IGNORED

Gasoline Prices - Whats Yours?

Skywagon

5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Remember when…. :dontknow:

For some strange reason I just started hearing the song YMCA!  :whistle: :dance:

image.thumb.jpeg.d2c606ace019dd4ef57e0736a52a9c14.jpeg

TRUST ME, you don't wanna go there.  This thread SO BADLY wants a transfer to the "Full Throttle" thread.

"Root cause" almost demands it. 

6 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

TRUST ME, you don't wanna go there.  This thread SO BADLY wants a transfer to the "Full Throttle" thread.

"Root cause" almost demands it. 

The trick and the fun part is to stay on the wire. ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

I worry more about pre-detonation and heat damage, the timing having to constantly be dialed back to prevent it.

Aaand, the GMC calls for “recommended” 93, not the standard 92, that stuff aint at every fuel farm……., so we buck the entire recommendation and go wit 87

38 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

yeah, i'm sloppy like that.  Comes from being enraged by current events, nearly every single day.   :4607:

makes me wanna reach out and touch someone, on occasion, but I don't.

not yet 🙄

Amazon.com: STRESS THAT CONFUSION CREATED WHEN ONE'S MIND ...

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Hosstage said:

I worry more about pre-detonation and heat damage, the timing having to constantly be dialed back to prevent it.

My 2003 RT requires mid grade but I started to use low grade to see what would happen. 
I found that low grade is fine until ambient temps got somewhere above 90° at which point there would be pre-ignition when taking off from a stop. During Summer months I would “blend” the fuel (50/50’ish) to prevent knocking (no knock sensors on that engine). 

15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t been moved.  
Certainly needs to be considering the circumstances.  

• Like 1

I got a jump start on most of you planting tomatoes for the season. 
I have about $10/plant in plants, chicken poop, & caned anchovies. 
Hopefully I have the Ground Squirrel’s under control so I get my money’s worth.  

17 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Come on Man!!!!!

image.jpeg.269764f215f3e261a9cba6bc3e41a5bc.jpeg

Yep, that Putin guy has been causing our fuel prices to skyrocket ever since January 21, 2021!   Damn him!  Save Ukraine, free Russia! 

Free gas ... oh... er .. nevermind, getting carried away again.  🤣

" /SARC "

Surprisingly Houston still at $3.99 cheaper stations and $4.19 at premium stations. Hasn’t changed now in about 10 days. 

Went out at lunch today and believe it or not....a slight change downward.  Cheaper stations at $3.94 and major brands $3.99.  I guess the majors were taking a hit after crossing the $4 mark.

That's the (credit card) price at Costco Coeur d'Alene, Idaho:

UNL:  $3.94

PRM: $4.30

Not sure any of us will see even $3 /gal gas again in our lifetimes, but the recent trend is somewhat hopeful, no?

5 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

That's the (credit card) price at Costco Coeur d'Alene, Idaho:

UNL:  $3.94

PRM: $4.30

Not sure any of us will see even $3 /gal gas again in our lifetimes, but the recent trend is somewhat hopeful, no?

It'll drop back, just as it did around 2008 highs and 2012 highs, don't be so pessimistic.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:08 AM, Rougarou said:

It'll drop back, just as it did around 2008 highs and 2012 highs, don't be so pessimistic.

Maybe it's starting,.....$3.99 at that BP I pass.......down $0.20

• 3 months later...

Still on state tax holiday in Georgia. 3.64 for regular or 3.54 with the Circle K easy pay discount is the cheapest in the neighborhood. 

19 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

See the trick worked. ;) $3.50 a gallon sounds damn reasonable. :classic_biggrin:

LOL I would take that.

Hovering around $4.50 a gallon here and $5.50 for diesel.

• Like 1

Diesel was pretty close to regular.   It used to be lower than regular.   Cannot remember when.

Diesel was always cheaper because it required much less refining. Not sure the reasoning to cause the surge in price.

7 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Diesel was pretty close to regular.   It used to be lower than regular.   Cannot remember when.

Just now, Hosstage said:

Diesel was always cheaper because it required much less refining. Not sure the reasoning to cause the surge in price.

When we bought the wife her superduty in 2002, diesel was about $0.30 cheaper than reglar.  Upon our return from Okinawa in 2007, diesel was more than reglar and has been that way since.

I think the price up was from the new diesel ultra low sulphur,.....not too sure though

• Like 2

$3.99 regular appeared today here. On the way home this afternoon I saw several stations between $3.99 and $4.03. We get a gas tax holiday in a couple of months - right before the November elections.

Well, I just paid about $4.60 a gal at the Coeur d'Alene Costco an hour ago (approximate, cause I didn't look super close at the price, would have ruined my whole day).

We just finished a trip from Maine > CT > NYC (!!!) > NJ > Maryland > PA, TN, AL, FL (near Pensacola), and prices varied greatly.  I saw prices in the high $3's in Alabama, maybe it was like $3.69 or $3.79, if I recall, and paid $4.90 in Basking Ridge, NJ (wherever that is).   I paid $4.36 a gal in Winchester, VA.   $4.49 in Knoxville.  I can't recall, but I think it was maybe $4.19 at the Costco in Knoxville.  Around the FL panhandle, I don't have a receipt, but those prices were in the low to mid $4.xx range, if I recall.

So, N. Idaho prices are no treat right now.  Definitely better deals around the country. 

In Akron, OH

$3.80 for Reg

$4.50 for Premium

The spread between Reg and Prem is increasing as well.

15 years ago when I bought an Acura the spread was .20

I don't remember when the spread jumped to $.60 ....... maybe 3-4 years ago?

This is the first time I'm seeing $.70

• 3 weeks later...

Lookie, lookie,......got into some year 2013 fuel prices when I hit the fuel farm yesterday.

image.png.5879734cf3ad48c156fdbfed299069ab.png

The sky seems to be rising :)

John Ranalletta

Politicians have little to do with gas prices if any.  Most effects coming from FED increase in rates, recession on the horizon and accompanying demand destruction.  Hundreds of companies are announcing or have completed layoffs.  People are scared shitless if their jobs are in danger with kids in schools and big mortgage payments.  What's the easiest cost to cut?  Gas.  Just stay home.

Demand is almost as low as the dark days of 2020.

image.thumb.png.1fd2671bcdd0d7e5f0f48637a1392c3b.png

1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

Politicians have little to do with gas prices if any

I’m awful with charts but my memory kinda tells me different. :spittake:

• Like 1