IGNORED

Fall Appalichian Riding Tour (FART) - Sept. 14-18 Natural Bridge, VA

Indy Dave

10 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

The lay of the land - not shown, the brewery across the street from the Hotel. Also, the park store (across the street or through the parking lot tunnel)has has finger food - pizza slices and pretzels, snacks, soda water.

543297369_storebeermap.thumb.jpg.49ddbc00697210f60d9459711c6b71f4.jpg

The Bike wash will be across the street, in front of the Franklin House. Ask for towels at the front desk (please be sure to return the dirty ones!)

2078542174_Screenshot(202).thumb.jpg.c5d7c391369b7a8a70f806bc2f5c82b5.jpg

Not real familiar with "Bike Wash"?  I thought the weather looked really good.

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
12 hours ago, twistyguy said:

I just found out that Todd Zacker of Zacker Adventures https://m.facebook.com/login.php?next=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fzackeradventures%2F&refsrc=deprecated&_rdr is going to join us on our off-road ride on Friday.  He’s a top notch ADV instructor and knows the roads around Natural Bridge as well as anyone.  Feel free to join us on Friday if you’re interested.

I am in.  Meeting time and KSU?

9 hours ago, TSConver said:

Same here, cannot download them.

I can Bluetooth the routes to you at Natural Bridge..  Todd Zacker will lead an off road ride either Thursday or Friday.  He hasn’t figured out what day yet.  If that doesn’t work for you, then I’ll give you the routes I made up and you can ride them when it works for you.

When you check in, please look for the sign in table with check-in sheet, prize questions and pizza night sign up lists.

• Like 1

leaving in an hour.  will travel to Wytheville, VA.  stay the night there and travel to Natural Bridge on Thursday.  Already have our first issue, Uncle Tommy is stranded in Abingdon, VA.  bike was running great humming along.  He stopped in Bristol, TN filled up and 15 files later he is limping along at 5 miles an hour. Our hope/assumption is bad gas.  

He made it to a shell station off I-85 in Abingdon, and is going to drain the gas tank as best he can, put in new gas and some gas treatment and hope it clears the carb out and the bike runs again.  Otherwise I might be driving to Abingdon with the trailer, and trailering him back to Morristown, TN on thursday 

:-)

Craig - it was as if you were here, as you were in mind pretty much all day and night, as everyone loved your routes and spoke (highly) of them daily. So many choices . . .

Thanks SO MUCH for you're hard work! We are truly fortunate to have you and @Bernie and @twistyguy AKA Route Masters in our midst!

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is usually the last weekend in April.   He told us at the dinner and guess what I forgot already.  :ohboy:

Don't worry Pat; @Indy Dave will be along shortly with The Offficial Announcement.  Guessing within 2 weeks from now.   :dontknow:

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

It is usually the last weekend in April.   He told us at the dinner and guess what I forgot already.

Correct -- April 26-30 in Ellijay, GA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 10/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, TEWKS said:

Has the 23 START date been announced yet? William told me I could ask for a friend. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

On 10/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, wbw6cos said:

YES!  Yes, I did.   Pretty cool.

@wbw6cos - CORRECT, Sir! :yes:

@TEWKS - why yes it has! :wave:

• Thanks 1
On 10/10/2022 at 4:43 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Did'ya see Mike & DyAnne at the pulloff?

On 10/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, wbw6cos said:

YES!  Yes, I did.   Pretty cool.

But did you see them here? Stay till the end ;)  . . .  and if it's blurry, turn up the video resolution. 

https://youtu.be/tPcWrO0PaqY

• Like 2
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic