IGNORED

Fall Appalichian Riding Tour (FART) - Sept. 14-18 Natural Bridge, VA

Indy Dave

22 hours ago, Gary G said:

Hey all, Late arrival, but I will be getting there Thursday evening. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

Gary Glickman

It's never too late Gary - Welcome! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Dave

OK - The (Clint Eastwood "NAG NAG NAG" email will be going out shortly for dinner - please don't wait till the last minute! Missed the announcement? No problem here you go! Friday Night Dinner info

Here's who's set for Dinner Friday Night:

William    & Laura Weldin
John & Ruth Ranalletta
Dave Taylor
Charles    Borre
Randy Shields
Dan & Michelle Kitzes
Bill    Murray
Dennis Barlow
R a Williams Jr    
Todd Fridman + 1    
Mike & DyAnne Barksdale
Dave Douglass
Joel Gross
Burt Jones
Marcus Maxwell
Alan McCord
Chris Coulter

• Like 1

Actually, for me, it is 8 days and a wake-up call before my departure; I am leaving Tuesday morning for an awesome ride up with a stop-over in Abingdon.   Then, it will be another fabulous ride into Natural Bridge for a Wednesday arrival.  Today, the official kick-off for the FART is 9 days and a wake-up call for the countdown.   A few other board members might have an idea about my lingo.  Might.   :dontknow:

• Like 3

7 days and a wake up for us. Got a front tire that is due on Tuesday that has to go on first. Next Monday is from home to Pigeon Forge. Second day is the long way to just outside of Tazewell VA with a short ride to Natural Bridge on Wednesday. Can't wait! 

• Like 5

William,

We are stopping in Mooresville NC Tuesday for the night on the way up.  I am looking for routes to Natural Bridge on Wednesday.  What route are you taking from Abington?  Just looking for options.

Ron

I would look for something interesting to Marion and take the back of the Dragon to Tazewell. A couple of decent lunch options there and there are plenty of decent options from Tazewell over to Natural Bridge.  

• Like 2
On 9/4/2022 at 10:25 AM, wbw6cos said:

Actually, for me, it is 8 days and a wake-up call before my departure; I am leaving Tuesday morning for an awesome ride up with a stop-over in Abingdon.   Then, it will be another fabulous ride into Natural Bridge for a Wednesday arrival.  Today, the official kick-off for the FART is 9 days and a wake-up call for the countdown.   A few other board members might have an idea about my lingo.  Might.   :dontknow:

No additional time in case you get lost, I mean take the long scenic way? :5147:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@DaveCinNO Dave - very sorry to hear!

@BerettaRacer @missinginaction @Gary G A (late) and WARM Welcome!! Looking forward to meeting you guys in a few short days!

DINNER $$ IS DUE NOW! Please look after this detail NOW! Details are on the first post of this thread and in the email I just sent. Please guys - I have a very busy week and I really need to wrap this up with Natural Bridge. :18:

Thanks!!

1677602800_whosgoingSept4r1.thumb.jpg.de1c9f13c6e19a1e9635878572bc5e29.jpg

Paid for Dinner:

John & Ruth Ranalletta
Dave Taylor
Charles    Borre
Randy Shields
Dan & Michelle Kitzes
Bill Murray
Dennis Barlow
R a Williams Jr    
Todd Fridman
Todd +1    
Mike & DyAnne Barksdale
Dave Douglass
Joel Gross
Burt Jones
Marcus Maxwell
Alan McCord
Chris Coulter
Dirk
Dirk +1
Randy
Uncle Tom

well Maps are in the GPS, new small tail bag purchased and installed on passenger seat.  Chain is cleaned and waxed.  bike is maybe washed and cleaned :-) Meal money sent in.

Nothing left to do but sit around for a week.  Oh wait got that job thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Updated Dinner paid list.

William & Laura Weldin
John & Ruth Ranalletta
Dave Taylor
Charles  Borre
Randy Shields
Dan & Michelle Kitzes
Bill Murray
Dennis Barlow
R a Williams Jr    
Todd Fridman
Todd +1    
Mike & DyAnne Barksdale
Dave Douglass
Joel Gross
Burt Jones
Marcus Maxwell
Alan McCord
Chris Coulter
Dirk
Dirk +1
Randy Ethridge
Uncle Thomas
John Malone
Christopher Patterson
Craig T Brooks
Ken Martin
Rick Young
David Whiting

51 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Lowndes already washed his bike first, so yours won't make it rain 

well what I did really would not count as washing so I was safe anyways.  just a quick rinse to get the chain cleaner/chain gung off the swing arm and rim

• Like 1

South Florida is in 'Da House!!! LOL :18:

Got all (I think) the bugs worked out, and reservations made. 

As long as Amtrak will load my bike on the Auto Train Monday morning, I'm scheduled to arrive at Natural Bridge Thursday afternoon.

When I called hotel, they said BMW group was full and no added reservations. Then I tried for just any room, and they said "No, we are full", but I got on website and it let me book a room. Hopefully they don't have me double stacked/on standby.

Fri night meal paid.

I'm not familiar with the area, and haven't had a chance to look at any map routes for a Fri & Sat ride, so if anybody wants to help guide a newbie to the area it would be helpful. In case you missed my earlier post, passing thru the area on a blacked out K1200S, from northern Va, back to So Fla.

• Like 2

@BerettaRacer+

While our room block has expired, they should honor the rate. PM me your real name, and I'll see what I can do.

About the routes, if you go back a page or two, you will see not only the downloads for the routes, but also a couple of comments about the routes themselves from craig, who created the routes for this event. You will also be able to download a description of the routes, which is quite detailed. In addition also in the thread are comments and suggestions from other posters about the area. So hopefully those can help. If not, please feel free to post specific questions.

Thanks!

Tick tick tock....

Don't be the last of the flock, pay for your meal today, and avoid a meal of schlock!

• Like 1

PAID FOR DINNER:

John & Ruth Ranalletta
Dave Taylor
Charles    Borre
Randy Shields
Dan & Michelle Kitzes
Bill Murray
Dennis Barlow
R a Williams Jr    
Todd Fridman
Todd +1    
Mike & DyAnne Barksdale
Dave Douglass
Joel Gross
Burt Jones
Marcus Maxwell
Alan McCord
Chris Coulter
Dirk
Dirk +1
Randy Ethridge
Uncle Thomas
John Malone
Christopher Patterson
Craig T Brooks
Ken Martin
Rick Young
David Whiting
Ron Moalli
Bob Conley
Harrold Patterson
Andy Raye
Kathryn Raye

• Like 1
22 hours ago, CraigTBrooks said:

Anyone want to room with me I have a room and an extra bed

Craig,

I would love to share a room . I currently have a room reservation plz.   email me to discuss at barrymoss007@gmail.com. or call 240-674-1640  soon,

Barry

• Like 1

Please . .PLEASE make your meal payment now. If you are not coming to the meal or event, please do me a favor and let me know. I have sent emails.  :4617:

Here's The current PAID up List:

William & Laura Weldin
John & Ruth Ranalletta
Dave Taylor
Charles Borre
Randy Shields
Dan & Michelle Kitzes
Bill Murray
Dennis Barlow
R a Williams Jr    
Todd Fridman
Todd +1    
Mike & DyAnne Barksdale
Dave Douglass
Joel Gross
Burt Jones
Marcus Maxwell
Alan McCord
Chris Coulter
Dirk
Dirk +1
Randy Ethridge
Uncle Thomas
John Malone
Christopher Patterson
Craig T Brooks
Ken Martin
Rick Young
David Whiting
Ron Moalli
Bob Conley
Harrold Patterson
Andy Raye
Kathryn Raye
Loundes
Peter Shimm
Rish Nathan
Don Garity
Bill Rawson
Barry Moss

Here is the current tally of Who's going as of 4pm Friday Sept.9th. If you're not on this list and should be (or shouldn't be, please PM me to advise):

786540813_whosgoingfinalrevision.thumb.jpg.fc0c025ca9536151866adfa4f2d8f333.jpg

**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT**

THURSDAY Night's EndoBob's Pizza Night!

Due to logistical issues, we need to have a head count for Pizza Night. There is no delivery and our own @John Ranalletta has graciously volunteered to pick up the pizza. So we need to order enough pizza up front. As always, we break up the total cost of the pizza by the number of attendees - so the cost is minimal per person. BYOD.

If you're planning on having Pizza with us Thursday Night at the hotel (Jefferson Room) at 6:30, please follow the link to let us know by posting here: FART Thursday Night PIZZA Sign Up

Thanks!

PS: As soon as we work out a few kinks in the Friday Dinner list, I'll post that.

Thanks one and all forgetting your funds in. One of the issues that finally got resolved is the the hotel had avertedly added in some people to our room list - and I could not figure out who there were! :5590:

Here's Friday's Dinner list! Please advise if you should be on this list!

1 Wyn Ayers
2 DyAnne Barksdale
3 Mike Barksdale
4 Dennis Barlow
5 Charles Borre
6 Craig T Brooks
7 Tshibangu Bukassa
8 Bob Conley
9 Shawn Conver
10 Susan Conver
11 Chris Coulter
12 Alan Donnels
13 Dave Douglass
14 Thomas Ethridge
15 Randy Ethridge
16 Mystery Girl Friedman
17 Todd Friedman
18 Don Garity
19 Gary Glickman
20 Joel Gross
21 Chris Kinney
22 Daniel Kitzes
23 Michelle Kitzes
24 Dirk Krid
25 Kristine Krid
26 John Malone
27 Ken Martin
28 Marcus Maxwell
29 Alan McCord
30 Bob McLaughlin
31 Ron Moalli
32 Barry Moss
33 William Murray
34 Rich Nathan
35 Christopher Patterson
36 Harrold Patterson
37 John Ranalletta
38 Ruth Ranalletta
39 Bill Rawson
40 Andy Raye
41 Kathryn Raye
42 Walter Rumble
43 Randy Shields
44 Peter Shimm
45 Dave Taylor
46 Laura Weldin
47 William Weldin
48 William Whatley
49 David Whiting
50 R A Williams Jr
51 Rick Young
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Well crap again!  Didn't want to start after the first fuel stop and it obviously set a code.  Seems to run fine now, we will see how it goes.

225591760_20220911_2137322.thumb.jpg.8ed4f34921f896cb4263d53953dd7bb4.jpg

Hope it worked itself out?

Jealous that you two are on the road already!!

• Like 1

Looking for a group to do some dirt roads / adv riding one day at FART.  Mild to intermediate for me. I am open to Thursday, Friday or Saturday.  Other days will likely do some pavement with the wife on her Ryker.  

Either reply here or PM me directly.  We are camping in the toy hauler about 10 min away so would like to figure it out ahead of time.

No problem loading the big K bike onto Amtrak, on same skid with another Beemer 

Looks like 6 bikes loaded, 4 Beemers, 2 Harleys 

20220912_131022.jpg

And here we have a lesson in how to pack 2 weeks worth or gear onto a sport bike.

Add an oversize windshield on top of the existing windshield, add an extension to push the tailbag back back six inches, ratchet strap duffel bag to passenger seat, lol.

Just couldn't find a place for the big screen TV.

bike.jpg

• Like 4

The lay of the land - not shown, the brewery across the street from the Hotel. Also, the park store (across the street or through the parking lot tunnel)has has finger food - pizza slices and pretzels, snacks, soda water.

543297369_storebeermap.thumb.jpg.49ddbc00697210f60d9459711c6b71f4.jpg

The Bike wash will be across the street, in front of the Franklin House. Ask for towels at the front desk (please be sure to return the dirty ones!)

2078542174_Screenshot(202).thumb.jpg.c5d7c391369b7a8a70f806bc2f5c82b5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys.

With help from Todd Zacker from Zacker Adventures and Blair from Penmerryl motorcycle resort, I've put together 2 big bike friendly off-road routes (attached) out of Natural Bridge. The first is quite long and will split into two routes in your GPS--It's about 160 miles.  The second is 125 miles.  Both are a mix of dirt and asphalt (but plenty of dirt).  Enjoy.  Pull me aside at FART if you have any questions.

Twistyguy (Peter)

1 Natural Bridge ADV Route.gpx 2 Natural Bridge ADV Route 2.gpx

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

I just found out that Todd Zacker of Zacker Adventures https://m.facebook.com/login.php?next=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fzackeradventures%2F&refsrc=deprecated&_rdr is going to join us on our off-road ride on Friday.  He’s a top notch ADV instructor and knows the roads around Natural Bridge as well as anyone.  Feel free to join us on Friday if you’re interested.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
4 hours ago, BerettaRacer said:

No problem loading the big K bike onto Amtrak, on same skid with another Beemer 

Looks like 6 bikes loaded, 4 Beemers, 2 Harleys 

20220912_131022.jpg

And here we have a lesson in how to pack 2 weeks worth or gear onto a sport bike.

Add an oversize windshield on top of the existing windshield, add an extension to push the tailbag back back six inches, ratchet strap duffel bag to passenger seat, lol.

Just couldn't find a place for the big screen TV.

bike.jpg

Well that's one way to save wear and tear on the front tire...since it will never touch the pavement.  ;)

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, twistyguy said:

Hey guys.

With help from Todd Zacker from Zacker Adventures and Blair from Penmerryl motorcycle resort, I've put together 2 big bike friendly off-road routes (attached) out of Natural Bridge. The first is quite long and will split into two routes in your GPS--It's about 160 miles.  The second is 125 miles.  Both are a mix of dirt and asphalt (but plenty of dirt).  Enjoy.  Pull me aside at FART if you have any questions.

Twistyguy (Peter)

1 Natural Bridge ADV Route.gpxUnavailable 2 Natural Bridge ADV Route 2.gpxUnavailable

Hey Peter, the files are showing "unavailable".  Is it just me?   Thanks!