IGNORED

Full Throttle's Demise

Dennis Andress

35 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

And if you've not had a chance to get out from behind the keyboard and attend an ART, UN, DVD, SECFF or other events, do yourself a favor and take a chance - you will not regret it.

I've stayed out of this thread on purpose. But to Dave's point and @RTinNC comment it's not only on line but on the road. I try not to miss any opportunity to meet with and ride when possible with the folks on this board. I had never met @Dennis Andress or even communicated with him until we met in Santa Fe for the ride to Purgatory last summer. We had a great ride together and I look forward to visiting with him in the future. For me that's what BMWST is all about.

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 2
Dennis Andress

Forks? I've been asking that of riders for over a year. Forks, Washington is in the northwest corner of the country, near the Olympic National Park, in a rain forest. It will be a loooong ride, and I don't take the easy path. Departure will be around August 30 of this year... Writing a plan and a map and posting in Ride Planning is on my round-to-it. If you are interested send me an encouraging word and I'll get a faster round-to-it.

58 minutes ago, MichiganBob said:

Good idea. Banishment should be the last resort.

I agree. This started out as a difficult thread, it has moved around quite a bit, and I would not want to see anyone banned because of what has transpired here. I haven't seen anything overly egregious, certainly not compared to what FT was.

Let's let FT die, as has been decided. Further defense of FT is wasted motion. It certainly has not gone quietly into the night 

Get out and ride! If it's too crappy to get out and ride, eagerly await the time when you can finally get out and ride!

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
3 hours ago, TyTass said:

So, if your goal is to wrestle this board back away from being a bully pulpit for presenting opinions unrelated to motorcycling, I support that wholeheartedly. I am yet another who believes it should be a place to focus on what we love and have in common.  Motorcycling.

This statement, what Craig has relayed is the reason I logged into this board for over 15 years straight (member since 1999 when Cary started the site).  I came here every day, day in and out, multiple times a day.  I developed friendships that will last me until I'm no longer breathing. When I started to lose my family, these friends here.....HERE.....stepped in, stepped up and were there for me.  Thank god, budda, allah or the pet rock you pray to ....that they stepped into my life and that this board was created.  

Then came FT and that mentality in this board that others have already admitted have seeped into every forum.  And yes, after that sequence of events conversations at our events have seen people divide themselves into separate groups at night based on their politics. I've been coming to some sort of BMWst.com event since at least 2001. I never recall that kind of segmenting of our base until the board took that direction. I miss the days when we just drank libations and lied about how fast we rode that day..... 

If I log into the board once every week or two, it's a miracle now. I miss the years when we would ride for days at the drop of a hat just to hang out together.  So, you don't think FT and that level of discussion had an affect on this Family we created, loved and worked like hell to maintain...... re-read this post again.  If you don't feel the pain in my words....I can't help you. 

Shawn

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 3

Lone_RT_rider, that makes me sad that you have witnessed a division during gatherings.

I also feel justification that you have pointed out that without having been part of FT, you have seen it creep into the other sections, so it is an obvious change in the site that you have noted.

All the more reason to have it gone.

• Like 1
Indy Dave
3 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

This statement, what Craig has relayed is the reason I logged into this board for over 15 years straight (member since 1999 when Cary started the site).  I came here every day, day in and out, multiple times a day.  I developed friendships that will last me until I'm no longer breathing. When I started to lose my family, these friends here.....HERE.....stepped in, stepped up and were there for me.  Thank god, budda, allah or the pet rock you pray to ....that they stepped into my life and that this board was created.  

Then came FT and that mentality in this board that others have already admitted have seeped into every forum.  And yes, after that sequence of events conversations at our events have seen people divide themselves into separate groups at night based on their politics. I've been coming to some sort of BMWst.com event since at least 2001. I never recall that kind of segmenting of our base until the board took that direction. I miss the days when we just drank libations and lied about how fast we rode that day..... 

If I log into the board once every week or two, it's a miracle now. I miss the years when we would ride for days at the drop of a hat just to hang out together.  So, you don't think FT and that level of discussion had an affect on this Family we created, loved and worked like hell to maintain...... re-read this post again.  If you don't feel the pain in my words....I can't help you. 

Shawn

Thanks Craig and Shawn. This is a sentiment I hear over and over and over. And over. Again. The absolute number one question and concern/complaint I hear about at events is FT. And I have never, ever had anyone come to me and speak positively of it. 

But some of the positive things I have heard people talk about and have experienced myself are: 

I remember when Randy Ethridge drove hours from home to retrieve a fellow BMWST rider's bike that became buried to the frame and had to be abandoned by the exhausted rider - who faced a cold and wet trek out just to get a ride home. 

I remember when Boxflyer drove 2 states away to rescue a rider - picked him and his bike up and took him back to his house and put him up for the night, and fixed his bike the next day and sent him on his way.

I remember when Tim Borre volunteered to give up the Award Dinner (and if you know Tim - missing a meal is a big ask!) to pick up a stranded ride and their bike 2 hours away. That's the very same Tim who got up at the crack of dawn to ride to the nearest BMW dealer to be there when they opened to get parts for a fellow BMWST rider's disabled bike. 

I remember Ken Martin and his wife welcoming me into their home after dark to change my tires AND feed me a warm meal.

I remember Peter Shimm sending me his ESA shocks for my GS - for free.

I remember Mark Mayhew sending me his windshield for my GS - for free.

I remember Bernie sending me Hexhead parts for my bike when he sold his - for free.

I remember Highway41 sending me free parts.

And BammaJohn.

And John Ranalletta

Many folks I've met here have become best friends, and many have helped me "off line" with issues that revolve around their expertise.

And what about Dirtrider and Boxflyer and all of the help they freely give - it's their good pleasure to help others.

I am only scratching the surface - but the point is - this is the kind of community we have here!  Many just want to give back. This board isn't and never has been about FT.

What are some of your memories?  :lurk:  :lurk:

• Like 6
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
MT Wallet
8 hours ago, realshelby said:

While you CAN use the ignore button on forums, that is HARD to do at a rally or event. I can tell you I have avoided saying hi to certain members because I didn't want to take a chance I would be hearing what I read on FT when I was still on it.  That is just me. Maybe that can change now!

I understand that. We had a FT type forum years ago where I had posted and I was on an elevator with 3 young guys. They asked me my screen name and as soon as I told them they turned and ignored me. Nice guys. I often thought about meeting other members and being asked what my screen name was and that little joke pops into my head "And that's when the fight started". In the few UNs I've gone to I find the members here to be warm, open accepting people. Folks you like to hang out with. It's a testament to the people here.

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

Thanks Craig and Shawn. This is a sentiment I hear over and over and over. And over. Again. The absolute number one question and concern/complaint I hear about at events is FT. And I have never, ever had anyone come to me and speak positively of it. 

But some of the positive things I have heard people talk about and have experienced myself are: 

I remember when Randy Ethridge drove hours from home to retrieve a fellow BMWST rider's bike that became buried to the frame and had to be abandoned by the exhausted rider - who faced a cold and wet trek out just to get a ride home. 

I remember when Boxflyer drove 2 states away to rescue a rider - picked him and his bike up and took him back to his house and put him up for the night, and fixed his bike the next day and sent him on his way.

I remember when Tim Borre volunteered to give up the Award Dinner (and if you know Tim - missing a meal is a big ask!) to pick up a stranded ride and their bike 2 hours away. That's the very same Tim who got up at the crack of dawn to ride to the nearest BMW dealer to be there when they opened to get parts for a fellow BMWST rider's disabled bike. 

I remember Ken Martin and his wife welcoming me into their home after dark to change my tires AND feed me a warm meal.

I remember Peter Shimm sending me his ESA shocks for my GS - for free.

I remember Mark Mayhew sending me his windshield for my GS - for free.

I remember Bernie sending me Hexhead parts for my bike when he sold his - for free.

I remember Highway41 sending me free parts.

And BammaJohn.

And John Ranalletta

Many folks I've met here have become best friends, and many have helped me "off line" with issues that revolve around their expertise.

And what about Dirtrider and Boxflyer and all of the help they freely give - it's their good pleasure to help others.

I am only scratching the surface - but the point is - this is the kind of community we have here!  Many just want to give back. This board isn't and never has been about FT.

What are some of your memories?  

START '22

image.thumb.png.128e29a0338065f6d4f175ddcd929e41.png

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

My best memory is how Cary helped convince me to buy a RT instead of a Honda ST1100 back in 2000 and enter the world of BMW ownership.  THAT is when I joined this community.  Tons of helpful folks with answers to my sometimes "dumb" questions and often getting the RTFM comment and so off I went to read it!   Then as I tried to bond with my first BMW a "new to me" 1997 RT Cee Baileys hit the market as a result of his participation on this site and offered the first windshields at a bargain price to board members.   It was not until about 2019 I believe that I attended my first ART gathering in Sparta, NC and had a great time!   Today the ARTs are events I make every effort to NOT miss having made some great friends along the way.   It honestly just seems to be getting better and better. 

THIS is my "happy place" :grin:

i-kj728X2-X2.jpg

• Like 5
John Ranalletta
29 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

My best memory is how Cary helped convince me to buy a RT instead of a Honda ST1100 back in 2000 and enter the world of BMW ownership.  THAT is when I joined this community.  Tons of helpful folks with answers to my sometimes "dumb" questions and often getting the RTFM comment and so off I went to read it!   Then as I tried to bond with my first BMW a "new to me" 1997 RT Cee Baileys hit the market as a result of his participation on this site and offered the first windshields at a bargain price to board members.   It was not until about 2019 I believe that I attended my first ART gathering in Sparta, NC and had a great time!   Today the ARTs are events I make every effort to NOT miss having made some great friends along the way.   It honestly just seems to be getting better and better. 

THIS is my "happy place" :grin:

i-kj728X2-X2.jpg

We first met Cary at UN #1.  Later, we visited him at Marin BMW.  He was a first class gentleman.  I bought my first RT (used) after joining BMWRT.COM.  I don't remember who took this picture.

image.png.84eb324a5d38a3bcada9b74ec9959965.png

My most vivid memory was the night the Mennonite family joined us for dinner.  They were hold up at the KOA after hitting a deer and had spent all their vacation cash on repairs.  Fernando suggested we pass the hat and the group chipped in around $800 so they could rent a car to continue their vacation. 

As some will remember, the Hells Angels were meeting at the KOA the week following the UN.  When the father of that family spoke to thank us, he said he hoped they "do as well" with the Hells Angels.  

A group of BMWRTers were stopped to make a repair when Malcolm Smith walked up to offer assistance!  I wasn't in that group.

Lots of memories.

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
beemerboy
3 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

....................I am only scratching the surface - but the point is - this is the kind of community we have here!  Many just want to give back. This board isn't and never has been about FT.

@Sir_Rodney getting bunny ears from yours truly during the dinner at the 2006 Un, Gunnison 2 revisited. In 2012, I planned the Salida Un. The biggest compliments I got was how everyone was so happy that I found a hotel with a liquor store right across the street. Meeting Arizona Al at an unofficial Un in Gunnison in '03 where he crafted a custom earplug/speaker setup for me. I met @Patallaire then, too. Nice guy & financial wiz. Stayed at the KOA again. Great time.

Randy%20at%202006%20UnRally%20dinner-L.j

Several years later while on a business trip to AZ, I met him at his home where he made me a new earplug set. Several years after that I drove to AZ to escape the Colorado winter and met Al again only this time he was nearing the end due to a degenerative disease. Both times we went to his favorite restaurant where we dined on his favorite meal, chicken fried steak w/mashed taters n gravy. Al was a fixture at most all BMWST's events and it was fun to hang out in his room or the nearest picnic table watching him do the earplug thing for other attendees. Copious amounts of beer or bourbon were always on hand and consumed. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

my first ART gathering in Sparta, NC

Ed, that was the one were my F.D. crapped out on me. I had to run to the coast and grab my truck and trailer. You left a little present on my bike. When I got back a few days later and everyone was gone, the gage was still there. Thanks again. Also a shout out to Boxflyer, who mentioned I should also change the pivot bearings while changing the F.D.. He said that he had a set at home and would ship them to me. Wouldn't except any cash. They were in the mail a few days later. Thanks Brad ! Great people here. I could go on and on :grin:

• Like 4
Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Dennis.. who dat in the picture

That's me, Laney, and Paul.

When Laney and I were finished dressing she asked "Who's going to give me away?" It took me a little minute to answer "Paul."  Man was he blown away when we asked.

The pastor was wearing his one good set of clothes, and it was mighty thin. I gave him a pile of cash after the ceremony, and watched from a distance as he stood there counting the money and looking at `Nando's donation box for the Huntington Miners. I could tell he was torn, money does that. He put the money in the donation box and left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
lawnchairboy

remember lots of things.  riding with many of you. Whip, shawn, T, Paul, Eddd, jeeping with Mr. Olsen, cruising on lake George, Michael, changing tires at killers in torrey, Dennis and Laney, the clampett gang, craig, matt, chris, Lou, john, Rob, steve, Raaaan, The blasche boys, Ken, Brian T., ending a 50cc at jaimes in SD, many many places, many others, many many friends. tewks and roadscholar, marty has slept here, (although I think he is upset also) over the last 15+ years.  My red ford F-150 has pulled countless bikes from countless locations all over the place and delivered gas and bikes to shops in multiple states.  It is surprising to me that adults cannot have objective civil discussions on certain topics.   Nothing has changed for me.     I will not apologize for honest discussion.   COVID altered many personal realities I think. 

We are in Colorado now full time.  Come see us.  Plenty of space.  Yes, shawn:  come on, anybody else, probably come on too, reach out it is a beautiful state.    I recall sleeping in your house many years ago in SC. 

I will only be working intermittently these days.

chris

• Like 5
Joe Frickin' Friday
15 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Too many to count, and many of them bearing a vividness that compelled me to write book-length ride tales.  

I remember one of the earliest Tech Daze events, at David Baker's house back in 2002.   Marty Mayer had a hard time explaining to his young daughter what he was up to.

"So Dad, let me see if I got this right.  You're going to travel for hours and hours to hang out with some people you've talked to on the internet, but you don't know them by name and you've never seen them in person before?"

"Yes."

<with suspicion and concern>  "Well, OK, I guess.  But if anything doesn't seem right, you just get out of there, OK Dad?"  :classic_biggrin:

I remember Richard Turks' 50CC ride.  He posted his phone number so people could call him while he rode.  He ended up taking so many phone calls that other callers overflowed his voicemail.  

I remember epic food and riding with really cool cats who could ride like the wind in places like Torrey, Cody, Gunnison.  

Looking forward to more; hope to see many of you at START in a couple of months, and at DART this summer.

• Like 3

Roug is a character. He is one of my favorite posters. I don’t always agree with him, but it’s fun to debate with him when I don’t. 

A Marine who gave more than 20 years to our country in multiple deployments is someone I hope to meet and shake his hand. 

I hope Roug will stick around, continue to post, share experiences, and keep us entertained. 

Heck his electrical work alone is worth the price of admission. 

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3

Roug's glaring disregard for OSHA rules gives me heart palpitations. Great entertainment. I do worry about him though!

He is not shy to admit that he doesn't always follow societal norms, but does not respond in anger or accusation, simply from his point of view. 

He once said that he calls out soldiers, sailors, and Marines that have been injured by asking them how they F'd up to end up that way. At first it was a bit shocking to me, but I realized it's how he addresses the elephant in the room. I have a feeling he often calls out the elephant.

He definitely needs to stick around. As do the others. Many felt slighted in FT, rightly so. To be honest much of the content was embarrassing. Hopefully the ship can get righted and back on course.

I do not have any memories or stories of interaction with members here, I enjoy reading about them though, it shows how important this site has been in people's lives.

I have not attended any events yet, but I do want to show up at least once with my loud ape hanger Harley just to irritate. Then get asked to leave, I won't be offended!

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 1:44 PM, Dennis Andress said:

Maybe ask a kid to work on it together….

On 2/5/2024 at 12:32 PM, Dennis Andress said:

As for this board, I must ask you to leave.

On 2/5/2024 at 2:16 PM, Dennis Andress said:

Why does this motorcycle discussion board sound unwelcoming to riders who don't fit the mold of FT?

Confused about what you are actually trying to accomplish...... demeaning statements, telling two people to leave the board while wondering why it sounds unwelcoming to other riders?

A lot has happened while I went out of town for a couple days..........:java:

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
Dennis Andress

I emailed Roug to apologize and ask him to return 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
RandyShields
52 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I do not have any memories or stories of interaction with members here, I enjoy reading about them though, it shows how important this site has been in people's lives.

I have not attended any events yet, but I do want to show up at least once with my loud ape hanger Harley just to irritate. Then get asked to leave, I won't be offended!

A lot of us here would like to meet you.  You know you are welcome to join us personally whenever you can.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
RandyShields
2 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I emailed Roug to apologize and ask him to return 

Dennis, good on you.  That was the right thing to do.   

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Then get asked to leave

Won’t happen unless you forget to keep it polished like a good HD owner. 😁. If you lead a couple of rides, those of us who follow will never be lost. Just follow the sound. 

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress
16 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Won’t happen unless you forget to keep it polished like a good HD owner. 😁. If you lead a couple of rides, those of us who follow will never be lost. Just follow the sound. 

And cover the ape hangers...

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Confused about what you are actually trying to accomplish...... demeaning statements, telling two people to leave the board while wondering why it sounds unwelcoming to other riders?

A lot has happened while I went out of town for a couple days..........:java:

Have you read this?

RandyShields
22 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

A lifetime of friends, rides and meals.  Lots of meals.

P4110006.JPG

PC210079.JPG

photo (002).JPG

start 20231.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg.ff206c87602388cbe20ad231cf98bf77.jpg

20220917_123132.jpg.b77b5ddd5acd6a0429189ff83159de5c.jpg

20210923_115701.jpg

20230513_132645.jpg

start 20232.jpg

Start dinner.jpeg

The crew 11-15.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Roug's glaring disregard for OSHA rules gives me heart palpitations. Great entertainment. I do worry about him though!

He is not shy to admit that he doesn't always follow societal norms, but does not respond in anger or accusation, simply from his point of view. 

He once said that he calls out soldiers, sailors, and Marines that have been injured by asking them how they F'd up to end up that way. At first it was a bit shocking to me, but I realized it's how he addresses the elephant in the room. I have a feeling he often calls out the elephant.

He definitely needs to stick around. As do the others. Many felt slighted in FT, rightly so. To be honest much of the content was embarrassing. Hopefully the ship can get righted and back on course.

Hosstage ..... as Randy said you are always welcome and FYI .... my best riding buddy was a tried and true Harley guy who's Reinhardt pipes had to be as loud as possible (thankfully he always let me lead)  and we covered tens of thousands of miles to gather ... me on my "quiet" BMW and Ron on his car alarm actuator.   It gave us something to bicker about as that was about the only thing in life we did not agree on.   So bring your noise maker any time.  Would love to meet you.   And as you know I actually owned a purrdee Harley for about 18 months.  So load up and ride on it!  

• Like 2
RandyShields
8 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

And as you know I actually owned a purrdee Harley for about 18 months.

Many on this board own or owned HDs.  I had a Road King and Ultra Classic back in the day and still admire the HD lines.  One of the best parts of my Great Lakes lighthouse tour last summer was the day I spent at the HD museum in Milwaukee.  Very special.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Many on this board own or owned HDs.  I had a Road King and Ultra Classic back in the day and still admire the HD lines.  One of the best parts of my Great Lakes lighthouse tour last summer was the day I spent at the HD museum in Milwaukee.  Very special.

Yup ... even if you are NOT a Harley fan NO ONE does the archival and history stuff better than The Motor Company.   I spent half a day there and loved it.   As they say .... it does not matter WHAT you ride but rather THAT you ride. 

• Like 2

Well....I've been known to be the minority bike when riding with my buds....  This was probably around 2012 somewhere in deep East Texas  Me on my 1150RT

IMG_0173.JPG

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Have you read this?

Yup, read the whole thread..... still don't think the tone of the first couple pages is what you intended, I mean I hope it isn't as it definitely doesn't make folks feel welcome.

Reads more like "I'm the new sheriff and you'll all behave or leave"..... almost sounds like there's another list being made.:lurk:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
lawnchairboy

i did an iron butt on a road king in 2004.  they are comfy bikes. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lawnchairboy said:

i did an iron butt on a road king in 2004.  they are comfy bikes. 

On a trip out West on the RoadKing many years ago, I ran into a guy also on a long trip on an RT. I asked him how he liked it. He said it is great, but is hard on his knees. He said he did the same trip a year or two earlier on a RoadKing and it was hard on his butt.

My observations between the two are similar, though my RK has a pretty comfortable aftermarket seat.

Sorry to hijack this thread with HD talk.

I love my RT, but if I was going to take a 1000 mile road trip and my  choices were Ultra Classic or RT; the Ultra would be the choice. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I love my RT, but if I was going to take a 1000 mile road trip and my  choices were Ultra Classic or RT; the Ultra would be the choice. 

This is the kind of stuff that should be discussed in BMWST, not any of that FT crap.

34 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

This is the kind of stuff that should be discussed in BMWST, not any of that FT crap.

Yeah, there’s way less of a chance offending someone while debating the subject of how bad Harley Davidson sucks compared to BMW. :classic_ohmy: :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
53 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah, there’s way less of a chance offending someone while debating the subject of how bad Harley Davidson sucks compared to BMW. :classic_ohmy: :rofl:

From Harley's AMF days:

Ride a Harley

Ride the best

Ride a mile

Walk the rest

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 3
Lone_RT_rider
19 minutes ago, Joe Frickin&#x27; Friday said:

From Harley's AMF days:

Ride a Harley

Ride the best

Ride a mile

Walk the rest

Having had an AMF HD, I feel this pain.  I kept a file for the points under the seat at all times.  :( 

• Like 4
Indy Dave
16 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

... I kept a file for the points under the seat at all times.  :( 

Say what you will, but AMG was way ahead of the curve by offering frequent walker points..  :whistle:

• Haha 1

AMF owning HD was a tragic era for the brand and should never be compared to the other eras pre and post AMF.  Seems AMF was draining resources from HD to keep their bowling pin business from collapse.

Today if one is considering a land-yacht class touring bike and omit consideration of any of the more recent big Hawgly touring bikes, they do themselves a big disservice on some fine mile crunchers. 

(how's that for an opinion sans any FT venom).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Depends where you are when you bring it up!

If you are at the home of Harley Davidson (any dive bar), you might get some pushback....

44 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Depends where you are when you bring it up!

If you are at the home of Harley Davidson (any dive bar), you might get some pushback....

I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get some pushback. ;)

• Smile 1
37 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Harley? Sorry, Mom was born in Berlin. 
image.jpeg

I was born in Augsburg, Germany, does that count?

3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Harley? Sorry, Mom was born in Berlin. 
image.jpeg

A fine mile cruncher to be sure. Different strokes for different folks in so many ways from a big V-twin touring bike.  

My last dealer performed service on my wethead RT they let me take one of those K1600 beauties to the office as a loaner.  I took a longish way back to get my RT after work.  I loved the smooth linear power and the lux comfy ride. Laughed when I realized that I needed to shave 40 mph off my on-ramp entry speed to the Interstate. So fast, smooth and a darn good handling machine.  Definitely would pick it over an Ultraglide.  In the end that ride re-confirmed that I’m just not a land-yacht class touring bike guy.  I was so happy getting back on my RT and bending the horizon flicking the lighter shorter bike into the tight turns on the way home. Different strokes.

• Like 2

Oh, forgot to add that the Ferrari like exhaust note of that 6 cylinder motor was out of this world cool.