IGNORED

Gasoline Prices - Whats Yours?

Skywagon

Not fair, you live where all the refineries are : ) 3.49 for regular here but German cars call for premium altho mid grade (3.75-3.80) works fine as long as I don’t do track days and try to override the knock sensors. 

Gas prices vary geographically and even locally, in other parts of town it can be .15 or .20 less. 

But... it was under 2.00 here a year and a half ago which is maybe what you were asking.

29 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

year and a half ago which is maybe what you were asking.

no I didn’t want to start down that path. Just curious what people are paying now. I saw something on Ca and it caught my eye

I couldn't tell you, I don't pay attention to it. I need it, I buy it.

Most of my fuel purchases are for the work van, paid by card provided by the company, so even less attention paid to those transactions.

Funny story, we were on a weekend motorcycle trip, but one friend had issues with his bike, so he followed in his truck. (I know, I thought it odd too.) At one point he asks if we can stop at a specific brand station for gas, because he gets 7 cents off per gallon. I laughed and said we'll try. Later in the day he says the same, stop at XYZ station for 7 cents discount. I said we need gas when we need gas, can I just give you $2.00? He got a little pissed and said "Well I don't need gas, I can just go home from here." I just laughed. Lighten up Francis.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Most of my fuel purchases are for the work van, paid by card provided by the company, so even less attention paid to those transactions.

Funny story, we were on a weekend motorcycle trip, but one friend had issues with his bike, so he followed in his truck. (I know, I thought it odd too.) At one point he asks if we can stop at a specific brand station for gas, because he gets 7 cents off per gallon. I laughed and said we'll try. Later in the day he says the same, stop at XYZ station for 7 cents discount. I said we need gas when we need gas, can I just give you $2.00? He got a little pissed and said "Well I don't need gas, I can just go home from here." I just laughed. Lighten up Francis.

Yep, stick it in, unleash the fluid, pull it out and leave.

• Thinking 1

3.47 for 87 octane in west central florida. Don't have my bike here so not sure about 89 octane. Demand is crazy high down here this time of the year. Not sure what happens to prices when the snowbirds leave. 

There are refineries here and so are high fuel prices.

Regular, 87 Octane will run anywhere from $4.40 - 4.90 Anything else is higher. Typical Diesel is $ 4.50 - $5.10 

Should be tipping over the $5.00 mark this summer for gas; you know the 'California Blend' is aged... :facepalm:

It went up a little this week.  $2.49 for UNL REG at my pump.

(Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention.

I've been known to lie a little bit here and there.  In this case, by about 75 cents.  😎  Just paid $3.24.  My wife and I call it "... just another BIDEN BONUS!! (tm)".  🙄😖😡🤬)

10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Yup, that.

I do grab the receipt to put in my receipt box for when the wife does her bill consolidation,.....unless of course the damn thing says "see clerk for receipt", to which, I boil a little blood cause if I wanted to deal with humans in the first place, I'da just walked in to pay :classic_rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Sounds like we have similar friends um acquaintances. Custom POS Harley a coworker put together (had put together in a rush) got in on a “half” cross country trip I planned. (Shipped the bikes to Colorado) On the ground I told Dave as we go west gas stops could get scarce in areas so let me know when you’re at half a tank so I can look for a decent stop. He decides his custom Harley would run as long and as far as my German engineered RT. Dumbass! 

He comes up pointing to his tank as the bike is sputtering and he’s turning the petcock to reserve. :ohboy:I passed a place that looked out of business with rundown old pumps that didn’t look operational and continued to the next modern station a few miles down the road. They stopped at the run down station and we got separated for a few which added some friction to the journey ahead of us. We did get it figured out and had a decent time for the rest of the trip. His bike didn’t make it home intact though, his rear spokes came apart in Ohio. 

• Smile 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I do grab the receipt to put in my receipt box for when the wife does her bill consolidation,.....unless of course the damn thing says "see clerk for receipt", to which, I boil a little blood cause if I wanted to deal with humans in the first place, I'da just walked in to pay :classic_rolleyes:

If there's no receipt, I just take a picture of the pump. Might take another of the odometer/trip meter if I'm tracking mileage on a trip.  That provides time, date, & location, without paper to lose.

Regular seems to be $2.95-3.15 around here. Premium $3.35-3.59. Ethanol-free is just a dream from the past.

The local Sam's Club is always the cheapest local price. When that location is not convenient, the Gas Buddy app is my guide.

image.png.1cbfd12e34a1caf12f2721a6e4cc665a.png

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, lkraus said:

If there's no receipt, I just take a picture of the pump. Might take another of the odometer/trip meter if I'm tracking mileage on a trip.  That provides time, date, & location, without paper to lose.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap

I take a mental picture and write it down (close enough total) on one of the "already in the box" receipts with date and station.  That's really the only time I look at the price.

In the Kalifornia, my local Chevron was $4.95 for regular unleaded and $5.20 for super.  Gotta love having our own "special blend" of gas no other state uses and the new gas taxes added onto the already high existing ones.  Jealous of you all with those $3 rates.

With the little military hick-up occurring Europe at the moment, I fully anticipate America's "Biden Bonus!!" (tm) to get even better.  After all, I still recall Democrats 10+ years ago pledging $10 a gallon gas as a policy plank.  Between the dollar being worth---less, and America descending once again into a "petroleum-debtor" nation, high dollar denominated fuel prices are inevitable.   

Now, if America only had ability to develop our own, internal petroleum resources to blow Saudi Arabian and Russian oil production out of the water, and our dollar could once again become a stable, fiat currency,  I'll bet these gas prices could drop to something more affordable for most Americans.  In fact, recent historical experience pretty much guarantees this could happen.   🙄  But, of course, I'm digressing ....

So, gas prices here are high, going higher, will probably level off at about $7 or $8 a gallon in the near term.  $3.25 to $3.75 now for UNL REG in my area, and about $0.50 higher a mile away, across the Washington State border.

Plus, the cost of auto's and trucks that USE petroleum based fuels are now out of sight for most middle class families.  In fact, the price of USED vehicles is rapidly becoming beyond the reach for the average Americans, not to mention, both new and used are becoming flat out, unavailable at any price.    But, if Americans can no longer buy trucks and cars, what EVER will they do for transportation?  Well, for one, those $40K electric automobiles of the past 10 years are going to become mighty, more affordable (as long as America can figure out how to QUICKLY create "free" electricity from non-coal, and non-petroleum resources).  Second, **** MASS TRANSIT **** for everyone (except....um... the elites).  Heck, our highway congestion will become a thing of the past, i.e. they'll look like East Germany's autobahn circa 1975.

Seems like everything's going according to plan, ... ahh... somebody's plan, whoever's plan.  If you believe that all of this stuff "just happens", like by nature, an "Act of God", hmmm, well, you enjoy your ignorance. 

Opps, I've digressed from my prior digression.  

Nevermind ....  😨😒😖

On 2/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, ESokoloff said:

How can you PetrolHeads stomach this?

Escaped that hell hole ten years ago.............so I don't worry about what Cali does.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
44 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Escaped that hell hole ten years ago.............so I don't worry about what Cali does.

The price of petroleum products hasn’t changed in your neck of the woods in the last year?

On 2/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, ESokoloff said:

How can you PetrolHeads stomach this

Pretty good when I'm riding down the road on my antique airhead  LOL

15 minutes ago, taylor1 said:
15 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Your recreational airhead’s fill-up ($) is a fraction of the fill-up of my (thankfully) seldom used pickup truck.  

On 2/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, Skywagon said:

Brian...did they (ya'll) get rid of MTBE?  I remember when I lived there it was a big topic..

I think its banned here now due to polluting the ground water or at least the soil from leaky station gas tanks.

1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

59 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Your recreational airhead’s fill-up ($) is a fraction of the fill-up of my (thankfully) seldom used pickup truck.  

Somewhere in between those two, still worth every penny and then some.

8CE5D50E-3437-4D9C-BFCA-3CEEBFE63CF0.thumb.jpeg.f435219c83b7e1bc58ab4cdd360894d7.jpeg

012EC01A-AC6B-44DD-9E15-F000ABC5D196.thumb.jpeg.f75e3c6587e9bb940f4376812d252eca.jpeg

But even if EV’s can duplicate the driving experience (they haven’t yet, it’s not about acceleration and generating numbers) they’ll never produce the aural ecstasy. Either of those engines at full throttle makes a gearhead smile every time and it’s one of the reasons they've doubled in value the last few years, we know as well as anyone what’s coming.

• Like 2
On 2/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rougarou said:

Yep, stick it in, unleash the fluid, pull it out and leave.

Wait a minute, I thought we were talking about gasoline.

Oh, yeah, today I wend down to the local QT for the start-of-the-season fill up of the gas cans with non-ethanol for the lawn mower, edger, trimmer, chain saws, etc.  

24.187 gallons at $3.959 per = $95.76!!  HOLY CRAP.  I'm gonna plant poison ivy and let it go.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
16 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

... we know as well as anyone what’s coming.

1861.v2?  Nevermind.  😒

(People are born free, i.e. freedom is their natural state.  Compelling a free people into doing something they just won't do, is a bad plan in the long run.  EVO's will win the market, when they win the market just like the petroleum based auto's did, by price and popularity.  When the majority of people love EVO's as much as they've loved the automobile for over 100 years, EVO's will dominate.  Most people still hate 'em with a passion.)

14 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Somewhere in between those two, still worth every penny and then some.

8CE5D50E-3437-4D9C-BFCA-3CEEBFE63CF0.thumb.jpeg.f435219c83b7e1bc58ab4cdd360894d7.jpeg

012EC01A-AC6B-44DD-9E15-F000ABC5D196.thumb.jpeg.f75e3c6587e9bb940f4376812d252eca.jpeg

But even if EV’s can duplicate the driving experience (they haven’t yet, it’s not about acceleration and generating numbers) they’ll never produce the aural ecstasy. Either of those engines at full throttle makes a gearhead smile every time and it’s one of the reasons those two cars have doubled in value in the last few years, we know as well as anyone what’s coming.

That’s all fine and dandy for those that choose to drive for pleasure or have sufficient funds to offset a substantial rise in the cost of admission.  

What about the struggling business or poor worker bees trying to eek out a meager existence & seeing the price of this necessity jump significantly in the last year?

I don’t need a visceral experience to get me too & from work but it is fun to drag race ICE vehicles (including motorcycles) & give them a good challenge. 

3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

What about the struggling business or poor worker bees trying to eek out a meager existence & seeing the price of this necessity jump significantly in the last year?

IDK, maybe they should look into getting a Tesla : )

3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

That’s all fine and dandy for those that choose to drive for pleasure or have sufficient funds to offset a substantial rise in the cost of admission.  

Sufficient funds, nah for me it's partly business. I'm betting either car was less than your electric motorcycle, heck maybe both.

19 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

This is not the first time gas prices have jumped and we seemed to have lived through it. 

The great state or Worshingtun is going to charge all it's neighbors more $.  They supply a great deal of fuel to Origone, N Idaho, and AK.

February 23, 2022, 10:51 AM PST

Washington’s plan to tax fuel exported from the state is angering neighbors in Oregon, Alaska and Idaho, who say their residents would bear the cost of the proposal.

The state’s legislature has proposed a 6 cents-per-gallon tax, part of a $16.8 billion transportation bill that would fund roads and transit and modernize an aging ferry system. The export tax would be the first of its kind in the nation, according to the Washington Policy Center. 

15 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

If they're a struggling business or poor worker, then they likely hold onto a vehicle for many many years, what happens when they have to dump $$$$ into an EV to replace the ba'trees. 

Most of the rural folks I know, will pull their SBC rebuild in the back yard, then drop it back in, or yank one from a junkyard for nearly nothing as a replacement.  The little bidnesses probably do the same thing.  It's quite cheep to rebuild a SBC or Ford block, and, both are plentiful in the salvage yards.

Can I go to the junkyard and pull some Tesla batteries or a Zero battery when mine go bad?,......don't think so.

Fuel prices fluctuate, it's what they do.  These prices were around in 2014 and will go back down.

I work for a rather large company that owns well over 300 fleet vehicles. While not financially strapped, adding $50 a week to the cost of fuel per vehicle starts to add up, and that's a conservative number.

33 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I work for a rather large company that owns well over 300 fleet vehicles. While not financially strapped, adding $50 a week to the cost of fuel per vehicle starts to add up, and that's a conservative number.

There goes your merit raise.

Ya, it adds up.  But its up and down throughout time

57 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Can I go to the junkyard and pull some Tesla batteries or a Zero battery when mine go bad?,......don't think so.

Why are we discussing EV’s in a price of gas topic discussion?