IGNORED

Motorcycle feels sluggish at low RPM

kon

1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

I feel for you profbodryak... I know kind of drastic, but think I would take it back to the dealer show room and tell them to call me when it's fixed and loan me a bike until it is.  If not...might be time to get legal help.  Good luck...it's not right.

Thanks Skywagon. The thing is that I test drove another RT and it had exactly the same symptom. Seems to be that this is how they come from the factory. 

According to the manual, DBC only activates from front lever forceful braking events, not rear. I will try it in Road and Dynamic modes. Interesting, certainly does not look to be operating correctly in the video. Video looks unrelated to DBC. Do you use the connected ride app? It will map your ride and show you ABS, and Traction control events where they occur. Traction control does interrupt throttle input. I found this out when turning off onto a buddies newly rocked drive( large base type rock not packed well). Tried to move from a stop in Road mode and the engine kept cutting off. Had to change to Enduro mode to allow some rear tire slip to pull forward. Unrelated to your RT, but illustrates that maybe TC is interrupting throttle input. No clue why. As long as your phone is paired to the TFT, it should show your ride and maybe show TC events when this occurs. Just a thought. Hope they figure it out, as something does not look right.

I usually don't have ride recording set to on but can try, thank you for an idea. This was previously looked at by the dealer and the verdict was that it's a part of the algorithm. Not sure about front vs rear brakes but it does the same thing with the front brakes. 

Just don't understand why for this much money there couldn't be an option to turn this off. 

• Like 1

You can switch off DTC from the menu. Might try that and see if you can duplicate issue. If you still can duplicate, you know it's not DTC. On next ignition switch cycle it will turn back on, or you can activate it manually.

I don’t think this is a programming issue, I think your bike has a problem. A friend of mine had a CamHead RT do the same stuff and BMW had to buy the bike back, because no one could fix it. I think they changed the complete wiring harness and then resold the bike. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

But then why did the other one from the showroom have this symptom when I test rode it? And then those two RT-Ps with the same issue? 

But then also, Bernie, have you tried it with your RT? 

Something tells me I am not alone with this issue.