IGNORED

Gasoline Prices - Whats Yours?

Skywagon

12 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Why are we discussing EV’s in a price of gas topic discussion?

Do conversations not evolve?,.....and why hit on me, I wasn't the first to hit on EVs in this thread.

21 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Do conversations not evolve?,.....and why hit on me, I wasn't the first to hit on EVs in this thread.

Straw that broke the camel’s back.

If Johnny Jones jumps off a bridge…. 

I posted an image of the pump dispensing gas into my ICE with a comment of sympathy to the ICE operators among us & get jumped on.

”You hold him down while I kick him.”  

5 years ago I had to do something about my 03 RT with 14x,xxx miles on the clock & decided to try EV.
It’s far from perfect but at my age I don’t have time to wait for perfection. 
If gas remains high (likely) for the duration of my employment/commuting, I’ll easily get most if not full ROI on the price of admission (fuel & ICE related maintenance offsetting purchase price). 

All in all it’s been a pleasure (EV ownership) but I’m not like most nor do most have my situations. 

John Ranalletta

This isn't strictly about gasoline, but it is about runaway inflation.  This fellow's track record is very good.  If correct, trade your cash for something that will keep you alive or be more valuable as the dollar shrinks in value.

I've been trying to remember to look at prices as I drive around, and I have honestly forgotten to look for days now, and I pass a LOT of gas stations. I even bought gas yesterday for the work van and didn't look at the pump. Count even tell you what the bill was. Maybe tomorrow.

I left home Wednesday morning, filled up in Atlanta at $3.29 for reg.  Thursday (yesterday) afternoon I filled up near Pensacola for $3.69.  I'm just worried about getting home today.

Will the IRS change the mileage rate any time soon??

On 2/27/2022 at 8:07 AM, ESokoloff said:

Why are we discussing EV’s in a price of gas topic discussion?

because EV's are what we are being pushed to from the ICE's by a few radical woke CC "environmentalists" who've never heard of Milutin Milanković  and don't like him anyway because he disagreed with their ideas and proved it and never even heard of them.

I know electric vehicles have a place no doubt but what I find funny is most people pushing for their takeover have no idea how electricity is produced. I’m no expert on it either but I do know natural gas and coal play a huge role in making most of it. :5146:  How’s that better? :dontknow: 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

Well, EVs are the ONLY wheeled vehicle to conquer the moon, but it did take a combustion engine to get it there:4322:

$3.79 was the price I saw this morning on a sign for reg-lur at a BP

• Like 1

Well, once all the ICEs disappear, our only satiric the pleasing aroma will come from candles

2-Stoke-Smoke-Scented-Candles.jpg

And diesel too

%E2%80%9985-Diesel-Candle-by-D.S.-DURGA-

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Maybe, I’ll have to man up and actually ride my motorcycle to START in April. :classic_blush: :classic_biggrin:

NTTAWWT!  😁

• Plus 1 1
3 hours ago, Lowndes said:

because EV's are what we are being pushed to from the ICE's by a few radical woke CC "environmentalists" who've never heard of Milutin Milanković  and don't like him anyway because he disagreed with their ideas and proved it and never even heard of them.

I’m not opposed to the discussion you seek but feel it a hijack of the thread that the OP did not intend.  

A while back I started a typic dedicated to electric powered devices & feel that’s a more appropriate place for this discussion(s). 

To keep  on topic…..

$5.69.9 is the highest I saw this AM (Chevron Super) 

I still have not looked. Guess it really doesn't matter, as I have to pay no matter what it is. This afternoon I'll really try to pay attention to it.

Years ago when gas was $4.00, outrageous at the time, a friend had a brand new 5th wheel camper ($50,000), and of course a new truck to pull it ($47,000), a gasser, to save money on hotels cuz camping is much cheaper. Took it out to Sturgis for 4 days, cost $1000 in fuel. I mentioned that buys a lot of motel and hotel rooms.

He was not amused.

6 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

I’m not opposed to the discussion you seek but feel it a hijack of the thread that the OP did not intend.  

A while back I started a typic dedicated to electric powered devices & feel that’s a more appropriate place for this discussion(s). 

To keep  on topic…..

$5.69.9 is the highest I saw this AM (Chevron Super) 

Sorry. 

Just answering YOUR question??

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Maybe, I’ll have to man up and actually ride my motorcycle to START in April. :classic_blush: :classic_biggrin:

Well, I didn't lose any weight over the winter, so I was looking at "fat boy" motorcycle gear yesterday, both jacket and pants.  (I did finally find my old "pleasantly plump boy" lowers in my stored motorcycle junk, but I didn't even bother trying it on, 'cause my tight khaki shorts don't lie).  Can't ride without ATGATT; wouldn't even know how to start the damn bike.  🤣🤣🤣

(dang, there I go again, off topic)

$3.26 last fill up in Coeur d'Alene!!!

(... in for the "post" save! 😁)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

(dang, there I go again, off topic)

$3.26 last fill up in Coeur d'Alene!!!

(... in for the "post" save! 😁)

YOU'RE IN TROUBLE NOW!!

On 2/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, Skywagon said:

Brian...did they (ya'll) get rid of MTBE?  I remember when I lived there it was a big topic..

MTBE was replaced by Ethanol. 

In this video Jason concludes that Switchgrass would be a better solution to Biofuels then Corn. 

• Like 2

Hmm, I guess I lied a little with that last post.   $3.50 today in Coeur d'Alene 

We're catching up with the rest of America, I guess.

"To $10 per gallon, and BEYOND!!!"

(Do I get my Good Environmentalist patch now?) 🤔

On 3/3/2022 at 3:44 PM, Red said:

Went up 20 cents just today.  Current price at majors is $4.399

Went up another $0.20 today.  Been here 4 decades.  This is an all thyme high in my town.  Ya know what, if this is what it takes to help the Ukrainians, I'm all in.  I'm sure there are lots of folks who are on the edge and a 40 cent rise in petrol means making serious decisions.   I for one am glad to pay my Ukraine tax.  :5210:

• Like 1

On Wednesday it was $3.29

Thursday same station $3.79

Friday same station $3.99

This Morning it wa$4.15

This is a  small station and there is no way that they had fuel delivered each day.  They are just raising the prices to the same as the big gas station like Sheets and WaWa.  The Sheets near me followed the same pricing.  Gas her has gone up over $0.70 in 5 days

52 minutes ago, VaR1200RT said:

On Wednesday it was $3.29

Thursday same station $3.79

Friday same station $3.99

This Morning it wa$4.15

This is a  small station and there is no way that they had fuel delivered each day.  They are just raising the prices to the same as the big gas station like Sheets and WaWa.  The Sheets near me followed the same pricing.  Gas her has gone up over $0.70 in 5 days

I think the current price is based on the replacement cost of the gas.  Unless, of course, the prices are dropping.

Station prices are based on the current price to replace, as Ikrause stated, even if the prices go down and the current supply was bought at the higher price. They do seem to come down a bit slower than they rise, but that is the practice.

Also, many states have an enforced percentage difference in price verses other local stations to avoid local gas wars, where one station could run a promotion of $1 a gallon for the next three hours or two days, avoiding mob scenes and pandemonium.

On 2/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, roadscholar said:

Somewhere in between those two, still worth every penny and then some.

8CE5D50E-3437-4D9C-BFCA-3CEEBFE63CF0.thumb.jpeg.f435219c83b7e1bc58ab4cdd360894d7.jpeg

012EC01A-AC6B-44DD-9E15-F000ABC5D196.thumb.jpeg.f75e3c6587e9bb940f4376812d252eca.jpeg

But even if EV’s can duplicate the driving experience (they haven’t yet, it’s not about acceleration and generating numbers) they’ll never produce the aural ecstasy. Either of those engines at full throttle makes a gearhead smile every time and it’s one of the reasons they've doubled in value the last few years, we know as well as anyone what’s coming.

I just love the Cabriolet one.....

• Like 1
roadscholar

4.20 for regular here, increase of about .70 since the thread was started. 

Eta, diesel went up about a dollar in the last week or so, feel bad for the independent truckers.

That was the price for premium at my Chevron.  I paid $4.59 for mid-grade.  The fuel island attendant stated that they will go above $5 / gallon.   

I normally only look at the price of regular, for that is all we use in our vehicles. For the bikes, boat, and yard machines it's non ethanol. I'm sure its over $5.00  Will find out later today.

On Friday, March 4 the price for regular was $3.50. Yesterday, Monday, March 7 the price was $3.99. I have no issues with going green as along as there is a plan to get there and that is missing. Other than the gov saying, "Do it." 

As for electric vehicles and me, they will not work unless I want to add multiple hours of travel waiting for the recharge of the battery at who knows where. 

Houston Today  $3.89 cheap stations for regular e.g Valero, OK, Racetrack..........$4.09 for the same at premium stations e.g. Chevron, Texaco, Exxon, Phillips, etc

5 hours ago, taylor1 said:

$4.79 

I lied. The idiot at our local little convenience store posted the wrong price.  $4.09 That's better , but not good.

4 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

"I was able to cut my gas bill to $0 by buying a $100k electric vehicle"

I managed to cut my commute gas bill to $0 by buying a $13k electric vehicle. 

When I debated on if I should go EV I factored $4 as my average fuel cost over the remaining years I will need to commute & came close to a full ROI. 

Soon after my purchase 4.5 years ago, gasoline cost dropped & I started to question a full ROI. 

Today I’m back to betting that I will be getting most if not all back. 
Guess I have Joe to thank for that:ohboy:

$4.25 here in MI. It was $3.09 a week ago. I'll refrain from adding a Political comment but I think I WILL hold off on buying new tires for the Corvette this summer.

2 hours ago, RPG said:

$4.25 here in MI. It was $3.09 a week ago. I'll refrain from adding a Political comment but I think I WILL hold off on buying new tires for the Corvette this summer.

No guts, no glory!  🤣🤣

Not like anything you'd say actually matters anymore, just like your vote.  I'm just like the flotsam, drifting slowly along .... just rollin' with it all.  😁

Until it's time to do ... something else, quite different.  😒

• Like 1