS

- Maybe install a Techlusion (sitting on the fence on that one)

- Meet some new folks

David Foster

I have an electronics background and would be happy to do any electrical installations. I'll bring as many tools as I can. dopeslap.gif

Well I'll still be "out of town" for this one but I'm definitely in for the next. If all goes well I'll be picking up my GS in early to mid November. clap.gif I'm hoping for a loooong autumn so I can fly down and ride it home. It'd be good to get a few miles under the tires before the winter settles in.

Thad

Hi Thad,

Sounds like you'll just miss the Tech Day before returning Stateside. I will host one in the spring too and you can join us then. Also, we are always up for something small and spontaneous if you're looking for a couple extra eyes and hands to help with a project.

The GS is going to be great! A buddy and I were up thru Maine and Gaspe in July. With all the muddy, unpaved roads we kept running into, it would have been much safer/easier on a GS than an RT and RS.

I usually ride my RT through the winter when there's no ice on the road and it breaks into the 40's. I'm not sure I could just look at a brand new GS for 4 months and not ride it. I'm always looking for a reason to put on the cold weather gear if you want a riding buddy.

Thanks and Fly Safe!!!

Paul is going to be busy over the next few weeks so I have offered to help coordinate some of the activities for the Fall Tech Daze. I will be summarizing the list of attendees, projects, tools, etc over the next few days. I understand that these are dynamic lists that will probably change right up until the day of the event. In the mean time, I thought I would let everyone know that Paul has graciously offered to receive packages at his home for any of the projects. If you are planning on mail ordering bulky parts such as tires, you can have them delivered at Paul’s house. Let me know if you would like to ship any such parts to Paul’s home and I will provide you with his address information.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Paul has graciously offered to receive packages at his home for any of the projects. If you are planning on mail ordering bulky parts such as tires, you can have them delivered at Paul’s house.
Rats, I wonder if I could "overnight" myself there! dopeslap.gif

Too bad I already committed to this Tech Daze in Sacramento or I would've given it serious thought as I had a few days off on either side!! Rats! But anyway, I think it'd be much easier to ride to Sacramento/Roseville, CA than CT in late October from San Diego!! eek.gifgrin.gif

I'm pretty sure I can make it on the 28th. I'll bring:

Ministan, twin max, BMW rear wheel balance adapter, water manometer, and Fluke 87 (multimeter). My r1150rt needs a tuneup, brake bleed and a fog light replaced.

Henry

Hi Thad,

Sounds like you'll just miss the Tech Day before returning Stateside. I will host one in the spring too and you can join us then. Also, we are always up for something small and spontaneous if you're looking for a couple extra eyes and hands to help with a project.

The GS is going to be great! A buddy and I were up thru Maine and Gaspe in July. With all the muddy, unpaved roads we kept running into, it would have been much safer/easier on a GS than an RT and RS.

I usually ride my RT through the winter when there's no ice on the road and it breaks into the 40's. I'm not sure I could just look at a brand new GS for 4 months and not ride it. I'm always looking for a reason to put on the cold weather gear if you want a riding buddy.

Thanks and Fly Safe!!!

Gaspe sounds like a great trip. I'd like to get up that way on the bike. Janet and I spent some time in Nova Scotia and all I could think about is how much fun it would be on two wheels.

I have picked up a few heated bits so I'll definitely be giving them some test runs this winter. I certainly couldn't let the bike sit for any length of time grin.gif

There's also my Triumph project to fiddle with this winter. I've been trying to get that thing to run for a couple of years now, though admittedly not very hard.

Now I just have to get all the stuff my wife piled into the garage "relocated" so I have some room to work.

I'm always looking for folks to ride with, especially when it gets cold confused.gifgrin.gif see you soon,

Thad

I also think I can make it on the 28th. My main goals would be a Brake Bleed, valve adj. and TBS.

I can bring the standard metric tools, and anything else appropriate... cool.gif

hmn...that seca II sure needs some work to get it running wink.gif though it would be nice to have running sooner than that, it's probably not likely...

Is compression testing something that can be done at a Tech Daze? I have no idea how to do it or what tools are required, but I would be curious about the results.... And to see if this has anything to do with my oil consumption and hard starting...

Thanks!

David

This is what we've got so far...

Attendees:

Digger Jim

Rocks

Samsar

Armando

another David

henryj7

eric1234

BMWPhreak

kenneticut

bmw_keith

MASSRTRider

Goals:

TB sync Digger Jim, Rocks, Samsar, Armando, another David, henryj7, eric1234

Valve Adjust Digger Jim, Samsar, henryj7, eric1234

Brake Bleed Rocks, Armando, henryj7, eric1234

Clutch Bleed Rocks

Techlusion Install Digger Jim, another David

Fuel Filter Rocks

Lights Misc. another David, henryj7

Compression Test another David

Electrical Armando

WHEEL CLEANING Samsar grin.gif

Jim,

you just saved me some work. Samsar put together a spreadsheet for the spring tech daze. I was supposed to update it but have not gotten to it. blush.gif I will update later today and sent out to you as well if you like.

a

It would be helpful to identify 1 or 2 individuals who would be willing to guide others on the projects below, if needed.

Who would be comfortable leading others on the projects below?

Goals:

TB sync

Valve Adjust

Brake Bleed

Clutch Bleed

Techlusion Install

Fuel Filter

Lights Misc., Electrical

Compression Test

WHEEL CLEANING Samsar grin.gif

I figure I can do the Techlusion from the instructions. I can help out with any electrical stuff (I'll bring my manuals and tools) as I've been adding stuff to my bike all summer.

I'm going to try (agin) to make this date. Travel has been heavy so I won't know till very close to the date. I would like to do valves and a TB sync as well as wire up some auxialiary lights and possibly an AutoCom unit.

Francis

I would like to do valves and a TB sync as well as wire up some auxialiary lights and possibly an AutoCom unit.
I just did a set of aux lights using an Autoswitch from Cyclegadgets.com so I can turn them on/off thru a double-tap of the turn signal cancel button. Wasn't too difficult so I can help on that one.

Jim

I too would like to attend . I wanted to make the last one but did not . So if there is room count me in. I won't need anything done on the R12RT but I need to learn how to do some of this stuff myself.

Mike

Hi Francis and mos... I hope both your schedules allow for you to join us this time around.

Looks like it's going to be another great tech day with participation at 13 and growing... and another nice variety of projects to see and do. Let's hope there's no rain this time around.

rocks... I'll volunteer to lead the wheel cleaning project. tongue.gif Beemergirl taught me well and I think I'm ready to carry the torch. Let's see I'll need plenty of clean rags, rubbing alcohol, and extra elbow grease.

I'll be on the road a lot over the next few weeks but, I really looking forward to seeing everyone in about a month. Armando, Woodie, and I were able to meet a week ago to plan everything out and I think we're in good shape. Keep signing up and let us know what projects you'll be working on or want to see.

Cheers! thumbsup.gif

I'll volunteer to lead the wheel cleaning project. tongue.gif Beemergirl taught me well and I think I'm ready to carry the torch. Let's see I'll need plenty of clean rags, rubbing alcohol, and extra elbow grease.
Cool. Mine need a little cleaning...maybe a lot of cleaning. The whole "wash the bike" thing seems to be a lot of work for something that's just going to get dirty again. smile.gif

Jim

Archived